Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

It legit makes me smile to see fans have made covers of the theme song; this is just one of several. It sure will be easier to memorize this than all the Japanese. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Still waiting for the full version of Limit Break X Survivor >:U

Chouzetsu Dynamic came out in october, around 6 months after Super began airing, so I hope by august we'll see the full theme.

• Thumbs Up 1

RaA87qb.gif

HHZJXtT.gif

So much EEEEEEEEE from me in response to this. Any more and I'd be a FNAF jumpscare.

So it looks like the top 4 universes' Gods are gathering to do a battle royale to kick off the Tournament. Gene is conspicuously absent from this battle preview, but it could be he'll join in and just isn't confirmed just yet.

On the other hand, maybe he's just that powerful he can't participate.

Anyway, I'm a Liquir fanboy so I'm quite excited to see where this goes.

It is a great idea on Zen-Oh's part, though. The Gods of Destruction normally can't fight because they'll destroy any universes involved. The void, on the other hand, has nothing to destroy, and so it's a perfect place for Gods to have their own Exhibition match. I wonder if Beerus and Champa would ask to borrow it if they both survive?

I do like how Roh was horrified at the idea of letting Frieza join Universe 9. I can't entirely blame him; assuming Universe 9 came out on top, how do they stop someone who is so powerful even Sidra might be unable to destroy him? He'd be free to rampage through Universe 9 without Zen-Oh to contain him.

It is good to see Frieza is already plotting his next big move. He's not content to be number 2 to anyone, and I wouldn't be surprised if he will try to find a way to neutralize Zen-Oh the moment he learns the latter exists. Though this could actually be his downfall; he could be so cocky about withstanding Sidra that it leads him to underestimate Zen-Oh's power.

P.S.

aDNM9cG.png

Guys, Liquir is smiling for a change. Forget a missing tenth fighter; this is an emergency!

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh, in the preview I noticed something.

Spoiler

Look at that guy. The clothes he's wearing are like Goku's when he got home from space. So I guess he's from Yardrat. Goku said they were not very strong but had weird techniques (like Instant Transmission for one). Wonder which universe also has Yardrat?

Spoiler

Universe 6, right?

That makes 8 members for them. I wonder who else is there for them.

Welp new manga chapter is up and boy... This one is a doozy, we're reaching the conclusion FINALLY and we can now clearly see what was Toei's doing and what was on Toriyama's original idea.

Spoiler

Goku and Zamasu are still duking it out, the battle is brutal and pretty awesome, it's not the epic in grand scale the fight against Merged Zamasu was in the anime, yet it's much more brutal and personal, with both fighters at their limits, full of wounds and having no room to breathe.

Vegeta points out that Zamasu is at his limit too, just like in the anime, his power output is fucking his body up hard, because he's giving it no room to regenerate or control the power. Meanwhile, Goku charges all his ki into his hand, preparing for the final attack, as Vegeta puts it, if it fails, it's over.

And so we reach the big controversial moment:

Goku does the Hakai against Zamasu

It's not a similar technique, it's specifically said to be the Hakai, he says ''destruction'', points the palm of his hand at Zamasu and he begins turning into dust, Goku even apologizes to Beerus for stealing his move.

Zamasu, having none of that, grabs Mai as a hostage so Goku can't finish him off, and with that, Goku's out of power, and is knocked down. Merged Zamasu prepares to finish it all, enraged by having to stoop so low to beat a mortal, he plans destroying the planet, no, the Universe, and then make sure NO mortal is ever born again. However, just as he prepares to do so, his fusion breaks. It's been a full hour.

But something's up, he's become half Zamasu, half black, glued together by some gooey mass. Gowasu explains that because the two are one and the same, the fusion bonded them on a celular level, not only that, but  they're forcing the fusion to stick, through sheer willpower.

Trunks, taking the chance, bisects what once was Merged Zamasu, finally breaking the fusion and knocking both Zamasu and Black down. And then, Trunks stabs the unconscious Black, seemingly killing him.

However, Black shoots him in the back, knocking Trunks out, he then takes the sword out of his chest and breaks it, and then both Black and Zamasu turns back into Merged Zamasu. 

They begin beating Goku up, but Vegeta shows up and saves him, using a new attack, Gamma Burst Flash (Think Piccolo's Light Grenade) to blast the two Merged Zamasus (Zamasi?) to pieces.

And the chapter ends with him going full Majin Buu and each piece becoming a new Merged Zamasu.

