Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

cute fluffy kittens (LOL you censored the site name to that!) is claiming they will have DLC info tomorrow. I'm sceptical seeing as they aren't exactly on good terms with SEGA after the whole site hacking roster leaking fiasco.

cute fluffy kittens is barely on anyone's good terms round these here parts to begin with. Grrr.

Anyway... here's hoping for some SEGA oldies.

So cute fluffy kittens has insider infos regarding the Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing DLC, eh?

I'm willing to bet that their infos will reveal that the super secret DLC will be an extra mission in which you fight the Egg Dragoon as Super Sonic in space.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 3

He's full of crap as always :lol: Sumo Digital and both SEGA of Europe and SEGA of America don't want anything to do with him so there's no way he could know stuff about the DLC.

I wonder if the DLC will come this morning since the unlock everything key DLC was released on a Tuesday.

EDIT:

Found what is likely to be Tristan's source -

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/sonicandsegaallstarsracing/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-54121105&pid=960424&tag=topics;title

Guess what I heard from my Microsoft rep? He got an email regarding upcoming DLC for Xbox 360 games in the month of April, and one of them was regarding Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. I asked him about what it said (he showed no particular interest in it) and he told me that "Metal Sonic character" was beside the name of this game on the list. I then asked him if he knew anything about it, and if there was anything else. He said It will be the only bit of DLC in terms of characters for this game at this time. What a bunch of ____! One character, and a Sonic one of all? That's what happens when jerkwad young kids who never owned a Master System or Saturn get their way. Learn your SEGA history, kthxbai.

All I know is that I'm not buying this crock because I was holding out for characters that people actually wanted such as Vectorman, Ristar, NiGHTS, ToeJam & Earl, Gilius Thunderhead, etcetera... but instead the true fans get screwed over? **** this game. Us true SEGA fans should have told the video game n00bs to eff off with their 'more Sonic characters please' agenda. There was already enough representation in the game for crying out loud. Now it is just ******* overkill. Highly unwanted overkill, that is.

This is bull.

Metal Sonic does have a good chance of being DLC but the guy who posted that is full of shit and is a known troll around Gamespot/Game FAQ's forums, he's just taking a guess.

EDIT 2:

Further down the guy says Microsoft reps come to GameStop stores and they don't mind giving info out :lol:

^Go to GameStop on a day the Microsoft rep shows up. This game isn't particularly popular (it's selling like ****), so they'd gladly "leak" information about it because it doesn't really matter. Or you may get an ignorant SOB.

EDIT 3:

On the 2nd page he's posted this -

I finally received a response from an online friend who is an "insider" in the industry (to put it bluntly, he works for SEGA Europe). I pretty much asked him "what's the deal" and he said that SEGA of Japan's perception was that nobody asked for characters besides the ones from Sonic games to be DLC (Japan calls the shots, you see). I was like "you have got to be kidding me, what about the massive campaign that the NiGHTS fanbase did?" He replied that SEGA Japan was satisfied with having the NiGHTS character having an "honorary" position in the game and didn't want to pursue incorporating anymore assets. From the looks of it, they really didn't want to have NiGHTS representation in period, and that SUMO Digital was on thin ice during the production of the game. SUMO Digital didn't have much of a say other than pointing out that for not having an appearance of the NiGHTS character, a number of fans would get upset. SEGA Europe went as far as giving gifts to the heads of the NiGHTS campaign as a way to say "sorry". So why was it such a touchy subject to have anything NiGHTS related in this game? Apparently, extremely poor sales of the NiGHTS series hit hard. Same thing is happening with Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

:lol:

Further down the guy says Microsoft reps come to GameStop stores and they don't mind giving info out :lol:

So Microsoft pay someone to travel to a random store to talk to a random guy in the hope that they might post the conversation on the internet? Because they want sales on a third party product?

What planet are these nutters on!? Does anyone actually believe these so called insiders anymore? I remember back when Final Fantasy X came out and suddenly on the old POL boards there was an insider each week! Is this the moron who got banned from here claiming all this stuff?

Christ, look at what SOL has said and leaked, we all know that it's likely a new character and some kind of new game mode. I bet you £20 that the blithering cretin with the blog and the rest of these insiders will make a post 20 seconds after the announcement which is "LOOK WE TOLD YOU SO!"

• Thumbs Up 1

So Microsoft pay someone to travel to a random store to talk to a random guy in the hope that they might post the conversation on the internet? Because they want sales on a third party product?

What planet are these nutters on!? Does anyone actually believe these so called insiders anymore? I remember back when Final Fantasy X came out and suddenly on the old POL boards there was an insider each week! Is this the moron who got banned from here claiming all this stuff?

Christ, look at what SOL has said and leaked, we all know that it's likely a new character and some kind of new game mode. I bet you £20 that the blithering cretin with the blog and the rest of these insiders will make a post 20 seconds after the announcement which is "LOOK WE TOLD YOU SO!"

Exactly, anyone for any PS3, PC and Xbox 360 game confirmed to have DLC coming could go around and say "Hey guys that game what got released recently dun has new characters and mappies coming, aren't I da smartest person in tha whole wyde wurld?" * DLC is released* "HAR HAR! I WOZ WRITE, YAY ME!!". It doesn't take any source to know this stuff.

Every bloody game developed has these oddballs going around claiming to know someone in the company. This one has to be the worst as he/she's saying a Microsoft rep has nothing better to do than pop by his/her store and give him/her secrets :lol:

So, wait I'm confused. Is Metal Sonic confirmed or not?

