Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Chapter 5, the final chapter, of the Last Story is up!

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/33190/Through-The-Crack

(Oh my god this took me forever to type! You won't believe how annoying it is to try and type Sonic only for it to come out as SOnic. So aggravating!)

In this chapter, Super Sonic confronts Discord, however, the draconequis turns out to be too powerful to handle. While Super Sonic gets pwned by Discord's mental power, Eggman comes up with the idea to use the Elements of Harmony on Super Sonic, thereby combining the powers of Chaos and Harmony. It works and the newly empowered Sonic destroys Discord and sets the world right again. Now that that is over, Sonic, Tails, and Eggman need to get home. Since the Doctor's TARDIS is still pretty damaged from traveling to Sonic's universe and back, they need to find a new solution. Celestia has one and teleports them all to a place she found nearly a thousand years before: the room of the World Gates. Sonic and Tails go through the gate leading back to their world but Eggman stays a little longer to apologize to the ponies, once again, for doing all that bad stuff and promising to be good from now on. Celestia reveals that going through the Gates make you forget everything that happened in the previous universe. Saddened by this news, Eggman has no choice but to return to his old, evil self. With those 3 back home, the Doctor seals the entrance to the World Gate room so that it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.

Stay tuned because, although this may be the final chapter, there is still an epilogue to come.

I have sort of a love/hate relationship with Trixie. I'm in a love mood now... Here's a pic I drew and traced of her. There's a couple of errors and muckups on it, so I'll probably fix it in the future along with adding a background sometime soon. Plus it's good to practice my Illustrator skills.

trixie_by_robo_jim-d5ckqcx.png

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings
  • Thumbs Up 9

I have sort of a love/hate relationship with Trixie. I'm in a love mood now...

I love Trixie too.

Boast Busters was some of the earliest episodes I saw.

Ooh, some new stickers! I love stickers! I want to get an apple themed notebook and put the Applejack one o--

imagejpeg_2.jpg

Oh.

• Thumbs Up 6

Ooh, some new stickers! I love stickers! I want to get an apple themed notebook and put the Applejack one o--

Oh.

There are SIX elements of harmony. Why honesty always gets the shaft? I still don't get it.

There are SIX elements of harmony. Why honesty always gets the shaft? I still don't get it.

Because Honesty is a rarity. Then again, that could apply to anyone.

Edited by Enigmatus

Honestly, I wish I knew.

That reminds me of the time when I met a brony in real life. He asked me who my favourite pony was, and when I answered "Applejack", he gave me a mean look.

Because Honesty is a rarity. Then again, that could apply to anyone.

Well, as a matter of fact, "Magic" doesn't even exist.

Edited by WalpurgisNald

That reminds me of the time when I met a brony in real life. He asked me who my favourite pony was, and when I answered "Applejack", he gave me a mean look.

Geezus, I knew Applejack wasn't the most popular of the mane six, but not outright hated!

Then again, this guy was probably one of the douche fanboys.

Geezus, I knew Applejack wasn't the most popular of the mane six, but not outright hated!

Then again, this guy was probably one of the douche fanboys.

T'aint fair

My fic Way Out West.

http://www.fimfictio...54/Way-Out-West

And the Season 3 based fic Frozen North by me too.

http://www.fimfictio...82/Frozen-North

Edited by Applejack1973

I have to say, i can see why Applejack isn't exactly the most popular pony. Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Pinkie Pie all have pretty far-out, eccentric personalities (in their own completely different ways) while Twilight and Applejack are a lot more grounded and realistic with pretty typical "straight man" personalities, and i guess most people who like "straight man"-characters would be more inclined to like Twilight than AJ, with Twilight being the main character and all.

I have to say, i can see why Applejack isn't exactly the most popular pony. Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Pinkie Pie all have pretty far-out, eccentric personalities (in their own completely different ways) while Twilight and Applejack are a lot more grounded and realistic with pretty typical "straight man" personalities, and i guess most people who like "straight man"-characters would be more inclined to like Twilight than AJ, with Twilight being the main character and all.

Twilight has the memorable crazy moments like in Lesson Zero though on top of being the main character. The problem with Applejack lies in a lack of focus. It's not that she's any worse inherently than anyone else. She almost doesn't get spotlight episodes compared to the rest where there are many more clear cut spotlight episodes.

• Thumbs Up 3

Admittadly, i've only seen about 10-12 episodes of the show, so im not really aware of which characters tends to get the most focus (except Twilight, obviously). But yeah, if AJ tends to get the short end in terms of prominence, her lack of fans compared to the rest of the horsies makes even more sense.

