Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

What point of time did Classic Sonic appear in Generations? Some like to say after Sonic 1, as he starts in Green Hill, but that's a not a very good answer. Sonic can still travel back to places he's been before, and this is no exception. I would go with Classic Sonic's appearance being after Sonic 3 & K, as he learns the homing attack from Modern Sonic, which is used in the next mainstream title, Sonic Adventure.

Another Generations question: Can we just assume Classic Sonic and Eggman somehow forgot the events of that game? Both of them encountering locations they've never been too before, and interacting with their modern selves doesn't jibe well with me. Maybe they immediately lost their recollection of the events when returning to their proper timestream? I know I'm contradicting myself, saying Classic Sonic got the homing attack from his future self, but maybe you could just say it lingered in his subconsciousness, and it was just a feeling he got.

Oh, and please don't give me the "Generations isn't canon" answer. It's a main series, recent Sonic game that was looked upon positively, so I doubt Sonic Team would ignore it. I know it does screw with canon a hell of a lot, but I'm sure Sonic Team will address some points, like Modern Eggman getting out of white space.

Edited by Chaos Incarnate
  • Thumbs Up 1

What point of time did Classic Sonic appear in Generations? Some like to say after Sonic 1, as he starts in Green Hill, but that's a not a very good answer. Sonic can still travel back to places he's been before, and this is no exception. I would go with Classic Sonic's appearance being after Sonic 3 & K, as he learns the homing attack from Modern Sonic, which is used in the next mainstream title, Sonic Adventure.

Another Generations question: Can we just assume Classic Sonic and Eggman somehow forgot the events of that game? Both of them encountering locations they've never been too before, and interacting with their modern selves doesn't jibe well with me. Maybe they immediately lost their recollection of the events when returning to their proper timestream? I know I'm contradicting myself, saying Classic Sonic got the homing attack from his future self, but maybe you could just say it lingered in his subconsciousness, and it was just a feeling he got.

Oh, and please don't give me the "Generations isn't canon" answer. It's a main stream, recent Sonic game that was looked upon positively, so I doubt Sonic Team would ignore it. I know it does screw with canon a hell of a lot, but I'm sure Sonic Team will address some points, like Modern Eggman getting out of white space.

Who knows, maybe it is after sonic 3, because Sonic 4 does use the homing attack and he turns into modern sonic then. Sonic 4 is supposed to be right after Sonic 3, so it could be, but who knows. At the same time, the homing attack may have been learned in the game, but maybe Sonic didn't master it for awhile, so using it wasn't worth it if it would screw him up instead of helping him out when he was young. I've also heard of real life people having their eye colors change over time from when they are young and when they grow up, so that could be used to explain the eye color changes as well.

As for classic sonic and Tails forgetting the events? Yeah, unless he just got so busy that he never thinks of it, or they suffered some kind of head trauma in one of Eggman's traps at some point in the future, Classics should have some knowledge still of the future. Yet at the same time, having knowledge of the future can end up changing the future. This could mean that classic version now is going down a slightly different path from the normal sonic. Sonic is based around different dimensions and realities after all at times.

Everything is still hypothetical of course, unless they tell us one way or another.

As for classic sonic and Tails forgetting the events? Yeah, unless he just got so busy that he never thinks of it, or they suffered some kind of head trauma in one of Eggman's traps at some point in the future, Classics should have some knowledge still of the future. Yet at the same time, having knowledge of the future can end up changing the future. This could mean that classic version now is going down a slightly different path from the normal sonic. Sonic is based around different dimensions and realities after all at times.

Everything is still hypothetical of course, unless they tell us one way or another.

So do you think perhaps there's now a split timeline?

So do you think perhaps there's now a split timeline?

Who knows, there could be. I know it doesn't pertain to this, but after reading the archie comics for awhile, they had shown that the main sonic universe in the comics runs along side many different alternate time paths and universes, where if different things happened, then this would be what the modern world or future would look like.

This same concept could always be applied to the games. That these games while all connected in some way, who knows, some of them may all be following different timelines that may or may not be connected. Some of them are obviously connected, but some of the games that don't seem to fit too well in the timelines, could easily be explained with this explination. Of course, this is just a theory and not set in stone.

The way I see it, when Classic Sonic went through the portal/rift thing, time was rewinded to the moment he was abducted so therefore his memories would have disappeared (as it was undone in the rewind). I don't think that there could be an alternate timeline as generations is now a time loop, Classic Sonic will grow up into Modern and meet Classic, who will then grow up into Modern and meet Classic ect.

