Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

Same way Shadow is able to draw them in from completely off-camera (not even from him, even though he collected them all and they should be in his posession) and have them circle around him during Shadow the Hedgehog, and how Sonic draws them in from all over Light Gaia during Sonic Unleashed. I guess when someone with an actual connection to the Chaos Emeralds (Shadow's naturally capable with them, and Sonic's basically the Avatar/chosen one to defend the world) calls upon their energy, they fly straight to where they're needed. Combine that with both Sonic and Shadow drawing them in at the same time...

Well I was referring to how the emeralds were in the Cannon at one moment, and then they're shown to be in the altar on those pillars the next. It just... kind of happened.

I mean I guess they were somehow transported down there by a mechanism but still rather strange, isn't it?

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Oh right, you meant like that! I guess we can only really presume that after Eggman throws the last emerald into the cannon and he ducks away to join Sonic and the rest, maybe the cannon mechanism moves towards the center of the ARK... and then the emeralds are magically drawn to the Emerald Alter? Sonic implies that it's designed to harness the power of the Chaos Emeralds, and there's nothing to debunk the idea that it does exactly that since it works.

... actually, suddenly pondering the idea of a ridiculously stretching theory for if those could possibly be fake (or the genuine...?) Super Emeralds. Hrm.

I THINK (not certain) if you watch the cutscene when Eggman puts then in, (either the last in the dark story, or the first in the last story, you can quickly see the panel with the emeralds in shoot downwards, I may be wrong though.

Maybe the same reason why there was a Emerald altar at the Cannon's Core. Gereald studied Echidna history and both the snake statue and the altar seem to pertain to that.

EDIT: And oh yeah, can't forget about the Artifiical Chaos(s) as well.

Huh...I actually forgot about that snake at Cannon's Core. It does make sense, though!

Where is Metal Knuckles?

In a warehouse, somewhere, like his entire army from Sonic Extreme, didnt you know he has warehouse full of abandoned schemes and bots :P

Same way Shadow is able to draw them in from completely off-camera (not even from him, even though he collected them all and they should be in his posession) and have them circle around him during Shadow the Hedgehog, and how Sonic draws them in from all over Light Gaia during Sonic Unleashed. I guess when someone with an actual connection to the Chaos Emeralds (Shadow's naturally capable with them, and Sonic's basically the Avatar/chosen one to defend the world) calls upon their energy, they fly straight to where they're needed. Combine that with both Sonic and Shadow drawing them in at the same time...

I kind of thought that it was Biolizard who brought the Emeralds there to keep them from Sonic and the others. You know, him having Chaos Control and what not.

I kind of thought that it was Biolizard who brought the Emeralds there to keep them from Sonic and the others. You know, him having Chaos Control and what not.

The emeralds are already there before Biolizard arrives, though... then again, we don't even know where it was or what the hell it was doing before it suddenly turns up out of nowhere, for that matter. Does Gerald's message suddenly awaken it and warp it there, or was it already active once the cannon core starts playing up and it just homes in on the Master Emerald and Chaos Emeralds?

Do you think a character could use Chaos Control to warp the Chaos Emerald instead of themselves?

I believe Sonic did that at the beginning of Sonic X Season 3. And my headcanon for the emeralds being scattered again after every game is either:

1. They somehow disappear on their own once Sonic is done saving the day (on that particular week, I mean). This assumes that they have some sort of ... sentience, I suppose, or "awareness". I dunno, it's vague because these things are supposed to mysterious! or ...
  2. Sonic willingly sends them away ala Sonic X for ... whatever Sonic-y reason. Maybe he just likes searchin' for them.
Edited by elementofchaos

Provided you have a clear, focused location, I see no reason you couldn't teleport the gem away but not yourself. The Emerald is making the shift too when you teleport yourself, so it stands to reason an object of such great power could be sent away on its own. They already seem to teleport away on their own anyway whenever all seven are collected.

Maybe you just need to let go of the emerald?

People using chaos control seen to be able to take others with then if they have physical contact, maybe letting go of the emerald would send the emerald to a specific place without sending the holder? ( good for getting it out of harms way) would help to explain how to get it into te special zone

I like how Chaos Control worked in 06. It was a portal so you can take in multiple people, items, or leave things(such as the emerald).

