Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Human-esque Pokemon just weird me the fuck out.

Besides, knowing Japan, it would probably end up as a tokusatsu abomination like Kamen Rider or something. D:

Aw c'mon just imagine a Pokemon design that's inspired by superman. I think that would be cool. Edited by Johnny Boy

I never liked human-esque Pokemon for some reason. =|

And I'm trying to think of animals we haven't used yet...

We haven't had a tiger Pokemon yet, I'd like to see that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Read this on tumbles.

Regarding the announcement of Pokemon X and Y, 「#ルビサファ待機班葬式会場」is trending in Twitter Japan, which literally translates into

#Funeral venue for the Ruby & Sapphire remake waiting team

lol

Technically, they've already had a pokemon based on the Japanese perception of superheroes.

Golurk.

don't forget Bisharp, who's basically a Kamen Rider/Super Sentai hero.

I never liked human-esque Pokemon for some reason. =|

And I'm trying to think of animals we haven't used yet...

We haven't had a tiger Pokemon yet, I'd like to see that.

Raikou says hi. But we do need a cheetah Pokemon.

If we don't get a dolphin or a T-Rex this time I'm gonna be extra pissed.

I also think a sea anemone, a sword fish, and Fighting/Flying Superhero pokemon would be cool as well.

If we don't get an evil Pokémon that's actually evil, not misunderstood... I would be super-mega-hyper-turbo-edition pissed.

Of course, I might've given up on the idea by then (if they can't get a weapon made by Plasma right, the idea has no hope).

If we don't get an evil Pokémon that's actually evil, not misunderstood... I would be super-mega-hyper-turbo-edition pissed.

Of course, I might've given up on the idea by then (if they can't get a weapon made by Plasma right, the idea has no hope).

Well hey, we have a God Pokemon, so I guess we'll get a Satan Pokemon at some point.

Well hey, we have a God Pokemon, so I guess we'll get a Satan Pokemon at some point.

Pretty sure Giratina is as satan as you're gonna get. Lots of "number of the beast" in its design too.

We need a dingo Pokémon. And a spider with 8 legs, spiders do not have 4 or 6 legs GameFreak, god sake.

Growlithe and Arcanine are part-tiger, given their colouration.  And I think Accelgor has a certain amount of Japanese superhero influence as well.

Count me as one of those who would utterly hate it if Pokemon cries were replaced with voice-acted names.  It'd be both totally unnecessary and stupid-sounding.  You can get away with it in the anime as Pokemon would have to be voice-acted anyway and they're far more humanised, but the games have always used a method that makes total sense given that Pokemon are defined as animals - great intelligence and power notwithstanding, as some real animals have those as well - and it's hard to see why they'd throw away a feature they've totally committed to over five generations in favour of one that adds nothing.  It's a moot point, though.  We hear the Y legendary's cry in the trailer.

More stuff I've read; the time the region appears to be based of France;

Junichi_Masuda was just in France, and his Twitter photo is him with the Eiffel Tower
We have what appears to be an Eiffel Tower like structure in the trailer, together with other classical European style architecture
Starters based on things stereotypically associated with France, including Chestnuts, Frogs and Fennec
The Cartesian coordinate system (you know, X & Y) was developed by René Descartes, a French philosopher

Gen VI confirmed for France.

WE GOIN TO EUROPE MOTHEFUCKAS. 

Pokemon managed to suck me back in again. Can't believe it.

Yep, we already hear Y legendary cry in the trailer.

Having Pokemon say their their name all the freaking time will annoy folks more than anything, so I rather they made animal sounds anyway like they do in the Black2/White2 animated trailer.

Speaking of which, I'm hoping they make another animated trailer like they did before, cause that B2/W2 one was freaking beast  (certainly leagues better than what they dish out in the actual anime).

I'm on board for a Dolphin and a Swordfish Pokemon, and for the love of dino lovers Gamefreak, their better be a T-Rex fossil pokemon this time, or even a Velociraptor.

Also more one's based off of mythological creatures like a Cerberus, Chimera, Satyr, and a proper Chinese Dragon.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wasn't the Snivy line also supposed to be French? And Mr. Mime's a mime, and those are kind of associated with France. And, uh... Lucas wears a beret, sorta.

It amuses me to believe that this is the result of someone at Game Freak having a long, obsessive fascination with France that s/he's been pushing for years, and everyone else finally gave up trying to suppress it. Not that I mind.

