Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Right at the start when the countdown is underway, look down the track at the start line, you see where the checkered banner is going across the track? Look at whats holding it up, It's two of those eye things, the boss from the original game. You can see it much better in game if you just drive upto it and look. But its definately there, when I played with Dread and Shadz I spotted it and they were both saying "Where?" so I said, go to the start grid and spot where I am, then look at the things holding up the banner. They both spotted it.

The Doomsday boss however, it's all over the place, one flies over the track just after the first bend, then theres a couple more later on, you see another when you do the jump/go past Ristar thats flying around in space.

Now I see it, and there I was constantly looking for that giant robot from Eggman that was the boss from Act 2. :lol:

As for Genesis characters, at least Ristar made it in as a cameo. :)

I was already glad we got Alex Kidd, Opa-Opa and the Bonanza Brothers, even though those first two were more from the Master System era.

Lol, so much for me being the Negative Nancy. I'm not thrilled with every choice Sumo has made myself (...Big....)

As I've reminded everyone many times before, Sumo Digital's Development Director Craig Duncan has said in alot of his interviews that Big the Cat is his personal favourite character, there's nothing wrong with the games staff filling 1 of the character slots with their favourite character after all the work they've done on the game. Some people like me love Big anyway, if only for the comedy value which fits in well with a kart racing game. "WAIT FOR ME FROGGY!!" :lol:

@ 2:17 -

• Thumbs Up 2

Intro tune is: Death Egg's Hangar ~ Hurry UpOutro tune is: Misson Complete ~ Egg FanfareForget the Genesis, the SATURN needs love. Virtua Cop, Panzer Dragoon, Clockwork Knight and (yes even) NiGHTS.

I'd love to see the Virtua Cop crew in a police car, but I guess it would be unlikely. I would think that characters that use guns influence the game's age rating a bit, which is maybe why Zobio and Zobiko were chosen instead of someone like G or Rogan.

I don't mind the focus on Sonic for DLC, after all it'll sell the best, but I don't think I'd buy any of Sonic's more annoying chums.

I'v just turned my game on to play it, and its weird that theres loads of stuff missing, my gilius thunderhead has been removed. Zool seems to have been zapped back to the nth dimension and when i went to select ristar i found out that he crashed his vehicle on the death egg zone.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'v just turned my game on to play it, and its weird that theres loads of stuff missing, my gilius thunderhead has been removed. Zool seems to have been zapped back to the nth dimension and when i went to select ristar i found out that he crashed his vehicle on the death egg zone.

Why do you keep going on about this?

Ristar is not playable, he's never going to be playable, they've said countless times that he won't be playable.

Edited by Casanova
  • Thumbs Up 2

As I said, I'd try to get another image out to you guys. Sorry it took so long, but I can't wait to hear what you guys see in this picture!

SSMB_Hint_2.png

EDIT: And yes, it's a snippet of something bigger, but if (by some crazy means) you altered the full version of this, I think it'd just give everything away. :'D

Edited by Aptiva

Ristar is not playable, he's never going to be playable, they've said countless times that he won't be playable.

In a way I regret buying the game because of this, knowing that of the few characters that actually ARE going to be DLC, instead of going for the popular character choices that fans actually want in the game, they'll just pull names from a hat.

Oh look, Bark the Polar Bear is a DLC character. Joining him is Astal, Joe Montana and the Rub Rabbit. Thanks Sumo. <_<

Edited by PsychoJosh
  • Thumbs Up 1

Because they totally weren't dishing out blatant fan service by putting Ryo Hazuki in the game and having his All-Star move being his signature forklift. They doing the best with what they can nab. I don't really give a shit about Metal Sonic but a lot of people do and the track is awesome so it's worth buying even though I don't like Metal Sonic.

You're spouting nonsense if you think that they're just picking whoever.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hmm... green and purple? I can't think of anything off the top of my head. *Scours the internet for green and purple SEGA stuff* :lol:

EDIT:

OMG that has to be Vectorman, the purple bit is one of his joints :o Some pics on Google Images show blue joints while others show purple, the filter could be making the blue slightly purple though.

109661-vectorman.jpg

In a way I regret buying the game because of this, knowing that of the few characters that actually ARE going to be DLC, instead of going for the popular character choices that fans actually want in the game, they'll just pull names from a hat.

Oh look, Bark the Polar Bear is a DLC character. Joining him is Astal, Joe Montana and the Rub Rabbit. Thanks Sumo. <_<

It's a multiformat title aimed at the mass market, just adding in characters that the fans will know and love will barely sell any titles. Putting in characters that even non Sega fans will know will definately get people buying.

