Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

OMG TEH MASSIVE SPOILERZ FER SEASON 2!!!1!!!

Capture.JPG

HELL. FREAKING. YESH.

SCREW THE SPOILER TAGS THIS NEWS MUST BE SHARED WITH EVERYONE!!!111!!!!2!!!

tongue.png

(I am so sorry...)

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor
  • Thumbs Up 7

Capture.JPG

HELL. FREAKING. YES.

SCREW THE SPOILER TAGS, THIS NEWS MUST BE SHARED WITH EVERYONE!

tongue.png

(I am so sorry...)

why would you do this?

all of season two is ruined for me now!

:(

Anyway,

draw_me_like_your_felt_girls_by_pixelkitties-d4qiz4c.png

http://pixelkitties.deviantart.com/art/Draw-Me-Like-Your-Felt-Girls-286420044

Fan artists, y u no draw more felt stuff since the last episode? D:

Capture.JPG

OVERANALYSE ALL THE THINGS!

He said the rest of the episodes feature ponies, this greatly reduces any chance we had to see any other species in what's left of the season.

This also means we are not getting a Zecora episode. sad.png

Nor a Scootaloo another Fluttershy a Gilda one. *neutral faec*

Of course, we are talking about episode that only turns around them, there is a chance they will still be there (mostly Zecora) but sharing the spotlight with the master race ponies.

EDIT:

spilt_cider_by_veggie55-d4qix2u.png

My sides.... THEY HURT!! laugh.png

Edited by gato

Party of One is better than A Friend in Deed.

I'd slap you right now... that is if I didn't agree. tongue.png

I loved a Friend in Deed but nothing can beat Psychopath Pinkie Pie.

Anyways, seeing as how we're just about halfway though season I might as well give my thoughts on the eps. so far. Old disscussion is old, and people are probably waiting until the end of the season, but I say screw it.

Return to Harmony pt 1: Good

Return to Harmony pt 2: Great (Star Wars ending = nerdgasm)

Lesson Zero: Great (Psycho Twilight > Psycho Pinkie)

Luna Eclipsed: Very Good

Sisterhooves Social: Great (I gained massive respect for Rarity thanks to this episode.)

Cutie Pox: Average

May the Best Pet Win: Average

Mysterious Mare Do Well: Dissapointing (Unrelated Nitpick mode: WHERE'S MAH COSTUMED VILLAIN RAINBOW DASH?! >8E )

Sweet and Elite: Great

Secret of my Excess: Good (NOPE! I SAID ENOUGH! MUST RESIST URGE TO... KING KONG REF IS CLICHE AN- *Gets hit on the head with a lead pipe*)

Family Appreciation Day: Very Good

Baby Cakes: Great

Hearths Warming Eve: Good (Like everyone's pointed out, this episode had more plot holes than swiss cheese.)

The Last Roundup: Great

The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000: Good

Read it and Weep: Great

Hearts and Hooves Day: Average

A Friend in Deed: Great

What's that... 8 eps left? Wow, where does the time go? ohmy.png

Some impressive stuff here:

And that's just some dude (albeit a very well-informed and intelligent dude). Imagine the stuff that the actual animators could tell us.

Special Features, please.

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 3

Some impressive suff here:

And that's just some dude (albeit a very well-informed and intelligent dude). Imagine the stuff that the actual animators could tell us.

Special Features, please.

Videos like his are why I LOVE this fandom! :D

I, too, am glad I'm not the only one impressed by the walk cycle. It was an absolutely smoothless gem that really shaped the song together. The animaors were very meticulous into letting the beat and animation coexist, and they did a BEAUTIFUL job here!

The person who disected this piece dictated why clearly and with excellent detail. Why he isn't a professional animator, I have no idea how, because he knows how to break it down SO well.

One comment from him made me legitimately laugh out loud:

"You can also see that Pinkie's…butt is swaying side-to-side to counteract the swing of the leg."

laugh.png

Edited by Dark Qiviut

That was really an amazing breakdown. To be honest, that's more a reason I'm a game designer than an animator. True, both appeal to me, but I'm really fascinated in the psychological technicals behind why people like things and the engagements people create through remote kinetic connections. So, yeah, props to that guy.

Edited by SuperStingray

Here I go.

