Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

I'd love to see DLC featuring Alex Kidd on his pedicopter. Only Alex and Ryo have two separate vehicles. All the other characters leap out of their car or get an upgrade.

Is it just me who see's the irony in a character called Alex Kidd riding in a Pedicopter??

Who cares I hate him anyway.

Back on topic; Metal Sonic's car looks well....kinda stupid, it reminds me of a fish or something, and I know this is gonna open up the old argument of "characters should be in vehicles", but I was kinda hoping Metal Sonic would just race as himself, technically he is a vehicle.

Also I'm not seeing this Death Egg zone...it doesn't resemble anything I recognise as being the Death Egg, and I'm not seeing the Doomsday Robotnik's final boss people say is there either.

Edited by The-Master-Board
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 4

Man, I'm really bummed that I can't access any DLC right now, as my 360's busted. :( Too bad it will cost $100 to repair it, as it's out of warranty. Hopefully soon I can play the 360 version again, as the DLC that's coming out just looks awesome (even though some have been deleted afterwards). :)

Also I'm not seeing this Death Egg zone...it doesn't resemble anything I recognise as being the Death Egg, and I'm not seeing the Doomsday Robotnik's final boss people say is there either.

Except...everything? Look around, it's totally S3K's Death Egg. It even has several of the final boss mechs FSS (albeit green)

We really, really don't need any more sonic stuff in this game.

We want some more good characters like Ristar and Vectorman.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 3

Who is "we" again? Just you? Oh ok, cause I really didn't mind more Sonic characters being added, especially when Sega considers the game a Sonic title XD

Also I do recall Vectorman being rejected early on, so I doubt he'll make the DLC cut.

• Thumbs Up 1

We do? Since when?

We've got Ristar, he's a cameo, being playable isn't going to happen, I've lost count the number of times that they've said that. Personally, from reading around here and a bunch of other places, one of the most popular choices, even with the dev team. Is Axel and Blaze driving the Swat car, even S0L has said that inclusion would be awesome.

However, as one of the few people who own the Metal Sonic & Death Egg combo pack, I'd much rather the DLC focus be on modes or tracks than characters.

Edited by Casanova

I don't mind Sonic characters, but seeing a non Sonic character as DLC would be cool too. Axel and Blaze would be awesome, but I'm especially hoping that there will somehow be a reference to Joe Musashi (you know, from Shinobi). I would even be happy with a cameo somehow.

And I gotta follow that more tracks would be great, especially based on series already represented in the game as characters... I'd love to see an Alex Kidd or Fantasy Zone track.

Just noticed Autosaver's posted this at the SEGA forums -

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=322967

DarkspinesSonic is at it again, this time with the ChuChu's -

Title: Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - The ChuChus' Secret Weapon! (Infinite boosting + Enhanced Turning)

I lol'd at the irony when he was doing the trick and the announcer says "Well isn't this a quiet one? Wake me up when you guys start driving for real huh?"

I'll use my video to illustrate where the Death Egg references are.

@ 0:15 the start line is the Boss from Sonic & Knuckles Death Egg Zone Act 1.

@ 0:25 1 Doomsday battle ship flies over the track and follows you for a few moments.

@ 1.13 the background is the area from the S&K Death Egg Zone

@ 1:20 when you exit the hanger you see the earth below, very similar to the start of Death Egg Act 2 when the bottom of the Death Egg explodes and you see the earth below.

@ 2:30 there is another Doomsday battleship flying out in space.

• Thumbs Up 5

DarkspinesSonic is at it again, this time with the ChuChu's -

I still don't.. see the infinite drifting. All I saw in that video is the the enhanced turning/speed you get from using the All-Star move not wearing off. It's a glitch that most people would never even attempt or figure out. Outside of that, you see them drifting and chaining boosts normally.

Maybe I need to record another video of myself playing and see if people look at it as infinite drifting, because I swear it just looks like me playing

Edited by Chooch

I still think the track looks amazing, and the music that plays during this race (from Sonic Fighters, right?) is awesome. :)

Now I also paid more attention to the background and noticed that you can see Ristar quite well. But I didn't see the boss from Sonic 3 & Knuckles that I heard was in this track too. Anybody sees him in that video?

Edited by KillingRaptor

Now I also paid more attention to the background and noticed that you can see Ristar quite well. But I didn't see the boss from Sonic 3 & Knuckles that I heard was in this track too. Anybody sees him in that video?

