Awoo.

What is the all-time worst Sonic game?

Bright Eyes

No I mean the fact the game never happened. While it's good for erasing the game it's a kick in the face after playing that stupid last level that is glitchy to fuck with the black holes.

OMG I hated those levels!! Just when you think you're okay and you're around one it's like "GET BACK HERE!!" aaand you're dead. Again. For the 1000th time. That and when you're trying to do Knuckles' mission you can't get off the freakin wall to go hit the orb thing to reset the field.

250px-Sonic_Labyrinth_Coverart.png

Sonic. Labyrinth.

Why did this game show up on the 2nd page? This should have been the very first reply to this topic. Nothing in this game represents sonic at all. It was a disgrace for sega to even release this game. Sure 2006, Shuffle, Shadow and the 2 Riders games were bad. But Labyrinth was the worst of the worst. The minute I started the game up, I lost brain cells. The second I pasted the 1st stage, I turned the game off and threw the nearest thing to me at a wall. It was terrible. I was ashamed to be a Sonic fan after touching that game.

-facepalm- If there was no effort, then the game wouldn't have functioned at all. Kingdom Valley was nearly perfect for what it was worth, so they did something right. I like 06'. Some people don't. IT'S OKAY ERMAHGERSH.

1% is better than 0%. That doesn't change anything. And anyways, I still had many problems with Kingdom Valley, aesthetically pleasing as it was.

Really, the fact that "some" effort was put into 2006 is actually in itself yet another reason why I take even ShtH over it. Again, at least that one was doomed to begin with, but 06 could have been great.

It's not quite smash the television screen like people make out.

To you.

It isn't (or rather, wasn't... well done on seeing the error of your ways (I'm joking, anyone's free to like it provided they don't go insane over it)) television screen-smashing bad to you.

But it was to others.

Like me.

In fact, I think it's scientifically proven that the game forces you to punch a puppy.

Why did this game show up on the 2nd page? This should have been the very first reply to this topic. Nothing in this game represents sonic at all. It was a disgrace for sega to even release this game. Sure 2006, Shuffle, Shadow and the 2 Riders games were bad. But Labyrinth was the worst of the worst. The minute I started the game up, I lost brain cells. The second I pasted the 1st stage, I turned the game off and threw the nearest thing to me at a wall. It was terrible. I was ashamed to be a Sonic fan after touching that game.

I've never even heard Labrynth to be honest. :s

Sonic Riders was okay >.> It wasn't till Zero Gravity that I got frustrated. Then came Free Riders. That games is ooookay... but I don't have the money to go buy a Kinect. Also, the turning is so awkward. You have to keep jumping around to get it to even turn.

I've never even heard Labrynth to be honest. :s

Sonic Riders was okay >.> It wasn't till Zero Gravity that I got frustrated. Then came Free Riders. That games is ooookay... but I don't have the money to go buy a Kinect. Also, the turning is so awkward. You have to keep jumping around to get it to even turn.

Sonic Labyrinth will destroy your soul!

No one's even mentioned Sonic Rivals lol does that mean they weren't bad or no one played them? XD

I've personally never played them, but a lot of people said they were "okay".

No one's even mentioned Sonic Rivals lol does that mean they weren't bad or no one played them? XD

Let me tell you this.

Sonic Rivals, and Sonic Rivals 2 are the epitome of hold right to win. Though, the music is decent.

Sonic Rivals? That's a funny way to spell Sonic Advance 2.

Edited by Indigo Rush

I've played them and I think their both pretty decent games overall just decent really...the music is okay too, I personally liked Rivals 2 more.

Edited by Red Wisp

To be honest, the music in both Rivals all sounded the same to me. Aside from a few tiny touches, I couldn't tell one from the other. The only ones I could recognise (and liked) were the boss tracks.

To be honest, the music in both Rivals all sounded the same to me. Aside from a few tiny touches, I couldn't tell one from the other. The only ones I could recognise (and liked) were the boss tracks.

The boss music was the same in both games except I think it was remixed in Rivals 2. I liked it along with Race To Win(BC), Neon Palace, Meteor Base and Mystic Haunt. I thought the rest of the tracks were decent.

Edited by Red Wisp

So, since all of the good answers have been taken, I'm going to pick the worst actually decent Sonic game (thus eliminating Shadow, 06, Skypatrol, and Labyrinth).

Now, disregarding the GG titles, as I can't bring myself to play all the way through them, it's between either Sonic Adventure or Sonic Heroes (with Sonic 1 close behind). Sonic Adventure has aged so painfully bad that I can barely play it. The only reason I manage to drag out the old thing is because you can play as Metal in Sonic's stages. The voice acting is terribad, the cutscenes are painful to watch, the collision is horrible, the physics are meh at best, and the animations suuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

But then there's Sonic Heroes. Sonic Heroes is...eugh. Ever wonder the wrong way to revive a semi-dead character? Look at Sonic Heroes. Not only that, the writing is PAINFUL. Like, literally, physically painful. "Super power of teamwork"? "Date to die for"? The movesets are mostly useless and confusing (you use Rocket Accel, like, once and Blue/Black/Ninja/Heart/Car-Carrying Tornado for the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER), enemies take forever to die (not helped by the zero-fun combat system), the bosses are stupidly annoying tests of endurance, and, worst of all, Metal Sonic turns into a goddamn dragon at the end of it.

A robot hedgehog... (bear with me now) ...that turns into a fucking robot dragon. Metal Overlord, to this day, fills me with "what is this I don't even".

So yeah. I can't possibly choose between those two. But they're the worst, in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

Worst game ever? Sonic fucking Labyrinth. Sonic having to slow down because Eggman jacked his kicks is the lamest plot device ever.

Not to mention the implications - Eggman got close enough to his enemy to take shit from him. He could have very well snuffed him out permanently, but noooo. Let's take his sneaks and see how well he fares? Jeez.

"That'll be a date to die for!"

"Hey, that's my line!"

WHEN HAS SONIC EVER SAID THIS IN ANY OTHER GAME EVER

Ya know, that might have been better if Shadow said "Sayonara, Sonic the Hedgehog".

• Thumbs Up 2

Worst game ever? Sonic fucking Labyrinth. Sonic having to slow down because Eggman jacked his kicks is the lamest plot device ever.

Not to mention the implications - Eggman got close enough to his enemy to take shit from him. He could have very well snuffed him out permanently, but noooo. Let's take his sneaks and see how well he fares? Jeez.

And yet, even the Slow-Down Shoes don't sound as bad as getting shot from behind because you were blinded by a random light.