• Thumbs Up 2

The way I see it, when Classic Sonic went through the portal/rift thing, time was rewinded to the moment he was abducted so therefore his memories would have disappeared (as it was undone in the rewind). I don't think that there could be an alternate timeline as generations is now a time loop, Classic Sonic will grow up into Modern and meet Classic, who will then grow up into Modern and meet Classic ect.

If there really was a rewind then this theory does fit perfectly. The thing though is did a rewind happen or not. I couldn't tell myself, but you never know.

That's the way I've always looked at it. Generations involved time being broken up by the Time Eater, and at the end of the game when the Time Eater was defeated everything was returned to the present day. Classic Sonic and Tails going through the portal was part of the time being fixed, so nobody from the past will have any idea of the events transpiring. The Modern bunch however will have experienced everything, so they'll be perfectly savvy of it.

Oh, and please don't give me the "Generations isn't canon" answer. It's a main series, recent Sonic game that was looked upon positively, so I doubt Sonic Team would ignore it. I know it does screw with canon a hell of a lot, but I'm sure Sonic Team will address some points, like Modern Eggman getting out of white space.

Honestly, I don't think Generation was Canon. But I've always wondered the same thing, considering the weirdness of how Classic Sonic is in that game. He's in Green Hill, but can go Super Sonic and use the Spin Dash....I'd guess after Sonic 2 and before 3, like Sonic went back to revisit Green Hill...make sense?

Edited by ThunderCracker

Honestly, I don't think Generation was Canon. But I've always wondered the same thing, considering the weirdness of how Classic Sonic is in that game. He's in Green Hill, but can go Super Sonic and use the Spin Dash....I'd guess after Sonic 2 and before 3, like Sonic went back to revisit Green Hill...make sense?

Thinking about it now, it would make sense if the game took place between 2 and 3, since sonic is with Tails at the moment but not Knuckles. Amy doesn't count since Amy didn't always hang out around him, but the same could be said for Knuckles as well. Unless they tell us where it specifically fits, we can only use out theories to try and place it anywhere in the timeline.

Every single 'proper' re-release of Sonic 1 (Sonic Jam, Sonic Genesis and Team StealthTax's iOS Sonic 1) has had the Spin Dash added in, so I'm pretty sure we're just meant to assume it's part of Sonic's default and iconic moveset at this point. There's also the fact that Classic is pretty bewildered when he's transforming into Super Sonic and just seems to follow Modern's lead, pushing that it's his first time experiencing it. The only real problem with the idea that this is happening at the start of Sonic 1 is in Tails' stance in the canon appearences; a literal translation of the Japanese manual story dictates that Sonic only meets Tails shortly after landing on Westside Island, just prior to Sonic 2 starting...

It wouldn't be too hard to imagine that in the 'new' Classic timeline that's been created in alongside making it the younger years of the series, Sonic and Tails would have known each other since before Sonic 1. It's no longer just Sonic and Eggman anymore, and Sonic 1's Japanese manual story outright stated that Sonic's been on adventures before and butted heads with Eggman prior to the first game (SEGASonic Arcade/adventuring with Mighty and Ray, for instance?), so there's a lot of room to work with.

... missed that part of the Sonic 1 manual where Eggman starts coughing after laughing! Oh, that's going to be irony for Classic Eggman at it's finest when he ends up escaping White Space... 'ya know, if he actually was from Sonic 1. But he's from Sonic 2's Death Egg Robot in Sonic 3's Sky Sanctuary, apparently? D:

Edited by t0ms0nic

Is there a sonic timeline anywhere? Or any fan made idea of the sonic universe? I am just curious to see how the Archie world and the video games cross over, along with if a separate timeline exists.

Is there a sonic timeline anywhere? Or any fan made idea of the sonic universe? I am just curious to see how the Archie world and the video games cross over, along with if a separate timeline exists.

I don't think there is an official timeline out there, but as someone that has read most of the archie series and played the games, there are definate cross over points between the two. Elements from the games are in the comics and they do crossovers with the games from time to time. Other than the original sonic adventure arc of course, the only things you get now in the archie comics are like an opener that adds a bit more story to the beginning of the game and then they say if you want to see more, go play the video game. These often have very little to do with the main story, but at times they do acknowledge that some of the video game events did happen in the archiverse that happened in the video game universe, even if you never saw them. They never showed much of Sonic Adventure 2 in the comic, but they did still acknowledge that it still happened.

