Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

Another question I had, following the previous one about the S Ranks.

Why is it that when Sonic loses his gloves while transforming to Darkspine Sonic, does he not have fingernails/claws?

When he turned into a Werehog he had Claws, actually the Claws had grown from the tips of his fingers, so they had to start from somewhere?

Sonic lacks fingernails for the same reason everyone in The Simpsons does.

And sufficient Dark Gaia pieces inside you probably cause some degree of body horror.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I don't see how Sonic the Fighters could be considered Canon. It didn't even have a story. 

Robotnic builds a new death egg, Tails builds a rocket so someone can go up an fuck it up. The rocket is powered by chaos emeralds and only fits one passenger so the heroes have a contest to see who gets the job of going up into space.

How is that not a story?

• Thumbs Up 1

Robotnic builds a new death egg, Tails builds a rocket so someone can go up an fuck it up. The rocket is powered by chaos emeralds and only fits one passenger so the heroes have a contest to see who gets the job of going up into space.

How is that not a story?

I think that Sonic the Fighters plot takes place right after Episode 2's plot.(Sonic or Half-Life, your choice)

Robotnic builds Death Egg 2. Sonic And Tails fail at destroying it in Episode 2.

Tails builds a new rocket with one seat. Old rocket is fucked up.(Lets say that tails forgot the landing gear)

Because Ep 2 takes place after CD, Triple Trouble, and presumably Chaotix(what I think) Amy, Fang, and Espio can appear.

Whoever wins destroys the Death Egg 2, fucks up Eggman and Metal Sonic, and saves little planet.

I think that Sonic the Fighters plot takes place right after Episode 2's plot.(Sonic or Half-Life, your choice)

Robotnic builds Death Egg 2. Sonic And Tails fail at destroying it in Episode 2.

Tails builds a new rocket with one seat. Old rocket is fucked up.(Lets say that tails forgot the landing gear)

Because Ep 2 takes place after CD, Triple Trouble, and presumably Chaotix(what I think) Amy, Fang, and Espio can appear.

Whoever wins destroys the Death Egg 2, fucks up Eggman and Metal Sonic, and saves little planet.

Episode 2 takes place BEFORE Triple Trouble and Chaotix because Metal Sonic was on Little Planet after being beaten by Sonic and stayed there until Eggman revives him in Episode Metal, which happens right before Episode 2.

Episode 2 takes place BEFORE Triple Trouble and Chaotix because Metal Sonic was on Little Planet after being beaten by Sonic and stayed there until Eggman revives him in Episode Metal, which happens right before Episode 2.

Darn it, forgot about that and the fact that metal was even in Triple Trouble.

Though why can't Eggman build new models of Metal Sonic?

Let's say that each of his new models keep getting blown up and destroyed and he doesn't want to keep building ones that eventually get destroyed and when Little Planet comes back to Little Lake(or near enough to Earth) Eggman notices that Metal Sonic is still there(by whatever, lets say tracking device left in Metal Sonic to monitor his actions during CD). He goes "Fuck this shit, I ain't buildin' one more Metal Sonic. Lemme find this model that still works and repair it."

Darn it, forgot about that and the fact that metal was even in Triple Trouble.

Though why can't Eggman build new models of Metal Sonic?

Let's say that each of his new models keep getting blown up and destroyed and he doesn't want to keep building ones that eventually get destroyed and when Little Planet comes back to Little Lake(or near enough to Earth) Eggman notices that Metal Sonic is still there(by whatever, lets say tracking device left in Metal Sonic to monitor his actions during CD). He goes "Fuck this shit, I ain't buildin' one more Metal Sonic. Lemme find this model that still works and repair it."

It's called "Never Lake". 

I just had a question pop into my head. Cream has a mum right, Vanilla. Makes you assume the characters have families. So where are everyone else's parents? Are Sonic's parents on South Island? Did Eggman get them like in the Archie and SatAM stories?

Seems odd we got an origin story for Shadow a reasonably new at that point character. And yet most of our main heroes pasts are quite cloudy. We know Sonics fight with Eggman started with him capturing animals on South Island. Tails was presumably alone and had been taken in by Sonic as his "brother" type deal. Knuckles was/is a guardian presumably from a lost tribe.

That's pretty much it isn't it? An origin story or game would probably turn out horrible. But it is amazing how little has been told about the main characters pasts really.

I just had a question pop into my head. Cream has a mum right, Vanilla. Makes you assume the characters have families. So where are everyone else's parents? Are Sonic's parents on South Island? Did Eggman get them like in the Archie and SatAM stories?

This, and the previous discussion about Knuckles got me thinking. In all fairness we 'know' that Knuckles is the last of his kind because we're told so, and it's 'evidenced' by the fact that he's the only one we see, right? But how many Foxes do we see? Or Hedgehogs? 4? Does Shadow even count toward that total? It's not like there are bustling cities full of the little anthro's walking around and doing their thing that we've seen or know about (Unleashed would have been a great opportunity to show this sort of thing). Aside from the fact that we're told Knuckles is the last, there's really no reason to assume it on face value.

As for questions, first I'll touch on that 'Does Shadow count?' thing I mentioned. Is he a real Hedgehog or something cooked up in a lab? Like, was he made from scratch or was old Gerald just experimenting on small animals until he found something suitable (presumably his second try, after lizard)?

