Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

You can see him talk in a couple of these ads, seems to mainly be in ads from outside the US which might explain why the ideahas become so prevalent.

Ah, why thank you.

Goodness that chipmunk voice they give him is scary. And not in a good way.

Makes me wish SEGA would do this kind of aggressive advertising in this day and age as well... but alas, what can one do?

How do you explain Eggman outrunning Sonic after maintaining top speed in the final act in Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I?

That's easily explained out of universe as the simple fact Eggman needs to reach his mech in order for an epic battle to occur.

In universe, who knows, but in most cases things can be chalked up to acceleration differences.

I always saw Eggman outrunning Sonic as cartoon physics for the sake of a gag. There's no way Sonic Team wasn't laughin' as they made those scenes with a big guy like Eggy outrunning someone with super speed :P

tumblr_mkix5hD6hB1rfz5e1o2_1280.png

Did Sonic's throwing of Erazor's lamp in the molten metal of Evil Foundry destroy Erazor? Or did Erazor's immortality serve to protect him from the molten metal and Sonic only did it as a means of preventing others from coming across the lamp and freeing him, undoing his wish that he should remain locked up for eternity?

Either way, it's a truly ruthless way of dealing with a villain. Sonic meant business in SatSR :D

Edited by Vertekins

I always saw Eggman outrunning Sonic as cartoon physics for the sake of a gag. There's no way Sonic Team wasn't laughin' as they made those scenes with a big guy like Eggy outrunning someone with super speed tongue.png

Really this ultimately is probably the best answer. It's humorous and paves the way for a more serious showdown at the end of each title.

Did Sonic's throwing of Erazor's lamp in the molten metal of Evil Foundry destroy Erazor?

Assuming this is like Aladdin, Erazor was killed when the lamp fell into the molten metal, as the lamp would melt, and a genie's soul being tied to a lamp... yeah, he's screwed no matter how you slice it.

All depends if Sonic's lamps are magically-protected or not from such destruction. If not... well, bye bye Erazor.

Which leads to all sorts of gallows humor given Sonic just accidentally committed murder.

If you ask me, I think Eggman's actually pretty fit but just can't lose that beer keg spare tire. I mean, how else could he outrun Sonic in all of the classic games?

This is a legitimate thing actually. Just because someone's quote on quote "FAT" or "OVERWEIGHT" does not necessarily mean they are unhealthy or unfit. I mean, have you seen football or rugby players. They can be HUGE but still very, very fit.

Here's my question: Exactly WHO can use the Chaos Emeralds, and how? Also, exactly what makes them able to do so?

Exactly WHO can use the Chaos Emeralds, and how? Also, exactly what makes them able to do so?

It seems any furry character can tap their power just with a bit of focus. Since we haven't seen a human use them in that manner, it's safe to presume thus far that it's a furry-exclusive ability. Humans can still use them by throwing them in machines, though.

Really, based on the demographics, it looks like humans make up the vast bulk of Earth's population, with the anthro animals like Sonic and friends being a really small portion of the population. Given that most of these anthro creatures have superhuman talents in some way or another, I think we can establish Sonic and co. are some sort of mutants. Mutants that have a power to tap the Emeralds biologically, whereas humans can only hope to tap them using machinery.

At least, that's what I can reason from all I've seen.

I think that anyone can tap into the Chaos Emeralds power with enough focus and will, but only certain ones can actually fully harness their power in large amounts, and an even fewer amount can actually go super.  

Wait, this is off-topic but I just noticed that it says I'm banned. Wow, very subtle april fools joke. 

Wait, this is off-topic but I just noticed that it says I'm banned. Wow, very subtle april fools joke.

And now, it's gone...Oh, well.

So, kind of tying into the "Eggman's fitness routine" dealio, do you think he does most of the work himself, or does he have some worker bots construct his latest weapons of doom for him from the plans he draws up?

I'm thinking Eggman builds and modifies smaller stuff (like his Eggmobile, for instance) on his own, but large objects like his airships or the Death Egg are probably built by a team of robots. A good example of this would be Planet Wisp, where the Egg Pawns can be seen renovating it.

As I recall one of the Egg Fighters in Unleashed gripes about how hard the doctor works them if you talk to them walking around Eggmanland.

So in conclusion, his bigger projects are done by robots or factories. His smaller ones are done by him personally, presumably because he doesn't trust machines to not make some mistake a human wouldn't. Of course he doesn't factor in human error because he's of the opinion he's the smartest person around.

