Awoo.

Was Knuckles a red Sonic in the prototype of sonic 3? Probably...

Oblivionthehog

So is this like the worlds first Sonic recolour?

It depends, if its a place holder for Knux...well yes it is, if its a prototype for Knuckles, well no :)

Fine ._. I am sorry...I just thought this shouldn't be forgotten...this could be knux origins its important to me...sorry

Can we just forget this and keep discussing about the magazine? I really want to know what to do with it...

Edited by Skyler
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is prototype info. Lack of interest is the last thing to expect from something like this.

Ye I know sadly people here don't care :S its Knux origins

Ok you want care? you got it!

Retro wants to add this to their wiki but needs more clear and bigger scans then what you provided, the scans you shown are ok but they are blurry, bright, and cropped. If you can re-scan the cover and the full page(s) of anything Sonic in this magazine in a more clear, bigger quality, I'll submit them to one of the wiki sysops over at Retro if they arn't watching this topic already and they will add it to their wiki with you credited for the find.

You definitely found something we haven't seen before, so congrats for that and thank you for sharing. its rare articles like these that keeps beta discussions going and hoping that one day this beta version will be found.

Edited by goku262002

Retro wants to add this to their wiki but needs more clear and bigger scans then what you provided, the scans you shown are ok but they are blurry, bright, and cropped. If you can re-scan the cover and the full page(s) of anything Sonic in this magazine in a more clear, bigger quality, I'll submit them to one of the wiki sysops over at Retro if they arn't watching this topic already and they will add it to their wiki with you credited for the find.

You definitely found something we haven't seen before, so congrats for that and thank you for sharing. its rare articles like these that keeps beta discussions going and hoping that one day this beta version will be found.

Thank you!!! Oh man this so awesome, I was just trying to show some mystery info...but this?!

Thanks!

Thank you!!! Oh man this so awesome, I was just trying to show some mystery info...but this?!

Thanks!

Sorry I tried all day but its almost impossible to scan it in a better quality, I am sorry.

If you know someone with a modern phone or camera it could probably serve as a viable replacement. Perfect scans would be nice to have but if you don't have that a relatively good camera that you can plug up to your computer should serve perfectly fine compared to the results you got.

If you know someone with a modern phone or camera it could probably serve as a viable replacement. Perfect scans would be nice to have but if you don't have that a relatively good camera that you can plug up to your computer should serve perfectly fine compared to the results you got.

Well I have a Nokia 5800 I think it will do, I'll try!

Thanks for hint ;)

I still find this hard to believe, sorry, especially after that double account fiasco. How can you not scan it at a better resolution with nowadays technology ?

I still find this hard to believe, sorry, especially after that double account fiasco. How can you not scan it at a better resolution with nowadays technology ?

My printer/Scanner is old (not everyone has the money to buy new tech scanners) :S and my mobile phone sucks so...

I mean if you don't believe its your opinion I am not here to change minds, I brought this up because it seems awesome like I said I just want the fans to know!

That's why I made the second account, fans are not interested in this and I was just trying to create interest it was wrong I am sorry!

Though there's another member (redhellc) here who's from Portugal that had contact with the magazine, check the posts!

Edited by Oblivionthehog

Yes thats what you can do, try to find someone who is willing to help you get these scans in higher quality.

Redhellc, is it possible you can help?

So I just stumbled across this topic on SR, and after looking at those screenshots I honestly think they're hoaxes. Back in the 90's gaming magazines did this kind of stuff to get more readers, and to hype up the fans before the game was released. Even in the early years of the Sonic Scene fans made hoaxes and attempted to pass them off as actual beta footage. But if this is truly from a magazine, then please have someone scan them for you that has a high quality scanner. Even if they are hoaxes, they're still interesting to see. :V

• Thumbs Up 2

So I just stumbled across this topic on SR, and after looking at those screenshots I honestly think they're hoaxes. Back in the 90's gaming magazines did this kind of stuff to get more readers, and to hype up the fans before the game was released. Even in the early years of the Sonic Scene fans made hoaxes and attempted to pass them off as actual beta footage. But if this is truly from a magazine, then please have someone scan them for you that has a high quality scanner. Even if they are hoaxes, they're still interesting to see. :V

So guys I asked a friend about what I should do, he said "I can help you, send me the link to the pics"...

