Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: The Thread

Chili Dawg

Oh my God, these are priceless! Good thing they found Charles and Joe (nothing against Hartman, love the guy's work). Then again, Charles' style is (or was) highly inspired by Hanna-Barbera and the mid 90's Warner cartoons. But gosh, those tooth!

Those look absolutely terrible. The general look and everything just doesn't fit whatsoever.

Those look absolutely terrible. The general look and everything just doesn't fit whatsoever.

With Crash as we know it, if Crash indeed been that, the world he is within would have been different as well

It seems like Cerny wasn't kind enough to reply Butch's mails, not even to say he received his drawings. Then again, it's always,like that in business. It's rare when a company calls or e-mail you back, even if it's to say you didn't got the job.

Wow! I almost forgot about Crash Bandicoot! The older games hold so many wonderful memories for me. I used to play them all the time with my beloved sister. Such a wonderful game, I'm glad it is still going strong :D

Sorry to broke up to you bro, but Crash is not going strong at all :( But hopefully someone will bring him back and develop games as good as the older ones.

• 1 month later...

And then, this appears..

Shawn, you troll...

Not only that, GAF insiders BruceLeeRoy and Verendus (who are very reliable and have a good track record) have got the scoop that something is happening behind closed doors. 

All I can say is expect something at E3 2016. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Prove it, please.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15ERv3FF_GYQY9TyLSu2b5PJu-vMcGCJSTR0MSyN8IgU/pub

• 1 month later...

There's so much to talk about how there's some solid evidence, but I feel many people should only get one leak or behind-the-scenes slip to confirm this.

Its a bummer that the Sony Pictures leak didn't mention Crash like at all, however, I did find talks related to Skylanders, hence the reason why they started a movie studio, after the Sony leak :V

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

It translates to "Most wanted person, where are you crash?"

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll believe it when I see it. I trust Sony with all my heart. But I don't trust Activision, not an inch. Crash is still under their wing, no way something is happening. Sony would have to buy the entire Activision before that happen.

48 minutes ago, Jango said:

I'll believe it when I see it. I trust Sony with all my heart. But I don't trust Activision, not an inch. Crash is still under their wing, no way something is happening. Sony would have to buy the entire Activision before that happen.

Let's go the extreme route and say for a second they bought the IP. The only way that leaks is through trademarks or financials. In such a contract, there would be a clause to hold off on the assignment of trademarks or copyright until such a date that the new owner and the old owner agree would be best. That would happen either a few days before an announcement or the day of the announcement, as the transfer would be a business move, not a publicity move, and as such you don't want to market it.

Let's go the more likely route, and say a game is in development and co-published by Sony and Activision (coincidentally enough the exact same way the original Crash games were published -- by Sony and what was once called Universal Interactive, an entity that is now part of Activision today) -- there aren't any need for new trademarks, Activision already has trademarks to cover that game. They don't need to register any new domains, they already have CrashBandicoot.com. They don't need to put the game through the IARC (ESRB, PEGI, etc) until it's almost done. There aren't a whole lot of ways for the game to leak other than by people in the know -- and technically, we have had that, with people like BruceLeeRoy and Verendus (?) teasing it happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

But who's making it? Sure as hell it ain't Naughty Dog. If that's true my friend, it would be the most well kept secret ever.

The more unlikely scenarios, which I would love to see, are having some Ex-ND people back @ Naughty Dog, or having a new Ex-ND studio make the new game, that would be quite cool in my opinion, other than BRB and High Impact Studios

Well, BRB has a bunch of ex-ND people. We get them and add Zembillas, Pearson and Mutato Muzika too. Maaaaaybe Andy, Jason and Cerny.

BRB would likely be met with ENORMOUS scepticism after what happened with Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.

Getting Zembillas and Pearson doesn't seem too out of bounds however. They helped Vicarious Visions with Crash Nitro Kart.

8 hours ago, Jango said:

But who's making it? Sure as hell it ain't Naughty Dog. If that's true my friend, it would be the most well kept secret ever.

Who knows, any developer can tackle Crash really, doesn't just have to be one experienced with platformers. But for something like this being seemingly under the radar, development dutities are basically kept a HUGE secret until an announcement is made (expect it at E3 this year). 

Also, I don't want to get anyone excited but this is what ND has for their PSN avatar:594B2316-E9F8-4160-B6FD-A0DDB01FF1C1_zps

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CrashRatchetFan said:

Who knows, any developer can tackle Crash really, doesn't just have to be one experienced with platformers. But for something like this being seemingly under the radar, development dutities are basically kept a HUGE secret until an announcement is made (expect it at E3 this year). 

Also, I don't want to get anyone excited but this is what ND has for their PSN avatar:594B2316-E9F8-4160-B6FD-A0DDB01FF1C1_zps

Odd. Even if Naughty Dog is involved with this possible Smash game in some way, I thought Naughty Dog said they were done with cartoony games? At least that is what I heard.

There are ND team members who say 'They'd never do those kinds of games again' but neither Evan Wells nor Christophe Baliestra (?) have ever said such a thing, and they're the bosses. That being said, I expect someone other than ND. If this IS a Sony-produced game however, they could definitely consult it. 

BUT if I had to choose a developer, I'd go with Sanzaru and any of the issues people have with them over Sly 4 (story continuation, etc, which by the way, weren't problems I had with them) would not be issues anymore, since they'd be starting fresh just using the same characters.

Also, I realize this is just optimistic conjecture on Dave Siller's (producer of Crash 1) part, but I find it interesting that THIS is his theory.

FB3AA59B-64BF-4755-A701-12655C37EC91_zps