Awoo.

Most powerful Sonic character?

JBrewer

I'm not really sure why people discredit "plot armor" so much. Yeah, Sonic's gonna win since he's the protagonist and whatnot, but the point is that he does win. The fact that the plot dictates his victory doesn't make it mean any less. We don't say Metal Sonic's the strongest "with the power of plot armor" just because the plot for Sonic Heroes needed him to become super strong and gain all these copying powers.

The reason why is because Sonic wouldn't be so powerful without it and thanks to predictability we know beforehand from beginning to end that he's gonna win and how he'll win. That's not saying he couldn't win in a fight against other characters, but Plot Armor tends to make it easier than necessary for us to believe he'd win a fight against them. Also not helping is that Sonic hardly seems to struggle in a fight against any other character.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

The reason why is because Sonic wouldn't be so powerful without it and thanks to predictability we know beforehand from beginning to end that he's gonna win and how he'll win. That's not saying he couldn't win in a fight against other characters, but Plot Armor tends to make it easier than necessary for us to believe he'd win a fight against them. Also not helping is that Sonic hardly seems to struggle in a fight against any other character.

I get what you're saying, but my point is that the so-called "plot armor" is part of the character. It's not a tangible thing that can be severed from the character, which is how some people here are making it sound when they throw around completely pointless hypothetical scenarios of how strong he'd be without it.

Most powerful Sonic character? This thing. This thing right here. This badass enemy which nobody can beat. If there was a boss version of it, then instant game over. Feast your eyes!

Sonicspikes.png

Now, if only it could actually move ...

Haha, naw. Anyway, I am not so familiar with the modern cast of Sonic characters. If I am allowed to limit the situation to the Sonic 3 & Knuckles game, I would probably say Metal Sonic. I do not find it an easy choice, as everyone have their special traits. Sonic has the speed and agility, Tails has high technical skills, Knuckles has huge amounts of raw power and Robotnik/Eggman has evil desires combined with his high technical expertise.

I think my choice fell on Metal Sonic partially due to his appearance late in the game, and he just had this overall powerful atmosphere. Also, since he is not a living being (from what I would assume anyway), he might not get exhausted from a battle the same way, unless severely hurt. But eh, that's just my silly way of thinking.

There is also this Robotnik clone when playing as Knuckles in that game which appears more powerful than Robotnik himself, but that might not count. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Probably one of the many fan recolors that's stronger than Hyper shadic in his normal form and can turn into ultima jesus form without chaos emeralds and destroys the universe by sneezing.

Oh wait canon? Solaris, the being of omniexistence that eats dimensions for lunch. I doubt Chaos, Dark Gaia, Erazor, etc. could stand up to him. Maybe Time Eater if he's lucky...

• Thumbs Up 1

I think people are forgetting that the first time we defeated Metal Sonic was because...he smashed his face into a wall.

SUPER POWERFUL RIGHT THERE YEAH.

But I'm going to go with Eggman. He's managed to survive thousands of explosions that would had killed any other human, not to mention he's been battered around by a plot armour whore for his entire existence. They could had killed off Eggman years ago if they wanted to or made him the hero they were going to do, either way he's incredibly powerful with that IQ of his, he's even respectable towards the ladies while Sonic runs away from them all the time.

I also forgot to mention something: he must have a hell of a lot of influence and power if he can afford to construct entire armadas and space colonies. I think people are forgetting 'power' can also come under political or influential power.

Edited by Mogtaki

The most powerful can be interpreted in many ways. The easy answer is Shadow and Sonic. They can use their speed to defeat robots and destroy Eggmans machines.

However, I would interpret the most powerful, as in a character who can really influence others through the power of speech and the impression they leave. Amy Rose and Tails are therefore the most powerful.

