Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: The Thread

Chili Dawg

22 hours ago, Jango said:

Hahaha Yeah, but Nate plays it already an adult :)

Reveal hidden contents

My-Great-Capture-Screenshot-2016-04-30-0

My-Great-Capture-Screenshot-2016-04-30-0

uncharted-4-crash-bandicoot-easter-egg-1

uncharted4finediunladro_1462025791.jpg

uncharted-4-crash-bandicoot-easter-egg-3

Nate's a bad looser confirmed, he drops the control xD

So? Nothing contradicting the notion of him still playing it as a kid. Consider this an apparent trip down memory lane.

Video's been taken down now by Sony.

Hope you all saw the video. Well, we got eight more days until they release the game anyway. 

32 minutes ago, IniMeenieMiney-Jo-Vahexeon said:

So? Nothing contradicting the notion of him still playing it as a kid. Consider this an apparent trip down memory lane.

He sounds pretty new to Crash when booting it up. And asks a lot of questions someone new would ask. And seems to need help with playing the game. Yeah I think he just started playing it as an adult.

Video's been taken down now by Sony.

Hope you all saw the video. Well, we got eight more days until they release the game anyway. 

Question: Sony took down only the Crash Bandicoot video, or every video of U4 spoilers?

1 minute ago, Jango said:

Question: Sony took down only the Crash Bandicoot video, or every video of U4 spoilers?

I doubt they'd take down spoilers, considering they issued a warning that basically said "Watch out for spoilers yourselves"

58 minutes ago, Jango said:

Seems as though they took down the other spoilers so yeah, they did. 

Yeah, if they took down only the Crash videos it would be suspicious as fuc*.

Well, we're still waiting for a video of the full credits to see if Activision is mentioned... That would be the definitive confirmation...

Will we wet our pants or our eyes?

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

He sounds pretty new to Crash when booting it up. And asks a lot of questions someone new would ask. 

Could be him just riffing on the game.

Just now, IniMeenieMiney-Jo-Vahexeon said:

Let's be honest, didn't we all at one point assumed that Crash was a fox at first? I mean, the long nose and orange fur were a dead giveaway. 

I never did, because he didn't had a fluffy tail :P I though he was either a dog, or some animal from Tazmania (which is true). All my friends on the other hand, though Crash was a fox.

BTW, extended scene:

37 minutes ago, IniMeenieMiney-Jo-Vahexeon said:

Weird way to do that. Don't see why it's hard to believe he maybe is learning a about Crash for the first time. Not everyone played it as a kid. The way Nathan describes the game and is being taught how to play gives me more of a first encounter vibe more than him riffing on it.(I mean he doesn't even seem to know what A PlayStation is, commenting on the loading.)

20 hours ago, CrashRatchetFan said:

Let's be honest, didn't we all at one point assumed that Crash was a fox at first? I mean, the long nose and orange fur were a dead giveaway. 

I actually always knew he's a bandicoot. I didn't know bandicoots are real animals until I googled 'bandicoot' though. He doesn't look exactly like any particular animal, with his orange-red fur and two legs. Sonic at least has spikes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I suppose. I never thought Sonic was a hedgehog though, I always assumed it was some character from Felix the Cat. 

Oh by the way, that screenshot of someone holding the game case of Crash? 

Spoiler

It's from the end of the game when a certain character (who I won't say since I don't know myself) finds the game case.

This is from GAF so they would know better about it but you should wait to see it for yourself by May 10th. 

19 hours ago, CrashRatchetFan said:

It's from the end of the game when a certain character (who I won't say since I don't know myself) finds the game case.

The end of the game? Isn't putting hints at the end a common method of forshadowing? I haven't seen the cutscene but this could be even better evidence than the gameplay then.

Oh... OH. OH. OOOOH.

The last time Naughty Dog used Crash's image in an official product, was in their The Art of Naughty Dog book, released in 2014.

And they credited, I repeat, they credited Activision. They had to, legal matter. See the image bellow:

9nKzWan.jpg

Not crediting Activision would be against the law.  Don't believe in things like "maybe they just did a casual -through the phone- deal". This doesn't exist.

Activision is not in Uncharted 4's credits.

So there you go. We now are 99.99% sure that Sony bought the IP.

Next stop: E3, baby!

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Oh... OH. OH. OOOOH.

The last time Naughty Dog used Crash's image in an official product, was in their The Art of Naughty Dog book, released in 2014.

And they credited, I repeat, they credited Activision. They had to, legal matter. See the image bellow:

9nKzWan.jpg

Not crediting Activision would be against the law.  Don't believe in things like "maybe they just did a casual -through the phone- deal". This doesn't exist.

Activision is not in Uncharted 4's credits.

So there you go. We now are 99.99% sure that Sony bought the IP.

Next stop: E3, baby!

So, would this be a good time to bring up the hype train thing, or should we wait a bit longer?

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally! A legit piece of information about Crash and Sony. This made me move my seat a little.

I'm still skeptical, but not as much as I was yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 2

From last year (June 2015), an A.V. Club interview with Uncharted 4's game director Bruce Stanley...

AVC: If you were to embed a playable retro title into your game, what would it be and why?

BS: Well, there’s actually been a conversation about if it were at all possible—which it’s not, let me emphasize—but we wanted to put a Crash Bandicoot game inside. Not gonna happen, though. Don’t worry.

AVC: Certain people would’ve loved that, though.

BS: Yeah. It’s not our title. Sony doesn’t own it, so we don’t have control.

Not even an entire year later, and the first Crash game is included in Uncharted 4...

omg-cat.gif

• Thumbs Up 7

Yes, yes, yes, yes and more yes.

If this confirms anything, which it looks like it does, then GREAT. Whether it's Crash 1-3 Remastered, or a new game entirely, it's great to see Crash getting any love at all. Hell, even if it's JUST this cameo (which seems very unlikely at this point, they aren't stupid), it's great to see such support for Crash.

If it is a new game though, they need to get Charles Zembillas and Joe Pearson to do some concepts. They did an awesome job with 1-3, CTR, and CNK.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Flamerstreak said:

So, would this be a good time to bring up the hype train thing, or should we wait a bit longer?

E3 my friend. E3.

Hey Sony...

Crash Team Racing HD with Online mode, 'kay txs.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jango said:

E3 my friend. E3.

Hey Sony...

Crash Team Racing HD with Online mode, 'kay txs.

I knew that would be the best time. Well, I will bring out the hype train anyway. Here we go...

SYKE! You didn't think I'd really do it this early, did you?

• Thumbs Up 1

BTW, guys, do you believe (or do you want) Naughty Dog will remaster their original trilogy alongside MassMedia or BluePoint like they did with Jak & Daxter and Uncharted? You know, a modest remaster: cleaning everything up, true widescreen support, some anti-aliasing and trophies? Maaaaybe 60FPS?

That would be fantastic, because if a Crash Bandicoot Collection happen, ND will have all of their trilogies remastered [emoji2] Then we just need to wait untill The Last of Us 3 [emoji14]

Also, I'm down for CTR joining the party too, eventhought J&D Collection didn't had Jak X, I'm confident that if a Crash Collection comes to be, it HAS to include Crash Team Fucking Racing. ND can not drop this ball, it's probably their second best Crash game!

Oh boy, the possibilities now... Excited!!