Awoo.

What is the all-time worst Sonic game?

Bright Eyes

I found Sky Patrol to be kind of addictive while the loading times in 06 is what really threw me off (it had a great sound track, beautiful stages, fairly good cut scenes)

I'm voting for SA2.. I honestly could not wait for the game to be over once I started. Cringe worthy cut scenes, long boring stages, lazy re-do's of the heroes theme songs and a very weird story which ended up in space after the discovery of a perfect condition space shuttle... in a pyramid... that the characters had no problems flying......................................................

For a while, I did view Sonic Spinball as the ultimate worst Sonic game, at least in my opinion. But as mediocre and as....non-Sonic it is, it's just a little-known GG game. Same goes with Sonic Jam Game.com version.

Sonic the Hedgehog GBA is just yet another porting disaster, with all of it's problems single-handedly fixed in one hack by one fan.

Shadow the Hedgehog I found to be So Bad It's Good, with all the guns and DAMNs and other "swears" and DAMNs and the fact that the entire Darker and Edgier Sonic spinoff concept of it all someone thought was a good idea to greenlit as a game...and was given the exec's approval. As well as the DAMN FOURTH CHAOS EMERALD.

I don't really care much for Sonic Chroincles, although I won't deny that's music is total ass and is some of the worst I've heard in a Sonic game. Also, I heard that EA took over Bioware while the game was still in development, so it's a possible case of the game being scewed by the newtork.

Sonic 06, yeah, it's essentially the worst of the lot as a game, in terms of gameplay, being playable, in terms of it being properly playable, storyline, etc. You also can't deny the huge impact it had upon the franchise's reputation as a whole. But that too was also a troubled production, although Sega did play the idiot ball of Christmas/Milestone deadline rushing the gameto stores without giving zero fucks that it was still an obvious beta. So naturally I would call this the worst Sonic game (despite having not really played it, although you don't really need to play it to know how bad it is); right? In this case, there is another game I have much disdain for that rivals it in terms of badness, for different reasons for the most part.

Regarding all of these other games I mentioned, they had troubled productions which made them turn out as they are, are guilty pleasures, or are quite obscure and mostly irrelevant spinoffs. But regarding "Sonic the Hedgehog 4," there is no excuse here. Every game design choice, every PR gimmick/method of advertisement, every available developer of choice...pretty much all of the choices that was made for what would ultimately become a textbook example of a trainwreck of a sequel was made/approved/greenlit by Sega, Sonic Team,and/ or Dimps. Unlike all of the other examples, Sonic 4 had the chance to be something great, without having the possibility of it being held back, or rendered irrelevant, or even go through development hell...but it was all of these poor, idiotic, insulting, and otherwise wrong choices that ultimately dragged this project down to the saga of lies, mediocrity, and overall ultimate dissapointment that it tries to hide or ignore.

So in this case, I'd say Sonic 4 and Sonic 06 tie as the worst games in the franchise.

Edited by Grunkle Grouch

I think that entire game was some sort of staged payback by everyone else for Sonic kicking every character's ass over the years.

• Thumbs Up 4

Actually, the reality is simpler.

It was Robotnik, and it's for his Anti-Sonic propaganda.

But of course, he couldn't take part in the events since he was the one overseeing it all, so he found some random guy in the streets, roided him up so that he wasn't egg-shaped or lanky in any way, and gave him a fake moustache and custom Robotnik-style clothes, with free bottle caps.

As for Mephiles, it's Metal Sonic in disguise, made to be a shit character as payback for his betrayal in Heroes.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 3

I know. He doesn't need custom shoes to slow down. Just ask 06.

*rimshot*

Yeah he was quite slow in 06 but I still think Labyrinth was worse.

I know. He doesn't need custom shoes to slow down. Just ask 06.

*rimshot*

ACTUALLY those WERE custom shoes made for the ability gems to fit into!

-ricochet-

Haha that old man shoe designer ruined Sonic's career!

Old man shoe designer...or forgotten robot echidna employed by his robot hedgehog sibling for his sinister puppet show?!

Edited by Ladies' Man Wario
  • Thumbs Up 5

ACTUALLY those shoes WERE custom shoes made for the gems to fit into!

-ricochet-

Haha that old man shoe designer ruined Sonic's career!

Edited by DJScriptify
  • Thumbs Up 2

I was always thought it was weird how Sonic could not move left or right after jumping during the mach speed sections of Sonic 06. Is that part of Robotnik's dastardly plan too?

• Thumbs Up 2

ACTUALLY those WERE custom shoes made for the ability gems to fit into!

-ricochet-

Old man shoe designer...or forgotten robot echidna employed by his robot hedgehog sibling for his sinister puppet show?!

Son of a bitch, you're right. I forgot about that. I guess Robotnik was so clever that I simply didn't realise that. He sure is a pioneer in deliberately crap games.

I was always thought it was weird how Sonic could not move left or right after jumping during the mach speed sections of Sonic 06. Is that part of Robotnik's dastardly plan too?

You better believe it. Everything. Sonic's unimportant role, the new characters, the controls, the giant monsters, the levels, everything.

It's all a part of the moustache twirling.

• Thumbs Up 5

Son of a bitch, you're right. I forgot about that. I guess Robotnik was so clever that I simply didn't realise that. He sure is a pioneer in deliberately crap games.

You better believe it. Everything. Sonic's unimportant role, the new characters, the controls, the giant monsters, the levels, everything.

It's all a part of the moustache twirling.

Sonic 06 is genius! I get it now! Just like Shakespeare's Fortinbras in Hamlet, Robotnik is the character who haunts Sonic 06. You could even say he is the main character!

• Thumbs Up 2

I thought Sonic 06 was an experiment conducted to see if they could take human feces and convert it to disc, and slap a popular brand on it to see if people would buy it and like it. It was actually a commentary on the current state of consumerism.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic 06 is genius! I get it now! Just like Shakespeare's Fortinbras in Hamlet, Robotnik is the character who haunts Sonic 06. You could even say he is the main character!

Yes! Yes! It's like Robotnik's tribute to Ed Wood or Hal Warren!

What a guy...

Edited by Dr. Crusher

-finally stops laughing-

We're in SO much fucking trouble when the mods come back.

So you know what game was really bad? Knuckles' Chaotix. It really is too bad that Knuckles' only starring role had the worst level design this side of...something with really bad level design.

• Thumbs Up 1

So anyways... er...

...Free Riders. Yeah. Free Riders. That guy's a dick.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 1

-finally stops laughing-

We're in SO much fucking trouble when the mods come back.

So you know what game was really bad? Knuckles' Chaotix. It really is too bad that Knuckles' only starring role had the worst level design this side of...something with really bad level design.

I think the phrase you're looking for is "Sonic CD"

Speaking of Sonic CD, that game was a steaming pile of shit.

• Thumbs Up 1

So anyways... er...

...Free Riders. Yeah. Free Riders. That guy's a dick.

I would rather eat an entire broom than play Free Riders again. I've never screamed so loud at an appliance before.

And that's why the Kinect is awful.

-blank stare-

CD isn't the best classic Sonic game but no way is it a steaming pile of shit. Sure the level design was a bit odd but you could still go pretty fast if you wanted to. Plus, classic physics. =D

Woooow. Attacking Sonic CD! Now you're stepping out of line :Pno forgiveness ;)

What did you not like about it?

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shocking swerve, Batman!

The physics we're shit. The level design was shit. The bosses we're shit. The time travel mechanic would have been cool if the level design weren't shit. The bonus stages we're....okay, actually. Why do people like this game again?

Oh yeah, the intro.

• Thumbs Up 2