Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

And what the hell is a Pumbloom?

EDIT: Ninjask'd

Edited by SweeCrue
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ahh, the time has come for the 3DS and the next generation! Intriguing. I am not really jumping for joy at the moment as I am still not finished with White 2, but it is always fun to hear about new features and so. What makes this especially fun is the fact that it is going to be on the Nintendo 3DS, a much more powerful gaming system. I always found Pokemon games to be visually beautiful, and I cannot imagine what they will manage to push into this next title.

Among the starters I will either choose the Fire type or the Grass type. It depends how all their evolutions look like, I tend going for looks. Oh, that made me sound so much like a shallow jerk! But you know, going with the feeling and all. It shall be destiny.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd laugh so hard if it was another Fire/Fighting type.

If they are going to make fourth Fire/Fighting starter then I will rage so hard.

• Thumbs Up 2

While I don't think it is, I've been dreading the possibility if it suddenly went Fire/Dark. There's so many fire/dark, fire, or just dark canid like types of Pokemon that's not even funny:

Vulpix/Ninetails

Growlithe/Arcanine

(arguably)Flareon and Umbreon

Houndour/Houndoom
Poochyena/Mightena

Zorua/Zoroark
Fennekin/rest of the evolution line I'm guessing

Keep in mind that only leaves the rest of the Eevee gang (arguably), Snubull/Granbull (ew ew ew), Electrike/Manectric, Smeargle, Wynaut, and Riolu/Lucario, which most of those aren't even usable, >:U /rant

I do hope Fennekin gets a second typing for the third evolution, but at least something interesting like psychic like I heard someone suggest once.

You forgot about the Lillipup line there as far as canines go, but it's not surprising since they're such a bit of a wasted opportunity. If you weren't going to design them as little more than real terriers, why not at the very least give them a Ground typing considering terriers are notorious diggers? 

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope it's just plain fire. I like have fighting type as a secondary, but after the main game if I want a Fire/Fighting type, I'll stick to Infernape.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would be fine if they made another goddamn Fire Fighting as long as the other 2 starter Pokemon get secondary types. It was so lame that they didn't do that in BW after having done it in DP.

Ken Sugomori art in the latest Coro Coro:

corocoro1132.jpgcorocoro113.jpg

Xernams looks even stupider now.

Edited by Khezu
  • Thumbs Up 1

*Xerneas

I think he still looks good, though I want to know their types already. Yveltal is probably another Dragon, don't know about Xerneas.

I'm also laughing at the Bulbapedia entries.

"Name origin: Yveltal comes from the letter Y"

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Girl

Chespin = Grass/Dark, Fennekin = Fire/Psychic, Froakie = Water/Fighting

I'm crossing my fingers that these will be the types for their final or second forms.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 3

Xerneas looks...much more bonier in that CoroCoro scan than he appeared in the trailer. Put some meat on those bones!

In contrast, Yveltal looks a lot less flimsy than in the trailer.

And while it was to be expected, that scan confirms the day and night cycle returning. Now to see if the seasonal cycle follows suit.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think they could get rid of either. Some pokemon evolve at night, and Sawsbuck (if it's in X and Y) changes form with the seasons. They can't really get rid of it.

Game Freak has removed elements like that before. You can't evolve an Eevee into Umbreon or Espeon in XD without an item, and you can't evolve it into either of those in FRLG at all.

And Feebas's evolution process was edited with the Beauty mechanic going away in BW.

It's unlikely the seasons will go away in XY, but if it is, this wouldn't be the first time Game Freak trekked this territory.

Edited by Obnoxious Celtic Guardian

FR and LG were remakes of gen 1 which didn't have the day and night system. Gen 2 had the day and night system because it originally had day and night.

Feebas evolution mechanic was changed? Aww.