Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

I actually find both of them really cool, its kind of nice to see animal esque Pokemon as legendaries again, that hasnt been a thing since Gen II.

• Thumbs Up 1

Xerneas looks cool and all, but the size of its antlers bothers me.

Looks like Pokemon Y and Fennekin as a starter for me.

Edited by Shen the Kid

I actually find both of them really cool, its kind of nice to see animal esque Pokemon as legendaries again, that hasnt been a thing since Gen II.

I think both are cool as well. They look more like mythical creatures than the previous three generations, unlike some of the more convoluted, almost alien-like legendaries we've seen in recent years.

My initial reaction to the the trailer was to choose the Y version because of the bird, but really it depends on its exclusive Pokemon. It's not like I'm actually going to bother training a Pokemon from such a high level anyway.

Edited by Pawn
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think Yvetal may either be based on a Wyvern(because it's hands appear to be it's wings as seen in the trailer) or a Yatagarusu(Three legged Crow). 

I'm just glad they're not Dragon types...I was so sick of Dragon Legendaries after Gen V.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree, Dragon Legendaries got a little on the stale side.

Also I rather the Psuedo-legendary of the 6 generation isn't a dragon type either.

I'd definitely like to see less new Legies in general but also more focus on old Legies that maybe didn't get much focus before. BW2 did this with Heatran and Cresselia, I liked that since I thought both Legies were very pointless before.

Overrated it may be, I'm still hoping to get more Mewtwo importance. It's not likely but I can dream!

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'll go with whatever version has Xerneas. I can name him Prongs, as he's a stag and is dead" =P

I think the game looks nice. I like how the battles look. I was worried we'd get some huge arena like Stadium for the battles and I didn't want that. I like Fennekin and Froakie, but I'm not a big fan of Chespin. He doesn't look like a starter, he looks a weak Pokemon you can cath early, or maybe this Gen's try at a Pikachu, like Pachirisu was. Yveltal looks like a Spectrobe.

I like the male trainer's design. He reminds me of Black and White's which was my favorite. I wonder if you can customize them? The gameplay starts with him looking in a mirror and you can see him without glasses at one point.

It'd be cool if we could get colored cases and carts for them, even if the names aren't based on colors the logos are two seperate colors. I miss that. NSMB2 got a yellow case. Dunno about the cartridge, though.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'd definitely like to see less new Legies in general but also more focus on old Legies that maybe didn't get much focus before. BW2 did this with Heatran and Cresselia, I liked that since I thought both Legies were very pointless before.

Overrated it may be, I'm still hoping to get more Mewtwo importance. It's not likely but I can dream!

With the DNA business going on in the Japanese logos... maybe they could work Deoxys in somehow?

I always felt like Deoxys was way too interesting a concept to not be involved in the story at any point. I was kind of hoping for a while that it'd get the Shadow Lugia treatment if there was ever a third Colosseum-like game, but showing up here would be nice too.

I'm not really feeling Xerneas or Yveltal yet, at least not as much as Reshiram and Zekrom, but they're not terrible or anything. Better than the Kyurems, Dialga or Palkia, at least.

With the DNA business going on in the Japanese logos... maybe they could work Deoxys in somehow?

I always felt like Deoxys was way too interesting a concept to not be involved in the story at any point. I was kind of hoping for a while that it'd get the Shadow Lugia treatment if there was ever a third Colosseum-like game, but showing up here would be nice too.

I'm not really feeling Xerneas or Yveltal yet, at least not as much as Reshiram and Zekrom, but they're not terrible or anything. Better than the Kyurems, Dialga or Palkia, at least.

Mewtwo might be a possibility too.

^ Agreed, I'm hoping for the same actually as I love both Deoxys and Mewtwo.

It's a huge shame that old fascinating Pokémon are totally dumped in favour of new ones when they could just add new mythos to the old ones and make it all much more interesting.

^ Agreed, I'm hoping for the same actually as I love both Deoxys and Mewtwo.

It's a huge shame that old fascinating Pokémon are totally dumped in favour of new ones when they could just add new mythos to the old ones and make it all much more interesting.

If they ever appear they will be completely optional to catch in some cave or something shitty like that after beating the game.

Edited by Tmsp

The graphics are bad because GameFreak are developing and they don't have any real talent with technology, that's pretty much why.

Heck, every single Pokémon spinoff makes better use of the hardware than GameFreak's games, look at the new Mystery Dungeon. That includes the Stadium/Colosseum/Battle Rev games. You really think GameFreak have the talent to make visuals that good?? Har.

All I'm saying is, unless GameFreak totally merge into Nintendo, don't expect Pokémon games to ever compete with the likes of Nintendo's other franchises, visually.

I somehow doubt it is because Gamefreak doesn't have experience with making graphics. Hell, look at their 3DS exclusive.

large.jpgharmoknight_thumb.jpg

Looks a lot better than Pokemon 3D. Honestly, what the hell is this?

vlcsnap-2013-01-08-11h55m03_24338.nphd.j

The funny part about the art style is that cel-shading should hide the "bad graphics". Wind Waker looks absolutely gorgeous and that was made on the Gamecube.

Edited by Autosaver

They still have 10 months left till release...maybe the graphics will improve somewhat. Plus, screenshots don't do 3DS games justice.

EDIT: IGN has done a Rewind Theater for Pokemon X & Y: 

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 2

Rhythm Hunter is extremely simple, I don't really think it's fair to compare them.

Especially because if you're right, there's literally no reason XY should look as bad as they do, especially the maps.

But yeah it's also possible that visuals will look a lot better when October comes around.

Rhythm Hunter is extremely simple, I don't really think it's fair to compare them.

Eh, I could argue that a square field with some sprites in the background is a lot less complex than a bunch of models, enemies, and details going on. Especially when Harmo Knight has so many moving things in the levels.

Considering the game has Pokemon music, I wonder if we could see a Pokemon X & Y DLC pack or something. Maybe a X & Y based level with music?

Edited by Autosaver

Why does the trainer remind me of the one from B&W and B&W2?

Because both have a red hat, a blue coat and a black/blue shoulder bag.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because both have a red hat, a blue coat and a black/blue shoulder bag.

Too bad neither the BW2 or XY male trainer is anywhere near as cool as the BW1/Pt ones.

Too bad neither the BW2 or XY male trainer is anywhere near as cool as the BW1/Pt ones.

Which will never be as cool as

... (mt silver)

Edited by Autosaver

For me, Red and Hilbert are still the best protagonists that Pokémon ever had.

Mh02W.pngyUqnk.png

• Thumbs Up 3