Awoo.

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga

pppp

Not sure if serious, but yeah there is.

And like what exactly?

I'm asking because I sat there and listened to the godawful DmC soundtrack and immediately popped in some Jesper Kyd AC2 soundtrack to soothe my ears. 

I am becoming an aficionado of orchestral music and I must know these 'good examples' of an otherwise mediocre soundtrack. 

I just don't understand the direction of this trilogy's music. This is one of the boss themes:

When you think of boss themes do you think of bad rap songs? I don't.

Hey Joe Hisaishi, could you point us to what you would make instead:

This is awesome. It never fails to put me in the mood to fight.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just don't understand the direction of this trilogy's music. This is one of the boss themes:

If I didn't know any better I'd think you were saying orchestral music is automatically better than hip-hop as battle music.

Don't you talk shit about the best song in any game ever when I'm around. tongue.png

Though yeah that FF XIII-2 song in particular is really lame. It's just dull.

• Thumbs Up 5

If I didn't know any better I'd think you were saying orchestral music is automatically better than hip-hop as battle music.

Don't you talk shit about the best song in any game ever when I'm around. tongue.png

Though yeah that FF XIII-2 song in particular is really lame. It's just dull.

Well let me be more clear: That kind of battle music only works in games like Persona and TWTEWY. You know games where that kind of music actually fits the style of the game.That kind of music doesn't fit in the style of FF games. Not to mention, i said "bad rap songs." I didn't see any rap songs that are bad in your post Dissy happy.png

Edited by pppp

Well let me be more clear: That kind of battle music only works in games like Persona and TWTEWY. You know games where that kind of music actually fits the style of the game.That kind of music doesn't fit in the style of FF games. Not to mention, i said "bad rap songs." I didn't see any rap songs that are bad in your post Dissy happy.png

In all honesty, there's no reason something like that wouldn't work with Final Fantasy; as far as setting and tone goes, FF7's futuristic steampunk is a far cry from the medieval settings of older games. X's got it's own thing going, and XIII does as well. A more urban, modern Final Fantasy would be A-Okay with me.

Well Toriyama is assuring us that this the end:

The concept behind the design of Lighting Returns is that it will be the
concluding chapter of the Lightning Saga. Unlike in the previous title,
there will not be multiple possible endings created from differently
branching interpretations of history, but instead the story will lead to
the one true ending.

http://www.examiner.com/article/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-ending-discussed-by-square-enix

Well, at least we can be sure it ends after this one, so we can all finally move on to something newhappy.png

Since this is basically FFX-2...2, I'm calling it right now that the game ends with the One Pigtailed Angel's evil twin being the final boss, and then the original gal comes back to life.

http://www.examiner.com/article/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-ending-discussed-by-square-enix

Well, at least we can be sure it ends after this one, so we can all finally move on to something newhappy.png

Yes it's time to pass to a new Fantasy, with more Final Fantasy elements please.

When they finish versus of course, which is been in development in how much time?dry.png  

Good I'm eager to see how they'll mess up the next game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh. I don't know how but i apparently missed this piece of news from 2 weeks ago about the soundtrack:

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-soundtrack-details-revealed

For those that don't know, these are the composers of FFXIII-2. That's right guys, the "wonderful" composers who gave us this gem are coming back:

How wonderful that the woman singing sounds bored out of her freaking skull. Oh, and let's not forget how they raped the chocobo theme with this:

Who needs beautiful orchestral music when we can have some of the worst vocal songs ever written for a game?wacko.png    Geez, and people say Sonic vocal songs sucksleep.png

LOL, the first one sounds like Aigis trying to rap before she became more human.

When you think of boss themes do you think of bad rap songs? I don't.

Hey Joe Hisaishi, could you point us to what you would make instead:

This is awesome. It never fails to put me in the mood to fight.

..And I actually can't agree with this here. I think that boss theme is a lot more catchy. Not to mention it's that type of song that gets you pumped up.

...The other one just..doesn't seem to have any impact whatsoever.

