Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're both for the female demographic, more likely.

So what you're saying is that Amy is just a joke/parody character so girls can laugh at what most of them could be and some are(though not to the same extent).

Edited by Chrononego

Quite a lot of girls in the tween bracket can relate to her boy-craziness and energetic attitude. *shrug*

Sonic 06 is not horrible to me, just neutral in quality. I am quite forgiving of the glitches.

While I respect your opinion, most of 2006's problems come not from glitches, but from bad design choices. The awful story? Not a glitch. The character redesigns and portrayals? Not a glitch. The concept of the mach speed sections not working? Not a glitch. Broken mechanics by concept? Nope. I disagree with the statement that the game's main problem is the massive amount of bugs - we have games that are successful despite its technical issues. So what is the big problem with Sonic 2006? The horrid design. If it was completely bug-free it'd still be a ridiculous game.

Edited by Dr. Homem
  • Thumbs Up 4

I like Sonic X. I can't bear to watch any of the other cartoons.

(prolly because I can't stand Freedom Fighters or anything liddat)

• Thumbs Up 2

I like almost all Sonic games from main series. The only exception is Sonic Heroes and I don't know what to think about Sonic' 06. Choosing which Sonic game is my favorite for me is like choosing between PS3 and Xbox 360.

Also, I like Sonic X.

• 1 month later...

I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for saying this, but Roger Craig Smith is the worst (and most overrated) VA for Sonic. While his acting is okay, the voice itself is what bothers me; it doesn't sound like Sonic, but rather, a 30-40 year-old doing a surfer doing a Sonic impression. While we're at it, I might as well admit that I'm not a huge fan of Kirk Thornton's Shadow either.

*Jumps on an Item Box to get a Flame Shield*

• Thumbs Up 1

While we're at it, I might as well admit that I'm not a huge fan of Kirk Thornton's Shadow either.

Get in line, pal.

Unpopular Opinion:

I prefer the S3&K PC version's music for Carnival Night and Launch Base.

To me, the PC music for Carnival Night says, "Fun night out on the town" while the Genesis/MegaDrive version says, "HERE COME DA CLOWNS".  For Launch Base, I feel the PC music better fits the "Stop Eggman from launching the Death Egg" theme of the stage whereas the Genesis/MegaDrive music feels more appropriate for an African safari or something.  Plus that "GO!GO!GO!" crap grates on my nerves after only a minute and I have to hit the mute button to keep my sanity intact.

For Ice Cap, I consider it a draw.  The Genesis/MegaDrive version gives off a "frozen wasteland" feel and better fits the underground cavern portion of the stage whereas the PC version says "winter wonderland" and better fits the brighter topside.

Unpopular Opinion:

I prefer the S3&K PC version's music for Carnival Night and Launch Base.

To me, the PC music for Carnival Night says, "Fun night out on the town" while the Genesis/MegaDrive version says, "HERE COME DA CLOWNS".  For Launch Base, I feel the PC music better fits the "Stop Eggman from launching the Death Egg" theme of the stage whereas the Genesis/MegaDrive music feels more appropriate for an African safari or something.  Plus that "GO!GO!GO!" crap grates on my nerves after only a minute and I have to hit the mute button to keep my sanity intact.

For Ice Cap, I consider it a draw.  The Genesis/MegaDrive version gives off a "frozen wasteland" feel and better fits the underground cavern portion of the stage whereas the PC version says "winter wonderland" and better fits the brighter topside.

For me, the "African Safari" aspect of the MD/GEN Launch Base theme represents what was once there. When you take away the Death Egg under construction, you're left with a lake, greenery and some funky looking pyramids in the distance. The more "modern" sounding instruments such as the twangy guitar and the "Go!" drums seem to represent the construction site obscuring the lake and greenery. That's why I mostly did away with the guitars and such and expanded on the "African Safari" aspects in my "Past" remix of Launch Base.

I may be looking a bit too deep into it, though.

As for Carnival Night, I'll admit I haven't really listened to the PC version, though there's something I like about the mildly demented MD/GEN version.

Classic Planet Wisp is a shitty remix, but a really awesome techno track anyway. Modern's remix is very similar but I love the added "kick" it has, and the added stuff in the part before it loops back over.

Starlight Carnival in the Wii version of Colours, is, once you get past the neon light show feel of it, by FAR the weakest zone in the game (I feel it kind of unfair to put Terminal Velocity here as it's not a full zone and it's just going forward as a gimmick). Starlight Carnival's running sections go on so long and some of them are so automated, but after that it's like they didn't know what to do so they just shove you indoors using Cube and eugh so boring. It only really has 2 major acts as well (1 and 5), everything else is gimmicky.

Compare this to say Planet Wisp or Aquarium Park, where there's 3 of each respectively, and even Asteroid Coaster's gimmick acts help add to the zone because you've got the one where you just run round killing motobugs in a funny change of pace, and another where you start out near the goal ring and have to backtrack with the wisps to complete the level.

