Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

Rule of funny, most likely. Really, Big seems a lot more popular as a background character, which is probably why he was retired from the foreground cast.

Big is the least likely character to get involved in things. That's why it's funny when he does.

I see, I did find it funny the first time I saw him while making my City Escape, I mean a huge GUN truck is trying to smash Sonic like a potato and Big pops up out of no where waving for Sonic... That was freaking hilarious!

But I was asking particularly about that time in ARK, well who knows, maybe the fact that he made it into space appearing in the most random place at the most random time and for no obvious reason is what made it quite funny?

I mean, it's not weird if we see Big every once in a while in stages that are on the 'land'... But...

What the HECK is he doing on a freaking space colony that was shut down 50 years ago?!

Just how did he get there? What kind of jokes is this?

He heard there was good fishin' up in space?! *shrug*

I wouldn't mind betting he just stumbled his way up there. Silly Big! :B

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't mind betting he just stumbled his way up there. Silly Big! :B

That sounds more like it. xD

Does anyone have any information about Summer of Sonic 2013?

Will there even be one?

Does anyone have any information about Summer of Sonic 2013?

Will there even be one?

I'm pretty sure there will be. I hope so much that I'll get to go too.

My First Question!

I just got done watching the Sonic X Clip with Dark Sonic's appearance, I have questions about Dark Sonic. 

Now, I read somewhere that in the Sonic Wiki (Sonic News Network) that it's stated that Dark Sonic was stronger than Super Sonic.

This is what confuses me.

During the beginning of the battle with Perfect Chaos, I recall Tails saying that "Caring is stronger than hate, and that's how Sonic is gonna beat Chaos!"

So, with all this, since Super Sonic is made up of caring and positive feelings, Dark Sonic being hatred and anger, wouldn't it be that Super Sonic is stronger than Dark Sonic? Help me out Bros! 

My Second Question!

Is it "Dark Sonic", or "Dark Super Sonic"?

I'm really stumped on this and not sure how to figure it out. Could you please go into some detail on your answer, please?

My LAST Question! 

Please, think carefully before you answer this, not being smart or anything, it's just it got me thinking about it for a while.\

In Sonic X, I think Sonic actually uses Chaos Sphere.

WAIT.

It's in the 3rd Season, in a battle of Super Sonic VS Super Shadow, before they begin, Super Sonic shoots beams out of his hand (that look JUST like Chaos Sphere) at the Metarex (Not gonna even try to spell that) to destroy them so there won't be any interruptions during the battle.

Need a clip?

Either watch the whole clip, or just right click the screen and click "Stop Download" to see the thumbnail of the scene. 

It's really something you may have to put some thought into.

I think this is Chaos Sphere, but I know there's never really been anything to say Super Sonic can use Chaos Sphere, but also nothing that said he couldn't use it. 

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but can't Shadow use Chaos Sphere because of his natural link to the Chaos Force? Well, when you're Super, aren't you just full of Chaos Energy? Wouldn't that make it likely to be able to use Chaos Sphere? Not saying it's like this for all Super Forms. But, bear with me. Also, wasn't it Sonic who told Shadow about being able to use Chaos Sphere in his Super Form in Shadow the Hedgehog? How would Sonic know about being able to use Chaos Sphere is he didn't know how to use it already by himself? 

Unless there was some epic manual to being Super Sonic/Shadow that missed. ^^'

I think I can answer your questions regarding Dark Sonic. It could be argued that Sonic's Dark Form is equal in power to his Super Form, with the only difference being the emotions he's feeling. I'd call any discrepancy in power a result of bad writing. As for the name, I believe it has always been "Dark Sonic". I'm not sure about the details, but I have heard complaints about people calling him "Dark Super Sonic".

I think I can answer your questions regarding Dark Sonic. It could be argued that Sonic's Dark Form is equal in power to his Super Form, with the only difference being the emotions he's feeling. I'd call any discrepancy in power a result of bad writing. As for the name, I believe it has always been "Dark Sonic". I'm not sure about the details, but I have heard complaints about people calling him "Dark Super Sonic".