He did this...I dunno if it helps... anyways I am still trying to find a good camera :)

1-1.jpg

How would you feel about mailing the magazine to me to scan, then I could post it back to you once I've done it?

How would you feel about mailing the magazine to me to scan, then I could post it back to you once I've done it?

Take my mail Robalo_006@hotmail.com

Yes thats what you can do, try to find someone who is willing to help you get these scans in higher quality.

Redhellc, is it possible you can help?

I wasn't buying the magazine at that time so no help there.

But I won't mind helping in another way possible, I'm one message away.biggrin.png

Oh well if Redhellc can do it, best you get in touch, won't cost as much then to mail between you.

I wasn't buying the magazine at that time so no help there.

But I won't mind helping in another way possible, I'm one message away.biggrin.png

I am from Almada

Thanks anyways :)

I am from Almada

Well as you can see I'm from Coimbra, but I don't have a problem if you send it to me.

I can scan it, like I already did once, and send it to you again in no time.

I only load the stadium everyday to check if you've posted better scans of new info. No new info, no replies, so stop asking for "care" and actually bring something we can care for! Those scans you posted earlier looks too bad to really see what it is, and can be easily hoaxable. Please, bring real evidence, more scans, scans of the rest of the magazine to see if the others articles are in the same design of that one ( I find pretty strange that a games magazine, even if it's old, uses just a blank page with a few photos and a plain text to something as big as this...). Send the magazine to Redhelic, or to someone else. I'm from Spain, it's a near country. I can scan it for you and send it back if you want. Or if you can record video, please record a video of the magazine, show it to prove it's real.

There definitely is interest. But we need more to be sure this is not a joke. There have been lots of people who had tried to trick the community before just to have their 5 minutes of glory. We cannot believe anyone, not speccially if they are desperate for "care" enough to create a fake account.

Edited by ashthedragon

Yup people care a lot ._.

Don't bump a topic and make these kinds of posts; if nobody's responded yet then there's nothing you can do about it if you have nothing else to offer at the given moment.

Yup people care a lot ._.

Well.... did you bother to mail the magazine to someone who can scan it using a scanner instead of a toaster?

Only I can't believe it's been a week since people were offering to scan the issue for you and theres been no updates or explanations on why the scans/photos still look so bad. Even if these had been taken using an old mobile phone, there is no way these images should look as poor as they do.

Although I have to confess, I am starting to lean in the direction of hoax with this, main reason being is that if the date on the magazine is right, this issue would have come out somewhere between 2-3 months before the game was released in Europe right? So why did they use these screenshots and not the ones every other magazine were using... come to think of it, how would they get those screenshots? Because I can't see Sega Europe back then handing out images like that if they had authorised beta images to give away that everyone else was using.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oblivion, I'll give you my address and you can mail me the magazine if you feel like it.

As for the pics, they're likely hoaxes. There's just too much added on- for starters, the videogame press industry in Portugal was never that much advanced, particularly in the 90's (though it's interesting that this is the magazine that years later would break the news on the sequel to NiGHTS); there was also a widespread practice to hoax screenshots in order to create interest, as was said before.

My theory:

SEGA of Europe sends a couple screenshots and description of the story.

The editor decides to focus on the "Red rival" angle.

Some red Sonics are pasted upon some of the screenshots

EDIT: OF COURSE, there's always the fact that this is fake.

MAXI Consolas does exist, yes. Or did, rather. However, it only started being known by that name in 2004, being beforehand known as Multi Consolas (strike one!), which was only published from something like 2000-forward. (strike two!) Multiple Google searches indicate that there was no "Digital Gamer" nor "Maxi Consolas" magazines in the 90's Portugal; At the most you had Mega Score, which was 100% SEGA dedicated. Would've been a smarter choice for the hoax.

So yeah, sorry it took me so long to remember, but final nail in the coffin.

Of course, there's the fact redhelic seems to remember having perused this magazine; so I am open to being mailed this thing, so I can scan it myself.

Edited by Let's All Love Lain
  • Thumbs Up 1