Return to Harmony pt 1

Return to Harmony pt 2

Lesson Zero

Luna Eclipsed

Sisterhooves Social

Cutie Pox

All great episodes

May the Best Pet Win: Average

Mysterious Mare Do Well: Good

Sweet and Elite: Great

Secret of my Excess: Great

Family Appreciation Day: Good

Baby Cakes: Average

Hearths Warming Eve: Average

The Last Roundup: Great

The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000: Great

Read it and Weep: Average

Hearts and Hooves Day: Great

A Friend in Deed: Average

I'm just going to leave this here...

137315%20-%20animator%20spoilers%20staff%20Twitter.png

Sounds like a mushy/sappy/lovely-dovely scene to me...

Just found it lying on Ponibooru, not sure how legit this is.

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oooohhhh boy. =D

Not sure if he's saying disturbing as in "disturbingly funny" or as in "nightmare fuel." but either way I think it'll be interesting. (Part of me is leaning towards the former, especially with him saying it was disturbing for him.)

Someone did mention this on the comments of Equestira Daily and said they found the title Seeds of Chaos pt 1 and 2. Taken with a grain of salt though, cause I've heard elsewhere that the title was originally intended for the season 2 premieres.

Heck, I'm not even sure if I can believe that's an actual title... Sounds pretty dark for a show like this. Only time will tell, who knows?

Well it's a ponyless weekend but Good news everypony (/farnsworth)

The Last Roundup is back on iTunes and with Derpy still intact apparently. I'm gonna buy it tomorrow after putting money into my accounta before the soccer moms and cactus up the ass havin' oversensitives start throwing another fit.

(Maybe I could buy it right now since iTunes sure loves taking their time before charging you...)

Now where is Hearts & Hooves?

• Thumbs Up 1

...wow, and I thought lack of Tails playability in Sonic 4: Episode 2's single player was legitimately disappointing.

Edited by VizardJeffhog
  • Thumbs Up 3

From what I heard on EQD they removed Derpy's name and changed her voice (Apparently to fix the VA's derp). Kind of disappointing, But at least they didn't can her entirely.

Unfortunately I have terrible internet and hate iTunes so I can't check myself.

Well it's a ponyless weekend but Good news everypony (/farnsworth)

The Last Roundup is back on iTunes and with Derpy still intact apparently. I'm gonna buy it tomorrow after putting money into my accounta before the soccer moms and cactus up the ass havin' oversensitives start throwing another fit.

(Maybe I could buy it right now since iTunes sure loves taking their time before charging you...)

Now where is Hearts & Hooves?

Why did you have to quote Farnsworth's catchphrase? Everyone knows when he says "good news, everyone!", something goes wrong...and this is no exception.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/derpy-has-been-modified.html

Earlier a post went up pointing out that The Last Roundup was released on iTunes finally. Sadly, it looks like she was actually modified. Her voice is different, and Rainbow Dash no longer names her.

This was in the SD version, I am not sure if the HD on my laptop is different. I am currently re-downloading it in HD To double check on my computer.

You can find the new Derpy after the break.

I guess we can go back to calling her Ditzy? :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh jesus tap dancing christ on a pogo stick what the fucking hell?I liked her derped voice...

Edited by Prince Solaris

You hear that noise? It's the Apocalypse coming.

Grab your umbrellas, kids. This one is gonna be bad.

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 2

So the goddamn soccer moms won this round?

Pardon me everyone, I gotta find some and give them a good swift kick to their easily butthurt faces.

• Thumbs Up 5

One. This is seriously unnecessary because Derpy was in no way offensive and just because a few people got overly sensitive is no reason is to spoil everyone's fun.

Two. This is just my opinion but... the new voice sounds really bland. There's no quirkyness or character to it. it's just a high pitched peppy voice. It's not bad just... nothing worth notice. Which is really bad when it comes to what is practically the fandom's mascot.

Three. Fuck you soccer moms.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am very, very, very, very unhappy and disappointed about this.

The fact that the edit was so shoddily done just pours salt in the wound.

That is all I will say.

Edited by Unknownlight

Eh, I don't mind the new voice, and it sounds okay. Again, I didn't care about Derpy anyway. They should have just kept her a silent Where's Waldo-like background character than do a Samus Aran Other M move on her.

Welp. This won't end well for anyone.

I mean, I'd be okay with the voice change, despite not liking it as much... but lazy name removal is lazy, and is probably the most offensive thing about it.

EDIT:

Christ, I think they fixed her eyes too.

Oh what the FUCK.

Edited by Phantomime
  • Thumbs Up 5