So what the fuck happened? It Seems like Trunks didn't break the fusion, by splitting Black and Zamasu, he fucked up their fusion even further, now both Black and Zamasu have a part of the other, so they both turned back into Merged Zamasu, and the regeneration went apeshit after it.

But now we have a clear connection to the anime, Trunks, in both versions using his sword, bisected Merged Zamasu, and as a result, at first it seemed like they did it, but Merged Zamasu came back, his immortality going haywire, and so he became unkillable.

Zen'O's coming next month for sure. And now we can tell the Final Hope Slash WAS indeed Toei's idea, which I honestly prefer, asspull and rushed nature aside.

• Thumbs Up 1

Toei may have bungled a few plot points here and there, but they  at least have a better grasp of telling a story than Toyotaro. He seems to be over-complicating things at every turn. Unless he's under pressure to deviate significantly from what Toei's doing, I don't really understand why he keeps writing it this way.

I think he's doing it on purpose to keep interest on the manga. If he were to just straight up follow the anime's idea the manga would become redundant, by doing this, he not only gets to have fun with the plot, fix possible mistakes the anime did, and change things up, keeping readers guessing.

15 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Huh, in the preview I noticed something.

Hide contents

Look at that guy. The clothes he's wearing are like Goku's when he got home from space. So I guess he's from Yardrat. Goku said they were not very strong but had weird techniques (like Instant Transmission for one). Wonder which universe also has Yardrat?

In theory, he could still be from Universe 7. If Frieza leaves the team and they recruit someone at the site of the Tournament, who better than a Yardrat person who accidentally Instant Transmission'd in?

Spoiler

Nah, there's literally no time for Freeza to ditch the team now, if he does so, he'll be either destroyed by Beerus or by Zen'O with the rest of U7.

The Yardrat guy is probably from U6, will be interesting to see what other moves he has, since Vegeta mentioned the people of Yardrat developed many useful techniques, but Goku only had time to learn the Instant Transmission.

Now I wonder if the U6 team will have Namekians

Just now, Ratcicle King said:
  Hide contents

Nah, there's literally no time for Freeza to ditch the team now, if he does so, he'll be either destroyed by Beerus or by Zen'O with the rest of U7.

So was the synopsis and title for Episode 96 a giant fakeout?

Not sure if should be angry or not if so.

Spoiler

We already got conflicting titles, the main thing is tho', going by the now fake leaks, next episode is supposed to be the one where they have to look for a new fighter and Freeza jumps ship to U4. And then ONLY after that one, the tournament begins, that won't work considering next episode we clearly see everyone at the arena. And the tournament is implied to begin at the end of next week. Plus we got the official titles and they conflict with the fake ones hard, other than one title being almost exactly the same.

I know this is about a DBZ Mobile game rather than the anime (the game's thread is pretty dead), but I wanted to share some great art from the game.

These are "LRs" arts, the most powerful and rare cards in the game:

Spoiler

o7Zvktm_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

aT7rqgM_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

DWlQb46_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

z1GFt2E_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

u3xx1nlnyp4z.jpg

(There are more, but I can't add them right now)

• Thumbs Up 5

Well, I thought it's not since it's Dragon Ball related but oh well. If any mod tells me to edit the post I will.

Well dragon ball yes but line of chat has been basically super based.

Anyway back to super. I'm sure whis knows freeza was lying.  will there be a arc after this I wonder.

That wasn't off topic. What are you talking about? This is the Dragon Ball thread, DiamondX posted about Dragon Ball.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Anyway back to super. I'm sure whis knows freeza was lying.  will there be a arc after this I wonder.

As memory serves, we have at least 10 volumes confirmed with 12 episodes each, for 120 total.

We're at 96 episodes as of next week, but I think it's a safe bet there are more in the works. These are just the episodes being bundled for release.

6 hours ago, Lord Liquir (Ogilvie) said:

As memory serves, we have at least 10 volumes confirmed with 12 episodes each, for 120 total.

We're at 96 episodes as of next week, but I think it's a safe bet there are more in the works. These are just the episodes being bundled for release.

So another 27 episodes sbpit?

I doubt Super has an end in mind, yes, they did mention they're building up to the End of Z, but they can take as long as they want until it, especially since Super's becoming more and more popular worldwide.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was thinking lately that it'd be cool if they made a special/OVA or whatever about that Yamcha spin off manga.

I mean how can they top a universe arc though? Be pretty tough I'd figure unless they fight the angels

They don't have to top it tho', the stories can focus on different things, we barely saw much of the other universes, plus the four ''stronger'' universes, and there's still enough stories to continue in U7 itself.