Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Hey just because its not confirmed doesn't mean it's not going to happen. Considering the exceptional ratings and viewership this show gets, I'd be surprised if it doesn't go past at least six seasons.

Personally, I can see it getting at least 3 or 4 seasons, maybe even more if the show's current quality either remains consistent or improves. I'll honestly be shocked if Season Three actually turns out to be only 13 episodes...

I see the show getting at least four to seven seasons.

Hey just because its not confirmed doesn't mean it's not going to happen. Considering the exceptional ratings and viewership this show gets, I'd be surprised if it doesn't go past at least six seasons.

I know that. I'm more sad that this means that more Rarity X Spike hasn't been confirmed more than anything.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Man, such an awesome interview, I can't wa-

http://www.equestria...-more-than.html

Update: It is confirmed a fake. Son of a.....

NOT. FREAKING. COOL.

I fruncking hate it when someone gives out fake announcements. Man my emotions are in such a mix of irritation and dissapointment

Some people are saying "Good show?"

Hell no, I really can't find a joke funny when It gets my hopes up, sorry guys. Nothing against those who are handling it well,(I'm kinda envying their patience right now.) but for me stuff like that tends to piss me off.

Goddamn trolls.

(And that's the day The Stinking Recolor became a target for trolls. tongue.png)

EDIT: Upon looking into it, more, I really should have seen it coming, especially when the interviewee admitted he snuck a peek fanfics from time to time... Didn't the show's animators state numerous times that if they read fanfics or fancomics, they could not only lose their job, but also get their butts sued off? Kinda of a dumb thing to admit, even if it is just skimming though it. Yeah, I feel a little silly now.

I'm still wondering how much patience people have to have to laugh this off, I'm usually a very short tempered person.

How many times will I edit this post before I leave? Nobody knows....

ph34r.png

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

Man, such an awesome interview, I can't wa-

NOT. FREAKING. COOL.

I fruncking hate it when someone gives out fake announcements. Man my emotions are in such a mix of irritation and dissapointment

Some people are saying "Good show?"

Hell no, I really can't find a joke funny when It gets my hopes up, sorry guys. Nothing against those who are handling it well,(I'm kinda envying their patience right now.) but for me stuff like that tends to piss me off.

Goddamn trolls.

(And that's the day The Stinking Recolor became a target for trolls. tongue.png)

EDIT: Upon looking into it, more, I really should have been suspicious when the interviewee mentioned they read fanfiction... Didn't the show's animators state numerous times that if they read fanfics or fancomics, they could not only lose their job, but also get their butts sued off? Yeah, I feel a little silly though.

I'm still wondering how much patience people have to have to laugh this off, I'm usually a very short tempered person.

I know how you feel. This was a pretty big disappointment. Only reason I'm not raging is because I had been skeptical the instant I saw it. I don't know, I think it was because of the guy's horrible grammar and spelling? Not sure why, it just made it hard for me to take him seriously. :/

Not to mention some of the answers were a bit too good to be true... Spike X Rarity T_T...ahem, anyway, yeah.

Jayson Thiessen heard about this, it seems: https://twitter.com/#!/goldenrusset/status/171771555402104835

To be fair, I kinda skimmed though the interview, so I didn't notice the grammar problems. I was too busy being excited for Derpy Hooves, Vinyl Scratch and Trixie to pay attention. =(

OKAY! Now I'm done. I swear, the last post I did has to have had the most edits of all my posts on this board.

EDIT: Upon looking into it, more, I really should have seen it coming, especially when the interviewee admitted he snuck a peek fanfics from time to time... Didn't the show's animators state numerous times that if they read fanfics or fancomics, they could not only lose their job, but also get their butts sued off? Kinda of a dumb thing to admit, even if it is just skimming though it. Yeah, I feel a little silly now.

I wonder if there's something on the Net that has some info on this? I've been curious about it myself ever since I first brought it up earlier in this topic when the whole Derpy controversy was going on.

'Cause, if it includes fan-made transformations for a character that a company already owns as well, then, uh, damn. =/

I've come to the conclusion that we bronies are a pretty gullible fandom laugh.png , I admit I fell for it for the 30 or so seconds it took me to skim through Peanut's post (I tl;dr'd) 'til Advent's one...

In my defense, I'm not sure if it would have been the same if I had been reading the whole thing from the beginning to the big reveal...