...also, can this region please be the place Fantina's from?

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 2

I may be a bit late to the party, but I saw the announcement Live from my school.

But yeah, the protagonist design is pretty shitty.

>Pokemon Stadium-like battles

welp, I'm sold.

Don't know if I want X or Y though.

I'm somewhat afraid of that, battles in stadium/stadium 2 are a bit slow.

More stuff I've read; the time the region appears to be based of France;

Croissant. Restores 50HP.

smile.png

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 4

Hey another pokemon........

*sees screenshots and trailer*

tumblr_m6nv1zVKst1r26mpco1_500_zps02b19e

After 15 long years of being with this franchise, I am now a proud member of Team Pokemon. Pokemon X and Y are games I will be buying along with a 3DS. I don't care if it will be the only game on that system I own. It's going to sell like a <insert very crazy reference>. This is just amazing. Aside from the grass starter, (which I haven't been impressed with since gen 3) The starters look pretty cool. Def starting with fire. Because fire is awesome. Duh.

Edited by Eternal Xtreme
  • Thumbs Up 5

tumblr_m6nv1zVKst1r26mpco1_500_zps02b19e

After 15 long years of being with this franchise, I am now a proud member of Team Pokemon. Pokemon X and Y are games I will be buying along with a 3DS. I don't care if it will be the only game on that system I own. It's going to sell like a <insert very crazy reference>. This is just amazing. Aside from the grass starter, (which I haven't been impressed with since gen 3) The starters look pretty cool. Def starting with fire. Because fire is awesome. Duh.

I'm buying a Pikachu 3DS XL with Pokemon Y. I don't even give a F**K, I will make it happen!

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm buying a Pikachu 3DS XL with Pokemon Y. I don't even give a F**K, I will make it happen!

Screw pikachu. Imma find me a Charizard one. Because Charizard is just that badass.

• Thumbs Up 1

Screw pikachu. Imma find me a Charizard one. Because Charizard is just that badass.

I would love to get one as well, but isn't it Japan exclusive?

Edited by KrazyBean

Froakie is a water frog just like Politoed, who get Drizzle.

Fennekin is a fire fox just like Vulpix, who gets Drought.

Dammit, Game Freak planned that, didn't they? Weather-centric metagame round 3 go go go.

it's Japan exclusive and the 3DS is region locked so you'd have to play it in Japanese

It's entirely possible American versions will show up at the Nintendo World Pokemon Center in New York but, that doesn't do much for European fans. Though, I hear importing from North America is cheaper, and of course it's in English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian.

Pros:

Starter designs

Region

3D

Cons:

What is up with these legendaries?

I swear Game Freak are constantly trying to see how ridiculous they can make them look because seriously,

XY_Prerelease_deer.png

What in the name of sanity do you have on your head?!

Reshiram and Zekrom were already pushing it but seriously this is just ri-donk-ulous. I really, REALLY hope these 2 don't reflect the designs of the rest of the new Pokemon, especially with how great and simple the starters look.

Edited by Rusty Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pokemon Company Reveals Why Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Are Coming To Nintendo 3DS, Rather Than Wii U

Game Informer recently got the chance to speak to J.C. Smith, the director of consumer marketing for the Pokémon company international, and ask him a few questions regarding today’s announcement of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. They asked Smith why the game isn’t coming to both the Nintendo 3DS and the Wii U. Smith said that Game Freak has always loved the game to be on a portable device because of the communication, trading, and the experience of taking this adventure with you. Here’s his thoughts.

Pokémon X and Y looks like it could be a good fit for console as well. Why not make a Wii U version?

I can’t speak to the specifics, but traditionally Game Freak has always loved the game to be on a portable device because of the communication, trading, and the experience of taking this adventure with you. That’s why they’ve always prioritized a portable version of the game first. They’ve always liked what you can do in the real world with that.

Why haven’t we seen a console Pokémon?

It comes down to what the creators want to do. Every time I’ve heard them talk about it, it’s been about the portable experience, taking the adventure with you, being able to share it with friends, communicate, trade, battle – really encouraging that interaction

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/01/09/pokemon-company-reveals-why-pokemon-x-and-pokemon-y-are-coming-to-nintendo-3ds-rather-than-wii-u/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Thumbs Up 1