Not seeing what's exactly wrong with the other one.

I loved XIII and it's sequel, and I'll buy this. I really don't care about the constant hate the series gets, if I like it then that's all that matters to me. Sonic Unleashed bombed in reviews but I love the crap out of it...it's all about personal opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

I loved XIII and it's sequel, and I'll buy this. I really don't care about the constant hate the series gets, if I like it then that's all that matters to me. Sonic Unleashed bombed in reviews but I love the crap out of it...it's all about personal opinion.

You're perfectly allowed to love the series, just accept that most of us would prefer a return to what made games like FF6 and 9 masterpieces.

• Thumbs Up 1

You're perfectly allowed to love the series, just accept that most of us would prefer a return to what made games like FF6 and 9 masterpieces.

And that is perfectly fine...there is nothing wrong with disliking/hating the series, if you have valid reasons, but some people make the fans of the series feel bad for liking the series, and that is what pisses me off. If you don't like something, that's fine, but don't be an A-hole to someone just because they like the very thing that you don't like.

We Sonic fans had to go through this a lot during Sonic's dark ages anyway.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

Btw, I didn't want to post the music that I liked in XIII-2, because knowing you guys you're just gonna bash it and probably imply I have bad taste. So what's the point.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana
  • Thumbs Up 1

The point is that counteracting a percieved negative flow is done far more effectively by introducing a positive element instead of simply observing the negativity.

The point is that counteracting a percieved negative flow is done far more effectively by introducing a positive element instead of simply observing the negativity.

*sigh* What a load of crap. No offence. They already judged that the music and the game itself is crap. I don't feel like going in to another silly debate over this so I don't care. All I know is, to me, a portion of music in the game is good. I don't need someone else's opinion who's going to just bash it.

• Thumbs Up 2

*sigh* What a load of crap. No offence. They already judged that the music and the game itself is crap. I don't feel like going in to another silly debate over this so I don't care. All I know is, to me, the a portion of music in the game is good. I don't need someone else's opinion who's going to just bash it.

That's very offensive of you, so it's a good thing you said "no offence". If you're so convinced that anything you post will be met with negativity and bashing, why are you posting in this thead at all? Just to criticise people?

I don't know, I kind of agree with Ming on this.

I've been here since the thread was created. All I've seen is the same 5 people bash the game over and over. I'm not even sure why some people are keeping up with the game considering they already feel it is going to be crap. I also see the same jokes being played with negativity everywhere.

Ehhh...........

• Thumbs Up 4

That's very offensive of you, so it's a good thing you said "no offence". If you're so convinced that anything you post will be met with negativity and bashing, why are you posting in this thead at all? Just to criticise people?

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to criticize people. But it gets annoying that when they continue to shred the series to bits. I mean, this  says it all. I mean for goodness sake, that's not their best pieces. That's one of their worst. Especially that Crazy Chocobo one. Yet it's a "gem". I know he's trying to have a laugh and being sarcastic and all, but I can't help thinking this is another bash at the series.

And I can't stop visiting this thread because, I love the FFXIII series. And this is the only community that I visit, that has an active XIII thread open.

I did like the opening theme when you started the game. Kept playing at inappropriate times, but it was nice nonetheless.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like a fair bit of the game's soundtrack. Some of it goes outside of my tastes but I wouldn't say it's a stinker. 

I actually like the main battle theme. I like Caius' theme, I think Plains of Eternity is catchy as heck, Giglamesh got a pretty neat remix, I like the time gate overview/map music well enough before the Time And Space! stuff kicks in...and I'm usually in a time zone before then anywhoo...and of course a few tracks I enjoyed from XIII are in there as well. 

I don't mind the soundtrack at all. The actual composition is pretty good. Same goes for XIII. Despite not being a huge fan of XIII itself, Blinded By Light is one of my favorite Final Fantasy battle themes. I think there's plenty of things that deserve all the shit they get but, the music in XIII and XIII-2 isn't one of those things. Best part of the games for me, despite the cheesy lyrics in XIII-2.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph