Awoo.

Was Knuckles a red Sonic in the prototype of sonic 3? Probably...

Oblivionthehog

Yup people care a lot ._.

People do care. That's why people like redhellc were asking you to send the magazine to them via a postal service so they can scan it for you and then send it back to you. Then sites like us The Sonic Stadium, Sonic Retro and others can report about it and credit you for your find.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, I was hoping you would bump this topic.

From a PM:

It's easy to tell it's a hoax, not only because some of the pictures are skewed beyond belief and everything is blurry, and he just can't rescan it or take pics anymore.

Just take the top image with Sonic & Tails. What's there to see? First of all, even though the pictures are warped and they were supposedly taken with a bad scanner, the frame is perfectly aligned, as it was made with Photoshop.

Then there's the fact that the pic has the exact same flaws as the high quality PNG scan that originated from here. That would be enough to confirm it's a hoax... But really, just look at the whole thing. =P

PS: That pic is one of the first results for "sonic and tails art png" in Google images.

From Retro:

Okay, this rank lame-ass bullshit has gone on long enough. I don't care if this guy improves his hoaxes; then they might actually provide some challenge.

I was too busy the other day to give the images more than a glance, but now I've looked at them for 5 minutes it's clearly a hoax.

This:

ibpAyYjkaE8vJi.jpg

Is supposedly another scan of this:

ibmD44CXWd1Q3f.jpg

Yeah, right:

ibpAyYjkaE8vJi.jpgiigOgnF3vUe6X.png

Still think this guy's legit?

Then why did he later post this, saying a friend took it with their camera?

iUdKlZsLqGEON.jpg

It's clearly a crop of the first image with a darkness filter:

ibhZphns5KeWEU.png

iQDYPsOLOBvkJ.png

Embarrassing! Insulting!

Furthermore, why did he need to make a sockpuppet account?

This is more than fishy - it's clearly rotten to the core.

One more note from Retro:

I'm surprised nobody's taken issue with the more obvious problem of chronology. If this were real, it would suggest that Knuckles was added very late in development. I, for one, find it difficult to accept that Sky Sanctuary's art was complete before Knuckles' had even been started.

/thread

• Thumbs Up 2

I think Red Sonic is fake. Sonic Retro is a dumb website they don't even let people sign up and everyone on there thinks they're cool.

While I don't think I would personally click with the community, Sonic Retro is regardless really good for information. I go there all the time to read up on things. And they do let people sign up; they just have standards for who can and can't stay there. Considering the nature of the forum, it probably would be a hellhole otherwise. Don't diss Retro.

Anyway, this was an interesting topic while it lasted, even as it slowly went down in flames.

• Thumbs Up 8

Well I didn't want to come out and say that this is a hoax because I have seen and own publications which amazingly are worse than this, you've probably seen some yourself if you remember those 99p magazines which used to be out during the late 1990's. But after that, I think theres no doubt now. Although two publications which I've seen that are worse which come to mind would be one magazines preview of Resident Evil which mentions how the characters will use torches and pitchforks (something that was NEVER going to be in the game), and that the plot was a special forces team goes to a laboratory to investigate a giant plant and it sounded more monster based than zombies/virus story.

The other one was an original playstation magazine called something like 'playstation pro' or something along those lines. How they lasted as long as they did I don't know, information was almost always wrong, screenshots were made up and the cheats section was ridiculous. One great piece of advice they gave was how to defeat Ruby weapon in FF7. The question was 'Ruby weapon kills two of my characters, what do I do!?' The answer they gave and I still have this magazine somewhere. "Use the phoenix summon, it'll revive your characters and utterly fry Ruby weapon."

The reality was, Ruby weapon removes your characters from the battle, so you can't get them back... Phoenix uses fire attacks... which HEAL the Ruby weapon!

But from what the guys at Retro have said would match up my suspicions with this. We know that Sonic 3 & Knuckles was at one point a larger single game. However for this magazine to have a date of December 1993. This would mean that the change to split the game let alone add Knuckles would have had to have been extremely late in development, not to mention how much of a crisis would have been on the promotional material for Knuckles and the game itself. This to me seems extremely unlikely.

Theres also been this which has been bugging me for a while now.

ibmD44CXWd1Q3f.jpg

That was posted originally in the first post, due to how it looks, if it were genuine theres no way it could be anything other than a scanned image, a photograph wouldn't produce something like that. Now take a look the outline of the image, what exactly is that blue line which goes around the top half of it? It can't be the magazine outline because there would be a shadow from the spine of the magazine, not to mention you couldn't scan the image like that if it were still in the magazine. Secondly, if the page had been ripped out from it, it wouldn't make an outline like that, even if you cut it, it wouldn't look like that when you came to scan it.

Also theres just basic information missing like page numbers etc.

