Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

You know that they're seperate continuities, yet you use his comic continuity to explain his game continuity?

You're contradicting yourself there.

I know that their separate continuities in different universes, I was just trying to use the explanation given for his comic counterpart as an explanation for the games version's confusing backstory.

I don't believe that all continuities are canon with each other, only stuff like characters abilities and stuff.

That doesn't really work all of the time unless said abilities are extremely similar to each other, or a direct copy and paste of each other, and even then there are rules presented in the comic that don't apply in the game universe and vice versa, thus rendering them pointless.

Trying to mash two very different continuities together is only a recipe for confusion and disaster, so try to keep them separate if you can.

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile

You know that they're seperate continuities, yet you use his comic continuity to explain his game continuity?

You're contradicting yourself there.

I was just trying to say that he basically jumps across time and space.

Still doesn't mean that Nega in the comics is the same one that's in the games. There's no cold-hard proof that suggests this other than your speculation.

That doesn't really work all of the time unless said abilities are extremely similar to each other, or a direct copy and paste of each other, and even then there are rules presented in the comic that don't apply in the game universe and vice versa, thus rendering them pointless.

Trying to mash two very different continuities together is only a recipe for confusion and disaster, so try to keep them separate if you can.

One reason I do that is because the games don't exactly give a lot of information about certain things and the other continuities like the comics and stuff usually do, and on rare occasions vise-versa.

Still doesn't mean that Nega in the comics is the same one that's in the games. There's no cold-hard proof that suggests this other than your speculation.

I'm not saying that ArchieNega IS SegaNega (lol, "Sega Nega"), I was just trying to say that the games version is probably always moving across time and space.

One reason I do that is because the games don't exactly give a lot of information about certain things and the other continuities like the comics and stuff usually do, and on rare occasions vise-versa.

Still doesn't mean that what happens in one continuity happens in another.

Let's take Pokémon. Kyurem can turn into Black/White Kyurem at will in the animé. He can't do that in the games - he needs to absorb Zekrom/Reshiram first.

And going back to Sonic, there have always been 7 Chaos Emeralds in the games. That doesn't mean more existed because the comics said so.

ALSO, something I thought of while typing this. How is the Ifrit from Silver's ruined future if he (the Ifrit) is from that story in Sonic and the Secret Rings?

Geez. Are all these plot holes or am I just going crazy? Haha. 

SEGA had a fixation on Islamic culture in the mid-2000s. You had a villain named after the Islamic Devil, a villain called the Ifrit, and even a game based on Persian lore. The two Ifrits are entirely different; one's in a book and one's an actual being. It's sort of like how Erazor Djinn mentions "Iblis" in Secret Rings, but he's not talking about the creature from 06; he's talking about Satan.

• Nega exists in Silver's time. Blaze exists 200-something years earlier in the Sol Dimension.
  • Nega is made fun of by everyone since he's Eggman's descendant. He somehow stumbles upon the Sol Dimension and decides to take it over, thinking that will earn him respect. He teams up with Eggman, acting as his doppelganger to mask his true relation.
  • Sonic Rush happens.
  • Sonic Rush Adventure happens.
  • After Adventure, Nega decides to solve his problem at the source - get rid of Eggman and succeed where he failed. He drops the doppelganger guise after this.
  • Rivals happens.
  • Nega unleashes the Ifrit onto Silver's future, resulting in Rivals 2.
  • Nega is sealed away with the Ifrit, and will be (gleefuly) considered dead until further notice.

Huh, you know, this actually makes a lot of sense. He's just bouncing between the future and the alternate dimension present. It actually helps fill in the holes enormously once one thinks about it. Rather than trying to wrap one's head around there being TWO Eggman Negas.

• Thumbs Up 2

Still doesn't mean that what happens in one continuity happens in another.

Let's take Pokémon. Kyurem can turn into Black/White Kyurem at will in the animé. He can't do that in the games - he needs to absorb Zekrom/Reshiram first.

And going back to Sonic, there have always been 7 Chaos Emeralds in the games. That doesn't mean more existed because the comics said so.

Of course. I know that there have always been 7 in the games, and an infinite amount in the comics until they were all merged into 7. I know that they are separate continuities. I only use stuff concerning character's abilities and stuff that the games don't exactly say. 

And like I said before, I was just saying that Eggman Nega jumps across dimensions and time periods. 

So by your logic, a character in a book can shoot laser beams of death simply because the film of that book had her doing that, despite the book never hinting that she could do it?

So by your logic, a character in a book can shoot laser beams of death simply because the film of that book had her doing that, despite the book never hinting that she could do it?

