Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

I guess I just find it annoying if the talking consists of name speak and nothing more. :|b I mean, I get that Pokémon speaking the human language would go against everything in the series so far (with a few exceptions), but the reason I can tolerate, say, Culumon from Japanese Digimon Tamers is because he doesn't merely shout Culumon or culu all the time. Aside from his speech, he also makes other little sounds.

That, and I think Pokémon are distinct enough without the name speak, which isn't exclusive to Pokémon in the first place. IIRC, other monster anime have done it, like the Japanese version of Flint the Time Detective.

I think a mix of saying their name with animal noises (not at the same time) would be a happy compromise.

Also, I thought about it. The thing I want the most is live recorded music, not just the ol MIDIs.

Reshiram and Zekrom were already pushing it but seriously this is just ri-donk-ulous. I really, REALLY hope these 2 don't reflect the designs of the rest of the new Pokemon, especially with how great and simple the starters look.

Zekrom and Reshiram were pushing it? As far as I can tell they were the pretty normal looking and something I would expect in any generation of Pokemon, I was personally was fine with it. As for any other monster though, I'm pretty sure we'll be fine. We have awesome and ridiculous designs in EVERY generation.

I think a mix of saying their name with animal noises (not at the same time) would be a happy compromise.

Also, I thought about it. The thing I want the most is live recorded music, not just the ol MIDIs.

Hey now, some of the "

" don't even sound like midis. Though with this a wonderful amount of variety for music is open....to an extent.

Hey now, some of the "
" don't even sound like midis. Though with this a wonderful amount of variety for music is open....to an extent.

Well, maybe that's not quite what they're called...was just trying to squeeze in some thoughts before leaving work. :P That track in particular sounds great though because it's very heavy on the synth/techno/whatchamacallit side. I was meaning more in regards to the "Orchestral" tracks. They're still great (B/W has one of my favorite soundtracks in the series, mind), but after hearing how the anime handles the game music, I've just been yearning for that quality ever since. 

• Thumbs Up 1

WAIT A MINUTE. New details

- In addition to existing Pokemon, there will be a large number of completely new Pokemon. - The additions will bring the total number of Pokemon in the franchise from the current 649 to over 700.
- People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience “Real Play.”
- The game will utilize the 3DS to its maximum abilities to leverage its overwhelmingly beautiful presentation
- game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world
- bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure
- Everyone will enjoy the game’s scenario and music.

Why only "over 700"? Will there be a lack of Pokemon this gen?

Also, Real play? Are we going to be finally see other people while playing?

3DS Maximum abilities? The graphics suck. If it runs at 60FPS with AA then I'll let it pass.

Edit: Added in "over" before 700 for the post to make more sense. Without it, it seems like I'm saying there's only 700 pokemon, when I mean that "over 700" seems like it won't be as big of a jump.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 3

Almost forgot, we will finally have our 666th Pokemon. Wonder what it'll be.

- People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience “Real Play.”
- game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world

Battles with real trainers in the overworld? Yes please!

Edited by Rusty Spy
  • Thumbs Up 5

Over 700 can mean anywhere from 701 to 799.

I'm guessing it'll be around 740.

Gen. 2 only had 99 new Pokemon. It may have seemed like a tiny amount at the time but this is pretty fast turnover from Gen. 5. The Unova Pokedex has actually had the most additions of any Generation, even the first. They probably just don't want to reveal just how many new Pokemon will be available at this point. 

I don't mind not having too many new pokemon. It's already a pain in the ass choosing a party of 6 with all the existing ones.

• Thumbs Up 6

Basically this. They won't want to spoil the exact number of new 'mons, but '700' is the next milestone. I doubt it'll be as big as Gen 5, which introduce 156, but between 100 and 140 sounds likely.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wasn't saying that it will only be 700. I was saying that saying "Over 700 now!" sounds like it won't have as many new Pokemon. If it was over 750 Pokemon, they would probably try to brag about it with "Over 750!". It's just a number, so I don't see why they would play it so safe.

I agree that it will probably end up at around 740.

Edit: To people defending the graphics saying they have to model so many Pokemon so it can look meh.. um, I don't see the logic in that statement? The environments themselves have no Pokemon so I can't see why they don't look 3DS quality. Also, why aren't the Pokemon battle environments good looking? Even the Gamecube arenas looked great.

...Speaking of the Gamecube models, the 3D models may have looked better. Same with Pokemon Revolution. Maybe they had less models, but Revolution had all up to Gen 4.

Now I want a Wii U Pokemon game.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I didn't overhype myself for the game. I knew the direction the game was going to take wasn't going to be impressive. Maybe a jump for Pokemon handheld games? I just don't get why so many people are jumping on people saying it doesn't look good or excuses to cover it.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

The graphics are bad because GameFreak are developing and they don't have any real talent with technology, that's pretty much why.

I mean, every other Nintendo franchise makes nice use of the available hardware since forever, Pokémon is the only exception because it seems like GameFreak likes to keep to themselves.

Heck, every single Pokémon spinoff makes better use of the hardware than GameFreak's games, look at the new Mystery Dungeon. That includes the Stadium/Colosseum/Battle Rev games. You really think GameFreak have the talent to make visuals that good?? Har.

All I'm saying is, unless GameFreak totally merge into Nintendo, don't expect Pokémon games to ever compete with the likes of Nintendo's other franchises, visually.

That and, the battle visuals for XY do actually look really nice, I love the cel-shaded style and the Pokémon have a lot more character than the emotionless husks standing as tiny dots on a football field you see in Stadium/Colosseum.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 3

Bulbapedia already has entries for the 3 starter pokemon, and they say their abillities are unknown.

Seriously? We all know they're going to be Overgrow, Blaze, and Torrent. They always are.

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Girl
  • Thumbs Up 8

that part when it mentions "better bonds with pokemon and trainers"

...what?

no seriously I cannot actually fathom what they could have done for this?

But I am curious..

Maybe theres better purpose to getting your pokemon to like you, than just for the move 'return'.? it would actually be pretty cool if they got stronger once their happiness reached top, just a little,

so that it pays to keep them with you longer? and try to avoid fainting more?

Personally, I loved what they did with yellow, you could actually talk to Pikachu to see how he was feeling, now if you could go in your party and do that with each pokemon that would be awesome in my opinion.

Edited by Naysu

It does sound pretty Norse huh. A Norse Horse /shot (it's a deer I know)

I do not know how to pronounce Yvetal. :(

It just reminds me of Yvon of the Yukon.

At least that's linked to the French theme of the region. :/

• Thumbs Up 2

Yveltal, eh? Pretty nifty, certainly a very mythological-sounding name. I approve.

Pokemon Y and Yveltal it is for me, then! Huzzah!

I do not know how to pronounce Yvetal. sad.png

The name Yvette is pronounced Ee-veh-tte, so I expect it's either Ee-vehl-tul or Ee-vehl-tal.

I do not know how to pronounce Yvetal. sad.png

ee-vel-tul probably. 

Yveltal, eh? Pretty nifty, certainly a very mythological-sounding name. I approve.

Pokemon Y and Yveltal it is for me, then! Huzzah!

Pokémon X and Xerneas for me. We can be trading buddies :D