Awoo.

Was Knuckles a red Sonic in the prototype of sonic 3? Probably...

Oblivionthehog

2123324.jpg

Sorry this is all I can do, tomorrow I'll get the scanner and I'll bring the magazine to this post right away.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that the logo on the magazine cover looks almost.... hand drawn?

Found another cover for Digital gamer here, look at how clean and neat the logo looks;

0100007071396858_f_ft.gif

To be fair, you are comparing a cover from 2009 with one from about 15 years beforehand. They might have updated the logo since then. Looks fine to me, given the bad quality of the image.

2123324.jpg

Sorry this is all I can do, tomorrow I'll get the scanner and I'll bring the magazine to this post right away.

We meant a photo like your last one, but with the magazine open with the Sonic 3 page and the page on the other side next to it both showing.

Now really guys I want to know about the link on Sonic Retro that leads to this subject I have the right to know, I posted the pics and all so I need to know.

Done...

I Dunno...seems worse to me.

Nokia_08.jpg

Can anyone on here who knows about this kind of stuff, please explain this to me... If the above scan is indeed the same magazine as the one pictured below...

32342.jpg

Why is it the following appears to have happened?

1: The green text appears to have moved, it's no longer a straight line from the Santa hat going across the page.

2: The text for Digital Gamer, specifically the letters A, M and E are completely different in shape to the original scan.

Can anyone here explain how this is possible?

Would you be able to take photo like your last one, but with the magazine open with the Sonic 3 page and the page on the other side next to it both showing?

I don't go on Sonic Retro's forums, so I don't know where the topic discussing this is. I've had a look, but can't find it.

Can anyone on here who knows about this kind of stuff, please explain this to me... If the above scan is indeed the same magazine as the one pictured below...

32342.jpg

1: The green text appears to have moved, it's no longer a straight line from the Santa hat going across the page.

2: The text for Digital Gamer, specifically the letters A, M and E are completely different in shape to the original scan.

I think its just the mobile's quality sir, its a bit blurry I can take another one if you want...

Would you be able to take photo like your last one, but with the magazine open with the Sonic 3 page and the page on the other side next to it both showing?

I don't go on Sonic Retro's forums, so I don't know where the topic discussing this is. I've had a look, but can't find it.

Yes I will :D

Thank you!

THANK YOU :P

1. From what I can see it all matches up fine. The green text ends in the same spot, but you can't see the start of it very well, because of the darkness.

2. I think that's down to the poor blurry photos hiding the white outline.

Yes I will biggrin.png

Thanks.

1. From what I can see it all matches up fine. The green text ends in the same spot, but you can't see the start of it very well, because of the darkness.

2. I think that's down to the poor blurry photos hiding the white outline.

Thanks.

Nokia_12.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Nokia_12.jpg

Thanks. Definitely looks to be the same magazine.

Could you still take a pic with the magazine open with the Sonic 3 page and the page before/after it on the other side next to it both showing, please?

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks. Definitely looks to be the same magazine.

Could you still take a pic with the magazine open with the Sonic 3 page and the page before/after it on the other side next to it both showing, please?

Maybe you didn't read the entire topic, I had to rip the page of so I could scan it better, though I can do still do it.

Maybe you didn't read the entire topic, I had to rip the page of so I could scan it better, though I can do still do it.

I did read that bit, but if you can still do it, I'd like to see it.

I did read that bit, but if you can still do it, I'd like to see it.

Done!

Nokia_26.jpg

Edited by Oblivionthehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Sonic page looks pretty bland compared to the TMNT one.

IKR they could have put more effort on such big news...

Done!

Nokia_26.jpg

It would be nice if you don't zoom in on the pages that much so we could actually see the page numbers

It would be nice if you don't zoom in on the pages that much so we could actually see the page numbers

Right away!

Thanks, Oblivionthehog :) As TheBlueWind said, would it be possible for you take the pic again, but zoomed out, so we can see the page numbers, please?

Not going to comment directly on the validity of this, but if it is a real scan, that's terrible page design on the magazine's part:

Putting stock artwork (which looks like it was traced over in Paint), on top of other artwork blocking its view, and having the same picture very uncomfortably close to the text on the right is really cluttered and hides a bit of info.

The background is plain white and seemingly lacking any background or detail which is not very easy on the eyes.

There's a header on the Sonic page which looks like it's not on the previous one.

There is very little text/description about the game, and it's all in one place. You would think there would be little extra notes on the sides and beneath the concept art to describe the game and images more...

In general, looks like over 9000 hours in MS Paint, especially compared to the adjacent TMNT page.

Oh and one other thing: it looks very bland from a design standpoint, like it wasn't done by a professional. Everything but the Sonic stock art of him laughing is quite... too symmetrical IMO. It's like the creator didn't even TRY to make the page look appealing.

Edited by cosmictruffle
  • Thumbs Up 2

I wonder if the TMNT page is an advertisement rather than an article, since it does have a lot more going on and it doesn't have the header.

I wonder if the TMNT page is an advertisement rather than an article, since it does have a lot more going on and it doesn't have the header.

Its an hint page.

Its an hint page.

Oh cool, thanks.

If you can get us a pic showing the page numbers of the TMNT and Sonic 3 pages, then that should prove the Sonic 3 page is from this magazine.

Done! Any other requests?

Nokia_45.jpg

Page number 9 is behind 10 lol its just a add about SNES...

I can show it too buts its just an avarage Add..

Edited by Oblivionthehog

Done!

Nokia_26.jpg

Nokia_45.jpg

I'm not sure if it's just me but the edge of the Sonic page appears to change side

Edited by Rawrdom

Nokia_45.jpg

Page number 9 is behind 10 lol its just a add about SNES...

I can show it too buts its just an avarage Add..

I thought the TMNT page you showed was the page before or after the Sonic 3 one lol! So if page 9 is behind the Sonic 3 one and the 10 is on the bottom left, then I assume that would be the left page if it was still attached? What's on page 11?