But like I said, I have seen and own magazines which are worse than this, so maybe the benefit of the doubt was running high with this one. However, the OP last replied on Saturday, and he was last on SSMB yesterday when people began to question this? For someone who sent this to the TSS inbox trying to get us to news it and for someone who went to all this trouble to get people interested, why is he not here defending this and explaining a few things if indeed it was the real deal.

Is it worth posting the 'don't you believe it' video?

• Thumbs Up 2

Well I didn't want to come out and say that this is a hoax because I have seen and own publications which amazingly are worse than this, you've probably seen some yourself if you remember those 99p magazines which used to be out during the late 1990's. But after that, I think theres no doubt now. Although two publications which I've seen that are worse which come to mind would be one magazines preview of Resident Evil which mentions how the characters will use torches and pitchforks (something that was NEVER going to be in the game), and that the plot was a special forces team goes to a laboratory to investigate a giant plant and it sounded more monster based than zombies/virus story.

The other one was an original playstation magazine called something like 'playstation pro' or something along those lines. How they lasted as long as they did I don't know, information was almost always wrong, screenshots were made up and the cheats section was ridiculous. One great piece of advice they gave was how to defeat Ruby weapon in FF7. The question was 'Ruby weapon kills two of my characters, what do I do!?' The answer they gave and I still have this magazine somewhere. "Use the phoenix summon, it'll revive your characters and utterly fry Ruby weapon."

The reality was, Ruby weapon removes your characters from the battle, so you can't get them back... Phoenix uses fire attacks... which HEAL the Ruby weapon!

But from what the guys at Retro have said would match up my suspicions with this. We know that Sonic 3 & Knuckles was at one point a larger single game. However for this magazine to have a date of December 1993. This would mean that the change to split the game let alone add Knuckles would have had to have been extremely late in development, not to mention how much of a crisis would have been on the promotional material for Knuckles and the game itself. This to me seems extremely unlikely.

Theres also been this which has been bugging me for a while now.

ibmD44CXWd1Q3f.jpg

That was posted originally in the first post, due to how it looks, if it were genuine theres no way it could be anything other than a scanned image, a photograph wouldn't produce something like that. Now take a look the outline of the image, what exactly is that blue line which goes around the top half of it? It can't be the magazine outline because there would be a shadow from the spine of the magazine, not to mention you couldn't scan the image like that if it were still in the magazine. Secondly, if the page had been ripped out from it, it wouldn't make an outline like that, even if you cut it, it wouldn't look like that when you came to scan it.

Also theres just basic information missing like page numbers etc.

But like I said, I have seen and own magazines which are worse than this, so maybe the benefit of the doubt was running high with this one. However, the OP last replied on Saturday, and he was last on SSMB yesterday when people began to question this? For someone who sent this to the TSS inbox trying to get us to news it and for someone who went to all this trouble to get people interested, why is he not here defending this and explaining a few things if indeed it was the real deal.

Is it worth posting the 'don't you believe it' video?

Ok, first I've been out of the forum for a while because I need to work not everyone can stay here 24-7 , and thats why I can't stay here "fighting" for my post.

Second I took out half of the magazine page on Paint so it would just focus in the important stuff, number of the page is not important but if you want it here its "10" (I will not scan anything else because every time I do you people just call me a liar).

If its an hoax or not its not my fault I didn't work on the magazine, and yes I SCANNED the magazine I didn't take a photo, like I said my mobile phone is not good for that it only makes it worse.

The pictures on the magazine are already in horrible quality and the scan doesn't change them much (could you send me the link to the post talking about this on SR? Please.).

And yes I ripped the page off just because of you guys...It was a mistake and now I regret it, my fault.

And this magazine is cheap and cheesy like hell.

I just wanted you people to know about this is that so wrong? Its just awful when something like this is unnoticeable among fans especially classic fans, I did everything I can I was even planning on buying a new scanner but seems like its not worthy (I will buy it though), as you can see sometimes people just need time, I tried to talk with Lucas from SR and I only received some replies I said to him "I can't do better for now but if you can you can still post this, if you don't its ok anyways". I received no reply after that not even one "ok".

I don't want any fame do you remember the names of the guys or guy who found the "Sonic EXTREME" for the Xbox? (Do you remember his name without going to his YT channel?), do you know the name of the guy who found "SONIC & TAILS 2" missing sprites?

C'mon sharing this is important, is it so wrong, look maybe its my fault for not using the right tech for such thing, I should have waited for a while.

Any other questions ask now while I'm on because like I said before I need to work...

(Oh and those blue lines are sketches that I did when I was a kid).

Edited by Oblivionthehog

These are all excuses; I can't tell you how many times I've heard "my cell phone is too crappy." Why don't you now just take up the offer to mail the magazine to a person here who's willing to scan it if you're having such a hard time? Or why not just take a picture of the actual magazine in a room? Open it up to the article in question and just start snapping. No editing in Paint. Even with a crappy cell phone, I think it'd be more difficult to fake that.

