Awoo.

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga

pppp

OK we have screens of an area of the game called Dead Dunes:

Lightning-Returns-final-fantasy-13-dead-

Seems nice i guess. Let's hope it is interesting to explore.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow, that looks...very pretty...and big.

...What if...this game actually DOES turn out to be good...?

PffffNAAAAHHHHH.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm sorry, I can't take my eyes off that outfit. Is this one of those Fusion HA! scenarios where the clothing of six different people got merged together?

"By your powers combined, I AM CAPTAIN WARDROBE MALFUNCTION!"

• Thumbs Up 8

Dear oh dear. For once I agree with you guys, that outfit is terrible. Why can't they just stick her with the original outfit in XIII.

Maybe its just the wardrobe shift that they implemented, it might not just strictly be for battles.

You CAN customize her outfit if you don't like it y'know...but yeah, that outfit is all over the place. I feel sorry for anyone who wants to costplay in that (I'll be a nightmare to make.)

Wow, that looks...very pretty...and big.

...What if...this game actually DOES turn out to be good...?

PffffNAAAAHHHHH.

This game could easily be better than FF13 and FF13-2...how good it is compared to other FF games though is a completely different ball-game.

I would give this game a chance though. it looks like it has potential.

Edited by KrazyBean

You CAN customize her outfit if you don't like it y'know...but yeah, that outfit is all over the place. I feel sorry for anyone who wants to costplay in that (I'll be a nightmare to make.)

This game could easily be better than FF13 and FF13-2...how good it is compared to other FF games though is a completely different ball-game.

I would give this game a chance though. it looks like it has potential.

This game COULD be better than the other two games(especially 13-2),but with the current information on the game and it's development time compared to the other two titles, I'm finding it hard to believe.

Although again, I'd love to be proven wrong.

The thing that's already bothering me is that Lightning seems to be all by herself the entire game from what I've seen and remembered. And I feel that 13-2 and this game both missed the chance to redeem the cast of the original 13 so badly. The characters had a lot of potential to be something more and then we see less and less of them each time. It's a shame.

More screens:

e5346fdc417db24dce393d7501c3d9a3.jpg

5ab82d26fdae8818d6f23908c120cee8.jpg

7a3252b7f8d490f8882dd1ab67cb7d81.jpg

00231ff6af5864a84cc1f562636f67ef.jpg

f238adab16081ae3698b0d435be97c03.jpg

6e72f903c8768e3bd281b98fc2b5bfe3.jpg

cc3f0c186de702bf06ba430ea6cbd129.jpg

542a3c25097eec103640c5e8cf7f36dd.jpg

Two noticable things in these screens:

- Chocolina isn't the only person that sells you stuff now...

- Your HP will not be fully restored after a battle it seems...

The city still looks like PS2-era 90-degree Angle Land, but I gotta admit that desert looks nice.

I love how they're deliberately releasing screenshots of shops this time as if to say "Look we listened to the fans!"

That said though. The screens don't look too bad. In fact, I do wonder if the main thing that will let this game down will be the cast, they have so much baggage that I wonder why this isn't just a stand alone RPG?

5ab82d26fdae8818d6f23908c120cee8.jpg

Wow, this looks familiar! Classic style world map walking? Hey a man can dream right?tongue.png

Wow, this looks familiar! Classic style world map walking? Hey a man can dream right?tongue.png

I for one look forward to walking through an area which has no visable enemies or anything of interest other than sand and Vectors bad ass uncle.

Eh, at best, I'm expecting that the desert and other such areas will be something like Gran Pulse: really big and really pretty, but lacking in variety. There will probably be hunting side quests out the wazoo and maybe a boring fetch quest here and there, but not much else.

Still, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I could be wrong. After seeing these screens, consider me very cautiously optimistic. This is your chance, Toriyama. Surprise me.

• 2 weeks later...

http://translate.google.pt/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pt-PT&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fplayerone.tv%2Fnews%2Fv%2F2766%2Flightning_returns_final_fantasy_xiii_s_offre_un_paquet_d_informations.html&act=url

So Kitase and Toriyama were on a Paris event promoting the game and here's some new info:

-Even though it's Lightning solo, apparently we get temporary partners.

-It will be important to keep one eye on the townsfolk to see if there's any commotion, anything weird at all. This will reveal side-quests and stuff like that.

-Lightning is also now known as "The Liberator".  Whatever the hell that means.

Keep in mind this is me trying to make sense of a google translated version of the french's site covering the event. If there's a french speaking user here we'd appreciate if you could confirm if this is right.

Also:

lightning_Returns_thumb1.jpg

Wow. Just how much of Light's skin is shown?blink.png

Edited by pppp

Good old upskirt: i think this is a Kitase idea.

Anyway, i still can't get hyped for this one, not even for the plot: i will feel clean to read it on Wikipedia when the time will come, but the only way i will buy this is when it will cost 25-20 € or less.

And if Square will add a FF character in PSASBR. Pretty please.

Those fans can't tell which game is good or not then. True, it's not a good FF game, but whether they like it or not, XIII and XIII-2 were two great games. If those two games made 9.7 million sales combined, then it's hard to believe these games are crap. Sorry.

Allow me to contest that with Marzgurl's take on that subject:

Sorry, but just because something sells well, it means nothing. Look at the Call of Duty series.

• Thumbs Up 1

Allow me to contest that with Marzgurl's take on that subject:

Sorry, but just because something sells well, it means nothing. Look at the Call of Duty series.

Horse feathers. I certainly didn't purchase XIII-2 because it has "Final Fantasy" slapped on it.

Most importantly I thought "a ton" of fans dislike the XIII series. So why would they still buy the sequel if they hate it? You are sending a message to Square that the XIII series is good!

Recent Call of Duty titles aren't bad/terrible, they are just predictable on recycling formulas from previous titles that works.

The CoD series is not necessarily BAD, it obviously has appeal but it's lacklustre and has no ambition. It hasn't got scale, vehicular gameplay and destruction like Battlefield and it certainly doesn't have a compelling story like Halo does. Its just, there, and really has nothing unique only it can show off.

A better example would be Aliens: Colonial Marines...now THAT is a bad game yet it sold a ton of copies.

Edited by KrazyBean

I bought XIII because from the trailers it remembered me of VII one of the few I played. And I was pretty disappointed by the quality of the game, still I didn't thought it was bad, but rather mediocre. So when I saw XIII-2 well I thought they would make a better game, and that's why I bought it.I was wrong.... 

But yeah I agree a lot people by the game because of the name. I mean even I can admit I bought some games because of the name, Sonic come to mind, I have bought some sonic games I would never have bought if they weren't Sonic games. So to some people the same applies the Final Fantasy series.

Edited by redhellc