Admittadly, i've only seen about 10-12 episodes of the show, so im not really aware of which characters tends to get the most focus (except Twilight, obviously). But yeah, if AJ tends to get the short end in terms of prominence, her lack of fans compared to the rest of the horsies makes even more sense.

It gets to the point during Season 2 where the Cutie Mark Crusaders, one of which is (as I'm guessing you know) Applejack's sister, get more episodes dedicated to them, with one or more of the main characters only being a bit part.

Twilight has the memorable crazy moments like in Lesson Zero though on top of being the main character. The problem with Applejack lies in a lack of focus. It's not that she's any worse inherently than anyone else. She almost doesn't get spotlight episodes compared to the rest where there are many more clear cut spotlight episodes.

Not to mention two out of three episodes she got overshadowed by other characters. The Last Round Up isn't even remembered for Applejack, but for Derpy and for some, Pinkie Pie.... and Don't even get me started on the Flim Flam brothers role in the Cider Squeezy episode.

Not to mention two out of three episodes she got overshadowed by other characters. The Last Round Up isn't even remembered for Applejack, but for Derpy and for some, Pinkie Pie.... and Don't even get me started on the Flim Flam brothers role in the Cider Squeezy episode.

Good point really. It's the straight man role that makes her overshadowed, which is why Applejack centric episodes tend to be or feel less frequent. A lot of Applejack's character compared to the rest imo seems to be how she bounces off everyone else, which, if she got more screentime, could really be capitalised on. Twilight doesn't need this as she has Spike and is the viewpoint character.

Obviously they all interact with each other in different ways, but they have more... not so much one note or outlandish (Rarity is my favourite because of her complexity and cliche subversion), but memorable personalities.

Edited by Semi-colon e

While waiting for S3.

2wf0pwh.jpg

I was gonna make speculations based off of this bingo chart, but It can't seem to understand German. :P

Poor Applejack. She's had a total of 3 episodes where she plays a main role. Applebuck season had her sleeping through half of it, Last Roundup had the spotlight stolen from her by Derpy and Demon Pie, at least she got in that troll lesson in the Flim Flam episodes but other than that nothing much aside from her role in Sisterhooves and in Look Before You Sleep. They even cut her part out of MMMystery express because of time constraints.

I think the biggest problem with Applejack is that she is pretty much a literal one-trick pony - the writers seem intent on having her character revolve around nothing but apples and athleticism, oh and I guess her inability to lie. Most other characters have personality traits that you can write various different stories on, from Rainbow Dash's cockiness and insecurity to Rarity's friendly yet self-centered nature and obsession with etiquette. Yet everything about AJ seems to involve apples somehow, and it just blows my mind how they don't do more with her. I don't even consider "hard working" to be a selling point because a lot of other characters work pretty hard at what they do also, well maybe not RD... Speaking of, she and RD even had a little rivalry going on in the beginning of the series which I loved, but they seemed to have mostly ditched that after the buffalo episode.

I don't mind Applejack but I'm mostly neutral on her, due to how her ambitions don't really seem to measure up to some of the other characters. She does have my favorite design of the mane six (and my favorite humanized fan art), and I've occasionally come across fanworks that do a lot more with her, but I have a feeling the writers are aware of how less exposed she is compared to the others. What I don't get is why they don't try to switch it up, because I don't believe she has no potential.

• Thumbs Up 6

The only thing I really don't like about applejack is that fake southern accent. I just about cringe ever time I hear her talk because she sounds like such a bad hillbilly stereotype.

It gets even worse in fanfics when people spell it out phonetically, I've seen fanfics I couldn't even make myself read because it was just too irritating.

Well, guys, looks like real life once again claimed someone else... Anyone know of Veggie55? Famous for his adult Cutie Mark Crusaders, Guyra and Lyra, and Soarin and Spitfire comics? Well it looks like Veggie55 is going on hiatus, or possibly even retiring, from pony comics.

Shame, I really loved his comics. Oh well, here's to wishing him luck in for his future endeavors.

EDIT: I forgot to add his final comic... What's wrong with me?!

farewell_by_veggie55-d5ckyxl.png

• Thumbs Up 7

Well, guys, looks like real life once again claimed someone else... Anyone know of Veggie55? Famous for his adult Cutie Mark Crusaders, Guyra and Lyra, and Soarin and Spitfire comics? Well it looks like Veggie55 is going on hiatus, or possibly even retiring, from pony comics.

Shame, I really loved his comics. Oh well, here's to wishing him luck in for his future endeavors.

>Veggie not doing any more comics

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

I really liked his comics, plus I got a few pointers on how to draw ponies in GIMP from his "How To" video a long while back. I wish him luck and good fortune in his future, he deserves it.

Edited by Pinkamina