Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

So, here's some official art of Super. Fat Beerus and female Whis! 8D

1mTQxaX.png

• Thumbs Up 4

Is that Beerus and Whis from one of the other universes?

Well, this should be interesting. I do want to see what they do with all the multiverse stuff since they brought it up in Battle of Gods.

Also seems like everyone's sporting their Battle of Gods designs, so I guess Resurrection F is further down the timeline then?

Notice how Goku and Vegeta don't have the same training uniform they had in Revival of F.

Yep this is totally before the new movie.

So, just to clear up the timeline, because Goten and Trunks not visibly aging has sort of mucked things up for me:

-Jump 2008 Special: One year after the defeat of Buu.

-Battle of Gods: Five or six years following the defeat of Buu (EDIT: If Pan is four at the end of Z, then BoG has to take place six years after Buu's defeat).

-Super: Presumably three years after Battle of Gods since that's when Beerus wanted to be awakened, and he's active here. EDIT: Must take place shortly after BoG... so Beerus was awakened early, then.

-Resurrection F (possibly a year or so after Super--Pan is still a baby)

-Bra is born... somewhere around here.

-End of the manga/DBZ is 10 years following the defeat of Buu/ Four years after Super (maybe ?).

-GT takes place five years after the end (though you can take or leave it, it technically hasn't been replaced or removed by the above events).

That about right?

EDIT: I can't do math apparently. Correct me since this is the part of the timeline that throws me off every single time.

Edited by Zaysho

Remember that Videl is pregnant in BoG, so if RoF somehow takes place around four years afterwards then Pan wouldn't still be a baby, would she? o_o

Remember that Videl is pregnant in BoG, so if RoF somehow takes place around four years afterwards then Pan wouldn't still be a baby, would she? o_o

The end of Z takes place four years after BoG since Pan is four (I believe) when she's introduced. I'm assuming RoF takes place a year after the events of BoG/Super.

EDIT: Oh shit wait, I see where I messed up.

My bad. Thanks, Nepenthe!

Cripes Dragon Ball Wiki does not help matters by citing the other movies (all of which are of dubious canonicity anyway) and video game stuff (Battle of Z).

Edited by Zaysho

I can't say I will enjoy it as much if this series takes place before RoF.

Especially if fat Beerus is the enemy Goku has to face, since it would mean that Frieza would become more powerful than an alternative universe God of Destruction down the line.

I can't say I will enjoy it as much if this series takes place before RoF.

Especially if fat Beerus is the enemy Goku has to face, since it would mean that Frieza would become more powerful than an alternative universe God of Destruction down the line.

No, seriously, why do Goten and Trunks still look like young children? Shouldn't they be in their early teens at this point?

Don't get me wrong, I'm still hyped for this show finally being a thing, but it's like they want to give the kids the shaft here...

• Thumbs Up 1

No, seriously, why do Goten and Trunks still look like young children? Shouldn't they be in their early teens at this point?

Don't get me wrong, I'm still hyped for this show finally being a thing, but it's like they want to give the kids the shaft here...

Well, both Goku and Gohan looked like kids in their early teens until the former got a major growth spurt at the end of the original DB and the latter had his time in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, so I assume Saiyans have rather late puberties.

Yeah, considering the sudden growth spurts experienced by Goku and Gohan, and given that Saiyans do seem to age at a slower rate, it sorta makes sense. Annoying, sure, but I can at least sorta buy it. Though Trunks is an odd case because his future self aged visibly rather quickly (if Trunks is meant to be about twelve or thirteen here, he should be a bit taller by now).

Chalk it up to Toriyama weirdness, I guess.

Well, both Goku and Gohan looked like kids in their early teens until the former got a major growth spurt at the end of the original DB and the latter had his time in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, so I assume Saiyans have rather late puberties.

Gohan didn't. He was taller at 10.

The fat Beerus is from an alternate timeline where the fight with Buu over the pudding never happened and he ended up gorging himself. Calling it xD

• Thumbs Up 1

no-one thinking it might just be someone else from Beerus' species?

Mama Beerus?

Not really, unless all of his species has a companion from the species Whis is.

Was thinking more that his species may be the ones in charge of being Gods of Destruction, like how you had the Shin-jin, and in the same way Whis' race may be tasked with training the Gods of Destruction

but it was just me wondering, it's more likely to be multiverse stuff

Episode 01 plot:

After defeating Majin Buu, life is peaceful once again. Ordered by Chi-chi to earn money, Goku works even as he wants to train even more. Meanwhile, Goten, about to become a brother-in-law to Videl, sets out on a journey with Trunks to find her a present.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-17/dragon-ball-super-anime-story-details-unveiled/.89372

Well... Uh.... It explains why Goten and Trunks look exactly the same as during the Buu saga, I guess?

'And I guess these are the character designs:

screen-shot-2015-06-15-at-2.56.50-pm.png

screen-shot-2015-06-15-at-2.57.03-pm.png

Eesh, is it me or does Gohan look middle aged? It looks like he's got baggy eyes and greying hair!

Nah, it's just the lighting and the lines under the eyes, many of the other characters have the same thing.

Seeing Krillin in that outfit keeps reminding me that he's supposed to eventually take over the Turtle School, according to DBO. Tien does the same with the Crane School, and Goten and Trunks start and swordfighting style mixed with ki. And that's after Gohan writes a book on ki, basically causing pretty much all of humanity to collectively start learning how to use ki.

Eesh, is it me or does Gohan look middle aged? It looks like he's got baggy eyes and greying hair!

Considering all the events that happened in his life since the age of 4, I'd say this makes a fair bit of sense.

• Thumbs Up 6