Awoo.

What is the all-time worst Sonic game?

Bright Eyes

The physics we're shit. The level design was shit. The bosses we're shit. The time travel mechanic would have been cool if the level design weren't shit. The bonus stages we're....okay, actually. Why do people like this game again?

Well, I liked the level design. The music is great (especially the US version, suck it), time traveling is cool, the bosses are unique and fun, and Metal Sonic.

Also, I didn't notice the physics being notably different.

Edited by Ladies' Man Wario

The physics we're shit. The level design was shit. The bosses we're shit. The time travel mechanic would have been cool if the level design weren't shit. The bonus stages we're....okay, actually. Why do people like this game again?

Oh yeah, the intro.

Whoa that's a bit over the top!

How are the physics bad? I didn't notice much difference (but then again I'm not a hardcore Sonic player so I could be wrong about this).

I don't think the level design is bad. I didn't like the fact that it was so vertical but I wouldn't say it was that bad.

Oh and why do people like the game?

Because of the music :P

Well, I liked the level design. The music is great (especially the US version, suck it), time traveling is cool, the bosses are unique and fun, and Metal Sonic.

It was a bit too blocky for a Sonic game. It felt like a Mario game. The music is indeed good, but what Sonic game doesn't have good music? The bosses we're either boringly easy(Most of them) or horribly designed(Fucking Metal Sonic and the final boss.)

It was a bit too blocky for a Sonic game. It felt like a Mario game. The music is indeed good, but what Sonic game doesn't have good music? The bosses we're either boringly easy(Most of them) or horribly designed(Fucking Metal Sonic and the final boss.)

-coughcoughmaybethat'swhyitwassogoodcoughcough-

• Thumbs Up 3

Whoa that's a bit over the top!

How are the physics bad? I didn't notice much difference (but then again I'm not a hardcore Sonic player so I could be wrong about this).

I don't think the level design is bad. I didn't like the fact that it was so vertical but I wouldn't say it was that bad.

Oh and why do people like the game?

Because of the music tongue.png

The physics were practically identical to Sonic 1, the only difference was that CD had some slightly weird collision detection, but even that was a minor issue. Also with the rerelease, that 'problem' is gone.

The music in this one is really good though.

As for the time-travelling gimmick, that's what makes me love the game. Yes it's rather terribly implemented but making good futures in the game gives it a sense of identity.

I'll give you that the bosses are terrible. I liked the Metal Sonic one though.

Edited by Bright Eyes

Time's had changed.

The games were getting worse.

They'd lost all semblance to momentum,

And speed could be had in easy bursts.

Should we blame the obvious?

Or blame the other three?

Or should we blame what Sega wanted to see?

NO!

Blame Advance 3! Blame Advance 3!

The start of cheap enemy spots,

There sure were an awful lot.

The levels always brought you to a halt,

It's Advance 3's fault.

Don't blame Rush

For the crappy level plans.

Advance 3 started it all

With it's short attention span.

We all once had trophies

For Dimps up on our shelves.

But now we all tell them to go fuck themselves!

Well, blame Advance 3!

Blame Advance 3!

The franchise was doing great and chugging along

Before Advance 3 came along.

It's hardly even a real Sonic game anyway.

Sonic Gens on the DS might have been great! It is true.

Instead it was lazy piece of shit that we all had to chew!

Could it have been the budget?

Did someone important retire?

Or did Dimps simply lack the skill required?

HECK NO!

With all that teamwork hullabaloo

And shitty abilities system too.

Blame Advance 3! Shame on Advance 3 for...

The bits that were shit.

The cash it has smashed

The damage in tons which must be undone.

We must blame it and cause a spat

Before someone thinks of not blaming that!

• Thumbs Up 9

Advance 3 is actually my favorite game out of the entire triology. Yeah, some folks will want to tar and feather me for saying that. Part of the reason I like it because of the music and I find it to be more atmospheric than the other two games.

Why did this game show up on the 2nd page? This should have been the very first reply to this topic. Nothing in this game represents sonic at all. It was a disgrace for sega to even release this game. Sure 2006, Shuffle, Shadow and the 2 Riders games were bad. But Labyrinth was the worst of the worst. The minute I started the game up, I lost brain cells. The second I pasted the 1st stage, I turned the game off and threw the nearest thing to me at a wall. It was terrible. I was ashamed to be a Sonic fan after touching that game.

Sad part is that out of all the fucking Sonic games on the Gamegear, Sega decided that Labyrinth and Blast, the 2 most panned GG Sonic games, should be rereleased on the eShop. At least we've got Triple Trouble...

You know, Tornado's Advance 3 song seems somewhat familiar...

Oh yeah, the intro.

the physics we are shit what?

were*

extra apostrophes is a pet peeve.

As for worst Sonic game, out of what I've played definitely 06 or ShTh. Saying advance 3 or CD is just ridiculous, even if you don't like them they're still mostly competent games. Unlike the other two.

• Thumbs Up 6

My worst game is Sonic 06.

I liked all the Sonic Advance games. I didn't mind Chronicles all that much either.

And hey, remember Sonic Battle? That was a good game!

Well, IGN-score wise Unleashed is the worst main one. It got below a 4. Yep.