Unless the book has something that contradicts it, I'd say that it's a possibility until any future books with that character says otherwise.. 

... even when the book in question never brings up giant laser beams because it's mostly grounded in reality and therefore has no need to bring up giant laser beams and the film in question was an In Name Only adaption?

What if that book was just one book, not a series?

Of course. I know that there have always been 7 in the games, and an infinite amount in the comics until they were all merged into 7. I know that they are separate continuities. I only use stuff concerning character's abilities and stuff that the games don't exactly say. 

And like I said before, I was just saying that Eggman Nega jumps across dimensions and time periods. 

Like Spin Attaxx and me (mostly the former, I just butted in) have been trying to say, you can't apply the rules of another continuity onto the continuity of an alternate universe BECAUSE there may be too many differences that can't be reconciled. The way I see it, what happens in the comic universe STAYS in the comic universe, because that world's rules only apply to that specific world.

If Sonic has never been seen doing an ability within the game universe, you should assume he can't use it until the game universe actually allows him to use it. Now if an ability is feasible within the context of the game universe's rules, then you could speculate that he MIGHT be able to use it.

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile

Like Spin Attaxx and me (mostly the former, I just butted in) have been trying to say, you can't apply the rules of another continuity onto the continuity of an alternate universe BECAUSE there may be too many differences that can't be reconciled. The way I see it, what happens in the comic universe STAYS in the comic universe, because that world's rules only apply to that specific world.

If Sonic has never been seen doing an ability within the game universe, you should assume he can't use it until the game universe actually allows him to use it. Now if an ability is feasible within the context of the game universe's rules, then you could speculate that he MIGHT be able to use it.

Every ability that I've seen been used in the comics or X seem feasible within the context of the game universe's rules.

Okay, someone help me explain the point I'm trying to get across better, because I'm clearly failing right now.

... even when the book in question never brings up giant laser beams because it's mostly grounded in reality and therefore has no need to bring up giant laser beams and the film in question was an In Name Only adaption?

What if that book was just one book, not a series?

Oh, well in that case.... Then no, I'd consider both continuities just on very far ends of the multiverse from each other and have no connection what-so-ever.

Edited by tsz11

Then just say that, instead of introducing some WMG concept that muddles your point.

SEGA had a fixation on Islamic culture in the mid-2000s. You had a villain named after the Islamic Devil, a villain called the Ifrit, and even a game based on Persian lore. The two Ifrits are entirely different; one's in a book and one's an actual being. It's sort of like how Erazor Djinn mentions "Iblis" in Secret Rings, but he's not talking about the creature from 06; he's talking about Satan.

That actually makes a lot of sense now, thanks! ^^

I think we can chalk it up to Nega basically being like Silver but being one step ahead of him; he really is the Robotnik of his time to Silver and Blaze's "Sonic and Tails" role. Just as Silver makes use of time travel in one dimension, Nega goes all the way and travels between MULTIPLE dimensions. Rather than limiting himself to just one timeline he likes to bounce between them all, or at least two.

Really it makes everything more readily understandable to just think of it like that. Might also explain his knowledge of things involving entering other dimensions; he clearly has some experience with it already.

I think we can chalk it up to Nega basically being like Silver but being one step ahead of him; he really is the Robotnik of his time to Silver and Blaze's "Sonic and Tails" role. Just as Silver makes use of time travel in one dimension, Nega goes all the way and travels between MULTIPLE dimensions. Rather than limiting himself to just one timeline he likes to bounce between them all, or at least two.

Really it makes everything more readily understandable to just think of it like that. Might also explain his knowledge of things involving entering other dimensions; he clearly has some experience with it already.

Which is exactly what I've been saying....

How does Sonic or anyone else breathe in space?

Is the Guardianship hereditary or appointed?

Why does the government pay Rouge in jewels instead of cash that'd allow her to more readily spend it on jewels of her choice?

What's the species distribution on Sonic's Earth? How common are the "Mobian" individuals versus human? It seems like the furry characters are all superpowered mutants rather than a race in their own right.

For the same reason Batman can.

Who knows.

It gets Rouge jewels quicker.

Other anthros might exist, we just don't see them. Humans seem more prominent than them at any rate.

Has Sonic ever been in space without either 1, being Super, or 2, being in close proximity to a space station?

vvv okay, in anything anyone actually cares about?

Edited by Diogenes

Has Sonic ever been in space without either 1, being Super, or 2, being in close proximity to a space station?

Sonic X.

vvv okay, in anything anyone actually cares about?

when he's super in space he usually transforms back then falls to earth, I want to know how hesurvives re-entering the atmosphere.

In SA....or is it 2?....he's outside the space station where there's no oxygen.