But come on? Ryo? Jacky and Akira? Chu-Chu's, that wierd red blob thing and to a certainly extent Ulala. They're by no means mainstream or widly popular/known. But to the Sega Fans they're great inclusions.

It just sounds to me like you're slagging off Sumo because your favourite didn't get in, well guess what, Axel and Blaze were my number 2 choice after 1970's trousers mode and neither of those got in. But I'm not going around grumbling at every opportunity because whats left in there is amazingly fun.

SSMB_Hint_2.png

It's froggy wearing a pair of 1970's trousers! WOO!

Actually... for some reason it reminds me of the ghost of Pac-Man.

OMG that is Vectorman, the purple bit is one of his joints

Unless it's another cameo, because I thought they wouldn't be doing anymore characters for a while?

Edited by Casanova
  • Thumbs Up 2

I know what it is, the colours match perfectly and SEGA have history with him -

hulk%20ps3.jpg

incredible_hulk_car.jpg

Beep beep!

Firstly, I'd like to make some input on the people upset by characters that won't make it into the game. Why not just be grateful that some of the classic characters that ARE in the game are there? It could have been just a Sonic racing game, you know? I'm imagining they put the characters in that would be recognized more. And most of the time Sonic characters tend to be the most popular, so they'd make the most income as DLC. Also, consider that newcomers would by this game, that might not know a lot of these old franchises. Sonic stuff probably would be more recognizable. The game itself will never have everything you want, so get over it. Enjoy what's there and don't get all upset because one character or something won't be included. Well.. Pretty much what Casanova said, lol.

Honestly, I hope there will be more Billy Hatcher stuff.. Maybe add Rolly or something as a new racer, that'd be cool. But that's just my opinion. Not gonna ruin it for me if more stuff isn't added. I'd be totally cool with more Sonic stuff. Not just because I'm a fan.. But I want to see how the characters/tracks are pulled off. More music too.

Secondly, onto the picture...

It kinda looks like Mystic Cave to me. Kiiinda.

But more so it looks like a real photo. Like of a person. If you put it on its side.

And lol, the Hulk in a car xD

Because they totally weren't dishing out blatant fan service by putting Ryo Hazuki in the game and having his All-Star move being his signature forklift. They doing the best with what they can nab. I don't really give a shit about Metal Sonic but a lot of people do and the track is awesome so it's worth buying even though I don't like Metal Sonic.

You're spouting nonsense if you think that they're just picking whoever.

Am I talking about the characters that are already in the game? No, I'm talking solely about DLC. Don't drag in a conversation that has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I do love the game immensely but I'm just saddened that the DLC character choices will be inevitably poor (unless they throw us all for a loop and do listen to the popular vote). Besides, I do recall them stating that Ryo was planned to be in the game from day one and no amount of fan weigh-in had anything to do with the decision. I do agree about the Death Egg Zone track, I'll be buying the pack based on that alone. But my point is that with Metal Sonic there are just as many people disappointed by him as there are people excited for him. If the character were Ristar nobody would be disappointed, or at least the people that were would be in the vast minority.

It's a multiformat title aimed at the mass market, just adding in characters that the fans will know and love will barely sell any titles. Putting in characters that even non Sega fans will know will definately get people buying.

...you're saying that no one apart from hardcore Sega fans know who Vectorman or Toejam & Earl are? :blink:

• Thumbs Up 1

Ahahaha! XDD I prayed that 1970's Trousers mode would get a cameo in the game, if not a full on mode. Also, Lawl at the Hulk.

(EDIT - I'd pay to have a DLC "Sonic Says" pack, which would change it to a tip like "Run into a cheater online? That's NO good! Here's what'cha do! <explanation of how to report someone>". Then I'd have one with Sonic asking "How do I unlock 1970's trousers mode?")

Edited by Aptiva

Unless it's another cameo, because I thought they wouldn't be doing anymore characters for a while?

I don't think they've said anything about not doing characters for a while, if it's a track I'd have to go with what SA2's guess at Mystic Cave Zone. I wish we were allowed clues as to wether these teaser pics are for characters, tracks or music.

:'D Maybe it's none of the above. Or maybe you're just not looking hard enough.

Starlight Rage Zone has just pointed out the clue in the pic's address -

The picture link states it's "Sonic Related" though.

Sorry to state that though.

Also, the link states "SonicTH2006" but I was told that is the guys name on it but it could be wrong.

