Awoo.

Most powerful Sonic character?

JBrewer

Do you really expect Sonic or anyone else besides Shadow to use the Chaos Spear, Chaos Blast, etc. at some point? I don't. 

That's a big maybe.

For what it's worth, Sonic's version of the Chaos Spear would be his Sonic Wind in SA2. So that point has already been crossed. It's a matter of whether they'll allow him to use it again. But if there's one thing that's true, it's that this stuff doesn't stay the same for long if the examples of what Sonic has already gone through are anything to tell.

Also worth noting, Black Doom seems to have even greater mastery over Chaos Powers than Shadow, and he's the one who's blood Shadow was created from. So yeah, that's 2 people.

And let's not forget characters like Metal Sonic who can copy those powers of his after copying Shadow's (and other character's) data, showing that he didn't even need an emerald in Heroes to use Chaos Control on Team Super Sonic. So that's 3 people.

And if I include Emerl, who could also copy his powers in Battle, that stretches the list to 4 people.

And this is before I start using one of the Sonic Wiki's out there that has a whole list of Chaos Powers and the character's capable of using them. I'm sure you don't want me to go down that path considering it's a wiki.

There has never been a universal explanation for why only Shadow has used these powers (it has something to do with the Chaos Emeralds), but no one else has ever used them. I think it will stay that way.

A "Universal Explaination"? How about the fact that Shadow has a greater mastery over Chaos Control and being able to shape it into those other moves? How hard is it to accept that detail?

And here's what frustrates me here: if it has something to do with the Chaos Emeralds DID IT NOT OCCUR TO YOU THAT SONIC IS ALSO CAPABLE OF USING THE DAMN THINGS TOO? I mean really, dude. Listen to what your saying: if it has something to do with the Chaos Emeralds, it doesn't take a scientist to realize that there are other characters like Sonic and Silver who can use them and if the writers so choose to do so they could allow them to develop Chaos Powers beyond Chaos Control. Sonic was shown to be capable of using a fake Chaos Emerald to achieve the same effect as actual Chaos Control, who's to say he couldn't go further? Shadow was the first to use Chaos Control, but he was never the only character who could use it now was he? So what makes you think that it isn't possible for any other character capable of using Chaos Control to go beyond that? We've seen Eggman use Chaos Energy to shatter the world after sapping it from Super Sonic. 

We've seen the Chaos Emeralds become connected and used in so many ways down to giving characters super forms to sealing demons to resurrecting people from the dead and many other things that even Shadow isn't currently capable of doing either on his own or at all, so what prevents Chaos Powers from being used by more than one person?

Really, there's bias, and then there's just being unreasonable.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 3

Ya know what else was out of place? Someone being as fast as Sonic, but surprise, surprise Shadow is....sooooo..

If I might add, Shadow is also just as fast as Sonic due to his rocket skates, Sonic X aside.

In fact because of Chaos Control it made Shadow seem even faster than Sonic and thus a stronger character than our heroic blue hedgehog thus giving us a feel that the antagonists aren't fooling around.

That's a big maybe.

For what it's worth, Sonic's version of the Chaos Spear would be his Sonic Wind in SA2. So that point has already been crossed. It's a matter of whether they'll allow him to use it again. But if there's one thing that's true, it's that this stuff doesn't stay the same for long if the examples of what Sonic has already gone through are anything to tell.

Also worth noting, Black Doom seems to have even greater mastery over Chaos Powers than Shadow, and he's the one who's blood Shadow was created from. So yeah, that's 2 people.

And let's not forget characters like Metal Sonic who can copy those powers of his after copying Shadow's (and other character's) data, showing that he didn't even need an emerald in Heroes to use Chaos Control on Team Super Sonic. So that's 3 people.

And if I include Emerl, who could also copy his powers in Battle, that stretches the list to 4 people.

And this is before I start using one of the Sonic Wiki's out there that has a whole list of Chaos Powers and the character's capable of using them. I'm sure you don't want me to go down that path considering it's a wiki.

A "Universal Explaination"? How about the fact that Shadow has a greater mastery over Chaos Control and being able to shape it into those other moves? How hard is it to accept that detail?

And here's what frustrates me here: if it has something to do with the Chaos Emeralds DID IT NOT OCCUR TO YOU THAT SONIC IS ALSO CAPABLE OF USING THE DAMN THINGS TOO? I mean really, dude. Listen to what your saying: if it has something to do with the Chaos Emeralds, it doesn't take a scientist to realize that there are other characters like Sonic and Silver who can use them and if the writers so choose to do so they could allow them to develop Chaos Powers beyond Chaos Control. Sonic was shown to be capable of using a fake Chaos Emerald to achieve the same effect as actual Chaos Control, who's to say he couldn't go further? Shadow was the first to use Chaos Control, but he was never the only character who could use it now was he? So what makes you think that it isn't possible for any other character capable of using Chaos Control to go beyond that? We've seen Eggman use Chaos Energy to shatter the world after sapping it from Super Sonic. 

