Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

From the mediocre movie to the crappy expensive dolls to the fugly costumes to the recent lame live action promo and to now a crappy TV edit, EG has been doing more harm than good to this franchise and the fandom as a whole and a stupid cash-grab that shouldn't have ever existed in the first place. 

You know, I really don't see how Equestria Girls is doing harm to the franchise. There's always been crappy (sometimes expensive) toys, there's always been terrible commercials, and the TV edit (comparatively) sucking ass isn't that big of a deal because there's always the regular version online or in stores. The costumes, while ugly as hell, shouldn't effect the fandom at all. It's just merchandise that isn't necessary to buy (same with the dolls). The only way these things are causing harm is by all the people overreacting to the stuff. 

Minus all that, I guess you could say, if you really didn't like the movie, that it was causing harm to the franchise by just plain existing. While I'd wholeheartedly disagree with you on that (as I loved the movie), that would be at least understandable. It's just all that other stuff was sort of happening before, so I don't see how it's hurting the franchise anymore now than it was before.

Edited by Grimchi3f

Remember that poll the Hub was running?

We have a winner...

YES! ALL HAIL BEST PONY!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=545200632195690&set=pb.119249468124144.-2207520000.1378047967.&type=3&theater

This is obviously fabricated. I mean, we all know who the true winner was, right?

Kw3QZtV.png

This is the real image the Hub posted. Not that shoddily done edit of Fluttershy plastered over Rarity. You guys fall for everything, don't you? Jeez...

• Thumbs Up 8

No matter who would've won, there would still be uproar and butthurt from those who disagree. Congrats Flutters.

*coughscootalooisrealbestponyufgtfitemeirlcough*

Edited by Scootaloo

Rarity or AJ deserved to win.

Anyway let's have look on the background pony Pokey Pierce from episodes like Call of the Cutie.

Edited by Applejack1973

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqVVtaWd8Pw

Well then.

I don't know how to properly respond to this.

Edited by McGroose

I kind of don't hate to say this, guys. But apparently the Hub has messed up, yet again.

ohsdjs.png

Good thing they made some "finishing touches" right in time, I'm sure some people were starting to get worried.

EDIT: While I'm here, has anyone else been doing the Trivia Challenge on the Hub's website? 

EDIT2: Also, how old do you guys think the Mane 6 are?

Edited by ThunderCracker

I assume they're in the 17 - 20 age range given that the vast majority live alone, have their own jobs, and seem fairly independent. Rarity is a business owner, so I can see her being on the older end of the spectrum. Fluttershy is a year older than Pinkie Pie, and as a filly she had a pretty lanky physique.

I recall Lauren Faust saying that she imagined ponies in this show aging like RL ponies, and that they where around 4 or 5. However she also said that it was her personal headcanon and that their actual ages are really left to the viewer to decide, very much like many other cartoon characters.

Me, I agree with them being in their late teens,  seeing as how they seem somewhat young, but some seem to run their own businesses. I also imagine them aging like humans do (Since the thought of them being shriveled old mares within a couple years is kinda depressing. XD)

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac

Well Pinkie Pie is a year younger than Fluttershy as said in Episode 5: Griffon the Brush-Off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUivBz1s0y8

But the rest of the Mane Six. I say the same thing as Mega. They're probably 17-20. Even though EQG seems off to most of you guys. I think it fits perfectly for their age. They were all Seniors in High School, and Seniors ages range from 17-19 most of the time.

I really, really dislike the idea of the ponies aging like real horses. It just doesn't make sense given the calender seems to operate like a human calender, the implications that Granny Smith is quite old, and the fact that they're anthropomorphized equines. It's just too weird to imagine and kinda breaks the immersion.

• Thumbs Up 7

Gonna drown in the pussy when I master these moves. Women will tremble at my sight.

Edited by TheCakeMiester
  • Thumbs Up 7

Gonna drown in the pussy when I master these moves. Women will tremble at my sight.

Watched for this:

384712__safe_rainbow+dash_pinkie+pie_flu

Got whatever the fuck that was.

• Thumbs Up 5

What the fuck did I just watch?

;A;

I...I really have nothing else to say here. I'm gonna go eat a really big bowl of ice cream.

• Thumbs Up 6

I... what the fuck was.... *sigh* you know Hasbro, do whatever you want. As long as all this shit stays away from the actual show then I couldn't care less what you think is hip with todays youth.

On another topic:

You know guys, I've been meaning to ask you all something since like halfway through season 3. And based on earlier post in the year, it is a somewhat sore topic amongst the fandom. I'm sorry in advance but I just have to ask (especially before season 4 where I'd imagine it's just going to get more heated), what exactly is so bad about fan shout outs (or pandering as some like to call it)?

I mean, I'm not saying I fully support them; but I have yet to see a reason not to. I just don't understand where some are coming from when they go out of their way to say that pandering is a huge issue with this series. I could understand it if the shout outs started to overshadow the actual episode, but this has never been the case and I just can't think of an legit circumstance where it could happen in the future. The way I see it, the shout outs that we've gotten so far from the show have been nothing but neat references to the past; placed where a generic walk cycle or phrase would of been.

Also, due to the recent poll on EQD I wanted to bring up the idea of fan concepts winding up in the show which I honestly put in the same boat as other shout outs. As long as they're decent about implementing them and don't shove them straight in your face I'd be all for it. I mean, I wouldn't want to see something from Cupcakes end up in an episode but I see nothing wrong with like.... a paper hat in the background of Luna's room or something. Though, I'd imagine some of you think the exact opposite on these things. What exactly is so wrong with these sort of references ending up in the show? I really just want to understand the other side of this topic because, as of now, I just don't see a basses to this argument. I want to know why some are just so dead set on avoiding what could be (or really continue to be since the show has done it before) some fun side gags.

• Thumbs Up 2

Exactly what warranted for the Disney Channel-esque/Kids Bop music video (like FiM needs to be associated with that kind of crap) to have a Behind the Scenes extra? Oh yeah, Hasbro's dumb as crap and pointless profit risk marketing. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Is it wrong that I just tried to learn this?

Yes. Please consider seppuku right away. Only the dead can know peace from this evil.

• Thumbs Up 4

On the upside, there are videos on youtube for anyone who wants to learn the proper dance from EQG. I'd say those are at least a little less embarrassing.

But I also dont' see what's so bad about the "pandering" when the staff of the show enjoys it. Like, DJ P0N-3? SIbsy loves putting her in the backgrounds because she really likes the design. I don't really see how it detracts from the experience overall. Execution is key.

• Thumbs Up 5

Please consider seppuku right away. Only the dead can know peace from this evil.

Wow, that was really rude.

By the way, did anyone else think Pinkie Pie in the Music Video looked like Ashley Tisdale?

Wow, that was really rude.

By the way, did anyone else think Pinkie Pie in the Music Video looked like Ashley Tisdale?

Live action spin-off series for Disney Channel confirmed.