On Sonic 2006, i honestly can't see how anybody can like it. Don't get me wrong, if you feel you got your monies worth, great. I wish i could say the same.

on Amy, i really like her. Sure, the games have really gone overboard on the "stalker" thing. For me, Amy is best represented in the archie comics, at least she's slightly more than just an annoying love interest for Sonic. I guess having Sally in the comic probably helps in that aspect.

Oh and i really like Sonic X, i didn't even think Chris was that bad as so many do for some reason. I do prefer SATAM though.

Unpopular opinion: The mini-bosses ruin S3K for me, after reaching the end of a stupidly long Act I just want to advance to the next stage not risk whatever lives I may have left fighting a boss knowing that I've got an even stronger 'main' boss waiting for me at the end of the next Act. I know some of them aren't exactly difficult but I feel like I really spoils the pacing of the game.

I kinda like the Green Hill Zone music from Sonic Chronicles.

It's a good composition, it's just killed by the instruments.

I like Sonic Chronicles and I don't understand when people say that the characters act out of character in the game. After all the characters have never been consistent between the games.

I'm sorry, the whole "The games have never been consistent with writing" is not a good defense for Chronicles's shitty characterization. It's basically another way of saying 'Well, since we're not going to make sense out of this mess, let's make up our own shit' thus adding to the inconsistency. I expect stories in video games to be both good and consistent with it's characters.

Chronicles just didn't do that for me.

Sonic and the gang wanting Eggman dead? When did this happen? They never considered taking the man's life before and why now?

Amy making up a boyfriend as a means to get Sonic jealous? How is such a ploy going to make me like Amy more as a character when her advances with Sonic are a turn-off to begin with? 

If that's not considered OOC, then shoot me dead.

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 6

I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for saying this, but Roger Craig Smith is the worst (and most overrated) VA for Sonic. While his acting is okay, the voice itself is what bothers me; it doesn't sound like Sonic, but rather, a 30-40 year-old doing a surfer doing a Sonic impression. While we're at it, I might as well admit that I'm not a huge fan of Kirk Thornton's Shadow either.

I really like Roger's Sonic voice despite the fact that I feel that it's WAY too old sounding. He has the best acting ability of any English VA for Sonic and the way he didn't entirely grasp Sonic in Colours is what I think is due to a poor script and questionable direction.

I don't understand why people still say that Roger Craig Smith's Sonic voice sounds too old. Yeah it sounds kinda old in Colors when he first started adjusting into the role as Sonic but in Generations it's a lot more high pitched and 'Sonicy like'.

This cutscene is a good example of that and he sounds like that in the majority of the cutscenes in the game.

But all and all, I still prefer his work in Colors and even in Free Riders. I think he makes Sonic sound more handsome and badass. tongue.png

Edited by sonfan1984

I don't see what people mean when they say Roger Craig Smith is too "old" sounding.  There are lots of 15-18 year olds who have deep voices like that.

That being said, I didn't like Roger's work in Colors.  I thought he sounded great in the Alton Towers promo and was pretty good in Generations.  In Colors, though, his line reading was flat and he didn't sound like he was even trying to be Sonic.  I still like it better than this, though:

Sonic and the gang wanting Eggman dead? When did this happen? They never considered taking the man's life before and why now?

When did Sonic want Robotnik dead? It's been awhile since I played Sonic Chronicles but I don't remember them saying that they want Robotnik dead.

Do you have any dialog from the game that supports this?

• Thumbs Up 1

What I hate most about Roger Craig Smith is that he came in JUST after I got used to Jason Griffith. I liked Griffith's work in Unleashed and such and made my peace with his portrayal. Then surprise, he's gone.

By precedent alone, we can expect Roger to be gone by 2014-15. Fortunately Drummond and Griffith's departures were both motivated by the economics of a single company. So we're likely to see him for much longer.

I've warmed up to him definitely. It's Kirk Thornton who I would like to get rid of, by a HUGE amount. Whereas Griffith and Smith had their good Sonic portrayals, I have hated every Shadow portrayal since David Humphrey's.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't have much problems with Colours!Roger, actually. Or at least any prominent ones.

• Thumbs Up 2

When did Sonic want Robotnik dead? It's been awhile since I played Sonic Chronicles but I don't remember them saying that they want Robotnik dead.

Do you have any dialog from the game that supports this?

The website states that Sonic and co worked with GUN in order to take down Eggman once and for all in a pre-meditated attack

2vkypmp.png

At any mention or implication at Eggman's survival, the characters make it clear that they hope it isn't so and dead-set themselves on taking him out again.

Edited by Vertekins

I don't see why it's a big deal. Sonic and the others put Dr Robotnik's life in danger in every game. And what's wrong with them hoping that he's dead. The guy tries to murder them and has killed people before. So I don't see the problem.

• Thumbs Up 1