Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

And that's how I spent my morning! :V (Too long; Didn't proof read)

I demand a "It doesn't matter" version with Rainbow Dash.

So why there's such a big stink over this? Basically because it's been happening for as long as political correctness has been a thing. It's basically how

happen, nevermind if it leaves the characters doing the exact opposite of what they normally would be doing... Unless of course that's the extent of Warner's current understanding of these characters.

Dat extended intro!

I came across this brilliant promo from The Hub:

First 4th wall breaking and now crossovers. What will Pinkie Pie do next?

It always bugged me back in the day when Cartoon Network did these reworked animation things. Not quite new, not quite an edit.

Now while we are at songs for Applejack.

Opa by Giorgis Alkaios & Friends

I burnt the past, my previous nights

Shattered memories as well

Sorrows and voices, unfair wishes

And I left all open wounds aside

Dreams and nightmares cast in the fire

Burning tears, lots of lies

All seem like a pony movie I no longer watch

AJ!

I set on fire

Everything that’s old

I will change everything – AJ!

Farm ponies shout it out loud – AJ!

Let bygones be bygones, let’s start all over again – AJ!

And I start from scratch, even if you don’t want it

Burning tears, lots of lies

I paid all my dues

AJ!

I set on fire

Everything that’s old

I will change everything – AJ!

Farm ponies shout it out loud – AJ!

Let bygones be bygones, let’s start all over again – AJ!

Edited by Applejack1973
  • Thumbs Up 1

To veer away from the "Derpy" situation (for now), how about some CMC/Hearts & Hooves Day art that I found on DeviantArt?

what_has_been_seen____by_myminiatureequine-d4q4c30.png
Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Thumbs Up 3

Hey everypony (did i really just write that? lol), i just stumbled upon something kinda interesting on Youtube. You know how nobody would have thought just two years ago that something like My Little Pony would ever gain a huge male fanbase? Well i just found an interview from 2008 with the creator of My Little Pony, Bonnie Zacherle, who says that she originally intended the franchise to be aimed at children of both genders as opposed to only girls, and that she actually "feel bad" that the franchise ended up being aimed only at girls. See, she thought that ponies could be popular with boys too, and the toys were originally supposed to feature more gender neutral colors than the mostly pink and purple that they ended up with. The reason the toys ended up as overtly girly as they did was because of decisions made by higher ups at Hasbro. Here is the interview (the part were she mentions the "was supposed to be for boys too"-stuff comes at about 1: 30).

So in a way, with FiM, the MLP franchise has finally become what it was originally intended to be; something for both females and males to enjoy (but then of course, that meant male and female children. As for the fact that the franchise would eventually become popular with ADULTS, i dont think anybody back in the 80's would have ever dreamed of, lol. biggrin.png)

Edited by batson
  • Thumbs Up 8

FANFICTION TIME! ("Canned heat in my hooves" edition)

Might be a bit short on time right now, thankfully this one is quite short.

Harpflank and Sweets: (Completed but not since 2 or 3 chapters ago)

TBH I'm not sure if this fic is a parody of Saturday morning cartoons or an actually good representation of them...

Enter Myra and Ron-Ron Lyra and Bon-Bon, brave fighters who defend the city of Metropony from the evil Trixie with the latest in weapons and awesome technology.

The stories are... Quite senseless... I guess the author could pull off a more engaging and sane plot (have you ever noticed how I avoid using this word as much as possible?) if he actually wanted to, it's clear that's not his intention since until the movie and the finale all the episodes are out of order... Maybe he wanted to go with a similar scheme FiM does.

The action sequences actually come and go quite fast, like the Megazord battles in Power Rangers (it's been so long since I watched that series that I just don't know if they still roll like that, so sorry for talking out of my ass), and most of the developments are rushed (it doesn't seem like Arcainum wanted to do a long story out of this).

But there's still some charm here, I'm not sure why... Maybe nostalgia googles are in full power here but the not so well thought story and the way some characters behave... I can actually see this as a cartoon from those days...

It's like a weird hybrid of those super hero shorts of Dexter's Lab (can't be bothered to look for the english names), Gurren Lagann, Samurai Pizza Cats and ponies. wacko.png

...They changed Derpy?

Bitch, what the fuck is this shit?

I haven't watched another episode since she appeared and it has been my favorite episode of the series just because of her appearance and they fucking changed her?

Oh...fuck you.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest here I haven't really heard about the whole Derpy fallout as I've just started watching. That and I am not taking any sides since it would just make the situation more unbearable.

To be honest here I haven't really heard about the whole Derpy fallout as I've just started watching. That and I am not taking any sides since it would just make the situation more unbearable.