That's easily explained out of universe as the simple fact Eggman needs to reach his mech in order for an epic battle to occur.

In universe, who knows, but in most cases things can be chalked up to acceleration differences.

Man... We were talking about the acceleration and top speed crap, you explained the first time that Eggman had better acceleration, but Sonic had much better top speed... What if Sonic had enough time to reach his greater top speed? I was focusing on this point...

But never mind, let's forget it.

I have something to ask. Rather, to discuss:

In the end of Shadow the Hedgehog, he says (Shadow says, who the hell else could it be?): "Goodbye forever... Shadow the Hedgehog."

The question is, why did he say that? Because he put the past behind him and forgot all the irritating things from his terrible past? Or possibly, because everything related to that (bad) past is erased? You know, by defeating Black Doom and saving Earth as a hero that he is. It really could hold many meanings.

Edited by Mysterious X

It basically means he's going to forget everything about his past barring the lessons he's learned from it. He's going to stop mourning over Maria, the same as we stop mourning eventually. He's going to forget about Black Doom and Gerald, because the more he looks into his past the more he sees how dark and twisted his origin was.

The only thing he will bother to recall at all from his past is that he's meant to ultimately protect humanity from all that would harm it, whether it be Eggman, aliens, or disease. He will stop focusing on his past so he can look towards his future.

We know Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles like chili dogs, mint candy, and grapes respectively. Do any of the other characters have a favorite food?

I would have to guess Eggman's favorite food would be Prune Juice and a Soft Boiled Egg.

Saw it in an Episode of Sonic X.

This is a legitimate thing actually. Just because someone's quote on quote "FAT" or "OVERWEIGHT" does not necessarily mean they are unhealthy or unfit. I mean, have you seen football or rugby players. They can be HUGE but still very, very fit.

Very true, infact going from BMI ( involving height and weight) Paula Radcliffe is actually classed as "obese" due to muscle being heavier than fat. So maybe it's actually all muscle?

Or maybe Eggman's new design (post adventure) is a fat suit? He got thin after 3 but no one recognised him and ( being the egotist/megalomaniac that he is) designed a fat suit so people would recognise him?

Would explain the design change. ( and change in body shape! :P)

I think Eggman's belly fat is clearly coming from eating too much food, but I sure agree that he is fit though.

But it just confuses me as why are his legs so slim after all?!

I recently started Sonic Adventure 2's Dark Story... And playing with this guy in the Chao Garden, and seeing his skinny legs running. I'm gonna just say that mobiusly people are a little different that earthly ones, perhaps.

Here's one.

What was SEGA's "big announcement" that was supposedly Sonic related on 03/03/13?

Did... I miss something?

Here's one.

What was SEGA's "big announcement" that was supposedly Sonic related on 03/03/13?

Did... I miss something?

It was fake. 

I mean, it's not weird if we see Big every once in a while in stages that are on the 'land'... But...

BigTrouble.jpg

What the HECK is he doing on a freaking space colony that was shut down 50 years ago?!

Just how did he get there? What kind of jokes is this?

I mean, it's not weird if we see Big every once in a while in stages that are on the 'land'... But...

BigTrouble.jpg

What the HECK is he doing on a freaking space colony that was shut down 50 years ago?!

Just how did he get there? What kind of jokes is this?

There's only so much tropical, lazy day, sunshiny paradise you can take, y'know. Plus, I bet space holds room for lots more undiscovered species for Big to catch! 

• Thumbs Up 3

He appears there too? Crazy cat.

He did have an important role with Froggy in Sonic Adventure, and a small one in Sonic Heroes, but if he didn't have a part in other games, they just throw him around in the most random places. Why Big? Why not someone of the Chaotix maybe?

Ask how he got into the storybook world of Sonic and the Secret Rings. That always alluded me.

One of the Special Book entries hints that Shahra stumbled across Big first and somehow mistook him for Sonic. Either he was present at the house Sonic was in at the beginning or Shahra was exploring the world outside the book XD

He appears there too? Crazy cat.

He did have an important role with Froggy in Sonic Adventure, and a small one in Sonic Heroes, but if he didn't have a part in other games, they just throw him around in the most random places. Why Big? Why not someone of the Chaotix maybe?

Rule of funny, most likely. Really, Big seems a lot more popular as a background character, which is probably why he was retired from the foreground cast.

Big is the least likely character to get involved in things. That's why it's funny when he does.