This is a video showing a run of Death Egg act 1. Skip to 1:50 to see the boss, it's that strange eye thing.

Now look at this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av9nnnoGkTQ

Right at the start when the countdown is underway, look down the track at the start line, you see where the checkered banner is going across the track? Look at whats holding it up, It's two of those eye things, the boss from the original game. You can see it much better in game if you just drive upto it and look. But its definately there, when I played with Dread and Shadz I spotted it and they were both saying "Where?" so I said, go to the start grid and spot where I am, then look at the things holding up the banner. They both spotted it.

The Doomsday boss however, it's all over the place, one flies over the track just after the first bend, then theres a couple more later on, you see another when you do the jump/go past Ristar thats flying around in space.

Edited by Casanova

Is it just me who see's the irony in a character called Alex Kidd riding in a Pedicopter??

Who cares I hate him anyway.

Not really, because it's actually called the Peticopter. 'Puchi' is the Japanese word for 'Petit' (French for 'small'). So it's literally 'smallcopter'.

For people who want a better video of Metal Sonic and Death Egg Zone track:

Thanks for the video! What is the song playing before the race starts? It sounds familiar but I can't put my finger on it. Neat that they used a song from Sonic The Fighters for the ending jingle too! One interesting thing I noticed is when Metal Sonic is hit at 3:45 he makes the noise from when you select him in SA2's multiplayer mode, so it's not just Rivals/Winter Olympics clips.

I lol'd at 4:40 when one of the big cannons fired a laser and then shortly after the announcer happens to say "Now that's some shooting worth talking about!" Indeed it is. :lol:

Unfortunately, neither of those has a chance of showing up now. :(

Honestly, I'd keep my expectations low in regards to any retro gems from the Genesis days showing up. At this point, it just seems to me like Sumo's going to put in obvious DLC like tons of Sonic stuff and maybe a track or 2 from a Dreamcast franchise (Shenume and Space Channel 5 perhaps). Genesis things will probably just get a dull cameo like Ristar did.

I'd love to be wrong, but I think it's best not to get hopes too high just to have them crushed. At least their actually giving us more tracks, I guess.

Intro tune is: Death Egg's Hangar ~ Hurry Up

Outro tune is: Misson Complete ~ Egg Fanfare

Forget the Genesis, the SATURN needs love. Virtua Cop, Panzer Dragoon, Clockwork Knight and (yes even) NiGHTS.

Edited by Doctor Eggman

I can see what will happen. They'll jam the roster with loads of poor character choices and totally ruin the game, characters we already basically have like theyve done with metal sonic. We'll see meemee, amiga, Gum, Pudding, blaze the cat, ryo in a teacup, sonic in dungarees and eggman without a moustache.

• Bad Quality Post 4

I can see what will happen. They'll jam the roster with loads of poor character choices and totally ruin the game, characters we already basically have like theyve done with metal sonic. We'll see meemee, amiga, Gum, Pudding, blaze the cat, ryo in a teacup, sonic in dungarees and eggman without a moustache.

Ok we get it, you want Ristar as a playable character.... It's not happening. Sumo have said constantly that it will happen.

As for your hypothesis of what will happen... just grow up.

Metal Sonic made it because he'll sell, other than die hard Sega fans, to put in Ristar or Vectorman, very few other people will get it because very few people remember those old characters or still play them to this day. Metal Sonic is not only iconic with the older lot, he's a regular in a lot of modern games, new fans will be interested because they know who he is.

I think this is part of the reason why Ryo-F is at the price he is.

Edited by Casanova

Yeah, outside of Virtua Fighter (and the NiGHTS cameo) the Saturn didn't get much love. Genesis did get a Bonanza Bros. revival, so it would be nice to see a Saturn franchise get that treatment....or they could just throw in Segata as originally planned. :P

But to be honest, I think Saturn stuff is even less likely than more Genesis related DLC. I hate being a downer and all, but having hopes crushed is even less fun.

Lol, so much for me being the Negative Nancy. I'm not thrilled with every choice Sumo has made myself (...Big....) but they already said they would add any side characters like they did in Sega Superstar Tennis. Well, expect the groupies of the Sonic franchise that is!*SHOT*

Anyway, no need to get crazy. Surely Ryo and a Bonanza Bros. revival aren't the only tricks they had up their sleeve. I recall S0L mentioning there being a lot of request for Vyse...

Edited by Tentomon