We've seen the Chaos Emeralds become connected and used in so many ways down to giving characters super forms to sealing demons to resurrecting people from the dead and many other things that even Shadow isn't currently capable of doing either on his own or at all, so what prevents Chaos Powers from being used by more than one person?

Really, there's bias, and then there's just being unreasonable.

No need to be touchy. All I'm saying is that I don't expect Sonic to use any other chaos powers besides Chaos Control. I could be proven wrong in the future, but that's what I think.

I didn't include anyone else in my post. I am well aware of the many uses of Chaos Control and other chaos powers. Talking about all of the different chaos powers in Sonic's world when all I was talking about was Sonic makes no sense.

Did you even read all of what I wrote?

Just as Chaos Spear, Chaos Blast and all that shit was pulled out of Sonic Teams ass when they made ShTH, its entirely possible for Sonic to develop his own similarly powerful moveset based on Chaos Energy (Or whatever it is).

No need to be touchy. All I'm saying is that I don't expect Sonic to use any other chaos powers besides Chaos Control. I could be proven wrong in the future, but that's what I think.

I didn't include anyone else in my post. I am well aware of the many uses of Chaos Control and other chaos powers. Talking about all of the different chaos powers in Sonic's world when all I was talking about was Sonic makes no sense.

Dude, no you didn't. You said in your own words, and I quote "" Meaning that you were including just about anyone.

The other problem here is that while you don't think Sonic would every have other Chaos Powers, you mentioned those powers have something to do with the Chaos Emeralds, completely forgetting the fact that Sonic has been capable of using them. Combine that with the many uses of the Chaos Emeralds used by other characters, and it becomes rather ridiculous to believe that Sonic or anyone else wouldn't be capable of using other Chaos Abilities.

Explain to me how a character who is capable of using the Chaos Emeralds would be incapable of using other Chaos Powers when said powers have something to do with those Emeralds? Because that's what really makes no sense.

Did you even read all of what I wrote?

Not trying to be an ass, but considering that I quoted what you wrote, what do you think?

I'm more curious if you kept up with what you wrote yourself since you claimed you were only talking about one character, yet you also said "anyone else" in your previous post.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Dude, no you didn't. You said in your own words, and I quote "" Meaning that you were including just about anyone.

The other problem here is that while you don't think Sonic would every have other Chaos Powers, you mentioned those powers have something to do with the Chaos Emeralds, completely forgetting the fact that Sonic has been capable of using them. Combine that with the many uses of the Chaos Emeralds used by other characters, and it becomes rather ridiculous to believe that Sonic or anyone else wouldn't be capable of using other Chaos Abilities.

Explain to me how a character who is capable of using the Chaos Emeralds would be incapable of using other Chaos Powers when said powers have something to do with those Emeralds? Because that's what really makes no sense.

Not trying to be an ass, but considering that I quoted what you wrote, what do you think?

I'm more curious if you kept up with what you wrote yourself since you claimed you were only talking about one character, yet you also said "anyone else" in your previous post.

I've never read posts from a more hard-boiled Sonic fan in my life. Is this really that important to you? Relax, and don't take things this seriously.

Even if Sonic can theoretically use other chaos powers, I really, really hope he doesn't. Super Sonic is enough DBZ for me; I don't want to see him teleporting and shooting lasers. He's a dude that runs fast and spins like a buzzsaw, and that's what they should focus on.

You know UDD, it's not very wise to call your opponent as being over-sensitive when you both have been having a decent debate. That and CSS loves having debates now and then.

Also, this is a dicussion board. Havig debates about our favorite characters is not some big taboo. So far I've seen nothing that warrants such a douchey post such as the one you just made regarding CSS.

Edited by DarkLightDragon
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tails doll.

Just kidding. I find it surprising that no one has mentioned Mephiles yet. Not only is he based off of Shadow, but he is the only person to date that has succeeded in killing Sonic. And he was practically invincible, the only way for him to completely be defeated was not to kill him, but to erase his existence from the time/space continuum (I think that's what happened, anyways. 06' was hard enough to understand without all the time paradoxes).

I've never read posts from a more hard-boiled Sonic fan in my life. Is this really that important to you? Relax, and don't take things this seriously.

Seriously dude? Why are you even on a discussion board if you don't want to have a discussion about this? That's what this place is for.

Tails doll.

Just kidding. I find it surprising that no one has mentioned Mephiles yet. Not only is he based off of Shadow, but he is the only person to date that has succeeded in killing Sonic. And he was practically invincible, the only way for him to completely be defeated was not to kill him, but to erase his existence from the time/space continuum (I think that's what happened, anyways. 06' was hard enough to understand without all the time paradoxes).

