Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Wii version features -

Wii Wheel/Wii Remote alone

Wii Remote & Nunchuk

Classic Controller

No Gamecube Controller support

Change controller in-game at any point feature, like the one in MK Wii and Brawl.

All the same tracks, characters, music, missions, online and offline modes as the other versions

Mii support with its own vehicle

Its own version of the Xbox 360's Achievements and PS3's Trophies called Challenges.

Graphics are pretty good, pushes the Wii to its limits in my oppinion.

Heh, the patch to fix the Dreamarena trophy has been released on the day after I gain back the ability to actaully unlock trophies. Oh S0L, you really do love me. :P

I'd like to ask some questions for somebody that has both the Wii version, and a PS3/360 version:

1. How much worse are the Wii graphics in comparison to the PS3/360 graphics?

2. Does the Wii version have the same amount of content as the PS3/360 versions?

3. Do both versions feel like it's actually the same game?

If you're asking which version to get, the PS3/360 versions win hands down. Comparing the Wii version's graphics to the PS3/360 graphics is like comparing a broken-down '83 Ford Taurus to a brand new Lamborghini.

The Wii and PS3 version have basically the same amount of content, with the exception that you're able to use Miis in the Wii version, but that won't last for long considering that the PS3 version is getting downloadable content whereas the Wii version isn't getting anything. Also, right out of the box, the 360 has more content in the form of playable Avatars AND an exclusive character (Banjo-Kazooie), in addition to having the added benefit of DLC. So objectively the 360 version is the best one, but if you can't get that then get the PS3 version, because it's the next best thing.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Actually a quick question as I've not played any of the split screen modes.

I assume the tracks used for the Robot/Zombie Battles in missions and the rather hard/annoying/throw your controller at someone's jewels <delete as applicable> gate mission are available in battle modes and such?

And a suggestion for DLC, make these modes available online.

Don't fret about them. I was excited when I finally got a chance to play split-screen yesterday and bloody hell was I disappointed. Racing is, as expected, fantastic. Everything else is very basic, bland and genuinely not fun. Battle give you infinite boxing gloves, capture the chao is poorly designed (tracks aren't suited for it, there's no challenge) and everything else doesn't warrant much of a mention.

While the Wii version does run smoothly in multiplayer, a lot of the track graphics had to be SEVERELY toned down in order to do it. This is especially evident in stages like Highway Zero, where it's damn near impossible to play on certain TVs because all the lights are turned off, making it REALLY hard to see...

Guest Jordan-4K6

Wii version features -

Wii Wheel/Wii Remote alone

Wii Remote & Nunchuk

Classic Controller

No Gamecube Controller support

Change controller in-game at any point feature, like the one in MK Wii and Brawl.

All the same tracks, characters, music, missions, online and offline modes as the other versions

Mii support with its own vehicle

Its own version of the Xbox 360's Achievements and PS3's Trophies called Challenges.

Graphics are pretty good, pushes the Wii to its limits in my oppinion.

The online mode is very different, you can't host games unless you wait for everyone to leave and there's no list of matches. The online on the PS3 and 360 does let you host whenever and it does list matches.

The online mode is very different, you can't host games unless you wait for everyone to leave and there's no list of matches. The online on the PS3 and 360 does let you host whenever and it does list matches.

I didn't mean the online experience is perfectly the same. When I play it's like a game of luck wether I'm made host or hooked up with a bunch of others but apart from the matchmaking differences its pretty much the same.You can always get folks friend codes to make things easier too, I've got lots of friend codes for both Wii and DS from people around this forum. S0L said if Nintendo's online service wasn't the way it is then they'd have implemented the same matchmaking features as the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Not sure if this has already been pointed out, but I just noticed now that when searching through online matches, a new "DLC" colum has been added and it replaced the "Signal" colum. Obiviously it's blank right now, but it means that the DLC will be something that can be used online (and something that the game wants you to know about before entering a lobby), which means that it's most likely not just a mission pack or something like that.

Anyone else been having a 2P splitscreen glitch where the bottom half turns white after a race (and stays there, even through the menu)? I was playing the game with my brother today, and that happened on numerous occasions.

360 version, and just in case its related I've gotten the most recent update.

OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!!!

Sonic & SEGA Allstars Racing –

Metal Sonic & Death Egg Zone (£4.79/€5.99)

Ryu Forklift Character Pack (£3.99/€4.99)

Rating: PEGI 7

Availability: All locales

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/04/01/heads-up-playstation-store-update-1st-april-2010/

EPIC WIN!!!!! I LOVE SOL & I LOVE SUMO DIGITAL!!!!!

Just posted my article on that and was going to come and post it here but you beat me XD Definitely buying all of it when it's made available.

