Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Just hit me that even if I get both versions, I'm back where I was with Diamond and Pearl with the whole "need a friend that has these games to trade, wait, have no friends that have these games" thing. I know only a handful of people with a 3DS!

Good thing I was going to get the XL someday anyways...

Why are there ideas about the third game being made when that trend was broken just one game pair ago?I would imagine GF not wanting to try that again when it has other avenues of fleshing out the generation to exploit, as BW2 demonstrated.
Yeah, I would rather have a sequel than a third, updated version of the games. Also, it's very odd not having 'Version' in the titles.

Huh okay. I wasn't expecting a new generation to be announced so soon, especially after BW2's release. I don't like how it has 3D graphics but still is locked to 4-directional movement though; having free-roaming movement was a big reason why I've been wanting a fully 3D game. Regardless, new Pokemon is always pretty interesting so I'll keep an eye on how this develops, as always.

• Thumbs Up 1

*sigh*

The games are visually awesome, the starters look great (especially Froakie) and the worldwide October release is absolutely brilliant. But the gameplay looks no different. We're still going to be locked in four-directions, in a grid-based world. It's been a long time stale. I'm excited yet utterly disappointed. 

(Also why does the male trailer look terrible yet again?)

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know what would be cool?

If they finally have that Velociraptor pokemon that evolves into a Tyrannosaurs.

That and a Fire/Poison pokemon with either Limber or Insomnia for abilities.

MAKE IT HAPPEN GAMEFREAK WHILE YOU HAVE DEVELOPMENT TIME! ;w;

(Also why does the male trailer look terrible yet again?)

Really? I think he looks pretty cool. Especially with his (probably designer) sunglasses.

I think he looks boring because the trainers are customisable, you can probably change accessories (the glasses aren't in some of the footage) and maybe even change your outfits for the season or something.

But yeah, the sunglasses are accessories and I'm sure it's just one example.

• Thumbs Up 2

The boy's haircut reminds me of James.

And the girl reminds me of the female Riders in Colosseum and XD.

They're not too bad, but I'm going to be reminded of them every step of the way.

Really? I think he looks pretty cool. Especially with his (probably designer) sunglasses.

I think he looks worse than bloody palmtree-head from BW2, but then again I also didn't like HGSS's Lucas while I loved Hilbert and Lucas. So I tend to side with the unpopular it seems.

It's going to be tough following these games. I always want to avoid Pokémon news, since every Pokémon you witness first hand in the game before seeing them in screenshots and trailers is a lovely surprise. But I also want to know as much as possible about these after 2012 saw two big dissapointments for me in the way of AC3, and more to the point, BW2.

Nice to see the starters reveal so soon though. They're pretty cool. Water is, for the fifth time running, the undoubted winner. Not too keen on Chespin though. 

You know what I'm hoping for?

When the game comes out, people who take analogue control in 3D games for granted are going to be very shocked when they find this game is grid-based again, especially with people who wanted to avoid Pokémon until it went 3D.

I wonder if the outcry will persuade GameFreak to finally do away with grid-based play for Gen7, or maybe even latter parts of Gen6.

EDIT: I'll be avoiding further info too, for the sake of seeing many surprises ingame.

Edited by SuperLink

I knew it was gonna happen, we all knew. Pokemon finally ran out of colors to use for their games and are now using letters!

Not that it matters. This game looks incredible! I'm really digging the fire starter, Foxes are always cool especially when they have fire powers. I've really gotta get off of my butt and buy myself a 3DS sometime.

I think he looks worse than bloody palmtree-head from BW2, but then again I also didn't like HGSS's Lucas while I loved Hilbert and Lucas.

Wait, what?

• Thumbs Up 4

Just hit me that even if I get both versions, I'm back where I was with Diamond and Pearl with the whole "need a friend that has these games to trade, wait, have no friends that have these games" thing. I know only a handful of people with a 3DS!

Good thing I was going to get the XL someday anyways...

Now that it'll be on the 3DS, I think the whole Pal Pad thing will be aborted, seeing that 3DS games go by the Friend List stored on the console already.

I'll be honest... it really feels like Game Freak's running out of ideas by this point. I mean, LETTERS? You're naming them after friggin letters now? And the apparant mascot legendaries... a flying Y? A deer who looks nothing like an X? Who knows, maybe these two and a swimming Z or something would be a trio, and Mewtwo or Deoxys would pull a Ganon and be the trio master.

Other than that, love the fire starter. Looks friggin' cute. Froakie's kinda meh, and Chespin isn't going to be on my 10 favorite starters.

I knew it was gonna happen, we all knew. Pokemon finally ran out of colors to use for their games and are now using letters!

We still don't have an orange, purple, brown, or grey. Let's not even start on the innumerable amounts of tints and shades too. Pink and Turquoise, the cuter versions of Red and Blue. :D

I don't think there's a big problem with using letters instead of colours, especially if they're cleverly used (i.e. DNA, x-axis and y-axis for 3D, etc)

It'll certainly be interesting to see what future games in the series are named though.. will it go back to colours, or will it go in a totally different direction? We just don't know. We will even know what birds are before then.

The Z-axis is the one that allows for 3D, while 2D only involves an X and Y axis. I guess that's fitting; still no eight-directional movement.

• Thumbs Up 2

Pokémon Communism and Capitalism

Pokémon Fiction and Non-Fiction

Pokémon Bear and Shark

I'm out.

Also gotta wonder if the names are to do with axis', that Pokémon Z is implicit right from the get-go.

I'm just waiting for them to name their games after fruit.

Pokemon Apple and Banana

And the third game will be called: Pokemon Fruit Salad.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm just waiting for them to name their games after fruit.

Pokemon Apple and Banana

And the third game will be called: Pokemon Fruit Salad.

They'd get sued for calling it Pokémon Apple.

It would also be the most popular game ever made without even trying so it goes both ways.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope they don't go overboard in the new Pokedex with legendaries yet again. It's been getting worse every generation since Gold/Silver, with Black/White having three trios of them. ._. I'd rather less OP 'Mons take that space.

Edited by Pawn
  • Thumbs Up 6

Also gotta wonder if the names are to do with axis', that Pokémon Z is implicit right from the get-go.

If the DNA strands in the logo indicate anything, it represents the X and Y chromosomes. 

In that case, a third game could be Z (as someone else said earlier, egg and sperm get together to form a zygote), but it could also be something like Pokemon O (in chromosomal genetics, O indicates a lack of chromosome, because people can be born XO)

Or if there were sequels to both again, it could be both Z and W. 

• Thumbs Up 1