Right from the get go, Tails has had tremendous influence over Sonic. He has saved Sonic's life quite a few times, and is usually his back up or fighting the good fight along side him. You often here words of wisdom from Tails that influences Sonic's decisions and actions. Whilst being able to fly, swim (and throw dummy rings tongue.png) might not make Tails that much of a threat physically, I think his personality is far more powerful. He has the respect of all the other characters. I even think Eggman holds a lot of respect for Tails as he has faced him in quite a few dramatic solo battles (SA1 & SA2).

Amy may drive Sonic mad, but her (sometimes baffiling) appearances in game plots (SA1, SA2 & Sonic 06) certainly have had an effect on some of the major characters. What about her effect on Silver in 06 and Shadow in SA2 (their first respective games) just by talking to them?

The power of speech. Interesting....

Edited by Silent Nightwing
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Solaris. So powerful he could only be defeated by a time paradox.

Broadly speaking, I don't know which character is the most powerful. By feat alone it should be Shadow, because of his own game where he was arbitrarily given a massive power boost. Silver was also pretty powerful with no restrictions to his abilities (though there should be). But his naivity kind of mitigates this.

Its hard to rate power in any case, there isn't any real benchmark and power fluctuates between moments of good writing and moments of shitty writing. I personally feel there is no "most powerful", its probably more akin to most versatile

Doctor Eggman without a doubt. Take a look at all the facts:

- He is the sole owner of a massive conglomerate. Dozens of companies, an army of robotic soldiers, multiple air fleets, a whole collection of bases, and an incredible manufacturing power. Who else in the world holds such influence and raw strength? Robotnik has show that he can confront enemies like GUN or the Black Arms without suffering large losses, and if it wasn't for a pesky hedgehog disrupting key points of his plan, he might as well have taken over the world already.

- He has all the attributes to make full use of that power. First of all, Eggman sure is brave. He often goes alone to confront his nemesis with a miriad of machines; while the typical supervillain would stand back and let his minions do the job, the doc doesn't fear leading the fight himself. And more, he is incredibly intelligent, certainly the greatest genius in the planet; he build his technological empire alone and it thrived. Which brings us to see his determination - there is no stopping him, and even after countless defeats, he continues coming up with increasingly dangerous plans.

- He needs no supernatural powers to be great. Enerjak, Solaris, Chaos... all of these share a trait in that their power comes from their natural superpowers. But Eggman is just a normal guy. He is a common human being who built all his power with sheer work and dedication. Yet, he often manages to cause more trouble than those entities.

- He can never be defeated. Again with Solaris and co., they are all neutralized within their game or segment, right? Not Eggman. He knows no bounds. You can destroy his factories, his airships and his battalions... but he'll just build it all again, without taking a single hit in morale. And if he is outmatched, he will find a way around it, by continually creative and brilliant ways like hiring detectives or pretending to take the hero's side.

- Finally, he is extremely charismatic. There's no question about how evil Dr. Eggman is - yet we all find him affable and friendly. Not to mention being goofy and likeable has certainly saved his life in situations where complete monsters would usually be left to die. Even more, he's proven to know his moral - if the world faces destruction or a larger evil appears he will not think twice in joining Sonic to save it... for the moment.

Ivo's only downfall is that his insanity and his genius aren't mutually exclusive; else, he would have been king of the world long ago. But then, it wouldn't be the Robotnik we know and love.

• Thumbs Up 3

It honestly depends truthfully, are we talking raw power, who has the most resourcefulness?

Hard to beat Tails in that category. Give him enough time and the kid can reverse engineer a chaos emerald. I imagine that if you give him the time to plan ahead, he could probably scheme up a gizmo that could effortlessly shut down any character.

That's the thing tho, another character such as Sonic, Knuckles, or Shadow could easily overpower him if they got the chance.

That's the thing tho, another character such as Sonic, Knuckles, or Shadow could easily overpower him if they got the chance.

In a heads-up brawl, then yeah, those guys would rip him to pieces.