And my next one is about the Echidna. They're always depicted as this ancient race or tribe, with their Mayan style temples and carvings and such, but surely they could have only 'died out' a maximum of 16 years ago? Probably closer to 10, assuming that Knuckles was raised by Echidna and told that he has to protect the Master Emerald and Angel Island.

Although the more I type, the more I think I'm answering my own questions haha.

Maybe, since Echidnas lay Eggs, Knuckles egg was left on Angel Island for years and was kept safe by the Master Emerald, or frozen in Ice Cap,  or both, and didn't hatch till 16+ years ago (Sonic's world time). 

And his parents left a message on the Master Emerald that played after he hatched and saw the M.E. 

Edited by tsz11
  • Thumbs Up 1

You can imagine him hatching and seeing the Master Emerald, only to go "mamma!" and immediately feel the need to remain close to it and protect it with his massive mutated hand spikes.

Maybe, since Echidnas lay Eggs, Knuckles egg was left on Angel Island for years and was kept safe by the Master Emerald, or frozen in Ice Cap,  or both, and didn't hatch till 16+ years ago (Sonic's world time). 

And his parents left a message on the Master Emerald that played after he hatched and saw the M.E. 

That sounds rather contrived, if you ask me.

Maybe his parents died after laying the egg and after he hatched the M.E. being such a powerful object kinda compulsed him into protecting it. So the Master Emerald itself and its energies made knuckles want to protect it?

Maybe his parents died after laying the egg and after he hatched the M.E. being such a powerful object kinda compulsed him into protecting it. So the Master Emerald itself and its energies made knuckles want to protect it?

Maybe he saw the emerald, didn't know what it was for, but decided to protect it because it looked nice? We never got any indication that he knew about its use until SA1, and even then he only knew it generated the island's antigravity (which he would have learned in S3&K).

Edited by ElectroKyurem

How is that not a story?

Ah, you got me!

I just had a question pop into my head. Cream has a mum right, Vanilla. Makes you assume the characters have families. So where are everyone else's parents? Are Sonic's parents on South Island?

If you read the comics, Sonic does have parents. I found this to be a pretty cool fact! But game wise, nah.

But as well as instinctively protecting the Master Emerald not making sense, he had to be raised as well, at least to the age of 5 or 6. Did baby hatchling Knuckles learn to feed himself, clothe (well, glove and shoe :P) himself, pick up talking and reading himself? I know they're not relatable to humans, especially age-wise, but I couldn't even tie my own damn shoelace until I was 7! And I don't think there was any emerald related training or messages left for him a la Superman and his fruity crystals.

Maybe this should also live in the 'massively overthinking tuings' thread :P

I always assumed Gerald experimented to see which DNA was the most stable, and found hedgehog to be suitable. Though as I recall Shadow's species choice was based on the echidna mural. At least, that's what Sonic News Network says and I'm not sure if they have to cite their sources. But it would make a lot of sense... the guy made a habit of discovering ancient stuff, so it's not out of the question he saw Super Sonic in the mural and created something that looks like it.

If not for Vanilla, I always had a wacko theory that Project Shadow's creation somehow altered the gene pool in such a way that "Mobians" formed. Given that they almost all are superpowered in some way and there's so few furries, I'm inclined to think all the anthro characters are mutants and are certainly not normal.

For furry civilizations we have Babylon and the Echidnas, both of whom died out/went elsewhere. Presumably their DNA still lingered in the environment, and maybe Project Shadow tapped that somehow.

I mean, just throwing speculation out there.

As far as Knuckles goes I figure the surviving echidnas after Chaos' rampage tried to rebuild on the now-floating island, but they couldn't keep a stable population. By near-modern day only Knuckles and his parents were left, and they died when he was young for one reason or another.

Though this series isn't one to worry about parents, so they'll probably never give a proper answer to it.

I'm just going to roll with Vanilla being an older mutant bunny claiming to be Cream's mom, myself. Though given the rancor those two get I could probably just as easily write them out of my theory entirely. :P

Really does show how much I'd like an answer of whether there's an actual anthro society anywhere or if there's just a handful of mutant furry freaks running around.

As far as Knuckles goes I figure the surviving echidnas after Chaos' rampage tried to rebuild on the now-floating island, but they couldn't keep a stable population. By near-modern day only Knuckles and his parents were left, and they died when he was young for one reason or another.

Though this series isn't one to worry about parents, so they'll probably never give a proper answer to it.

From a Biological standpoint...that makes perfect sense

The way I see it, there aren't any parents (aside from Vanilla) because they aren't needed. This also explains the lack of anthropomorphs outside of the main cast. For all we know, Sonic's version of earth contains a large number of anthropomorphic hedgehogs, foxes, cats, and possibly echidnas, but we don't see them because they aren't important.

The way I see it, there aren't any parents (aside from Vanilla) because they aren't needed. This also explains the lack of anthropomorphs outside of the main cast. For all we know, Sonic's version of earth contains a large number of anthropomorphic hedgehogs, foxes, cats, and possibly echidnas, but we don't see them because they aren't important.

Humans aren't important either barring the fat man himself but they get LOADS of NPC appearances.

SEGA, get to work on making a city called Furville or something!

Furville is such a stupid name for an animal (mammal) city. That'd be like calling Central City "Sapienland" or something.