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5722047&postcount=470

SRZ is correct too -

SSMB_Hint_2.png

SonicTH2006/Sonic%20Related/SSMB_Hint_2

Silver confirmed?? or Mephiles? or Elise?

Oh, ahahaha. xD Don't look into that. That's my old Photobucket name that I use for most Sonic related things, and other lame stuff when I'm too lazy to sign out. It was before Sonic 06 came out. I can singlehandedly confirm that the DLC has nothing to do with Sonic 06 in any shape, or form. Perhaps in a way, though...

(EDIT - To clarify, yeah, SonicTH2006 is just the photobucket name. I was a hyped nublet that got into totally sucked into the hype monster for that game. xP )

Edited by Aptiva

Well, there goes my dreams.. of an absolution. :C That was bad, I'm sorry. lol

So.. In a way it might be '06 related?

I'm guessing it must be a vague Sonic thing then. Like something that's in near all the games.

Oh, ahahaha. xD Don't look into that. That's my old Photobucket name that I use for most Sonic related things, and other lame stuff when I'm too lazy to sign out. It was before Sonic 06 came out. I can singlehandedly confirm that the DLC has nothing to do with Sonic 06 in any shape, or form. Perhaps in a way, though...

(EDIT - To clarify, yeah, SonicTH2006 is just the photobucket name. I was a hyped nublet that got into totally sucked into the hype monster for that game. xP )

Lol! okie doke. Hmm.. this is all very ticky. That "Perhaps in a way, though..." statement leads me to wonder if it's Blaze or Silver seeing as they appeared in Sonic '06. Maybe music from Sonic '06? Hmm...

...you're saying that no one apart from hardcore Sega fans know who Vectorman or Toejam & Earl are? :blink:

The recommended age of the game is 7. So which age group are we talking about? I'm assuming you're hoping I'll say something along the lines of people my age? Then what level of videogame knowledge do they have? Do they know a lot about past video games? The game is being marketed for a mass market, not just big videogame fans or Sega fans, but the odd person who will recognise a lot of the names and faces but may try out some of the more obscure ones.

Just look at the box, the title character is Sonic, theres tails and robotnik, even if you're very young or don't know much about videogames, chances are you'll recognise them... back of the box, more Sonic characters and a couple of older ones. But if I showed the back of the box to some people who didn't know much about videogames, chances are they'd name the Sonic ones, but be totally stumped at the rest.

Ahahaha! XDD I prayed that 1970's Trousers mode would get a cameo in the game, if not a full on mode. Also, Lawl at the Hulk.

(EDIT - I'd pay to have a DLC "Sonic Says" pack, which would change it to a tip like "Run into a cheater online? That's NO good! Here's what'cha do! <explanation of how to report someone>". Then I'd have one with Sonic asking "How do I unlock 1970's trousers mode?")

I've actually had the most lovely message from one of the devs about 1970's trousers mode, it would be quite awesome if one of the Sonic Says did say something like "Where are my 70's trousers?"

Edited by Casanova
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Hmm, On second thought, perhaps another topic would be a better place for all this? Or is it okay that I'm totally muddying up the discussion for All Stars Racing? Even though all the stuff I've been saying is related to it, I feel kinda spammy... xD;

(EDIT - Cas, that's awesome! The staff there really do love sending wonderful messages, don't they? I have a few now, too. =3 Maybe I can try squeezing something in, relating to it, somehow! ahaha.)

(EDIT 2 - Oh wow, I didn't realize they were all over the "Sonic Related" category on my photobucket, too. Ahaha, The game's title is, once again, Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing. So to me, it's Sonic related. It might not have anything to do with the Sonic series in itself. Or maybe it does? Who knows!)

Edited by Aptiva

FireKingX has just posted up a glassified version of it and thinks the purple may be one of Blaze's pony tails -

ssmbhint2.png

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5722136&postcount=479

Hmm, On second thought, perhaps another topic would be a better place for all this? Or is it okay that I'm totally muddying up the discussion for All Stars Racing? Even though all the stuff I've been saying is related to it, I feel kinda spammy... xD;

(EDIT - Cas, that's awesome! The staff there really do love sending wonderful messages, don't they? I have a few now, too. =3 Maybe I can try squeezing something in, relating to it, somehow! ahaha.)

Should be fine since it's related like you said.

I don't think it's Blaze. I don't see much purple in it besides that one part, and I don't think he did anything to the image besides crop it and blur it up a lot.

And he said like.. Only one person's gotten it right. And a lot of people have guessed Blaze..