But if you send Tails into a fight prepared, then I have to think he can upset anyone. He's kind of like Eggman, with the physical skills tacked on top of all that intelligence.

I'd like to keep things even, so either Tails has enough prep time and planning to outsmart his opponents or the opposition gets to the point and tears him to shreds.

Basically, it's either Weak, but Skilled or Unskilled, but Strong.

I've being wondering but can't Sonic use all chaos powers like Shadow do, If he can use the chaos emeralds to transform or preform chaos control (chaos spear and others in Sonic X if want to count that) why wouldn't he be able to preform all the other chaos powers, same goes to Silver.

Well for one, Sonic prefers his natural speed as opposed to chaos powers. As for the if can use them or not, probably but since he doesn't excel in it as well as Shadow does, I'm pretty sure he'd rather just use what he knows.

I've never seen Sonic use any other chaos powers beyond Chaos Control, and I doubt I ever will. I think that Sonic just can't use them.

It's hard to say who the strongest character is without being bias, seeing that everybody has a favorite who they like to root for. I think I posted my vote earlier. Shadow is powerful, but I admit there is a certain level of bias in my vote no matter how strong he is.

Edited by UltDevilDoom

I've never seen Sonic use any other chaos powers beyond Chaos Control, and I doubt I ever will. I think that Sonic just can't use them.

It's hard to say who the strongest character is without being bias, seeing that everybody has a favorite who they like to root for. I think I posted my vote earlier. Shadow is powerful, but I admit there is a certain level of bias in my vote no matter how strong he is.

You know what else we've never seen Sonic do?

We've never seen Sonic use other speed abilities like the spin-dash or even have a superform until Sonic 2. We've never seen Sonic use a shield offensively until Sonic 3 & K. We've never even seen him use Chaos Control until he used it in SA2. We never seen any character use Chaos Control to time travel until Sonic 06. We've never seen Sonic become a werehog until Sonic Unleashed.

I mean really, do you want me to go through a whole laundry list of what we've never seen done until X game showed it happen? The logic of him not being able to use it because he can't shouldn't be summed up because you've never seen him do it. If Sonic was capable of using Chaos Control, who's to say that he couldn't use his own variation of Chaos abilities if they chose him to do so?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

As I said at the beginning of the thread I did say Sonic is the strongest since he's the main character and Sonic isn't my favorite character in the series. So there isn't always a bias at times.

You know what else we've never seen Sonic do?

We've never seen Sonic use other speed abilities like the spin-dash or even have a superform until Sonic 2. We've never seen Sonic use a shield offensively until Sonic 3 & K. We've never even seen him use Chaos Control until he used it in SA2. We never seen any character use Chaos Control to time travel until Sonic 06. We've never seen Sonic become a werehog until Sonic Unleashed.

I mean really, do you want me to go through a whole laundry list of what we've never seen done until X game showed it happen? The logic of him not being able to use it because he can't shouldn't be summed up because you've never seen him do it. If Sonic was capable of using Chaos Control, who's to say that he couldn't use his own variation of Chaos abilities if they chose him to do so?

Do you really expect Sonic or anyone else besides Shadow to use the Chaos Spear, Chaos Blast, etc. at some point? I don't. There has never been a universal explanation for why only Shadow has used these powers (it has something to do with the Chaos Emeralds), but no one else has ever used them. I think it will stay that way.

Imagine Sonic shouting "Chaos..Blast!" Somewhat out of place, right?

Do you really expect Sonic or anyone else besides Shadow to use the Chaos Spear, Chaos Blast, etc. at some point? I don't. There has never been a universal explanation for why only Shadow has used these powers (it has something to do with the Chaos Emeralds), but no one else has ever used them. I think it will stay that way.

Imagine Sonic shouting "Chaos..Blast!" Somewhat out of place, right?

Ya know what else was out of place? Someone being as fast as Sonic, but surprise, surprise Shadow is....sooooo..

• Thumbs Up 1