I've always felt people call him "Dark SUPER Sonic" because he absorbs the power of those fake Chaos Emeralds, and then he gets really mad. 

But, I just thought of this, but couldn't he turn Dark/Dark Super just because of all the Ring Energy he's absorbed throughout the years? I mean, I read that that's why Sonic can unlock the power of the Chaos Emeralds and become Super is because of all the Chaos Energy he's absorbed throughout the years from the Rings.

To be honest, I never understood the point of Dark Sonic.

I guess to show that Sonic can be pushed to his breaking point in anger.

Well sure, but it they could have done that without making him transform.

Well sure, but it they could have done that without making him transform.

It's no biggie, Bro. Lots of people love Dark Sonic. I think it was a cool way, hope he makes a return somehow. 

Darkspine Sonic was as close as SEGA's actually gotten to just making a game Canon Dark Sonic. 

I guess Dark Sonic is just to show that every Hero has a Dark Side. 

Like that Black Spiderman from Spiderman 3, not Venom. 

It's no biggie, Bro. Lots of people love Dark Sonic. I think it was a cool way, hope he makes a return somehow. 

Darkspine Sonic was as close as SEGA's actually gotten to just making a game Canon Dark Sonic. 

I guess Dark Sonic is just to show that every Hero has a Dark Side. 

Like that Black Spiderman from Spiderman 3, not Venom. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Sonic lose his temper at a villain in a main series game either. Having him temporarily enter a murderous state of mind could go a long way toward giving him more depth.

My preference for his normal form is...well, think of it like this. As Darkspine Sonic, he was under the influence of the World Rings, which took his anger and magnified it. I want to see exactly what would make Sonic want to kill someone while under no influences but himself.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sonic lose his temper at a villain in a main series game either. Having him temporarily enter a murderous state of mind could go a long way toward giving him more depth.

My preference for his normal form is...well, think of it like this. As Darkspine Sonic, he was under the influence of the World Rings, which took his anger and magnified it. I want to see exactly what would make Sonic want to kill someone while under no influences but himself.

Honestly, I don't think Sonic would kill someone without any influences, even with some, his will would be extremely difficult to beat. He hasn't actually killed anyone from what all I've seen in my years.

Also, I don't think it would be the best idea for Sonic to enter a murderous state. That'd probably bring the game/series to a more darker theme, which from what I can tell some fans don't want.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest, I never understood the point of Dark Sonic.

Because they wanted to please 13 year olds who think that Dark characters are "cool".

Why does Tails's plane get shot down at the climax of Unleashed? I guess Eggman's stuff shot it down but why was it put into the story at all? It doesn't add to anything, it doesn't change anything, Tails wouldn't have been in the Earth's core anyway, and it's fixed by the time Sonic faceplants into Apotos again anyway.

Edited by Semi-colon e

I'm pretty sure there will be. I hope so much that I'll get to go too.

My First Question!

I just got done watching the Sonic X Clip with Dark Sonic's appearance, I have questions about Dark Sonic. 

Now, I read somewhere that in the Sonic Wiki (Sonic News Network) that it's stated that Dark Sonic was stronger than Super Sonic.

This is what confuses me.

During the beginning of the battle with Perfect Chaos, I recall Tails saying that "Caring is stronger than hate, and that's how Sonic is gonna beat Chaos!"

So, with all this, since Super Sonic is made up of caring and positive feelings, Dark Sonic being hatred and anger, wouldn't it be that Super Sonic is stronger than Dark Sonic? Help me out Bros!

Don't take anything SNN has to say as fact. It's articles are exceptionally poorly-written and chock full of factual inaccuracy and falsehood. If you must have a source of Sonic info, use Sonic Retro. It's much better, it's articles are much more credible and better-written.