Stop right there!

To be honest here I haven't really heard about the whole Derpy fallout as I've just started watching.

I've just started watching.

121208%20-%20animated%20applejack%20cider%20fluttershy%20pinkie_pie%20rainbow_dash%20rarity%20twilight_sparkle%20welcome_to_the_herd.gif

(^Best welcome to the herd gif ever.)

Edited by Sweecrue
  • Thumbs Up 6

Harpflank and Sweets: (Completed but not since 2 or 3 chapters ago)

TBH I'm not sure if this fic is a parody of Saturday morning cartoons or an actually good representation of them...

Enter Myra and Ron-Ron Lyra and Bon-Bon, brave fighters who defend the city of Metropony from the evil Trixie with the latest in weapons and awesome technology.

The stories are... Quite senseless... I guess the author could pull off a more engaging and sane plot (have you ever noticed how I avoid using this word as much as possible?) if he actually wanted to, it's clear that's not his intention since until the movie and the finale all the episodes are out of order... Maybe he wanted to go with a similar scheme FiM does.

The action sequences actually come and go quite fast, like the Megazord battles in Power Rangers (it's been so long since I watched that series that I just don't know if they still roll like that, so sorry for talking out of my ass), and most of the developments are rushed (it doesn't seem like Arcainum wanted to do a long story out of this).

But there's still some charm here, I'm not sure why... Maybe nostalgia googles are in full power here but the not so well thought story and the way some characters behave... I can actually see this as a cartoon from those days...

It's like a weird hybrid of those super hero shorts of Dexter's Lab (can't be bothered to look for the english names), Gurren Lagann, Samurai Pizza Cats and ponies. wacko.png

I think what this story is pardoying is Panty and Stocking, an anime made by Gainax, which is itself a parody of saturday morning cartoons, so you're on the right track with the saturday morning style premise. I've been interested in this one, but the fact it's based off of a really crude anime is kinda unsettling to me. Is there anything like Panty and Stocking with its strongly crude and sexual humor? I have my doubts, but I don't wanna ragequit in the middle of the story... I hate doing that.

Anyways, despite me being a coward who pisses himself at even the simpliest of screamers, I have a keen interest in Creepypasta. I tend to read them knowing that I'm gonna loose a night of sleep. So far the Creepypastas for My Little Pony has been... Well pretty lame. Well, what do you expect from lost episode Creepypastas? There's a good one every now and then, but mostly they're all the same.

There's one I read that would make for an interesting episode in the future (Sans the gory part of course) with Pinkie Pie telling everyone how she got her cutie mark, each flashback an artstyle from a different cartoon. The creepypasta part comes in with Pinkie's parents getting slaughtered and Pinkie getting her wings sawed off. (fun fact, Pinkie Pie was originally intended to be a pegasus... The more you know.)

There's another one where a guy supposedly kills himself due to watching a haunted lost Episode. Your basic cliche hyperrealistic/Ben Drowned ripoff crap.

Another one just made me laugh... I felt bad about laughing since the guy who wrote it tried his hardest to make it horrifying, but imagining HYPERREALISTIC ponies taking over the world, killing millions while listening to the theme of Gears of War always makes me chuckle. So cliche.

And... Well, this one made me laugh too... but this is mostly because of how obvious it is that a troll wrote it. I'll just post it here to see if anyone gets a good laugh out of it like I did.

Bronies. They are what you think they are. But here is what they are not. Covered in chocolate, chewy, tasty and nice to other people. Everyone has had a bad experience with someone or something. Wether it's that guy who lives next to you or that statue you have to pass everytime you go to school. Well, bronies are a little different. They don't just stand there, traumatising you.

They are worse then that. The brony community has spread all over the place. No one knows why. Nor does anyone like me wanna know. After what I have experienced I will not even think about it. The horrors, oh, the horrors. But, I have no choice but to get it out of my head before it eats out my inside and traumatises me for the rest of my life.

You're at your school. Thinking about regular things, like, girls, homework, sports. And whatnot. But, then you hear about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Like any normal person, you ignore it. But does that help? Maybe. The bronies are purposely making it harder for you to ignore it, they want you to think different then you do. Don't fall for it, it won't bring you far in life. However, they have given you NO choice.

You sit down and watch it. Here's what can happened. You start to like it. Watches more and more, starts buying My Little Pony toys until your room has nothing but ponies in it. Ponies will be your family, it will relpace whatever you desire. Exept your natural instincts like, eating, use of bathroom and such. But, everything else. Gone. Your family will loose their value, school will no longer be the number requirement for going further in life. That's what you will think. But, the think you're doing is throwing your life away and setting your goals to the unreachable. However, if you do not find interests in the show, you will continue your life like normal.

Until the bronies decide to attack you for not being one of them. As sad as it might seems. It's how it is. It has caused nothing but war and false emotions. And what about that boy I was talking about? Well, he did not find interests in the show. And where is he now? I was going to ask you the same question.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

I think what this story is pardoying is Panty and Stocking, an anime made by Gainax, which is itself a parody of saturday morning cartoons, so you're on the right track with the saturday morning style premise. I've been interested in this one, but the fact it's based off of a really crude anime is kinda unsettling to me. Is there anything like Panty and Stocking with its strongly crude and sexual humor? I have my doubts, but I don't wanna ragequit in the middle of the story... I hate doing that.

I don't think so... The description and name made me think about Panty and Stocking but I didn't mention them in my post for a reason, and it's because Harpflank and Sweets lacks in what makes P&S such a particular anime (and by that I'm talking about that kind of humor).

As I said in spoilers, it's more like mixing Samurai Pizza Cats with Gurren Lagann and those ridiculous super hero shorts Dexter's Lab had (and once again, I can't be bothered to check the English names, I know one is called "Dial M for Monkey" but I'm mostly talking about the other one)

EDIT: Skimmed through your spoiled creepypasta and well... Let's say it made me think I could make a creepypasta out of the whole Derpy fiasco... I wish I had the will to do so.

Edited by gato

Here's another one of these:

Edit:

140360%20-%20applejack%20DVD%20fluttershy%20Friendship_Express_Train%20mature%20pinkie_pie%20rainbow_dash%20rarity%20The_Friendship_Express%20train%20twilight_sparkle%20walmart.png

Looks like they let Tara do the special features...

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 8

I did not know about the plans back in 2008.

I think you mean the plans back in the 80's (the interview is from 2008, but the time they are speaking about is the early 80's when MLP was created).

And yeah, i never knew about those original plans for the franchise either. But knowing now that the franchise was originally supposed to be for both sexes, it makes me feel a bit better about liking MLP so much as a little boy. Hmm... no wait, you know what, it doesn't, because i have never been the least bit ashamed of it in the first place. :P

On another note, this Derpy censoring sadens me. Her original voice was so adorable.

MY FRIENDSHIP IS THE ONE THAT WILL PUNCH A HOLE THROUGH THE SKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cue hot blooded RD epic fanart*

Now that we got that out of our way, remember that we will have a new time slot for the next episode, exactly 3 hours later than the previous one (not saying specific times so you can do the math by yourselves).

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hasbro responds to Derpy being Censored.

http://www.equestria...p-is-magic.html

"The 'My Little Pony Friendship is Magic' series has always been about acceptance and inclusion, and the series strives to convey that through the playful antics of a diverse cast of characters," Hasbro spokeswoman Nicole Angello told us over email. "Some viewers felt that aspects of the episode 'The Last Roundup' did not stay true to the core message of friendship which is the heart and soul of the series. Hasbro Studios decided to make slight audio alterations to this single episode."

I don't see how Derpy isn't in the core message of friendship. I mean, how is taking away someone's differences stick to the core message of acceptance? But, eh, it was still a well worded response which is all i wanted.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 2

These quotes sums up my opinions quite nicely:

Derpy "doesn't fir in with the show's message of friendship and inclusion?" And taking her out because she's different DOES?

>Friendship and inclusion

>Correcting a pony who is implied to be at least somewhat mentally challenged

The fuck is this.

What I will never comprehend is that Derpy's minute of screentime was considered more offensive than the entirety of Snails as a character. Derpy is a clumsy fourth wall-breaker. Snails is blatantly stupid and nothing else.

Also, that post pretty much confirms it wasn't Apple's doing and that it was in fact due to community members that were butthurt (ex: Yamino).

I mad, yeah. Especially considering that we now know that this was all their fault.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 6

Well so much for Apple being the meddlers. Hasbro's feedback team are going to be drowning in hate mail (and of course the occasional coherent argument disagreeing with Hasbro's decision) for the next month then I suppose.

Welp... At least now we know why are we raging...

Nice of Hasbro for actually giving us an answer, As little as I agree with their statements I still think this is better than being left in the dark.

• Thumbs Up 2

Anybody else pick up the DVD? I did and I noticed so far that there are some audio issues on the first episode. It starts right after the second commercial break where the timing of the audio is about a quarter to half a second off. Like a bad Japanese movie dub. Haven't noticed any other issues so far. Just thought I would bring that to your attention.

EDIT: DERPY UNCHANGED CONFIRMED. WOOHOOOOOO!

Edited by Snatcher2047