Awoo.

The Movie Thread

AdventChild

Who is going to play Doc? There isn't that many great old people that can play doctors unless they want to put in the guy that plays House. Eventhough that would be ackward.

I was talking about a possible 'Who Framed Rodger Rabbit' remake not a 'Back to the Future' remake. :)

I don't think a Back to the Future remake is possible with all the major backlash it would get.

Edited by Bloodfetish

I was talking about a possible 'Who Framed Rodger Rabbit' remake not a 'Back to the Future' remake. :)

I don't think a Back to the Future remake is possible with all the major backlash it would get.

Dammit! :unsure: But yeah. These remakes need to stop big time.

LOL nice pun Bloodfetish, I think the main problem I have though is the HUMAN characters would change I felt that Christopher Lloyd was a PERFECT Judge Doom and Bob Hoskins as Eddie Valiant was PERFECT. And also the voice actors... My God that film should remain in the vaults and completely untouched unless they do a huge reunion! But I most definitely don't feel it will work.

I would love to see a sequel for Roger Rabbit, but it just..wouldn't work, y'know?

Nobody can replace the great, late Mel Blanc as the Looney Toons characters. Nor the late Mae Questel as Betty Boop. Nobody!

I would love to see a sequel for Roger Rabbit, but it just..wouldn't work, y'know?

Nobody can replace the great, late Mel Blanc as the Looney Toons characters. Nor the late Mae Questel as Betty Boop. Nobody!

Not only that, but they'll more than likely replace the 2D animation with CGI, which I personally think wouldn't work out well.

I think that a lot of the appeal of Roger Rabbit came from the fact that it used 2D animation, it's Toon Town! Or atleast that was the appeal to me anyway.

Same here Mollfie I think the magic was in the 2D realm if they make it CGI it won't be magical any more. Plus Jessica Rabbit will NOT be drop dead gorgeous in CGI like she is in 2D.

I think Jessica Rabbit will just look terrifying in CGI, it would be too realistic and that would be scary O__O

Johnson to Star in 20000 Leagues Under the Sea Remake

Coming Soon reports that Dwayne Johnson has been cast in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo for Disney Studios, which will start shooting in Australia later this year.

Presumably, Johnson, whose last two movies have been for Disney, will play Captain Nemo himself.

The synopsis reads, "A fugitive whaler teams up with a naturalist, a mysterious woman and a captain of a futuristic submarine, to search for a lost underwater civilization that holds libraries of vast knowledge and a weapon with the power to destroy mankind."

Eh, another remake starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. This guy should get out of G-PG rated family friendly films, and into action flicks with lots of kick @$$ and blowing up crap, IMO.

Cast Set for Tribes of October

According to The Hollywood Reporter, actors Ray Stevenson, Jaime King and Stephen Moyer, along with Robert Duvall and James Caan, are starring in the post-apocalyptic thriller Tribes of October.

The film is set in a future in which New York has become surrounded by an endless desert plagued by heat storms, and the city's technology is such that nothing made after 1960 works any more. In this environment, a detective (Stevenson) goes after a Mafia don (Caan) who is going after the remnants of the NYPD, led by Duvall. The detective is simultaneously searching for the love of his life (King). Moyer plays a cynical and street-smart detective.

Nick Vallelonga and Paul Sloan wrote the screenplay.

The premise is intriguing, might be on the look out for this.

Sutherland, Romijin in The Love Child

Variety reports that Donald Sutherland, Rossif Sutherland, Rebecca Romijn and Sarah Roemer will star in the romantic comedy The Love Child.

200 Cigarettes helmer Risa Bramon Garcia is directing from a screenplay by Michael Melski.

The story centers on an ex-con on parole who finds his plan to go straight is thwarted by a loan shark, who reminds him of a hefty debt he has to repay.

Principal photography is currently in production in Toronto.

Stiller to Helm Help Me Spread Goodness

According to Variety, Ben Stiller is set to direct Help Me Spread Goodness, a drama with comic overtones.

