Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

GOD DAMN ROBOTS! GOD DAMN SPLICERS! GOD DAMN BONANZA BROTHERS!

Side step to your left!

YOU'RE NOT ESCAPING FROM ME BOY!

This is what happens when you don't play the game since you got the leaked DLC! 7th place twice in a row! 7th! In a row!

Damn Nemain, That was fast o.O

Thanks! Lost Palace is my fave track, I was glad it came up. Wasn't expecting to win though. xD

EDIT: Seems my PS3 just froze. Crud. ;_;

Edited by Nemain

Looks like the game is full, or it can't find SA2's game for some reason. I'll keep refreshing just to make sure. I hope it isn't my silly rural internet connection...

The game invites don't seem to be working either. :(

We have 2 spaces now by the current looks of the lobby, 1 is for Nemain though as he says he's PS3's frozen on him.

No, we aren't full anymore, I invited you when someone left. There's 2 spots open, and I just invited Amorbis and Nemain again

The invite didn't work, I got the dreaded 'game no longer available' error. You'll have to send me a batch of invites just to make sure that I get enough attempts to connect. :lol:

How weird... Well I sent you like 4 so xD

Sorry guys, forgot to change the stage x:

Edited by SA2

The invite didn't work, I got the dreaded 'game no longer available' error. You'll have to send me a batch of invites just to make sure that I get enough attempts to connect. :lol:

Just sent you an invite.

Okay, this is bad.

My PS3 isn't reading the disc (or for that matter, any type of disc) since I rebooted from the freeze. At all.

Crap. Sorry guys... Looks like my Blu-Ray has burnt out.

Okay, this is bad.

My PS3 isn't reading the disc (or for that matter, any type of disc) since I rebooted from the freeze. At all.

Crap. Sorry guys... Looks like my Blu-Ray has burnt out.

Aww damn, that sucks big time :(

That sucks Nemain :(

I had that problem with my first PS3, it stopped reading Blu-Rays but could read DVD's, PS2 DVD Roms and CD's fine. Had to send it off to Sony and they sent me a new console back. Luckily it happened under the 1 year guarantee.

I still can't join, I wish I knew what was wrong. Still, not as bad as getting a broken PS3, I'm sorry to hear that Nemain.:(

Edit: Is it normal for the invite to go to the title screen thing again before it attempts to join? Where it gives the save warning.

Edited by Amorbis

That sucks Nemain :(

I had that problem with my first PS3, it stopped reading Blu-Rays but could read DVD's, PS2 DVD Roms and CD's fine. Had to send it off to Sony and they sent me a new console back. Luckily it happened under the 1 year guarantee.

Mine's barely used but is 18 months old, so it's way out of guarantee. It's a 160GB. It's not reading CDs, DVDs or game discs at all. With all the issues surrounding firmware 3.1, it may just be better to sell this one as faulty and get a Slim if Sony won't replace with a Slim.

Geez... I finally get to have an online match with you guys and my PS3 dies.. Real sorry. :(

Here's a pic of what it's doing... It's whirring and the disc icon is loading, but no game icon appears. Pretty sure the Blu-Ray has gone.

PICT2451.jpg

Amorbis: Yes, that's normal. Hope you have fun!

Edited by Nemain

I still can't join, I wish I knew what was wrong. Still, not as bad as getting a broken PS3, I'm sorry to hear that Nemain.:(

Edit: Is it normal for the invite to go to the title screen thing again before it attempts to join? Where it gives the save warning.

Yeah, it's normal that it does that, don't worry.

Which one of you guys is FallenMessiah? You're really cracking the whip on all of our asses :lol:

It looks like it isn't working so I'll give up this time. I'm fairly sure that a few hundred searches and failed invites means it doesn't want me to play. :(

I'll try again if you all decide to get together again, but thanks for the help and I hope you have some good races! :)

Mine's barely used but is 18 months old, so it's way out of guarantee. It's a 160GB. It's not reading CDs, DVDs or game discs at all. With all the issues surrounding firmware 3.1, it may just be better to sell this one as faulty and get a Slim if Sony won't replace with a Slim.

Geez... I finally get to have an online match with you guys and my PS3 dies.. Real sorry. :(

Here's a pic of what it's doing... It's whirring and the disc icon is loading, but no game icon appears. Pretty sure the Blu-Ray has gone.

PICT2451.jpg

Amorbis: Yes, that's normal. Hope you have fun!

Looks like your lasers are faulty, you'll have to give Sony a ring and see what they can do in terms of repairing or replacing. See if they charge or not and check what it'll cost compared to buying a new one at the cheapest retailer. If they charge it may be cheaper to pay that than buy 1 new.

Take it back to the store under the sales of goods act. Cite the bite about cost of product vs life of product. Because 18 months for a £200+ console? Thats not long enough a life span at all for what it can do in my book.

But I don't think that the laser is burnt out, I think that it's faulty, if it was totally gone you should get an error code I think. Is the PS3 standing or flat?

Anyway going to stop now. Also.... is it just me or is there a lot of issues with online play tonight? My screen isn't showing ryo, he keeps glitching all over the screen, sometimes I'll pass him then seconds later hes far ahead of me. Even a weapons lock doesn't work. Anyone else noticed a few issues tonight?

Edited by Casanova

Yeah, Ryo seems to be glitching about on my screen too. Since about the 3rd race tonight alot of things seem to be a bit slow connecting everywhere like weapons etc...

It's flat and in a well ventilated area. I also clean it regularly to stop it getting dusty. Really just seems like bad luck. I won't open it and try to mess about with it though. I'll leave that to Sony. Needless to say, not happy. Sorry for letting you guys down. I really enjoyed the races I was there though, so thanks everyone. Nearly got you first race, Shad, and a good win by 7 seconds on Lost Palace. Can't be sad with those showings, at least!

Wish me luck with the repairs. Will let you all know what happens.

EDIT: Ryo jumped about a bit on Lost Palace too. Everyone else was bunched up behind me as far back as the icons go as I was pretty far ahead, but he kept appearing like he was 2-3 seconds behind, then dropping back again. Latency/lag issues, maybe?

Edited by Nemain

It could be the fact i'm using wireless internet with my PS3, which could be causing this lag you guys are seeing.