As for the question, no, this isn't a good conclusion to draw from anything. There is nothing that form does that Super Sonic couldn't going by what he's been shown to be able to do. Super Sonic may have had trouble against Dark Oak to the point of injury and exhaustion (See episode 53) but that was Dark Oak and not two small prototype Metarex.

Also, referencing the english dub to affirmatively confirm anything in the show isn't wise because much of the speech is not true to the original lines and therefore often do not get across what the characters actually mean in context to the scene. Considering though that negative energy is stated to be inferior to the 'true' power of the emeralds, it is fairly safe to say that Super Sonic is superior to that dark form in episode 67.

My Second Question!

I'm really stumped on this and not sure how to figure it out. Could you please go into some detail on your answer, please?

It's neither. The 'dark' form showed in episode 67 has no officially revealed name, not even on info cards in the 3rd season. It's not even confirmed that he has a name to start with! So "Dark Sonic"/"Dark Super Sonic" as a name is pure fancruft.

My LAST Question!

Please, think carefully before you answer this, not being smart or anything, it's just it got me thinking about it for a while.\

In Sonic X, I think Sonic actually uses Chaos Sphere.

WAIT.

It's in the 3rd Season, in a battle of Super Sonic VS Super Shadow, before they begin, Super Sonic shoots beams out of his hand (that look JUST like Chaos Sphere) at the Metarex (Not gonna even try to spell that) to destroy them so there won't be any interruptions during the battle.

Need a clip?

Either watch the whole clip, or just right click the screen and click "Stop Download" to see the thumbnail of the scene.

It's really something you may have to put some thought into.

I think this is Chaos Sphere, but I know there's never really been anything to say Super Sonic can use Chaos Sphere, but also nothing that said he couldn't use it.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but can't Shadow use Chaos Sphere because of his natural link to the Chaos Force? Well, when you're Super, aren't you just full of Chaos Energy? Wouldn't that make it likely to be able to use Chaos Sphere? Not saying it's like this for all Super Forms. But, bear with me. Also, wasn't it Sonic who told Shadow about being able to use Chaos Sphere in his Super Form in Shadow the Hedgehog? How would Sonic know about being able to use Chaos Sphere is he didn't know how to use it already by himself?

Unless there was some epic manual to being Super Sonic/Shadow that missed. ^^'

You mean Chaos Spear? Doesn't look like it. Shadow's Chaos spear attack actually look like spears of energy. Super Sonic's attack there just looks like he's firing gold sparkles out of his hand. The move doesn't look comparable to Chaos Spear as it is depicted in X. The 'Chaos Force' doesn't exist in X, that's an Archie invention.

X Sonic doesn't have an ability comparable to Shadow's Chaos Spear. He doesn't even use Sonic Wind which is his attack in the games.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have a question: In Satam and the Archie comics, Sally Acorn. Just what kind of animal IS she?

I've always thought she was a squirrel (she was based on one) but she more closely resembles a chipmunk.

And while we're at it, what kind of animal is Antoine?

IIRC, Sally is a squirrel (chipmunks are a kind of squirrel, and I don't think it's conclusive on a kind of squirrel for her)and Antoine is a coyote.

Edited by Mysterics
  • Thumbs Up 2

I have a question: In Satam and the Archie comics, Sally Acorn. Just what kind of animal IS she?

I've always thought she was a squirrel (she was based on one) but she more closely resembles a chipmunk.

And while we're at it, what kind of animal is Antoine?

She's a chipmunk. Mobians take their species from the parent who is the same gender as them. Queen Alicia is a chipmunk so her daughter is one too whilst Elias is a squirrel because his father is a squirrel. I think it was an asspull thing though because 1 - Rob's and Mari-An's son is an Echidna rather than a Hedgehog like his father though I think his species was retconned in the Archie Sonic encyclopedia and 2 - Mobian hybrids like Nack exist.

Honestly, I don't think Sonic would kill someone without any influences, even with some, his will would be extremely difficult to beat. He hasn't actually killed anyone from what all I've seen in my years.

But if it takes stuff like the World Rings to make him lose his temper, that kind of puts him one step closer to being a Mary Sue!

She's a chipmunk. Mobians take their species from the parent who is the same gender as them. Queen Alicia is a chipmunk so her daughter is one too whilst Elias is a squirrel because his father is a squirrel. I think it was an asspull thing though because 1 - Rob's and Mari-An's son is an Echidna rather than a Hedgehog like his father though I think his species was retconned in the Archie Sonic encyclopedia and 2 - Mobian hybrids like Nack exist.

I think the whole "chipmunk" thing came about because someone said "Wait a moment, Sally doesn't really look like a squirrel. Shouldn't we do something about that?" Rather than tweak her appearance to better resemble her species, they took the lazy way out and said "Chipmunk!"

What Tails meant is that the power of the good is always stronger than the bad because they fight for a cause, to protect innocent people and bla bla bla, it's figurative, it doesn't literally mean that Super Sonic should be physically stronger than Dark Sonic.

Actually I can't find anywhere that they said Dark Sonic is stronger than Super Sonic.

Actually in the Sonic wiki they say "Dark Sonic also known as Dark Super Sonic", yet they say his only appearance was in Sonic X:

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Sonic

Since there's no sign that he used the real Chaos Emeralds in that scene, then I'm gonna go with Dark Sonic, which is apparently his fury taking a form.

The naming after all was never mentioned in Sonic X, the name was probably given by fans.

I think Sonic actually uses Chaos Sphere.

Sorry for the disappointment friend, but no, what Sonic is using is apparently some Chaos energy projectiles, Shadow on the other hand doesn't have to go super to use Chaos Spear, the Chaos energy is in his blood.

The scene where Sonic surprises Shadow from behind with these projectiles, even if these are really Chaos Spears, their appearance in Sonic X doesn't mean Sonic can do it.

The story of Shadow the Hedgehog comes after the story Sonic Heroes in the timeline, which comes after the story of Sonic Adventure 2.

The fact that Sonic told Shadow how to use Chaos Spear in his fight against Devil Doom (Which is actually just a reminder that characters do all the time to remind you what button you should press), is only because Sonic witnessed that power, before Shadow fell and lost his memory in Sonic Adventure 2, Shadow lost his memory, Sonic didn't, Sonic knows Shadow's ability to use it, but Shadow just forgot it, and Sonic reminded him, that's all,

Forgive me

I forgive you.

• Thumbs Up 1

The story of Shadow the Hedgehog comes after the story Sonic Heroes in the timeline, which comes after the story of Sonic Adventure 2.

The fact that Sonic told Shadow how to use Chaos Spear in his fight against Devil Doom (Which is actually just a reminder that characters do all the time to remind you what button you should press), is only because Sonic witnessed that power, before Shadow fell and lost his memory in Sonic Adventure 2, Shadow lost his memory, Sonic didn't, Sonic knows Shadow's ability to use it, but Shadow just forgot it, and Sonic reminded him, that's all,

My bad, Bro. I completely forgot that Shadow used Chaos Sphere in Sonic Adventure 2, thanks for that. 

I appreciate everyone helping me with these questions, I've learned something today, haha. 

Rob'O and Mari-An's son is a Hedgehog/Echidna hybrid.

QVxLSp9.jpg?1?7029

Spoilered for size. I got bored in Modern Speed Highway and found this just at the car park section. Not only did my mind get blown at the fact that there IS a street slightly between the hotel lobby and the car park (rather than it just being one building like some weird shit) but I found THIS as well. I don't know why but this blew my fucking mind. Who are these people? The second part below says "seek the truth, fight for freedom". Is this a reference to something?

I believe this is one of the (fake) commercials they put in a game just to make it realistic, it's maybe a movie advertisement, or a game, it doesn't look to me like it really means something, just to make it look like a real street where there's commercials almost everywhere you go.

This is pretty similar to Sonic Adventure 2's Chaos Soda and that 'It's addictive don't unplug' thing, or the Chaos in Space thing in Sonic Adventure.