The script, written by Mark Friedman, is about a Chicago banker who gets swindled in a Nigerian Internet scam.

When Stiller helms the film depends on the progress of The Trial of the Chicago 7, the Aaron Sorkin-scripted drama that Stiller took over after Steven Spielberg exited as director.

Jackman to Star in Ghostopolis

According to The Hollywood Reporter, X-Men Origins: Wolverine star Hugh Jackman is attached to Ghostopolis, an upcoming graphic novel from Doug TenNapel.

The story centers on a man who works for the government's Supernatural Immigration Task Force. His job is to send ghosts who have escaped into our world back to Ghostopolis. When a living boy accidentally is sent to the other side, the agent must team with a female ghost (and former flame) to bring him back.

No director or writer has been attached to the project.

Merantau Trailer Ka-Pow!

It looks cool, but I'm still waiting Ong Bak 2.

I agree completely, and for me the Looney Tunes, ended when Mel Blanc passed away.

2009 MTV Movie Award Nominees

Man, in almost every category Twilight and HSM3 have been nominated, mostly Twilight. It might be KCA all over again, but since we have adults interacting/voting I'm hoping for awards to the movies that really deserve it ex. TDK.

McG on Terminator Future

Film Journal sat down with Terminator Salvation director McG, who revealed his idea about a possible sequel which could possibly take place pre-Judgment Day again:

"I strongly suspect the next movie is going to take place in a [pre-Judgment Day] 2011," McG reveals. "John Connor is going to travel back in time and he's going to have to galvanize the militaries of the world for an impending Skynet invasion. They've figured out time travel to the degree where they can send more than one naked entity. So you're going to have hunter killers and transports and harvesters and everything arriving in our time and Connor fighting back with conventional military warfare, which I think is going to be f*cking awesome. I also think he's going to meet a scientist that's going to look a lot like present-day Robert Patrick [who famously played the T-1000 in Terminator 2], talking about stem-cell research and how we can all live as idealized, younger versions of ourselves."

Terminator Salvation comes to theaters on May 21st.

Watanabe and Hardy Join Inception

According to The Hollywood Reporter, actors Ken Watanabe and Tom Hardy have signed on to Christopher Nolan's Inception.

Inception, which was also written by Nolan, is a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind.

Watanabe will play the film's villain, a man who is blackmailing Leonardo DiCaprio's character. Hardy is a member of DiCaprio's team.

The duo join a cast that includes Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Cillian Murphy, Ellen Page and Marion Cotillard.

Nolan and the studio are aiming for a summer shoot ahead of a 2010 release.

New Eli Roth Poster for Inglourious Basterds

Yes, Eli Roth is, indeed, a Basterd.

Jackman Already Working on Wolverine Sequel

Variety reports that Hugh Jackman is already working on a follow-up to his box-office success X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Fox and Jackman's Seed Productions have begun planning the sequel, which they are squarely focusing on the samurai storyline originated in the comic series, and whose Japanese locale was teased after the film's final credits.

A writer has yet to be hired.

Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers Updates

Coming Soon reports that Marvel Entertainment gave a few updates about the company's upcoming projects.

Kenneth Branagh-directed Thor is scheduled to start filming in the first four months of 2010. No formal offers have been made to actors, though they said that casting announcements are likely the next few months. Thor is targeted for a May 20th, 2011 release.

Marvel added that The First Avenger: Captain America, to be directed by Joe Johnston, is scheduled to start filming in the summer of 2010 for a July 22th, 2011 release.

Marvel also talked about The Avengers as well, saying, "Zak Penn is already on board The Avengers [as writer] and he's spending a lot of his time looking into what we're doing with Iron Man, Thor and Captain America, seeing how we're tying it all together. And he's beginning to outline the script now – he'll be doing that over the summer."

The Avengers is coming to theaters on May 4th, 2012.

