Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

I much prefer the original "Super Sonic Racing" over the Cash Cash remix in Generations.

Yeah, so do I. It's just kinda underwhelming.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I much prefer the original "Super Sonic Racing" over the Cash Cash remix in Generations.

As best said by FTA of Find the Computer Room and Hellfire Comms:" Why would you replace Tj Davis' beautiful singing voice with auto tune shit?" I like Cash Cash, but their rendition of Super Sonic Racing is a massive disappointment.

• Thumbs Up 2

It could've been a great remix. I liked the SEGA Saturn audio samples, and the music is cool but dem vocals. >< I hate them so much!

• Thumbs Up 1

After two new versions of city escape came out, I never go listen to the original version
Has anyone done this?

'knuckles rap musics are bad' Are you serious? His music are sick! The music fits with the levels. unknown M.E favorite knuckles song.
But that's just them who hates the music.

Cash Cash remix on 3ds sonic 3 final boss, they did so good with that one.

I prefer original Super Sonic Racing music

• Thumbs Up 1

'knuckles rap musics are bad' Are you serious? His music are sick! The music fits with the levels. unknown M.E favorite knuckles song.

But that's just them who hates the music.

Well, as I'm not a huge fan of rap in general, I would say, yeah, the rap music is bad.  But even for rap standards, the SA1 version of Unknown from M.E. was just droning during the rap sections.  I have to say though that I love the actual singing portions.  It's like a nice mix of jazz, hip hop, rock, and R&B.

In general, though, I really do enjoy the rap music in Sonic more than I do mainstream rap.  That is, I find it actually listenable.  That's all a matter of personal taste though.

• I'm not impressed by either version of Unknown from ME: I just find the lyrics and vocals really strange.
  • The Chaotix irritate me. I'm sure I'll get tons of shit for this, but Espio does nothing but brag about his ninja skills, and Charmy is extremely obnoxious, with a grating voice to top it off. I'm not too bothered by Vector, to be honest. I just hate his 4kids voice, who makes him sound like a high pitched idiot that can't run a detective agency. He sort of comes off like that in the other games as well, but at least he has voices I enjoy listening to in Heroes and Generations. At least he suspected the Time Eater was being controlled in Generations. Now, for anyone that is ready to rage at me for thinking this.....

tumblr_llx9ldsEpU1qd3ppyo1_500.jpg

Edited by Knightofthewind417

As best said by FTA of Find the Computer Room and Hellfire Comms:" Why would you replace Tj Davis' beautiful singing voice with auto tune shit?" I like Cash Cash, but their rendition of Super Sonic Racing is a massive disappointment.

Vocoder.

• Thumbs Up 3

The Generations version of For True Story as absolute trash.  They replaced all the actual musical parts of the song with disgusting electronic farting noises.

Cash Cash is okay, Reach for the stars, Speak with your heart, great songs. Crush 40, is just straight up good with sonic music.

Some will probably be surprised, but I actually enjoyed Sonic drift, when playing Sonic mega collection plus. I learned the controls pretty quickly which made it fun for me. I also liked the music.

But I can see why people hate it, the way it plays is just weird, and yet i'm use to it.

The only Cash Cash song I like is the Big Arms remix one from the 3DS...but to be fair, it's Jun Senoue who enhances it properly.

Akito, on 19 Apr 2013 - 10:18, said:Unpopular opinion: I don't like the Crush40 version of Sonic Boom :v

aw it's an awesome remix, but it's hard to say which version is better. old or new?

Edit: can't quote properly, on Wii U, I'll just stop.

...And yea they did remix speed highway, they did good on that one, though i never played SA1, i'm not sure if the original version is better, but i'm assuming it's not that much a difference since classic and modern versions were almost the same.

This one is probably popular, and it's mainly for spin-off titles, but is anyone tired of Seaside hill?
I'm starting to get bored of it. In transformed they at least changed the music and the way the level was designed, that didn't bother me.

Edited by jordine

Akito, on 19 Apr 2013 - 10:18, said:Unpopular opinion: I don't like the Crush40 version of Sonic Boom :v

aw sad.png it's an awesome remix, but it's hard to say which version is better. old or new?

I personally prefer the old.  I just like the vocal style and the music better.  But I mean, I don't -hate- the new version.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if this is popular or unpopular, but I pretty much love everything Cash Cash has contributed to Sonic music so far. Their vocal tracks are admittedly guilty pleasures, but still!

• Thumbs Up 2

aw it's an awesome remix, but it's hard to say which version is better. old or new?

Edit: can't quote properly, on Wii U, I'll just stop.

...And yea they did remix speed highway, they did good on that one, though i never played SA1, i'm not sure if the original version is better, but i'm assuming it's not that much a difference since classic and modern versions were almost the same.

This one is probably popular, and it's mainly for spin-off titles, but is anyone tired of Seaside hill?

I'm starting to get bored of it. In transformed they at least changed the music and the way the level was designed, that didn't bother me.

Classic's and moderns sounded really different...What versions were you listening to???blink.png huh.png

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't harbor any hatred toward Cash Cash's contributions either.  I have to say, I was a bit shocked at first, but now I'm actually growing to appreciate that they decided to go a different direction musically than blaring hard rock.

That being said, I love blaring hard rock, but I was kind of growing sick of it. :V

Okay, have to admit, Classic had abit of some tecno features and modern had abit of rock, but when i was playing through the stages, it felt like the same music until I really listened to both versions

The Generations version of For True Story as absolute trash.  They replaced all the actual musical parts of the song with disgusting electronic farting noises.

I disliked it at first as well, but it grew on me for some reason.

Original is still better, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, have to admit, Classic had abit of some tecno features and modern had abit of rock, but when i was playing through the stages, it felt like the same music until I really listened to both versions

I was mainly referring to the title themes.  Open Your Heart, Live and Learn, and all those are great songs, but I like that they decided to tone it down to something slightly more mellow (although the drumbeat in Reach For the Stars is probably anything but mellow, yet it compliments the song nicely).  They were just getting a little stale to me.

To be honest, I don't care for For True Story at all. In SA2, it seemed pretty unfitting seeing how boring the fight was. But in Generations, I guess it's okay since it fits more.

TBH, I I couldn't care for most of SA2's soundtrack. The only tracks I could say I like are Eternal Engine, Pyramid Cave, Meteor Herd, Wild Canyon, Crazy Gadget, and Eternal Engine (yes, it bears repeating). All the others I really couldn't care about. On the whole, I feel SA1 had a much better soundtrack.

Unpopular opinion: I don't like the Crush40 version of Sonic Boom :v

Same here. Crush 40's music is better when it's fully original, I've come to think. Their covers are generally meh to me.

The only Cash Cash song I like is the Big Arms remix one from the 3DS...but to be fair, it's Jun Senoue who enhances it properly.

That song was total bliss to hear live. I will definitely say it was one of the best Cash Cash remixes, though it figures it was Senoue who really did the bulk of the work.

Not sure if this is popular or unpopular, but I pretty much love everything Cash Cash has contributed to Sonic music so far. Their vocal tracks are admittedly guilty pleasures, but still!

My greatest peeve with Cash Cash is they've got some very nice, bright music that works well with the lighter tone the series has taken, but they REALLY need to stop being so dependent on the vocoder. I've heard Alex Makhlouf sing without it before and I think with some practice he could do just as fine with it. Plus, when Reach for the Stars was performed at Sonic Boom... it just fell so flat because John Paul's voice is so weird without the vocoder.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice