Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: The Thread

Chili Dawg

You know nothing Dave Snow!

Seriously, that would be the dream. And the avatar thing, Crash (and Coco) are standard avatars, it's probably just the account manager being lazy.

Hard to imagine Naughty Dog crew ever working on a new Crash game again. Anymore, if it doesn't involve guns or mature themes, most big name studios bar Nintendo or Sega aren't interested these days.

I'm not saying that ND could be capable of doing Crash again but they could be the team to take a platformer and make it something that people wouldn't look at and say "That's not a AAA game" by default.

I firmly believe it won't be them, but if it was, and they WANTED to do it, and it was a smaller internal team, why the hell not? I doubt it's Naughty Dog, but honestly, it could be, with how out of whack and "impossible" it's been for gaming the past year. 

#TeamSanzaru all the way though. 

Did that dude just casually leak the return of Crash Bandicoot.

Because that's kinda hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Did that dude just casually leak the return of Crash Bandicoot.

Because that's kinda hilarious.

Well why not!? Titanfall 2 just got leaked the same way!

Just now, Detective Hogfather said:

Well why not!? Titanfall 2 just got leaked the same way!

I'm not saying it's impossible, I just would find it rather hilarious that after all these years of cancelled games and Sony hyping up a return, the reveal wasn't on some big event, but a dude casually talking about Sony's IPs on a toy fair.

Tho' E3 this year will be pretty amazing if this turns out to be the case.

• Thumbs Up 1

In regards to #BringBackCrash (I know I'm late), I know that even Lex Lang, the voice of Dr. Cortex (awesome guy, by the way) wanted a new Crash game and showed it to his fans on Facebook.

Crash is coming back? That's awesome!

It's gonna be interesting seeing what's gonna be in store for us. Perhaps we'll see something in E3.

1 hour ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Skip to 4:10

"Crash is coming back"

If that's true, that poor man's ass is probably gonna be fired.

No way he will be fired. Now that the cat (or should I say, bandicoot) is out of the bag, it's a matter of time untill Sony themselves make an official announcement. I have no doubt that by next week Sony's Twitter will be flooded with coments about Crash's come back O: Professional gaming reporters will be all over the place as much as the fans too, everybody wants this bandicoot back.

So, Crash is coming back. Awesome.

PpCZVZo.gif

In the meantime, I hope whoever now has the rights to the games (whether it's still under Activision etc) that they release the original numerical trilogy and CTR for PS4.

• Thumbs Up 5

4 hours ago, BenderBR said:

So, Crash is coming back. Awesome.

PpCZVZo.gif

In the meantime, I hope whoever now has the rights to the games (whether it's still under Activision etc) that they release the original numerical trilogy and CTR for PS4.

Add the PS2 games while you're at it. 

Sigh, I would so much loke to believe that this is happening but I have already gave up the hope about Crash's return to the point that I believe it only when I see the official announcement.

Still sceptical. And even if this is all true, we got Activision. I truly hope Activision (and its subdiaries) aren't the ones developing this game. It will have disappointment written all over it even before launch.

While that still may be the case Ming, there's one piece of info I consider the most relevant and trustful of all, simply because it is not a tease.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1142156

EpyCqVs.jpg

Robomodo, the team behind THPS HD and THPS5, and a studio under Activision's name, claims that "a combo of timing and rights" were the reasons why they couldn't have add Crash to Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5.

Which leads to think two things:

1. Either the process of renewal Crash's rights was waiting approval, therefore making it impossible to use the character in any form. Plausible, because both the game's releasing and the renewal happened in the same period of time.

2. The process of buying/negotiation of the rights was happening between Sony and Activision, and Sony in fact bought them back. Not so plausible, otherwise people would have already found out the info for that... unless there's a way to hide that data from the internet? I know every time Activision does something with Crash's rights, people find the data, be when it expire or when it is renewed.

Option 2 is the one everybody and their moms want, and the way Sony's been teasing Crash more than ever (just in the past 3 months we got 4 teases), it really looks like they are celebrating the acquisition of the rights.

Let's also not forget, in 2016 Crash is celebrating its 20th anniversary.

#believeinSony

Well, this is interesting... and... unexpected. I am not even about to get hyped, though, not yet. However, consider my interest piqued for E3 this year.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

While that still may be the case Ming, there's one piece of info I consider the most relevant and trustful of all, simply because it is not a tease.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1142156

Robomodo, the team behind THPS HD and THPS5, and a studio under Activision's name, claims that "a combo of timing and rights" were the reasons why they couldn't have add Crash to Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5.

He didn't really claim it, he said "I think", meaning he is guessing that it could be a possibility.

We don't know if Sony bought the IP back, or Activision's the one developing the game exclusively for them IF Crash is coming back.

I'll wait for E3 before I explode with happiness.

It would make sense if Sony stroke a deal with Activision and bought the necessary rights for a new game and any associated merchandise. In an alternate reality, they could have also bought the IP, but at this point I believe this is virtually impossible. But hey, never say never. My guess is that they simply have an exclusivity deal.

If Sony is overseeing the game and it's a PS4 exclusive, I doubt it'll be another take on Skylanders. They know what people want.

NO YOU EXPLODE RIGHT NOW

But yeah, E3 is gonna be heavy. After FF7 Remake and Shenmue 3, anything is possible for Sony. I wonder how this week will roll, because people are already getting vocal about the toy fair leak. I believe it will hit Sony soon. In any case, a PS4 exclusive new Crash would make me buy the console twice, I'm already planing on getting one :lol:

I have to say, if we did actually get a new Crash game, or even just the old ones remastered, it would absolutely be a day one purchase for me. Heck, I'd probably get two or three copies, just to support the Bandicoot. He seriously needs all the love and support he can get. Here's hopin'.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Jango said:

NO YOU EXPLODE RIGHT NOW

I wish I could, but over the years I've learnt my lesson. You'll have to thank Sega and that trash Sonic Boom for that.

Just now, Hyper Enesephus said:

I have to say, if we did actually get a new Crash game, or even just the old ones remasters, it would absolutely be a day one purchase for me. Heck, I'd probably get two or three copies, just to support the Bandicoot. He seriously needs all the love and support he can get. Here's hopin'.

You can also count me in with the remasters. But the new Crash game it all depends for me. If Activision, I'll wait until the reviewers and guinea pigs plunge on it first. I don't trust these triple A backstabbers that isn't Sony or Nintendo.

Please don't let this be a massive 'cocktease' I wanna see the bandicoot, his sister, and all those wack villains come back to Sony. Also can we do a similar thing for Spyro. Please?