Dom Deluise Dead at 75

Radar Online reports that Dom Deluise, the portly funnyman whose star shined in comedies such as The Cannonball Run, Spaceballs and Blazing Saddles, died Monday in a Los Angeles hospital at the age of 75.

The cap-clad, New York-born comedian was involved in aspects of movies, television and publishing in his longtime career. The likeable personality gained a special niche as the pitchman of Ziploc bags with a series of entertaining commercials in the 80s.

Deluise leaves behind a wife, actress Carol Arthur, and three sons: actor, writer, director Peter DeLuise, actor David DeLuise and Michael DeLuise.

Funeral arrangements are pending.

R.I.P. May he be Heaven-bound and laughing with the saints and angels.

I've been told that Origins was rather...over crowded with characters, most of which didn't really need to be there. Is that right? I havn't seen it yet.

Coraline is out on the 8th in the UK!

Dom Deluise Dead at 75

R.I.P. May he be Heaven-bound and laughing with the saints and angels.

Uh no he was the voice of Fagin in Oliver & Company and the voice of Itchy in All Dogs go to Heaven!!!!

Goodbye Dom!!!! :(

Edited by Bloodfetish

Green Lantern Cast?

According to Drew McWeeny over at Hitfix (he's better known as "Moriarty" at Ain't it Cool News) actor Bradley Cooper has entered a more serious phase of talks to become Green Lantern in the Martin Campbell directed comics film. While I blow off most early talk, the film starts shooting this summer and a decision is definitely forthcoming. If anybody has seen the trailer for a film Bradley is starring in being released on June 5th called "The Hangover", you'll have at least an inkling that he's about to have a major hit on his hands. Put these together along with the general reliability of McWeeny in the past on these things, and I'm calling the whole thing somewhat likely to happen.

I can't say Bradley Cooper would have been my first choice to put on the green and black jumpsuit, but it's not a terrible one either. Ever since his stint on "Alias" as Will Tippin, Sydney Bristow's Lois Lane, I've been impressed with him. He's shown some range as well, playing convincingly a frattie bad guy in "Wedding Crashers" and a doomed photographer in "The Midnight Meat Train." Give his lighter locks a big of a dye job and I suppose he could indeed pull off the willful and kind of arrogant Hal Jordan. Cooper is one of those actors who looks equally at home playing either an asshole or a hero. I suspected it was only a matter of time before he made his play for the big time. Assuming that the director who reinvented James Bond successfully twice has it in him to make this kick ass, Green Lantern is a helluva way to break into the major leagues.

Deadpool Gets Spin-Off from Fox

Variety is reporting that 20th Century Fox is developing an X-Men Origins: Wolverine spin-off featuring Deadpool; 'the Merc with a Mouth', played by Ryan Reynolds.

Reynolds is attached to reprise the character for what for now is simply being called Deadpool. Lauren Shuler Donner and Marvel Studios would act as producers.

Fox is also in the formative stages of a "Wolverine" sequel that will encompass the samurai storyline that was hinted at as Wolverine sat in a bar in Japan as the film concluded.

Updates on The Karate Kid Remake

The folks at IESB have gathered some information on the upcoming remake of The Karate Kid.

In fact, movie insiders say that the film is keeping the original title, instead of the previously announced title of The Kung-Fu Kid.

An insider also told the site, "There are a lot of funny lines - mainly delivered by Jackie Chan."

Check out the film's synopsis below:

Sherry is offered a transfer to China. Considering the U.S office is about to lay off everyone, it's really her only choice; especially since nobody else at the office has been offered a transfer. With her young son Dre (Jaden Smith) in tow, the single-mother makes Beijing her new home. Needless to say, not knowing Chinese, and experiencing a bit of culture shock, they both find it a little hard to settle in - - Dre especially.

Like Daniel Larusso in the original film, Dre (who, unlike Larusso, is a skateboarding video-game buff) immediately catches the attention of the local bullies - in particular, Lui Wei Cheng. And before too long, Dre is going home with bruises (he tries to hide a black-eye under a cap by pulling it as far down his face as he can) and whining about wanting to return to the states.