No point in trying to cover myself, I fell for it and that's it... Oh well...

FANFICTION TIME! ("gato is worst pony" edition)

At least when tired.

Secret Tub Fun:

This fic has been going for quite some time...

I remember myself complaining the first time it looked like it was going to mutate into a super serious story, because I felt it betrayed the fic's purpose of... you know... Secret Tub Fun... I liked how the story was going when it was some simple tales of some ponies reflecting a little about their lives and the day they had while taking a bath (it's less perverted in context, promise).

Then we had a Celestia mini arc dealing with the author's theory about Pinkie's cutie mark the world's creation and the growing menace of she going insane in a similar or worse way her sister did 1000 years ago. (while planning the next moves that will help to "defeat her")

Now we are back to a similar point, the latest chapter still maintains the fun aspect (ignoring the tub, and maybe keeping the secret considering the context) that Lawn has been using for most of it's fic, it deals with an incident involving Rainbow, Gilda and Scootaloo... It turns out that Dash and Gilda were caught...

- Fighting

- Breaking into the major's house

- Who has having some sort of affair with Derpy

- And the fight was because Dash caught Gilda when she was (apparently) about to do some perverted things to Scoot.

- It doesn't help that Gilda was also denounced for "exhibitionism" (how does that work when most of them are naked? Read the fic and find out!)

So yeah, quite the mess we have here... But despite this the story turns out to be quite sweet (and with some spice added from the bitch of a recorder and the not so sweet police officers), it's actually an amazing story all of it's own and I must applaud Lawn's writting skills for that...

And then the ending comes up announcing what I've been dreading since Celly's mini arc... And I actually see myself excited for it... Sure, tt might not be what I wanted but that doesn't mean it's not going to be good (and as far as this fic goes, I'm pretty sure it will be).

So yeah, can't wait to see where this goes.

The Third Generation:

G3 ponies!

I've been reading my fair share of generation leaps, the first one turned out to be more like a "let's laugh at how awful those were" kind of fic, that while funny didn't; leave any lasting impression. (if memory doesn't fail me and probably is)

The second one was a let's fuse G1, G4 and a sci-fi setting where an evil human cult/organisation/corporation is trying to weaponize ponies... It was interesting enough and I believe I posted about it here but it was not something I particularly enjoyed.

And I really don't feel like talking about Substitute Harmony.

This one deals with a more canon-like theme while not making fun the other generation... It's about G3 Rainbow Dash (it's in the description so I'm not spoilering) who apparently got lost and arrives at G4 Ponyville... Seems good enough as it is, but there is more lying under the surface of this apparently simple story and the only thing we readers know so far is (once again, it's in the description) that it involves Discord.

I have to commend Candle Light for offering to us a quite appealing, dark and respectful vision of G3 (tough I don't know if some of them are supposed to have those rather annoying tics). The mystery surrounding whatever impulsed Discord (somehow using the elements of harmony) to enclose these ponies in this almost never ending cycle is really interesting... The fact some ponies seem to be G3 versions of the G4 element bearers (apart from Rainbow, Pinkie and Rarity) only adds to the mystery, and add that old legend of 6 castles and how Discord managed to caught one of them and we have something juicy going on...

I also love the interaction between the ponies too (though I believe some parts could have been... funnier)... I especially loved Pinkies town sized party to cheer up her G3 self. (I'm not sure what the author tried to do with Fluttershy here but I'll let it slide).

So yeah, all in all this is an interesting fic.

Yours Truly: (One shot and title namer)

Ever happened that you read one of those fic's that everyone seems to love but you don't?

It happens to me more times that I would like to. :<

This is a bittersweet tale about separation... And how it affect the mane 6.

Okay, first things first... I loved AJ and Twi here (the protagonists of this story, to my chagrin because I was expecting a fair share of the spotlight), the way their relationship developed was amazing and I find refreshing how it was handled in a different way than the FlutterDash one. (different ponies have different kinds of "ships")

That and Rainbow Dash were pretty much my only positive points in the fic.

Pinkie Pie became a sky pirate...

Why?

It really bothers me that in a story that is supposed to be deep and moving this meaningless and ridiculous story point gets thrown, without any explanation as for why it happened nor any resolution about it. Pinkie just randomly decides to become a pirate and that's all we know... It also bothers me how she acts like one (doing criminal activities and all the sort things you do coz a pirate is free) with nopony interfering at all, not even the guard... It s funny, yes, but I don't see the place for it in this particular story.

Rarity's story was kind of good... While it lasted...

She seems to develop feelings towards Spike (who is experiencing his first long sleep) and decides to get frozen with him until he awakes (despite a previous agreement they had)... While that story is sweet the stuff surrounding it is cringe worthy. First we have how she pretty much abandoned everything for her beloved one (friends, family, not to mention the group of ponies who risked their lives for her in this last quest and have been supporting her with her business)... It would've been nice to see if she at least did something about it.

The other thing I didn't like is (again) how redundant this is, Rarity disappears from the map and is never brought up, the readers know what happened but the mane 6 don't and they can't even bother to mention her during their scarce meetings... This is more noticeable with Pinkie (who was pretty much the last mane 6 to see the white unicorn)... Then again, Pinkie didn't seem to be in the right place. (it still bothers me how nopony did anything about it).

Fluttershy was a total disappointment, she spends the whole story crying for Rainbow Dash and then... She had her... And lived happily ever after (despite almost breaking when Rainbow didn't come back after going to look for food). I was expecting some sort of development... Some life realities hitting the shy pegasus (this is tagged [bittersweet] isn't it?)... Anything...

And nothing happens... She just comes as whiny until the gets what she wants (without any real consequences).

Maybe it was the sum p of this things or maybe I was too freaking tired to picture some proper scenes for most of what is described in the letters, but at the end I felt nothing... I see self proclaimed trolls who enjoys other people's suffering crying and I felt nothing... Totally indifferent (okay, maybe a bit happy for the ending of their relationship).

I frankly feel this fic fails in the bitter side... As I said before, AJ and Twi's development was interesting and their ending was as happy as one will get. And Rainbow was awesome and some of her scenes were fistpump worthy, but the rest of the mane 6 (and whatever surrounds them) kind of ruined everything for me.

I hate having an opinion being worst pony. :<

*not rated*

My Little Alicorn: (partly title namer)

It bothers me me how after what I just posted this fic comes and actually makes me shed some tears... (and Yours Truly was the last fic I've read before this one)

Things happen in this order:

- Luna's dinner with the noble ponies happen.

- Things go to hell rather quickly (just according to Celly's keikaku) laugh.png

- Luna explodes in rage and begins tearing the nobleponies apart (WITH WORDS! This one hasn't gone full grimdark yet)... FUCK YEAH and fist pumping ensues.

- Luna realizes a little too late what she just did.

- Breakfast, Luna and Celly are eating but then Luna breaks and admits being a failure of a princess (first tears)

- The noble ponies actually do something and (most of them) go to apologize to the night princess with flowers (ALL OF MY HAPPINES!)

- After this surprising display of regret for they actions now Celestia breaks, because she lost her faith in those ponies long ago and never bothered with them... She stopped caring about what she pretty much used to consider her children... Then she starts crying and screaming how much of a terrible mother figure she have been during these years. (ALL OF M Y TEARS! T_T)

And between all of this is the Douche conspiracy (his spies discovered Celly's little secret).

This fic is one hell of a rollercoaster and can't wait to see more of it.

An Earth Pony's Guide to Magic:

I think I've already mentioned this here but it really bothers me how a lot of fanfics have Rarity saying the word "Darling" as if it were one of those japanese pronouns.

Seriously, I checked every transcript of S1 just to see if I was crazy or something and I see Rarity only says that word only once per episode (if she even says it at all)...

I still think I'm crazy because this shouldn't bother me so much. >_>

Oh... And was it me or did AJ first said most earth ponies do better than Starswirl in their first try and then she contradicts herself and says nopony can do well with their first plant?

Oh well...

Other than that I don't have a lot to say about this fic right now. >_>

Scootabelle: (One shot)

The comments section depressed me. :l

This is cute, little and inoffensive (maybe too much) story deals with the title pairing... There is not a lot going on, it feels like I've just read the first chapter of something bigger but it ends in a kinda abrupt way (though it was still a nice ending), it also doesn't really digs too deep in the relationship (and maybe it shouldn't since we are talking about fillies here).

Oh, and I lol'd a bit at the implication of heterosexuality being the taboo relationship in Equestria.