Replying to TC's question, it's either Labyrinth or 3D Blast.

Honestly, unlike the other bad Sonic games, I literally derived NO fun from these whatsoever. Literally every second felt like a chore. At least 06 had a great soundtrack and was unintentionally hilarious, and (flame shield up) I could occasionally see what they were going for with ideas that ended up poorly implemented (e.g some of the level design, if it was not plagued with glitches). But 3D blast should never have even been conceived. It's so freaking boring, to a mind-numbing extent.

Sonic 2 game gear version is the worst Sonic game ever made. That first boss, the claw thing that shoots ball bearings and when you try to avoid them you end up sliding down the hill into its claws leading to insta-death because there are no rings! I never give up on a Sonic game but that was too much to take which is a shame because from what I hear I'm missing out on a decent game where Tails is may or may not be killed by Robotnik in the bad ending.

P.S Thanks to JezMM for sending me a playlist of remixes of the soundtrack, loving those tunes!

Sonic 2 game gear version is the worst Sonic game ever made. That first boss, the claw thing that shoots ball bearings and when you try to avoid them you end up sliding down the hill into its claws leading to insta-death because there are no rings! I never give up on a Sonic game but that was too much to take which is a shame because from what I hear I'm missing out on a decent game where Tails is may or may not be killed by Robotnik in the bad ending.

P.S Thanks to JezMM for sending me a playlist of remixes of the soundtrack, loving those tunes!

Well, you're missing out on such things as:

-Proto-Toot Toot Sonic Warrior in Green Hills.

-Cheating Bastard Pipes Episode 1 in Scrambled Egg.

-Classic Steelion as the Aqua Lake boss.

-The only ever Act that ends by going left.

-Trying to time your jump just right to avoid the final boss' flower-shaped projeciles.

-A surprisingly bright-coloured final zone.

-Paragliders before Rush made it cool.

-Realising that getting to the Green Hills boss in Act 3 is harder than the boss itself.

Shame too, it isn't too bad at all I reckon.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 3

Sonic 2 Game Gear is weird as hell. It starts with a really dismal lava zone (which is one of the most annoying zones in the game just because you're expecting something easy), then goes to proto-Hill Top with the most frustrating hang-gliders ever (even 06's stupidly short and pointless sections sandwiched by loading screens aren't this bad), then the water level, and THEN you finally get Green Hills. Then it ends with a crystalline zone for some arbitrary reason.

The difficulty is all over the place too. Underground is a pretty hard zone to start off on with an insane boss, Sky High is still balls hard but much less annoying, Aqua Lake is piss apart from Act 2's entirely underwater bubble-floating shrimp-hitting tube-flowing craziness. But yet it has possibly the easiest emerald and by far the easiest boss. Then Green Hills is piss right until Act 3 which is bullshit, Gimmick Mountain is tough but of mostly normal difficulty apart from the emerald which requires you to go through a fake wall, and then Scrambled Egg is trial and error of the highest caliber. Mecha Sonic there is easy enough though. Crystal Egg is one of the easiest levels in the game until the final boss.

Schizophrenic difficulty at it's most, folks.

I think ultimately it's more fun than not fun but Underground is such a terrible way to start the game. There are much easier zones later on. But Scrambled Egg Zone is one of the most frustrating zones in any Sonic game.

Edited by Semi-colon e

My least favourite game is Sonic 06 followed by Sonic Heroes!

I must say that I really hate playing Heroes. I know it's by no means the worst Sonic game ever made. Heroes is a game I used to quite like, but I have got to the stage that I enjoy playing Shadow The Hedgehog a lot more. Heroes is just a mess of a game. The special stages are ridiculous, and cheap deaths aplenty. The team co-op (which whilst being a nice idea) just gets frustrating after a while. I don't really like the graphics much either. The soundtrack doesn't do much for me. Having to play and complete the game with four different teams to get the last story just drives me insane.

Edited by NightwingFox

Song

No idea why so many people hate Advance 3. It's nothing special, but it certainly wasn't a bad game.

Teams were hella more fun in it than they were in Heroes.

No idea why so many people hate Advance 3. It's nothing special, but it certainly wasn't a bad game.

Teams were hella more fun in it than they were in Heroes.

Neither do I to be honest. As said, it's a decent game. Sure it has a fair share of problems such as physics feeling a little off (mainly the jump acceleration), a handful of really dud levels (Chaos Angel Act 3 being the lamest penultimate level of all time), some of the worst badnik and spike placement in the series, tedious way to obtain the Chaos Emeralds and crusher traps up the wazoo but hey when it comes down to it the game was still decent. It was fun, there was still a good sense of pace (and although they're a bit off they still get the job done better than say Sonic 4), there were some cool level gimmicks, good boss fights, great soundtrack and some nice team gimmicks. Furthermore, the hub for me was the perfect size. I don't quite see how people can get lost in it. It's really quite small and pretty linear.

I'd rank it (like you said a few pages ago) as one of the worst "decent" Sonic games though.

Worst of all time? 06 definitely. I don't feel I need to justify why. I and everyone else has done so numerous times and it's getting somewhat tiresome.