Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

So much JPEG compression.. It does look nice though. Neat that it plays the music from the game.

You know, I really need to play this with more people.

Has this recent patch blocked you from playing as Ryo-F while someone else is being normal Ryo online and vice versa? Just been in an online race where someone in the lobby had chosen Ryo but I couldn't pick Ryo-F. When I first got Ryo-F for pre-ordering the game I could pick Ryo-F while someone else had normal Ryo. This is on the Xbox 360 version, I don't have Ryo-F on my PS3 version so I don't know if the same thing is happening there.

Nice to see they're still updating the website. I want wallpapers, dammit! D:

Has this recent patch blocked you from playing as Ryo-F while someone else is being normal Ryo online and vice versa? Just been in an online race where someone in the lobby had chosen Ryo but I couldn't pick Ryo-F. When I first got Ryo-F for pre-ordering the game I could pick Ryo-F while someone else had normal Ryo. This is on the Xbox 360 version, I don't have Ryo-F on my PS3 version so I don't know if the same thing is happening there.

It was like this for me since the start, I've told you guys about this before here and SEGA boards, but everyone said I was just doing something wrong.

~.~

• Thumbs Up 1

One track pack (hurr rhyme) I'd like to see would be a one based on some classic Sonic Zones.

Stardust Speedway? Hydrocity Zone? Chemical Plant?

I choose these because they're all winding and twisty so you could make some cool tracks out of them, but also they're quite different environments so they'd add variety.

It was like this for me since the start, I've told you guys about this before here and SEGA boards, but everyone said I was just doing something wrong.

~.~

Hmm... could have sworn I could select one while someone else played as the other, wouldn't be the first time I've remembered something incorrectly though :lol:

The Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing website is still being updated!

Metal Sonic has been added to the Characters section (complete with sexy 360° vehicle rotation and bio), and some infos about the Avatar Marketplace additions are up as well. The All-Star Moves section hasn't been touched since the leak fiasco however, and Avatar and Mii haven't been added to the Characters section yet. And it could still use some downloads.

Still a neat site though!

That makes me wonder how long Metal Sonic has been on the site. lol, what if he was there a week before we even knew of him being DLC?

Also, makes me wonder if all the other (if any) DLC racers will appear on the site in the future.

Edited by Doctor Eggman

A bit of a heads up, but SASASR is the spotlight demo on the disc being released with the latest issue of Official Xbox Magazine in the US. Glad to see the demo is still making the rounds even after the game's release.

That makes me wonder how long Metal Sonic has been on the site. lol, what if he was there a week before we even knew of him being DLC?

Also, makes me wonder if all the other (if any) DLC racers will appear on the site in the future.

WE SHOULD HACK THE SITE AND FIND OUT LOL

• Thumbs Up 1

A bit of a heads up, but SASASR is the spotlight demo on the disc being released with the latest issue of Official Xbox Magazine in the US. Glad to see the demo is still making the rounds even after the game's release.

Cool, it's the same with the UK Official Xbox Magazine that just came out too -

http://ezine.oxm.co.uk/

That's the sampler, first page after the cover you can see a pic of the demo disc case. I guess the UK and U.S. OXM must really like the game.

WE SHOULD HACK THE SITE AND FIND OUT LOL

Ha! From the looks of things, it appears that they've learned their lesson. And I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears that there's only room for 1 more character on the site's roster.

sasasrsiteroster.jpg

The way that things are ordered is a bit odd, as characters are all evenly numbered with an interval of two. Here's how it goes -

0 - ???

2 - ???

4 - Ulala

6 - AiAi

8 - Akira

10 - Amigo

12 - Amy

14 - Mobo & Robo

16 - Eggman

18 - Zobio & Zobiko

20 - Ryo

22 - Sonic

24 - Tails

26 - Banjo & Kazooie

28 - Shadow

30 - Alex

32 - B.D. Joe

34 - Beat

36 - Big

38 - Billy

40 - Chuih, ChuPea, ChuBei, & ChuBach

42 - Knuckles

44 - Opa-opa

46 - Metal Sonic

48 - ???

50 - Website background

Unless characters are planned for spots 0 and 2, it appears that only one more DLC character (#48) is on the way. Which is cool with me - a lot of hard work gets put into these guys!

• Thumbs Up 2

Very good find, Sumo did say there was a series of DLC that would be released so there is a good chance we'll see another character. Also, the site could always be updated just in case a new dlc is planned.

Edited by RGX

What an odd file numbering system, lol. Well, the numbers could very well increase as not only is 48 missing, but so are 52, 54, 56 etc.

I guess we'll have to keep a closer eye on the website!

edit: also that preview video from way back when mentioned that a "host" of DLC will be available after launch. Metal & 1 track is hardly a "host of content", so we can at least hope for 2-3 more packs. (I'm keeping my expectations low, so when Sumo announces 6 new characters and tracks, I'll be surprised ;) )

Edited by Doctor Eggman

If there is to be only one more character then it better not be a waste. But site link numbers are hardly the be all and end all of what to expect.

I'm sad that the PS3 has no exclusive characters. They should've put a few Sony characters like Sackboy, the Loco Roco, and one of the Hot Shots Golf characters during development. I think they should be DLC. Same goes for the two characters from Rail Chase, Arle from Puyo Puyo, and Ristar. However, it was still fun. By the way guys, the announcer is outstanding and very funny.

Also, I saw a video on YouTube about where to see Sonia in Roulette Rode.

• Thumbs Up 2

What an odd file numbering system, lol. Well, the numbers could very well increase as not only is 48 missing, but so are 52, 54, 56 etc.

...imagine our surprise once we find out that all odd numbers between 0 and 48 are to be filled with a new character! Over double the standard roster! :lol:

I'm certainly going to keep my eyes on this. I wonder what wonderful surprises are still in store for us.

Sony characters didn't make it in due to Sony wanting to give their own kart racer fist dibs at exclusive guest characters. So Sega and Sumo's hands are sort of tied. :-/

I don't want to put the dampners on it... but what if one of those is ryo-f?

Final 3: Super Shadow, Super Sonic and Silver!

Kidding, kidding.

Vyse & Aika in a hovership, Blaze (Streets of Rage) in the police car and Keil Fluge or Orta on a dragon would be pretty awesome.

Then consider us Ryo-F'd.

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 1

It might be Ryo-F... but it'd seem a bit awkward to add him after Metal Sonic. It's certainly a possibility though.

I would so love it if it was Blaze and Axel in the police car.

But I would love it more if it was 1970's trousers mode. Oh so long as theres support for the game then 1970's trousers mode may still make it in *twitch*

Here's hoping for more track "Packs" rather than single ones, because as great as the Egg Hangar looks (is that the name? I forget) it needs more Death Egg tracks beside it! I know a lot of work goes into these so I'm not expecting loads, just a few at a time would be nice. :)