Awoo.

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga

pppp

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who takes this series seriously needs to take one hell of a look at themselves right now.

Snow is back.

I know you guys have been waiting for this! Next week's Jump confirms that Snow will be returning in LRFFXIII! Snow is the governor of the City of Pleasure, and he continues to harbor regrets of not being able to save Serah. Apparently his new design spots a black suit like those worn by a host in Japan. Gigolo-Snow confirmed?!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61351333&postcount=1

So this game is set how many THOUSANDS of years after the events of FF13... Lightning is back... though she's technically a goddess or some bullshit.

Hope is back.

And now Snow is back. How are these characters still alive!?

And just say this out loud, try to make it not sound stupid "Snow is the Governer of the City of Pleasure"

Anyone who takes this series seriously needs to take one hell of a look at themselves right now.

Snow is back.

So this game is set how many THOUSANDS of years after the events of FF13... Lightning is back... though she's technically a goddess or some bullshit.

Hope is back.

And just say this out loud, try to make it not sound stupid "Snow is the Governer of the City of Pleasure"

Well to be fair, they did explain already that the effects of chaos from the end of FFXIII-2 destroyed the flow of time, which means people don't age anymore.

Basically their explanation is: "It's Time Travel, we don't need logic."

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, okay. 

WOW, OKAY.

I just...I...I can't.

The XIII series at this point is like a wrecked train that picked itself back up and then kept crashing into innocent bystanders on its slow, constantly delayed crawl to Hell. I mean, on one hand, the gameplay looks like...it looks like it might have a shred of potential here (though given that it's barely being given more than a year of development time, I wouldn't hold my breath). On the other...people say Kingdom Hearts is stupid? If Kingdom Hearts is stupid, then what is this?!

Square Enix is just a total mess right now. At this point, "Kinect Adventures with Chocobocolina" doesn't sound 100% implausible.

Actually, I'm kind of looking forward to seeing more at this point. This is honestly getting kind of hilarious.

Edited by T-Man

Snow is back.

Hope is back.

When Valhalla and Gran Pulse fused, the flow of time stopped...which prevents people from aging since there's no time, or something.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

When Valhalla and Gran Pulse fused, the flow of time stopped...which prevents people from aging since there's no time, or something.

Edit: Nevermind....

This story is so stupid I just don't care anymore.

people say Kingdom Hearts is stupid? If Kingdom Hearts is stupid, then what is this?!

Again, to be fair, they did properly explain why things are like this:

Trapped in the city of Luxerion, Lightning – thanks to her efforts in

defending the goddess Etro in Final Fantasy XIII-2 – has been bestowed

with the title of ‘Liberator’, a divine guardian who will cleanse the

souls of humans in the world’s final days and lead them to a more

prosperous existence. It’s a bleak, desperate tale, far removed from the

giggles and schmaltz of Square’s previous instalment.

“In the ending of Final Fantasy XIII-2, Gran Pulse – the world that

Lightning and her friends inhabit – merged with Valhalla, the world of

death”, Toriyama told me. “Lethal Chaos energy flowed from Valhalla into

Gran Pulse as a result of this merging, thus beginning the

deterioration of Gran Pulse into oblivion.

“At this point, the correct flow of time ceased and people stopped

ageing. The collapse of the world continued steadily over several

hundred years, until only a single tiny continent remained. People

created a new civilisation on this continent and it came to be known as

“Nova Chrysalia”.

The world has been split into four continents this time. Luxerion is

the only major location revealed so far, and it’s a holy city where

humans meander aimlessly, essentially waiting to die. It’s littered with

gothic architecture wrapped up in a dark colour palette. Toriyama

explained that the grim tone is supposed to symbolise what he called

the, “Strong awareness of death in a world that has lost its concept of

mortality.”

With the fate of humanity on Lightning’s shoulders, this

responsibility will reveal a more emotive site to her typically po-faced

exterior. If that wasn’t enough, the very people she’s saving believe

she’s actually the harbinger of the apocalypse, due to facts that have

become long-muddied in legend.

“The role of the Liberator is to cleanse people’s souls and lead them

to a peaceful existence in a new world,” Toriyama continued. “However,

some people think that this act is very much like killing them and view

the Liberator as a cursed and sinister being.

“This all occurs against a backdrop of several cults and religious

organisations, venerating the deities in the face of an impending

apocalypse, turning upon Lightning and becoming tied up in the

developing incident.”

This misconception makes Lightning a target for several fanatical

groups who hold different beliefs about what the end of the world will

bring. Not long after arriving in Luxerion, an attempt is made on her

life, triggering the core plot.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/22/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-13-preview-closing-the-loop/

If Kingdom Hearts can do Time Travel to keep someone alive it why not this? tongue.png

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to defend this mess of a trilogy, I'm just doing all this in the interest of fairness.

They bringed back Snow, one of the most annoying characters of this entire series for this position of governor.

Why i have the feeling that Sazh and his son will be reduced as bums who live in the street? :|

They bringed back Snow, one of the most annoying characters of this entire series for this position of governor.

Why i have the feeling that Sazh and his son will be reduced as bums who live in the street? :|

Sazh and his boy will be a farming family specializing in raising and distributing Chocobo Women to this new world.

Well... I heard a while back that Snow was confirmed to return. Nomura designed Snow's new outfit. This is just the first we're seeing him and of his appearance in the plot.

And yes, it was confirmed a while back that basically the flow of time is completely stopped in a sense. Time still "flows," but the natural order of life has been halted, so no new children can be born and no one ages. I think its an interesting concept which, honestly, is a theory of mine in regards to Twilight Town from Kingdom Hearts.

So Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII is releasing in North America February 11th, 2014 and Europe February 14th, 2014. Marking my calendar! <3

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/06/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-hits-na-feb-11-2014-eu-fe/?a_dgi=aolshare_facebook

So they delayed it...good. More dev time = a better game (I hope).

Here's the E3 2013 trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7d2nZvrFiwM

...I think it looks good.

Edited by KrazyBean

So they delayed it...good. More dev time = a better game (I hope).

I knew they were going to delay it in the first place anyway. I said so before.

So Snow is not anymore a monk/brawler and instead has an ice version of Odin's baldes. If i cared for him as a character, at this point i should be sad.

So what's the current story with this game anyway?

500 years after the events of FF 13-2, Lightning wakes up 13 days before the world ends...and she has to stop that from happening. Yeah, that's pretty much it.

count me as cautiously optimistic for this one, it looks like it might be cool but ill wait til it comes out or we see more of it to be sold on it.

Huh. Just noticed it's only coming February 2014. If you remember one piece of news from Gamespot from a while ago it was supposed to be fall of this year. I guess they delayed it.

The box art looks nice, I'll give it that much. I'm glad they're abandoning that stupid logo convention and doing something new.

I don't know what to say about the battle system, it looks like the same but instead you have spells and commands mapped to a button and those basically depend on which role is activated. Add a free movement on the battle and you basically have this "new" battle system.

It doesn't seem to bring anything new, so I won't be expecting this game to be better than the other XIII's. But who knows maybe the system applies better to this style of game, but I just can't get excited or feel optimistic for this game.   

The box art looks nice, I'll give it that much. I'm glad they're abandoning that stupid logo convention and doing something new.
I always liked that background thing they had going on in the logo... Anyway, the boxart looks pretty bland honestly. It's just showing lightning standing.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'll miss the logos; they were always really nice looking. In any case, the boxart would be alright if that outfit didn't look silly beyond belief.