Also, why do the chaos emeralds look so huge in ep 2?

Edited by Dom

I like how Chaos Control worked in 06. It was a portal so you can take in multiple people, items, or leave things(such as the emerald).

Also, why do the chaos emeralds look so huge in ep 2?

There's another question. How big is the Master Emerald? In Sonic 3 & Knuckles, it was HUGE, but in Sonic Chronicles, it was a little bigger than a normal emerald.

There's another question. How big is the Master Emerald? In Sonic 3 & Knuckles, it was HUGE, but in Sonic Chronicles, it was a little bigger than a normal emerald.

And in SA2, it changes from scene to scene. Which, I think, is the answer. It's whatever size is most convenient for the scene.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think I read/heard somewhere that Knuckles can scale the size of the Master Emerald. Like in Sonic Adventure 2 it was normally bigger than him, but around the ending of the Hero Story, I think it was about the size of a regular Chaos Emerald. Hope this helps!

Also, I have 2 Questions.

1. Is there a particular reason Gerald Robotnik chooses the time he does to make the countdown for the collision of the ARK? Just seems kinda odd how it wasn't an even time.

2. I know there's some sort of relation of Eggman and Maria, but what is it? I know this because Robotnik is both of their Grandfathers. I thought either Siblings, or Cousins.

I think I read/heard somewhere that Knuckles can scale the size of the Master Emerald. Like in Sonic Adventure 2 it was normally bigger than him, but around the ending of the Hero Story, I think it was about the size of a regular Chaos Emerald. Hope this helps!

Also, I have 2 Questions.

1. Is there a particular reason Gerald Robotnik chooses the time he does to make the countdown for the collision of the ARK? Just seems kinda odd how it wasn't an even time.

2. I know there's some sort of relation of Eggman and Maria, but what is it? I know this because Robotnik is both of their Grandfathers. I thought either Siblings, or Cousins.

2. Cousins

1. Didn't Gerald prerecord and program the voice messages and collision but someone set it off? By putting in all 7 emeralds or doing something?

Edited by Dom

As I recall he said something along the lines of "by my calculations" in his doomsday broadcast. The ARK had a fixed speed, and a fixed distance to travel; logically he just used that mathematical brain of his to calculate the exact time it would take at that speed to traverse the distance.

Not too crazy when one considers his entire cell was covered in a bunch of equations.

• Thumbs Up 1

As I recall he said something along the lines of "by my calculations" in his doomsday broadcast. The ARK had a fixed speed, and a fixed distance to travel; logically he just used that mathematical brain of his to calculate the exact time it would take at that speed to traverse the distance.

Not too crazy when one considers his entire cell was covered in a bunch of equations.

Or in other words, when the Ark reached a specific spot where Gerald knew the ARK would destroy the Earth and all of it's inhabitants, it would start falling towards earth.

Or in other words, when the Ark reached a specific spot where Gerald knew the ARK would destroy the Earth and all of it's inhabitants, it would start falling towards earth.

Given that it was in orbit I think it's safe to say it is more or less the same distance from Earth regardless of where it was; the crash was triggered by all seven emeralds being present, not its particular location in the sky (from what we know). Eggman also said if the colony collided with Earth, the planet (as a result of the emeralds' combined energy) would shatter into pieces; the exact location is not of import.

So he just calculated the distance from the Earth's surface to the ARK, divided it by the speed, and then the result is approximately how much time it would take for every single human being to die a fiery, awful death.

In Sonic Adventure, when Tikal sends your character to the old Master Emerald Shrine, you can see the Chaos Emeralds. They're really big in that scene, so could they actually be the Super Emeralds in that scene?

I'm guessing that it's just the Chaos Emeralds getting bigger, not turning into the Super Emeralds.

As in, they still won't let you go Hyper. Plus, seems that's a pretty big detail for the game which explained the emeralds to miss out: "Oh btw they can get moar powaful by getting close to teh emerald".

Edited by Spin Attaxx

In Sonic Adventure, when Tikal sends your character to the old Master Emerald Shrine, you can see the Chaos Emeralds. They're really big in that scene, so could they actually be the Super Emeralds in that scene?

The emeralds are huge when you find them at the end of levels, too. They change size for convenience; they're large when they need to be easily visible from a distance, they're small when they need to be held by a character.

• Thumbs Up 1