Metal Sonic?

sad-face.jpg

I really, really didn't want him in. Especially if he'll be like Opa-Opa and fly, because I don't like flying characters. And I never thought Metal Sonic was a great character like so many people do.

But, Death Egg Zone? THATS AWESOME!

I thought they wouldn't be bringing new tracks ohmy.gif. But I'm worried it'll be exactly like Final Fortress..

And yay to Ryo-Forklift biggrin.gif.

Heres hoping to more interesting characters next.

Still, I'll be buying the stuff, but for the 360.

Edit: By the way, Shad, no FIRST@TSS? :-/

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just posted my article on that and was going to come and post it here but you beat me XD Definitely buying all of it when it's made available.

it is certainly great news! certainly with the 1.01 update has fixed the frame and has been in the card photo SEGA

Metal Sonic?

sad-face.jpg

I really, really didn't want him in. Especially if he'll be like Opa-Opa and fly, because I don't like flying characters. And I never thought Metal Sonic was a great character like so many people do.

But, Death Egg Zone? THATS AWESOME!

I thought they wouldn't be bringing new tracks ohmy.gif. But I'm worried it'll be exactly like Final Fortress..

And yay to Ryo-Forklift biggrin.gif.

Heres hoping to more interesting characters next.

Edit: Shad: No FIRST@TSS? :-/

I was very tempted lol!

I'm looking forward to exploring the Death Egg Zone to see what classic references might be in there :D

I'd like to see Mecha and Silver Sonic in the BG.

There should also be some gravity swithing in the level and maybe a cameo from the boss from act 1.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still no sign of it in the Xbox Live Marketplace and they usually update around 10:30am GMT and there's still no patch for the Xbox 360 version yet either. I guess Sumo Digital made it for the PS3 first since it was the lead console during development. No PS Store update on the U.S. PS Blog yet.

EDIT:

Lol AAUK! I don't know who's April Fools is better, yours or Dread's :lol:

allstarssoccer_us_wiiANNOUN.jpg

http://www.sonicwrecks.com/news/sega-announce-sonic-sega-all-stars-soccer

I'd buy it if it were real though :lol: Amigo ref FTW!

Wooo Death Egg Zone as a race track with Metal Sonic :D awesome can't wait for it for it, I wonder what it will look like as a race track ^_^ I hope they use the old Death Egg song act 1 but if not a remix would be nice :) and check at Sonic Wrecks SONIC & SEGA ALL STAR FOOTBALL(Soccer)XXDDDDDDD

Edit* Lol shadz beat me to it XD OMG Lets send this "REAL NEWS" to The Super Sonic Zone News (haha beat the word filter) and see if he puts it up XD

Edited by Creature Of The Night

So is it an April Fools gag or is it legit? (I'm talking about Metal Sonic, not the soccer)

So is it an April Fools gag or is it legit? (I'm talking about Metal Sonic, not the soccer)

I think it'll be real as all of the other content posted there was due today so if it's an April Fools fans of all of those games will be pretty p'd off :lol: Not to mention the content will be made available after mid day when April Fools ends which was just 17 mins ago.

EDIT

From S0L at the SEGA Forums -

Don't worry - it's real. 360 should also be available shortly :P

Let's see who is first to spot the not so subtle Cameo we snuck in too :P

---

S0L

---

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5712737&postcount=3

I think it'll be real as all of the other content posted there was due today so if it's an April Fools fans of all of those games will be pretty p'd off :lol: Not to mention the content will be made available after mid day when April Fools ends which was just 17 mins ago.

EDIT

From S0L at the SEGA Forums -

http://forums.sega.c...737&postcount=3

Oooooo I wonder who the cameo will be hmmm i'm going to go with Sonic 2 Final Boss who going to making a cameo?

Ryo-F character PACK? That must include multiple characters because nobodies going to pay £3.99 just for Ryo-F.

Colour me excited though, I am extremely worried that Death Egg Zone will be a repeat of Final Fortress though...

S0L, can you confirm whether this is ALL the DLC or is there more to come?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm wondering if Death Egg will have 3 tracks like all the others, it's combined as a pack with Metal Sonic so 3 tracks and a character is a bargain at that price. Agreed with NEW PELLY that there's got to be more than just Ryo-F in there since it's labelled as a pack, we better get used to seeing a fair few character slots with Ryo's pic as we toggle left and right through our character list. :lol:

Perhaps they're using Ryo-F to advertise a pack of somewhat obscure characters? It's obviously been a somewhat viral thing online with everyone being 'WAT WHY YOU CHEAT WITH SHENMUE FORKLIFT????' everytime someone enters a race with Ryo-F so I imagine plenty of people would be willing to be buy it on that reason alone.

Oh god I hope it contains NiGHTS, TJ&E, Ristar, Vectorman or Bayonetta even though it won't ;_;