I would check out this article on Sonic News Network, if you want to see a good timeline. Skip down to the chronology section.

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_series

It obviously isn't official, but it does make a lot of sense. It works best for me.

Edited by Chaos Incarnate

Why does Amy have the power to summon giant hammers out of thin air? 

Yep, the all mighty Piko Piko Hammer.

Ummmm, because she can reach into the space of infinite storage and pull it out to have something unique for her to do? ^^;

I'm not sure if this has ever been explained as to why she can do this, but its still an interesting feature. Being able to reach into a space of infinite storage and summon it out has always been neat. Sure, I've seen some that show with it just appearing in her hand, and others have her reach behind her and pull it out, almost as if it was stored in her backside. The second option more fits the description of space of infinate storage though. Unless they tell us for sure, these are honestly all I've got.

I'm guessing it's somehow tied to her Tarot Cards and Dowsing stuff. 

Here's one to play with your noggin, at the end of Sonic Adventure 2, whenever Shadow "dies" by "burning in the atmosphere", remember that? Okay, hold onto that thought for a minute. Now think back to the first episode of Season 3 of Sonic X, it opens with Super Sonic fighting Dark Oak, where he demands that Sonic gives him the Chaos Emeralds, yata yata yata. At the end of that scene, after Sonic uses Chaos Control to send the Chaos Emeralds across the galaxy, he then falls to the planet below from exhaustion (I guess from being Super Sonic for so long), while he's still in his Super Form, he eventually transforms back into regular Sonic (while falling), and eventually crashes into the ground. Now, if you put 2 and 2 together, how could Shadow be in the same situation as Sonic (both falling to a planet from exhaustion in their Super Forms) and die from that, whenever Sonic survives? Hmm. Makes you think, don't it?

Here's one to play with your noggin, at the end of Sonic Adventure 2, whenever Shadow "dies" by "burning in the atmosphere", remember that? Okay, hold onto that thought for a minute. Now think back to the first episode of Season 3 of Sonic X, it opens with Super Sonic fighting Dark Oak, where he demands that Sonic gives him the Chaos Emeralds, yata yata yata. At the end of that scene, after Sonic uses Chaos Control to send the Chaos Emeralds across the galaxy, he then falls to the planet below from exhaustion (I guess from being Super Sonic for so long), while he's still in his Super Form, he eventually transforms back into regular Sonic (while falling), and eventually crashes into the ground. Now, if you put 2 and 2 together, how could Shadow be in the same situation as Sonic (both falling to a planet from exhaustion in their Super Forms) and die from that, whenever Sonic survives? Hmm. Makes you think, don't it?

Actually, I think Sonic lands in the sea in episode 53 of Sonic X after the first fight with Dark Oak. How else would he have obviously washed-up on the beach?

2rf3ggx.png

Though this just brings-up another question - How did Sonic manage to survive in the sea whilst badly injured and unable to swim in order to be washed ashore?

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, I think Sonic lands in the sea in episode 53 of Sonic X after the first fight with Dark Oak.

THIS.

This is why I try not to rely on my own memory for some things, my apologies.

Though this just brings-up another question - How did Sonic manage to survive in the sea whilst badly injured and unable to swim in order to be washed ashore?

That reminds me, can Sonic really not swim? Or is he just afraid of getting wet? I seem to remember somewhere hearing that it wasn't that he couldn't swim, he just didn't like getting wet...But then I remember hearing that Sonic really can't swim. -_-

Edited by ThunderCracker

THIS.

This is why I try not to rely on my own memory for some things, my apologies.

That reminds me, can Sonic really not swim? Or is he just afraid of getting wet? I seem to remember somewhere hearing that it wasn't that he couldn't swim, he just didn't like getting wet...But then I remember hearing that Sonic really can't swim. sleep.png

If it helps he can swim in Brawl and Sonic Free Riders. He can also swim in the M&S games with the assistance of a life vest.

Another thing...this whole Knuckles punching the Super Form out of Sonic in Sonic 3...I just don't get it, what the hell is all this? Makes no sense. >.< Even if he was able, he's not recognized as being that strong. Just doesn't add up.

Why Tails is still 8? In the Sonic heroes manual, it said that he is 8... so is he still 8 or...

In my mind, he's around 10 years old now. I don't care what Sonic Channel says, Sonic had a birthday, so other characters have to age too. I consider Sonic still 15 and Tails 8 outdated now.