Basically, the onus is on you to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this is real, not for us to blindly accept it simply because we're obligated to be interested, and people here and elsewhere have brought up legitimate concerns about this article's authenticity. So what are you waiting for? Stop posting here and get to mailing! I'd honestly much rather believe you and the idea that the article itself is shit than to think of you a liar.

• Thumbs Up 2

These are all excuses; I can't tell you how many times I've heard "my cell phone is too crappy." Why don't you now just take up the offer to mail the magazine to a person here who's willing to scan it if you're having such a hard time? Or why not just take a picture of the actual magazine in a room? Open it up to the article in question and just start snapping. No editing in Paint. Even with a crappy cell phone, I think it'd be more difficult to fake that.

Basically, the onus is on you to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this is real, not for us to blindly accept it simply because we're obligated to be interested, and people here and elsewhere have brought up legitimate concerns about this article's authenticity. So what are you waiting for? Stop posting here and get to mailing! I'd honestly much rather believe you and the idea that the article itself is shit than to think of you a liar.

I heard my topic is being discussed in Sonic Retro, could you get me the link I can't find it...

You've addressed absolutely none of what I said. And what do you need the Retro topic for?

• Thumbs Up 2

You've addressed absolutely none of what I said. And what do you need the Retro topic for?

I was still writing about what you said, please just give me sometime.

I just want to know their opinion

Like I said my mobile phone is horrible the quality will get worse, I will buy a new scanner tomorrow and I will bring up the entire magazine cover and article with no edits...

I just need time.

Could you please just take a picture of the magazine, even if it's with your mobile phone, so we can see if this magazine is real?

Like I said my mobile phone is horrible the quality will get worse, I will buy a new scanner tomorrow and I will bring up the entire magazine cover and article with no edits...

I just need time.

That would be great, thanks.

Could you please just take a picture of the magazine, even if it's with your mobile phone, so we can see if this magazine is real?

That would be great, thanks.

Ok ok...I'll do it, but I want the link to this topic on Sonic Retro after I upload it!

Ok?

Edited by Oblivionthehog

It isn't an issue about whether the picture is good enough with your phone that we can read it. Just good enough so we can verify its existence.

I just need time.

Até amanhã então.

I didn't know that Maxi Consolas was so old.

It isn't an issue about whether the picture is good enough with your phone that we can read it. Just good enough so we can verify its existence.

Done...

I Dunno...seems worse to me.

Nokia_08.jpg

Really guys I have the right to know about the topic on Sonic Retro...

Até amanhã então.

I didn't know that Maxi Consolas was so old.

They suffered a reboot in 2000

Edited by Oblivionthehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was still writing about what you said, please just give me sometime..

Wow... Look, you don't have to reply immediately. You can just say your peace in one single post, even if it's 30 minutes of writing. You're ticking more people off by doing the way you're doing.

In fact, I'm growing more and more in the belief that this is a giant fake. Which is a shame, I wanted to think Red Sonic was a place holder.

• Thumbs Up 2

Done...

I Dunno...seems worse to me.

Nokia_08.jpg

Really guys I have the right to know about the topic on Sonic Retro...

They suffered a reboot in 2000

Thanks for the pic. So the magazine's called Digital Gamer?

Has anyone here heard of it?

EDIT:

Don't think I've seen that Sonic and Tails art before either. Looks like it's of the first zone.

Wow... Look, you don't have to reply immediately. You can just say your peace in one single post, even if it's 30 minutes of writing. You're ticking more people off by doing the way you're doing.

In fact, I'm growing more and more in the belief that this is a giant fake. Which is a shame, I wanted to think Red Sonic was a place holder.

You're right.

I hate when people call me a liar I am doing all I can to show you the magazine and I will do it

Surely having it open on the correct page would help? That doesn't prove a whole lot. Also the fact that the magazine cover is covering most of the page in question.

Thanks for the pic. So the magazine's called Digital Gamer?

Has anyone here heard of it?

Actually the name of the magazine is Maxi Consolas, thats just a special edition called DIGITAL GAMER its a Christmas special

Surely having it open on the correct page would help? That doesn't prove a whole lot. Also the fact that the magazine cover is covering most of the page in question.

I'll take another one if you wish...

Yeah, if you could post another pic of it open at the Sonic 3 page with the other page showing next to it, that would be great. If you could take it in a better lit room, that would be even better.

EDIT;

Oh, and I don't know where the topic on Sonic Retro is.

Yeah, if you could post another pic of it open at the Sonic 3 page with the other page showing next to it, that would be great. If you could take it in a better lit room, that would be even better.

Its night time over here in Portugal but I'll try mate.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that the logo on the magazine cover looks almost.... hand drawn?

Found another cover for Digital gamer here, look at how clean and neat the logo looks;

0100007071396858_f_ft.gif