There is also some TwiDash... For some reason... I thought it was a reference to a past fic but an author search gave me nothing. *shrug*

*not rated*

And that's it for today folks! Come again next week when we will find about Twilight's guilty little pleasure (I think it's G rated), a CMC fic I've tried to read last week but I couldn't (all I know is that it has a talking frog), Luna writing some fiction and a fic that took so long to update that I can't remember if I was following it or I just made up some memories about me reading it before.

I'll also see if I can stop being lazy and bring something to talk about this ponyless weekend. (most likely not)

Pretty sure the series will go on for at least two more seasons, most western animation shows go on for about 65 episodes, and we're only at 44 so we still got more than enough ponies.

I'm guessing Hasbro will want to try for syndication now, and that requires at least 65 episodes (and the more they make, the more money tha package is worth).

Given how crazy the fanbase tends to be, I can see fans trying to make a massive fundraiser to get Hasbro extend FiM for a few more seasons. Can see it making Tens, perhaps even HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars! ...but I can't see it actually succeeding. :(

I wouldn't want the series to go on longer than what's needed, lest it begins to rot and the writing takes a hit as a result, I mean look at Ben 10, its a shadow of its former self. As sad I would be to see this show end, I would want it to be remembered for its quality and ending on a high note.

While I tend be easily entertained, chances are I'd still watch it if it began to decline... Probably wouldn't enjoy it as much, seeing as how some shows that drag on for too long tend to go over the top with their plots and end up jumping the shark. such examples include Spongebob and the Simpsons.

I'm pesonally not worried, about the show for going on for a few more seasons, but the minute the mane six are involved with a "Fantastic Voyage-esuqe" plot, go to space, or anything that over the top and begin stray away from what makes this show so fun, that's when I would start worrying. I mean, I don't mind seeing it in fan works, but it's not something I could imagine in the actual show.

This fanbase is so dedicated though, I wouldn't be surprised if I learned that some people in the community began animating their own series after the show ended.

Kinda wishful thinking, I admit, but seeing as how this community has done some pretty amazing stuff, it could happen!

Well, we already have fanimations of an interesting quality and I believe there is actually a "big" fanimation project going on right now (can't remember what was about).

Speaking of awesome fan projects, Fighting is magic will have a live stream in around 45 minutes ( 8:00 PM EST ). They are not going to show any new character but hopefully we (and by we I mean you lucky guys who actually have a good internet connection :( ) will be able to see some little changes to the existing characters (last time Rarity and Pinkie were shown they were lacking several animations).

I think 5 seasons with as good as the show iswould be appropriate, but no more than 6. Teen Titans had 5 and it didn't get bad (just had a wtf ending) I think the writers can handle it. I just think that 65 episodes is too soon to end it all, that's only 2.5 seasons (26+26+13=65. should at least be at least 78 to make the last season the full 26 episodes with a proper series finale)

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, bringing up Iron Will now, I wonder what his/her voice is like. If it is a dude with a drill sergeant like persona, I would like it if he was voiced by Patrick Warburton AKA Brock Samson (with Henry Jon Benjamin AKA Archer/Coach McGuirk as a second choice):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfyDLPkCNTc&feature=related

Or if not then maybe someone like this:

Friendship is Magic Murder Bag.

Fighting is Magic livestream is happening now.

Linky.

I'm totally maining Pinkie, she just looks like a lot of fun. "Be right back" "Just kidding". Though if she doesn't beat the opponent over the head with her health bar Deadpool style, I'll be very disappointed.

God tier stuff right there though.

• Thumbs Up 1

AJ looks like fun. Especially with that lasso throw (and the cute expression she makes when it misses).

Edited by Gilda

I'm watching the livestream right now.

Applejack's expression and sheepish chuckle when her rope move misses is so adorable. <3

EDIT: HOLY CRAP, DAT FLUTTERSHY AND HER GODLIKE STARE POWER! She just destroyed the Stream!

(lolincompletecharacterisawesomelol)

• Thumbs Up 1

AJ looks like fun. Especially with that lasso throw (and the cute expression she makes when it misses).

stephen-colbert.jpg

Am I the only one picking up the subtext here?

• Thumbs Up 3

stephen-colbert.jpg

Am I the only one picking up the subtext here?

I have a feeling there is nothing I can say that will dig me out of this hole.