Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

The battle themes in P3 have tons of melody.

I can't show you any examples without spoiling, so you'll find out.

Right now I'm tearing through Mega Man X... I'm enjoying it, but I have to say that it's my least favourite of the robot-related Mega Man subseries. The setting's interesting, but X just doesn't appeal to me as much as the more cheerful classic Mega Man or Volnutt. Still, it's colourful and it has a great soundtrack, and the animal-based Mavericks are a nice change of pace.

Add Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time too. I got Insomniac Games' February Newsletter and found out that there's an absolutely amazing new skin to unlock. I have it now that I've typed in the code and I love it so much. It's a silly reason to pick up the game again, but I honestly don't mind.

I haven't leveled up all the weapons to VX yet anyway.

hey just don't have much tune or melody compared to the P4 ones, if you know what I mean ._.
can you not use the words tune and melody when talking about music, it irks me to say songs lack tune: all songs have a tune, all songs have a melody. some of them are better then others.

P3 music > P4's IMO. more funky although i was almost sick of the Tartarus theme by the end

I was getting sick of it too, until I found a really sweet Tartarus fan mix that splices all of the versions together. I've been hooked since.

Still playing the Wario Land games. I'm close to calling it my second favorite platformer series, right after Kirby of course, which lofts upon its throne safely.

Mega Man 1 (NES)

Sonic Megamix (Sega CD/Hack)

Pokemon Pearl (DS) <----- Soon to be replaced by Pokemon HeartGold

Sonic Battle (GBA)

Sonic Advance 2 (GBA)

Megaman Network Transmission.

Remember how in Megaman 2, Quickman's stage had those lasers that were really insane and you had to get through it with trial and error? Quickman EXE has a stage just like it, but there are some key differences.

-In Mega Man 2, you could stop time with FlashMan's Time Stopper to make this much easier. In this game, you can't.

-In Mega Man 2, you fell faster to get through the lasers more easily. In this game, you fall slower.

-In Mega Man 2, the camera was zoomed out and showed everything that it needed to. In this game, it follows Megaman and will not even GLIMPSE at anything else, and that includes one-hit kill environment hazards.

-In Mega Man 2 you were a small target. In this, you're of normal proportions, which is nice, but it makes dodging certain things impossible.

-In Mega Man 2, there was a check point half way through the level. In this game, there's a checkpoint roughly ONE FOURTH through the level.

It made me tear every hair from my beautiful head. The bosses are insane- before I got to Quick Man I had to farm the chips I wanted off of a reappearing enemy(as with all goddamn bosses) so that I could use a Program Advance from the start. And I still only barely lived.

Now to be honest, the game does have a deal of charm to it, but there are things that just blow my mind. That, and it comes across as lazy- they didn't even bother to add English-speaking actors, which looking at the dubbed show is probably a good thing, but it's weird going to see someone the text calls "Higsby" when the voice overs clearly call him "Higure"

It's somehow fun enough to keep me playing it though.

The battle themes in P3 have tons of melody.

I can't show you any examples without spoiling, so you'll find out.

I've heard one of the final boss themes sometime ago (I prefer The Almighty anyway), but that was incredibly awesome. When I say one of, it means I know it was from near the end, but if P4 is anything to go by P3 has like

5 final bosses.

However I mean the regular battle/boss music.

Like imo this > this.

Anyway, I just got to the top of Tartarus' first block last night. Haven't had much trouble so far but I've needed to try some bosses a few times.

Damn, it's been a while since I last checked out this thread. Anyways, here's my list:

-Dead Head Fred

-COD: Reflex (Finally 1st prestige, now level 20 I think)

-Sonic 1

-Sonic 3/Knuckles

Also having problems with Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus. Anyone else not able to connect online?

b-b-b-b-but

Yeah it's definitely grown on me since I started playing, but I still prefer this ^^; Not by much tho.

G-god damn it remz!! You almost forgot Unavoidable Battle but I got you covered bro.

I haven't heard that one yet, but I'll admit it's pretty awesome.

Anyway I'm currently working my way up the second block of Tartarus, and the enemies are getting more annoying, and the teleports are getting more spread out.. ._.

Edited by SuperLink

I started playing Super Metroid.

I went in expecting so much more than I should have as everyone is like SUPER FUCKING METROID BEST GAME EVER.

Thus far, I'm not that impressed. That and it's hard to get a good configuration for the controls on emu (yeah I had no SNES as a child, only a Mega Drive).

EDIT: Suddenly, it got better!

Edited by Semi-colon e

I started playing Super Metroid.

I went in expecting so much more than I should have as everyone is like SUPER FUCKING METROID BEST GAME EVER.

I was expecting it to be better too, but I did love it. I just prefer Fusion. By a loooooooooooong way.

So my brother shoved me off P3, so now I'm continuing to play Final Fantasy VIII. Just beat a boss with Quistis at 50HP! (She was at 6HP by the end)

Waiting for my DS copy of Phoenix Wright to arrive (like hell am I waiting until May for Rise from the Ashes WiiWare DLC), playing a copy of DragonBall Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 I picked up cheap off Amazon. It's actually pretty damn dun and captures the spirit of the series really well.

...that is, the actual fighting, not the standing around screaming and bragging bullshit about power levels for hours. >.>

I got Resident Evil 4 for the Wii, after mastering the GCN version (seriously, the game is 100% complete), and the motion controls and extra content have totally reignited my love for the game. It's pretty much the best Resident Evil game I've ever played, and I literally have grown up with the series, considering when I was 5, I got a PS1, and the first games I got with it were Croc 2 and Resident Evil :P

I'm also replaying Kingdom Hearts 2, and the variety in the game is blowing me away all over again. It's kinda a sad attempt to tide myself over until Birth By Sleep hits the states XD

I'm finished with Mega Man X, which naturally means I'm moving on to... uh, Mega Man 6? Apparently.

I'm actually really loving MM6. There's just something totally endearing about the Punch-Out!-like blatant national stereotyping, Dr. Wily's hilariously obvious Mr. X disguise and the questionable Robot Master themes (Centaur Man?). The whole thing's just cheesy and fun, which is a relief after the deadpan Mega Man X, and the graphics are pretty impressive for the NES. It's probably not the best of the classic Mega Man games, but it's becoming one of my favourites.

Really liking Super Metroid, aside from my occasional stupidity and slightly awkward grapple beam controls.

Just got the Gravity Suit though. I love how each Metroid game has a fair few of it's items and weapons in different orders, like in Fusion the Ice Beam is right at the end for story reasons, the grapple beam in prime is well late, and yet in super it's relatively early, and the wave beam is later in super as well.

Been power-leveling at DBZ: Buu's Fury. I attained a perfect save in the prequel, Legacy of Goku II, so I'm seeing if I can do the same with this game.

Edited by Tornado

I been playing Pokemon Platinum, Fire Red, and Emerald to get ready for Heart Gold. I also been playing the Pokemon Trading Card Game with some friends again.