Anyway, got the game today and I love it! I've boughten Knuckles, Big and B.D. Joe so far and I'll go play a bit more later and unlock Ryo and Jacky and Akira.

Every bloody game developed has these oddballs going around claiming to know someone in the company. This one has to be the worst as he/she's saying a Microsoft rep has nothing better to do than pop by his/her store and give him/her secrets :lol:

Honestly, I sort of love these people because the stories they come up with are just priceless. But honestly, why would anyone believe this guy's story?

I can just imagine a random Microsoft Rep. strolling into the store, and the first employee they see, they just break down spilling all their secrets.

Hey wait a minute, I just got a video idea! :lol:

So, wait I'm confused. Is Metal Sonic confirmed or not?

Not directly, but S0L's Twitter hints seem to be revolving around something metal and this shade of blue. (#50)

So I really wouldn't be surprised if Metal Sonic was in. The GameSpot guy is just full of nonsense for adding a bogus story onto information we can already get our hands on.

Edited by HunterTSF

I finally received a response from an online friend who is an "insider" in the industry (to put it bluntly, he works for SEGA Europe). I pretty much asked him "what's the deal" and he said that SEGA of Japan's perception was that nobody asked for characters besides the ones from Sonic games to be DLC (Japan calls the shots, you see). I was like "you have got to be kidding me, what about the massive campaign that the NiGHTS fanbase did?" He replied that SEGA Japan was satisfied with having the NiGHTS character having an "honorary" position in the game and didn't want to pursue incorporating anymore assets. From the looks of it, they really didn't want to have NiGHTS representation in period, and that SUMO Digital was on thin ice during the production of the game. SUMO Digital didn't have much of a say other than pointing out that for not having an appearance of the NiGHTS character, a number of fans would get upset. SEGA Europe went as far as giving gifts to the heads of the NiGHTS campaign as a way to say "sorry". So why was it such a touchy subject to have anything NiGHTS related in this game? Apparently, extremely poor sales of the NiGHTS series hit hard. Same thing is happening with Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

There is so much wrong in there I don't even know where to start! Ignore the feeble attempt by that lad to troll :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 6

The "some guy who shows up" is why I actually get free Xbox Live service. It's because these people work for the companies in question that I am able to get uninteresting info first hand. Yes, there is actually a Nintendo rep and a Sony rep as well. I don't particularly speak with the Sony rep because most of Sony's products are highly uninteresting to me.

This made me laugh.

And for some reason I thought of this:

SonyandNintendoreps.jpg

Just these guys walking in the store and telling him secrets. xD

• Thumbs Up 1

There is so much wrong in there I don't even know where to start! Ignore the feeble attempt by that lad to troll :P

---

S0L

---

Cool. So that drabble he posted on the first page (Metal Sonic-only part) is wrong too, right?

...RIGHT?!

I don't bother taking notice of 'sources' of information, especially if it's on a really big forum, nothing of much use comes from those places. :(

Although if Metal Sonic was a character how would he handle? I'd imagine that he'd be a bit like Opa-Opa as another flying racer. Metal Sonic in a car would be hilarious though, it would look crazy I'm sure.

Based on the information I heard I highly doubt we've only got one character. One new Sonic character, maybe, Metal Sonic? At this point, as much as I hate to admit it, mostlikely. But the only character? No, not at all. I expect at least five. It IS quite likely that Metal Sonic will be the only one released for THE FIRST WEEK. But that doesn't mean he's the only one period.

Just noticed S0L's posted in the troll's topic :lol:

This thread is just full of wrong

If you have to make stuff up, at least try and make it sound plausible...!

---

S0L

---

PWNED :lol:

Third post up from the bottom, his tag there is DarthS0L -

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/sonicandsegaallstarsracing/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-54121105&pid=960424&page=1

Tristan's sure taking his sweet time...

It takes a long time to make up a story.... You need to ensure that Goldylocks gets her porridge before pappa bear kills her.

lol it's amazing, S0L posted on there... and a few people still ignored him!

Edited by Casanova
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm frothing at the mouth over here. I MUST hear about the DLC immediately.

Well you'll only get more guesswork wrapped up in a fairytale from Tristan, Thursday is the next Xbox Live and PSN update so hopefully we'll get it then and hear more on it beforehand from SEGA's EU and U.S. blogs, Major Nelson's site and the EU and U.S. PlayStation Blogs.

Last week was a big Sega week (SASAR avatar items, PSN sale, Virtual On goes discount). Would Sega dare dominate DLC a second week in a row?

I bet his source is going to be even worse.

That was kind of insulting =/

I thought you were beter than thoose pesky cute fluffy kittens

Tristan's sure taking his sweet time...

He must know this is important stuff, so he is delaying it as much as he can so his site can have more hits.

Almost like what SEGA did with the "Project Needlemouse" campaing. :)

I am actually not that interested in this "exclusive big reveal", I don't think he is going to reveal anything important (or even if he does, I don't think I will have to go to "that site", it's probably going to be flooding the internet in like..... 2 or 3 minutes...). :rolleyes:

Edited by imarafan
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

lol it's amazing, S0L posted on there... and a few people still ignored him!

Doubt many know or care who he is.

From what I know guys, announcement will only be made when MS or Sony approve it and give them a release date (which might not be until a day before the release).

So hold your horses!