I agree with ultim8life4rm, Mephiles is probs the strongest character as he's the only character whose successfully killed Sonic in one blast. Shadow would probably come a close second, I've always found he's more powerful than Sonic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Mephiles is probs the strongest character as he's the only character whose successfully killed Sonic in one blast.

Only due to him being a dirty coward and spiking Sonic while he was looking brainlessly at the purdy Chaos Emerald.

I agree with ultim8life4rm, Mephiles is probs the strongest character as he's the only character whose successfully killed Sonic in one blast. Shadow would probably come a close second, I've always found he's more powerful than Sonic. 

Anyone with a gun could kill Sonic if they came up while he was sleeping. Blinding someone, then shooting them in the back, does not make you powerful, it makes you a coward.

• Thumbs Up 4

Or a combat pragmatist...

But Mephilies isn't the least bit pragmatic, so...

Anyone with a gun could kill Sonic if they came up while he was sleeping. Blinding someone, then shooting them in the back, does not make you powerful, it makes you a coward.

Ironically enough, it was probably his smartest move in the entire game. 

No reason to throw Mephiles out there when you can choose Solaris instead.

Besides, if I'm not mistaken, Mephi is the manifestation of Solaris' will, while Iblis is the collection of its raw power. Mephi isn't even the half that we should be talking about.

• 2 weeks later...

Shadow most definately, he's probably the only character to power scale on the level of a super form without his inhibitors.

The most powerful Sonic character? Crushers. Insta-kill.

But seriously, the most powerful Sonic character I think is probably Sonic. His plot armor is huge. But without the plot armor, I would think Shadow.

Hmm seeing as Solaris is out due to time erase/paradox thing I'd have to go with Light and Dark Gaia. After all Super Sonic really never killed Dark Gaia, just weakened it and he did so with the aid of Light Gaia. In fact, if it weren't for Light Gaia, he would have died. Also, if you recall, both Light and Dark Gaia were woken before their time and weren't at full power. So it can therefore be assumed that if either were at full power then they'd kick some serious butt. 

Other power beings would likely be Final Hazzard, Egg Salamander, Egg Wizard, and Metal Madness/Overlord. I say this because of the fact that it took multiple Super characters to take them down Time Eater is hard to say. It can't be all powerful, after all both Eggmans were able to turn it into a sort of machine. Still it did take two Super Sonic's to stop it in the end so... I guess it can be argued as powerful.

Surely the most powerful character is...Sonic?

You know, the one who always beats everyone. Especially nowadays when Sonic Team are persistently trying to force just how 'badass' Sonic is. Like the way he mocks Robotnik in Colours and Generations, and how he overpowers and humiliates Metal Sonic, Shadow and Silver in their Rival boss fights in Generations. 

This is, undoubtedly, thanks to the critics who hate Sonic's friends and want Sonic to have all the limelight. 

Edited by Sunset

• 1 month later...

I would say Solaris, but he doesn't exist. So, I guess Dark Gaia who, by my calculations, is slightly stronger than Hyper Sonic when he fights Sonic and Chip not at full power. So yeah, Dark Gaia.

The original Enerjak. (Before Dimitri - back in Aurora's time)

Apparently, he was so much of a tank that he couldn't be destroyed. He "merged" with the Chaos Force and now every time some poor Echidna taps into its power a bit too much they essentially turn into him a little bit.

Outside of that, you could make argument for Chaos Knuckles, and that stunt Super Sonic pulled at the end of the Genesis arc is mighty impressive as well. Mogul and Tails could sneak into the conversation in a certain light.

Then you have Chaos Knuckles taking on the mantle of Enerjak in the Dark Mobius timeline. While Ian Flynn was arguing on his forum that had Knuckles stayed in his Enerjak form (from the Enerjak Reborn arc) for long he would have gone down the road of Dark Enerjak, I'm not buying it; based on his backstory, it sounds like Dark Enerjak was just Knuckles maddened with power, not possessed by some entity. Which makes him better than the other Enerjaks, I think.

Ahem, nerding out aside. Back to the topic!

Assuming we're talking those epic boss level characters, Solaris, who was powerful enough to end time itself. Pretty much every other godlike being we see is more terrestrial (the two Gaias, Chaos, etc.), whereas Solaris was universal.

With Solaris' removal from existence, I'm going to assume Dark Gaia, since he's a force of nature itself. Light Gaia could not defeat him alone, which leads me to think he is the most powerful villain who hasn't been kapowed.

In the main cast, it's easily Shadow. He can likely rival Knuckles in strength (based on flipping buses and such), he can match Sonic's speed, he's fairly intelligent and quickly picks up skills like Tails, and he can tap into chaos energy without outside assistance. He's also ageless, immune to all disease, and likely very durable against injury as well.

An argument could be made for Sonic himself, since the plot demands he always win in the end. From a character perspective, he could be the incarnate of chaos, a sharp contrast to Shadow and Eggman's alignment with order. Since chaos inevitably destroys order, he poetically will come out ahead of both of them despite temporary setbacks.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice