Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: The Thread

Chili Dawg

I'm going to insist that we don't lose our heads in excitement just yet. It's possible this guy had wrong information or something. This is not a 100% confirmation.

THAT SAID, there's been enough smoke at this point that I believe there is most certainly fire, and E3 will most certainly be another exciting one.

Let's just make sure we don't get the hype train movin' too fast, cause if we do it will surely...

Crash. 

tumblr_nne7wvqbRl1qb659io1_500.gif

• Thumbs Up 6

I don't think it makes difference to me, despite the amount of smoke there's going on, I know that its happening, because of so many factors leading up to it..

But as I said before, there should be a better and more concrete proof in the next few months hopefully

Am I the only one thats kind of scared at the possibility that they could just be alluding to crash being a new playable character in skylanders or something? Its kind of the main reason i'm not getting too excited about this yet unless sony themselves start saying something because if activision does thats the one of two possibilities for this that I can see happening right now.

1 hour ago, Mightyray said:

Please don't let this be a massive 'cocktease' I wanna see the bandicoot, his sister, and all those wack villains come back to Sony. Also can we do a similar thing for Spyro. Please?

What? That's the worst possible scenario. I rather have Crash remain dead then to see him have an ugly redesign and be in a Skylanders-like game. No thank you. =0

And for the "cocktease", this cocktease has been going on for years now. That's why I'm not hyped up yet. I don't want to be disappointed after Sony's conference for them to not mention Crash at all.

There is definitely something in the works with Crash, but they may still not be ready for announcement this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, MegasonicZX said:

Am I the only one thats kind of scared at the possibility that they could just be alluding to crash being a new playable character in skylanders or something? Its kind of the main reason i'm not getting too excited about this yet unless sony themselves start saying something because if activision does thats the one of two possibilities for this that I can see happening right now.

Activision's already stated they had no plans of doing that because Crash doesn't have the right "personality" for Skylanders. 

2 hours ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

I have to say, if we did actually get a new Crash game, or even just the old ones remasters, it would absolutely be a day one purchase for me. Heck, I'd probably get two or three copies, just to support the Bandicoot. He seriously needs all the love and support he can get. Here's hopin'.

And here I am still hoping someday for a new full content and uncut edition of Crash Twinsanity. 

• Thumbs Up 3

47 minutes ago, Ming Ming Kanon said:

What? That's the worst possible scenario. I rather have Crash remain dead then to see him have an ugly redesign and be in a Skylanders-like game. No thank you. =0

And for the "cocktease", this cocktease has been going on for years now. That's why I'm not hyped up yet. I don't want to be disappointed after Sony's conference for them to not mention Crash at all.

There is definitely something in the works with Crash, but they may still not be ready for announcement this year.

No, no, no what I was meaning is that if Crash is going back to Sony hypothetically I would like it if by some miracle Sony could also buy the rights to Spyro or takes the dragon back to his PS1 days...

I know, but the teasing has been ramping up and I don't wanna get sucked in since I've been trying not to let it get to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sony knows what they fans want so I have a hard time believing that they'll be willingly slap Crash into Skylanders. 

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

And here I am still hoping someday for a new full content and uncut edition of Crash Twinsanity. 

Yeah, that's about as likely as "Sonic '06 Complete." I just hope, if Crash does come back, we'll one day get a game as big and ambitious as Twinsanity was meant to be.

• Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, MegasonicZX said:

Nah I don't think they would do that but if they did I would laugh just for the backlash alone. For me I just want the next crash game to expand what the original trilogy did and make it better. 

I think he meant a proper return, not a money grabber toy line, Ming [emoji14] I also had to read it twice. Edit: lol, ninja'd by himself [emoji13]

I'm in the same boat as you guys, Sony should handle the first things first: Crash 1 to 3 + Team Racing Remastered with extra features, trophies and if possible, online mode for CTR. Not a remastered from the ground up like FF7 (which is actually called a remake, right?), a simpler remastered in the veins of Jak and Daxter / Ratchet and Clank. Widescreen, brighter colors, 60FPS, some bug fixes (Crash 1 save system could benefit a lot from that, just saying!!!). Then, when this appetizer is finished, we move on to the main dish: a new game following the formula of the original games but with a spice.

I have no doubt that both the Collection and the new game will sell tons and even help to sell more PS4s. Well, IF the new game doesn't go terribly wrong, say, like RoL... But the Collection would still sell a lot, tho. [emoji8]

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Yeah, that's about as likely as "Sonic '06 Complete." I just hope, if Crash does come back, we'll one day get a game as big and ambitious as Twinsanity was meant to be.

Errr, maybe not that big a leap of faith. For one thing,  that game at least has the retrospective praise to at least support the notion unlike 06. Still,  I'll concede that it'll need to be an extremely lucky day for the time for such to officially come if ever.

5 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Errr, maybe not that big a leap of faith. For one thing,  that game at least has the retrospective praise to at least support the notion unlike 06. Still,  I'll concede that it'll need to be an extremely lucky day for the time for such to officially come if ever.

Problem is, I think the company that worked on Twinsanity disbanded, so to collect the unused assets, it would already be an insane ammount of effort, since they'd have to track down what's left of the betas and where, instead of just making a brand new game.

• Thumbs Up 1

The game was developed by Vivendi Universal and Traveller's Tales. TT is still around, tho. Doubt they have anything. I agree that Crash Twinsanity is by far the best Crash after Naughty Dog, but I'm not that into the idea of bringing it back. I would play the shit out of it for sure, but I see the trilogy + CTR as a "must do before anything else", you know what I'm saying? These games are classics, they are like Sonic 1 to 3, the highest point of the franchise. Unleashed is for Sonic as Twinsanity is for Crash. Love it or hate it, ambitious, but all over the place.

For a smaller scale project, I'd gladly have Warped or even Wrath of Cortex with upgraded graphics. Add in some extras like multiplayer mode and the ability to play as Coco fully you could have a perfect retro style Crash game.

2 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

For a smaller scale project, I'd gladly have Wrath of Cortex with ND quality graphics and engine. Add in some of it's planned extras like the unused wide open levels and multiplayer mode and you could have a perfect retro style Crash game.

Eh, I actually don't want a "retro style" Crash game. The Naughty Dog system worked for the Naughty Dog games, but I'd like to see the series just move forward (and if I had to pick any non-ND game to be remade, it certainly wouldn't be Wrath).

That's why I edited the post after second thought. Still WOC could be made a good game. It had some of the best levels in the series (eg. Tsunami and Crash N' Burn). I actually thought Twinsanity was more flawed in concept.

I admit they kinda done the ND formula to death for a while, though I think the Radical games shown you shouldn't steer from it fully. People appreciated the nods to original platformer centric gameplay in MOM (even if they took away most of the changes in Titans that actually made it a good game, so yeah, balance is involved).

• Thumbs Up 2

An update from gamespot :

[UPDATE] A representative for NECA told GameSpot today that the company is not in fact producing new Crash figures, at least not right now.

"It's not the case," the rep said. "Someone has misunderstood a comment he made. Randy saw a faked fan-made image right before he came to the show and said that if the game were coming back, we'd love to do figures."

37 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

An update from gamespot :

Someone already posted it here. 

I'm on the fence on this, honestly. I share this theory. You can't really come to the conclusion Sony is bringing back Crash and then mention it in an interview from simply looking at a random picture. It just doesn't make sense. This screams backpedalling to me, and I think it actually makes me believe Randy's original statement even more. Plus, he didn't say NECA would love to do Crash toys like it says in that quote, he said he was looking forward to Sony bringing back Crash.

But hey, it could mean nothing. Even IF what he said was pure asinine bullshit, we still have sources that something is happening behind closed doors to back this up. Biggest factors being BruceLeeRoy's teases (and flawless track record of insider information) on GAF and SCEA President Shawn Layden strutting around PSX '15 with the Crash shirt. Shawn wouldn't wear that for shits and giggles. After all, it wouldn't be the first time Shawn wore a shirt related to an upcoming game (GOW4). 

They know what the fans want and I'm expecting SOMETHING at this year's E3 with all these teases and such. 

Alright, I've done a bit of an analysis regarding Shawn Layden's shirt from the PlayStation Experience 2015.

PSX201_troll_zpsss6wxtbk.png

Shawn mentioned that the shirt he wore was to promote the first game back in 1996 which he had a hand in developing but he was still coy about it. One problem, there was no way in hell that shirt was from the time when the first game launched back in '96. The logo from the first game is remarkably different than the later one used in future games. That Crash logo on his shirt was used since Crash 2 onwards (sans CTR) and this one is the variant with the red text used by Sierra (it was used on Sierra's Crash site from 2005/2006):

null_zps893c7e72.png

What about that render then? Although I can't confirm it, but I BELIEVE that the render was ripped from a photo I took from an old PlayStation Magazine three years ago with some minor enhancements:

F056EB55-D462-433C-9294-5DADB3C58D43-341null_zpsf8167e3e.png

Sony must have either enhanced the photo or possibly Naughty Dog supplied it to them for this specific event. Trust me, I've been collecting Crash art for years, and that's the only instance of the render I've seen. So I wouldn't rule out the possibility of the shirt being derived from it. On the other hand, it does seem a bit odd that they didn't just choose a clearer picture from the get-go.

Something tells me that this shirt was made out of the blue for this event. I've never seen that shirt elsewhere, not even by the ND crew themselves (they have a shrine to all Crash merch in their HQ and I didn't spot it). One thing I didn't notice is that neither the Naughty Dog logo nor the Universal Studios logo (not even Activision in this case) appear on the shirt at all. It would imply that it was made specifically FOR PSX for Shawn to tease with. A popular interpretation is that this was their way of letting us know they're up to something but can't really talk about it yet. After all, it wouldn't be the first time Shawn wore a shirt related to an upcoming game.

• Thumbs Up 2

YES. But you can clearly see that the art is quite damaged... Did they damaged it in purpose to make it look old and lower suspicions?? Also, there's only a PS logo on the left sleeve.

8 hours ago, Jango said:

YES. But you can clearly see that the art is quite damaged... Did they damaged it in purpose to make it look old and lower suspicions?? Also, there's only a PS logo on the left sleeve.

Possibly, if they wanted to fool people into thinking it was a vintage shirt from the first game's launch. If it WAS from 1996, you definitely would've seen the credited developer and publisher (Naughty Dog and Universal in this case). But the moment I saw it during the livestream, even I knew it wasn't something from twenty years ago, hence the Crash logo. 

You got me on the PS logo, it's weird how that's only shown besides Crash and the series logo. Maybe it's a symbolic meaning that they bought the IP? I dunno mate but I still believe that this was cobbled together for this specific event for Shawn to tease us with. There was probably nothing substantial to show then but hopefully sometime around E3.

• Thumbs Up 1