Dre's enrolled into a strict Beijing Middle School. His first day there is a bit of a shambles - the assistant principal spots his bruises, and assumes he's been fighting (which, of course, they don't accept under any circumstances), and he turns up in a school uniform, something he didn't have to wear that day (there's only certain days when a uniform is required).

The Mr Myiagi character is actually named Mr. Han (Jackie Chan). He's the maintenance man of the apartment lock that Sherry and Dre have moved into, and meets the new residents when he's called over to fix their hot water service. From the bathroom, Han spots Dre practicing martial-arts kicks (unsuccessfully) in front of a video-game, and catches his black eye. Later, of course, he'll agree to teach him - both martial-arts and the Chinese language (so he can impress his mother by haggling over apples)

Gears of War Adaptation Update

MTV recently sat down with Gears of War screenwriter Chris Morgan for a brief update on the project.

Morgan said, "A draft went in and we're talking about it now and we're budgeting it out. It's looking incredibly good."

Underworld director Len Wiseman is currently signed on to direct.

Morgan continued to say that he thinks his script will meet gamer approval: "All the stuff you want to see, we put that in there and then we blow it out a little more, even. Now it's just a matter of honing in on all of the character arcs and determining production types of things."

Gears of War centers on the members of Delta Squad, an elite squadron that consists of rough-and-tough, chew-your-guts-out types of soldiers that wages war against an insurgent alien race called the Locust Horde.

As for the production of the film itself, Morgan said, "One of the things they're really talking about now is the budget of the film and how big of a spectacle this is going to be. My argument is, look at the underlying material. Look at the game and the scenario — the fact that the world is being taken over by the Locust, it has to be huge."

Rodriguez Barbarella Remake is Dead

MTV has finally confirmed that director Robert Rodriguez's adaptation of the 1968 classic Barbarella is dead.

Rodriguez explains: "It came to the point where [a company from] Germany offered us a $70 million budget, which would have been by far the biggest budget I ever would have had for a movie… But I had to shoot it in Germany and post it in Germany. Nothing against Germany, but I have five kids and I was like, 'God, I don't know if we can do that. I don't know if I can be away that long.'"

Back in 2007 it seemed the problem was that the budget was actually pushing $100M (not just $70M) and Rodriguez insisted on using Rose McGowan, even though Universal didn't want her.

Rodriguez continued, saying, "It was a real bummer. We had all this artwork and screen tests of what it would look like. It was a really cool, R-rated, sexy—almost like that [1981 animated] movie, Heavy Metal—version of a Star Wars movie."

Oh no, how sad...I actually gasped out loud when I read that. R.I.P. Dom Deluise, you were an amazing voice actor for many of the Don Bluth movies I watch so much. We'll miss you. T_T

Coraline is out on the 8th in the UK!

OH YEAH, here's some good news atleast! I'm just wondering though...should I watch the 3D version or the regular one?

It's been up on Youtube for 3 days, I only just discovered it and I don't think it's been mentioned in this topic so...

Ooooohhhh~ all my stress and worries have dissapeared. *o* This is going to be AWESOME. And I LOVE Prince Naveen! *drools* <333

It's been up on Youtube for 3 days, I only just discovered it and I don't think it's been mentioned in this topic so...

Ooooohhhh~ all my stress and worries have dissapeared. *o* This is going to be AWESOME. And I LOVE Prince Naveen! *drools* <333

That footage looks awesome, and it's great to see some classic Disney humor in the movie as well!

Now I'm highly anticipating for the movie, it is looking good so far.

Pfft, traditional Disney animation isn't "all that", I don't get the hype here.

I have to disagree with you on that, Pat. XD But it's less the art style, and more the style of writing that people really like, and this has the '90's Disney Animated Film' feeling stamped right over it.

First Picture of Routh from Dead of Night

I really like the monocle/eye-patch thingy.

