Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

An opinion can be challenged when it's not well thought-out.

This is a discussion forum afterall, so anything you say or claim is free to get critiqued so no need to get bent out of shape just because someone dares not agree with what you say.

Edited by DarkLight

I don't see how my opinion isn't well thought out.

Because logically speaking, it doesn't make any sense.

How does it not make sense?

And before you or anyone else tries to refute my claim, remember that it's just my opinion. I have just as much right to believe that Knuckles isn't the world's last echidna as you do to believe that he is.

Dude quit throwing a shit fit every time someone actually tries to have a discussion with you.

It's always been Earth. Colors saying it's Sonic's world was just odd on the script's part.

Sure explains a lot...

Then another question, where did Mobius originate from?

And yet another question, Sonic X is not canon... Is it?

And also when an opinion is against facts.

Like saying "In my opinion Sonic is a cat."

Edited by Mysterious X

How does it not make sense?Dude quit throwing a shit fit every time someone actually tries to have a discussion with you.

I just don't understand how it could possibly work. And I wouldn't react the way I do if said "discussions" consisted of more than just insisting that I'm wrong.

Sure explains a lot...

Then another question, where did Mobius originate from?

And yet another question, Sonic X is not canon... Is it?

Mobius was invented by Sega of America as part of their changes to Sonic to "Americanise" him more. It is commonly misthought that it came from a mistranslation of a 1992 Yuji Naka interview.

And X isn't canon.

Edited by Spin Attaxx
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think it was a translation, but maybe someone could clarify.

And no, Sonic X is not canon.

EDIT: Ninja'd again by the same person. Damn I'm too slow!

Edited by DarkLight

Now everything makes sense...

Thank you guys.

EDIT: Ninja'd again by the same person. Damn I'm too slow!

You're not slow it's probably your browser not showing the new posts. tongue.png

I just don't understand how it could possibly work. And I wouldn't react the way I do if said "discussions" consisted of more than just insisting that I'm wrong.

I really don't know whether he is the last or not, and because I don't know I wouldn't make an opinion on my own out of my own assumptions.

And I really don't think it's fair to say they're just insisting you're wrong. You have a theory so you should give it a proof. And of course, everyone should do the same.

I just don't understand how it could possibly work.

...how? What part of it is difficult to understand? There were some people, then most of them died, now there's only one.

And I wouldn't react the way I do if said "discussions" consisted of more than just insisting that I'm wrong.

People have given facts and reasoning why they think you're wrong, they're not just shouting you down. You just end up getting pissed and flipping the table rather than addressing what people say.

...how? What part of it is difficult to understand? There were some people, then most of them died, now there's only one.People have given facts and reasoning why they think you're wrong, they're not just shouting you down. You just end up getting pissed and flipping the table rather than addressing what people say.

That works for groups or cultures, not an entire species.

And I use facts and reasoning to support all of my opinions. Stop implying that I don't.

That works for groups or cultures, not an entire species.

Why not? If the species only lives in a limited range, and some great disaster befalls them, they could all be killed off. Plus SA was equating the echidnas with a Central or South American civilization, so.

And I use facts and reasoning to support all of my opinions. Stop implying that I don't.

Your entire input into this has been "but I don't get it???" If you've got facts and reasoning, present them.

Why not? If the species only lives in a limited range, and some great disaster befalls them, they could all be killed off. Plus SA was equating the echidnas with a Central or South American civilization, so.Your entire input into this has been "but I don't get it???" If you've got facts and reasoning, present them.

I was using logic. It just isn't logical for an entire species to have a single community between them, even for allegorical reasons. And anyway, you can't prove Knuckles is the last echidna any more than I can prove he isn't. In light of this impasse, let's just agree to disagree.

• Thumbs Up 1

Have Ergo and Orbot been directly confirmed as being the same characters? I always thought they were, but people will say otherwise, citing different voice actors ( no idea why, seeing how recasting is common in the franchise), personality, and paint job as a reason why they aren't the same robot.

Have Ergo and Orbot been directly confirmed as being the same characters? I always thought they were, but people will say otherwise, citing different voice actors ( no idea why, seeing how recasting is common in the franchise), personality, and paint job as a reason why they aren't the same robot.

Yep. Right here.

3) SA-55 (the round red robot also known as “Ergo” by fans) will return, but slightly more jaded than before. Oh and by the way SA-55 ISN’T his name… his name is actually “Orbot”.

• Thumbs Up 1

How come Knuckles needs 2 separate palletes in Sonic 3/ & Knuckles/3&K? I understand the fact that one needs yellow socks so the HUD isn't green but why is one pink while the other is not?

No, they're not. I think ArchAngelUK confirmed that.

I like to accept at least Tails' Adventure as canon.

So do I. That and Triple Trouble.

This may seem like a silly question, but why did SEGA go from making A Ranks, to S Ranks?

I have nothing against the S Ranks, really. I've just been playing a load of Sonic Adventure 2 lately, and have been wondering why.

You'd get such a thrill getting *A Ranks, but now you have to work harder to get S Ranks. Again, nothing against it, just why.

Also, does the S even mean anything? I've been thinking it meant Super.

Edited by OmegaXCL

If Sonic 4 has the Death Egg mkII (meaning the second version of the original design) and Sonic Fighters has the Death Egg II, does that mean Sonic Fighters could be cannon and takes place after the classic saga but before Adventure? :P

If Sonic 4 has the Death Egg mkII (meaning the second version of the original design) and Sonic Fighters has the Death Egg II, does that mean Sonic Fighters could be cannon and takes place after the classic saga but before Adventure? tongue.png

Honestly, I don't see how Sonic the Fighters could be considered Canon. It didn't even have a story. 

Honestly, I don't see how Sonic the Fighters could be considered Canon. It didn't even have a story.

I always imagined they had a massive party, ran out of booze, found out Eggman had a stash of that "Robotonic" stuff it mentions in the demo loop, decided to go up in Tails rocket and steal it and trash the place for not getting invited for drinkies and were all fighting over the keys to the rocket......was I wrong?

• Thumbs Up 3