McAvoy, Banks, Linney, and Frield to Star in The Details

James McAvoy, Elizabeth Banks, Laura Linney and Anna Friel will star in the black comedy, The Details; written and directed by Jacob Estes.

Variety reports that the story concerns a couple, to be played by McAvoy and Banks, who discover an infestation of raccoons in their back yard. Disagreements over how to deal with the animals lead to an escalating series of events.

Katie Holmes Joins Del Toro Written, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

Variety reports that Katie Holmes will star in Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, a thriller written by Guillermo del Toro and Matthew Robbins.

Del Toro protege Troy Nixey will direct with Del Toro serving as producer along with Mark Johnson.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark is based on a 1973 ABC telepic about a young girl who moves in with her father and his girlfriend and discovers they are sharing the house with devilish creatures.

Cool plot.

Green Lantern and Sucker Punch Dates Moved

Coming Soon has posted a few new release dates for some of the most anticipated upcoming movies.

With no lead cast in The Green Lantern, Warner Bros. has decided to push its big screen debut back six months to June 17th, 2011 from its original scheduled date of December 17, 2010.

The studio has also moved Zack Snyder's Sucker Punch from October 2010 to March 25th, 2011.

Finally, the third Harold & Kumar film, titled A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas, will hit theaters on November 5th, 2010.

Picture of Downey Jr. in Iron Man Suit

Ratner No Longer Directing Conan

IESB reports that Brett Ratner is not attached to direct Conan.

Producer Joe Gatta said, "We’re currently in the process of hiring a director. For the past six months we were discussing the movie with Brett Ratner, and for more timing issues than anything else we had to part ways with Brett. We all wanted him to do it, believe me; just the timing didn’t work. But you never know what can happen."

Production on Conan starts August 24th in Bulgaria.

Yes!

4 Minute T:S Trailer

Looks awesome!

Keanu Reeves to Star in Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

The Hollywood Reporter says that Universal Pictures is developing a modern retelling of the classic novella "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde," with Keanu Reeves attached to star and Justin Haythe (Revolutionary Road) penning the script.

Nicolas Winding Refn is in negotiations to direct and plot details are being kept under wraps.

Hm, not so sure how to feel about this one.

Tyler and Tomei to Star in 10A/10B

Variety reports that Liv Tyler and Marisa Tomei will star in indie psychological thriller 10A/10B.

South Korean director Chul-soo Park will helm the adapted script of his original 1995 film 301/302.

Film will explore the relationship and consequences that result when a culinary perfectionist, portrayed by Tyler, and an actress with a failing career, played by Tomei, become neighbors in a loft apartment building.

10A/10B begins production in Los Angeles on June 1st.

Mother's Day to Return to the Big Screen

According to Variety, Repo! The Genetic Opera director Darren Lynn Bousman is bringing 1980 cult horror movie Mother's Day back to the big screen.

Story follows a family of villains, led by a sadistic mother, who return to their former home and terrorize the new owners and their guests.

Scott Milam penned the script.

Bousman saw the original film when he was a kid, and said it left a lasting impression: "It's a wild, crazy, insane, macabre ride, and that's what's so exciting about this project."

The film will start production this summer for a Mother's Day 2010 release.

Jackson to Star in a Pirate Story

Variety reports that actor Samuel L. Jackson and his Uppity Films have secured the life rights of Andrew Mwangura, a negotiator between pirates and the owners of vessels hijacked off the coast of Africa.

Jackson intends to play Mwangura, a journalist and ex-marine engineer who runs the Seafarers' Assistance Programme, a nonprofit group that offers humanitarian aid to all seafarers.

Get these Motherf**king pirates off my motherf**king ship!

Keanu Reeves as Jekyll?

God, that sounds like it would work. Jekyll was a smart man, and from all the diffrent versions of the book i've read (lol, none were the original. XD) he's not the most feeling man alive. Keanu "I don't gots no feelings" Reeves seems perfect.

Though Hyde might be harder to pull off. I can't see him putting THAT much effort in.