Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

I for one hate this fan-made 'rivalry' between Amy and Sally.

Sally didn't steal Sonic away from Amy. She's also not some psychotic bitch hell-bent on ruining Sonic and Amy's relationship. Amy didn't steal Sonic away from Sally. She's also not some psychotic bitch hell-bent on subduing Sonic and beating him to death with her hammer.

Even when the two girls are in the same continuity i.e Archie, they get on perfectly well as good friends and allies. I just find it irritating how Sonally/Sonamy fanbrats hate the female character of their hated pairing because she's with Sonic despite neither of these couples existing in the same continuity. They just take a non-sensical thing to hate on Amy/Sally even more than they probably already do.

It's so silly and irrational :/

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 8

I thought someone would bring that up! tongue.png

@Solkia

Edited by Blue!

The whole 'green eyes' debacle prior to Sonic 4's release annoyed me to no end. I mean seriously, the eye color would not have affected the physics at all, now would it?

No. It would not of.

And yet, before it was released and the physics were an issue, there were people saying the game sucks based purely upon the fact that SEGA was using the modern Sonic model. What the hell? dry.png

This one has always bothered me- Eggman hasn't used animals to power his robots for years now. He did so in S3, S&K, the Advance series, Rush series and most notably the Adventure series with zero plot relevance, but why did he suddenly stop come Heroes? It kills off a bit of character for the series if you ask me. Colours did it nicely by having him use Wisps instead, but then even in Generations he didn't use them. sad.png

I dunno, Gamma's story focused on some of the little animals quite a bit.

Sally didn't steal Sonic away from Amy. She's also not some psychotic bitch hell-bent on ruining Sonic and Amy's relationship. Amy didn't steal Sonic away from Sally. She's also not some psychotic bitch hell-bent on subduing Sonic and beating him to death with her hammer.

Even when the two girls are in the same continuity i.e Archie, they get on perfectly well as good friends and allies. I just find it irritating how Sonally/Sonamy fanbrats hate the female character of their hated pairing because she's with Sonic despite neither of these couples existing in the same continuity. They just take a non-sensical thing to hate on Amy/Sally even more than they probably already do.

Eh, the "Die For Our Ship" trope in general bugs me, especially (for the sake of this topic thread) when it deals with Sonic, Shadow and Amy. I say this because, frankly, turning Sonic's characterization into that of a straight-up jerkass just to give Amy cause to pair up with Shadow is not exactly what I consider good entertainment.

• Thumbs Up 3

I dunno, Gamma's story focused on some of the little animals quite a bit.

Totally forgot about Gamma there, but regardless SA2 and several games before SA1 didn't include it as part of the plot, so why did Heroes knock it on the head?

1. It really annoys me when people state that Sonic games will never be great in 3D. Has Sega found the perfect formula yet? Certainly not. But Sonic's gameplay is absolutely unique; therefore very hard to translate from one style to another. Sonic Team will find their niche in 3D eventually, hopefully sooner rather than later. They're slowly but surely learning from past shortcomings and I have a feeling they'll make a breakthrough soon. Colors was probably the beginning of that breakthrough; it was pretty well-received all around.

2. I'm irritated by people who criticize a Sonic game, when they can't even play it right.

3. Finally, I just want Sonic Team to try a back-to-basics 3D Sonic without all the boosting nonsense. I think games like Unleashed are really cool, but not the right direction for Sonic to ultimately take.

• Thumbs Up 9

Eh, the "Die For Our Ship" trope in general bugs me, especially (for the sake of this topic thread) when it deals with Sonic, Shadow and Amy. I say this because, frankly, turning Sonic's characterization into that of a straight-up jerkass just to give Amy cause to pair up with Shadow is not exactly what I consider good entertainment.

THIS.

I've always been peeved by Ron the Death Eater treatment of Sonic by Shadamy shippers in an effort to put Amy with Shadow. Sonic isn't some possessive and abusive twat who only becomes interested in Amy once she's off with Shadow and if anything, characterizing Sonic this way in Shadamy fics/art just shows how much the writer has no grasp of subtlety when it comes to writing this pairing/How seemingly "jealous" they are of a pairing that has more canonical basis and how they take it out on Sonic by morphig him into an unrecognizable monster.

• Thumbs Up 5

Totally forgot about Gamma there, but regardless SA2 and several games before SA1 didn't include it as part of the plot, so why did Heroes knock it on the head?

I'm guessing it's the plot relevance. Animals weren't needed, so they weren't included. Then again, that brings up a point as to why they were in SA2.

Wow. I get off the internet just long enough to eat dinner, and I come back and there are 30 replies. ._. This is by far my most successful topic ever.

Anyway, I have to agree with what a lot of you have said.

@ Blue!: I have heard some fans think that Shadow is Sonic's brother. There are some weird people out there, I tell ya.

@ Blue!: I have heard some fans think that Shadow is Sonic's brother. There are some weird people out there, I tell ya.

It's just odd that people think that in that 1) Shadow's about 50 years old, and 2) He's not even a 'natural' hedgehog. :I

• Thumbs Up 1

It's just odd that people think that in that 1) Shadow's about 50 years old, and 2) He's not even a 'natural' hedgehog. :I

I know. How people come up with this stuff just baffles me.

You guys are awesome but I just ran out of likes for the day. Argh.

Edited by Time Eater

THIS.

I've always been peeved by Ron the Death Eater treatment of Sonic by Shadamy shippers in an effort to put Amy with Shadow. Sonic isn't some possessive and abusive twat who only becomes interested in Amy once she's off with Shadow and if anything, characterizing Sonic this way in Shadamy fics/art just shows how much the writer has no grasp of subtlety when it comes to writing this pairing/How seemingly "jealous" they are of a pairing that has more canonical basis and how they take it out on Sonic by morphig him into an unrecognizable monster.

Basically, teenage girls who are (generally) stuck the "All Girls Want Bad Boys" phase over fictional characters out of desire. Am I too far off the mark here?

Basically, teenage girls who are (generally) stuck the "All Girls Want Bad Boys" phase over fictional characters out of desire. Am I too far off the mark here?

Based on my personal experience... nope.

As a fan of both Sal and Amy, I couldn't agree more.

And speaking of Archie and such, you know what bothers me? A certain minority in the SatAM fanbase. Now, for the record, I'd like to say that I absolutely love SatAM. It's without a doubt my favorite Sonic show (and I so wish it could have gotten a third season...). However, I don't think it's perfect. Like all shows, even the best ones, it has flaws. And, in regards to the other Sonic continuities, including the games, I try to be very open-minded. If the freedom fighters never make an appearance in a game (though there was that cameo in Sonic Spinball), I can live with that. That's fine by me. You don't like SatAM? Okay, as long as your reasonings are logical, I don't care. You're allowed to have the opposite opinion of mine. And a lot of SatAM fans I know are like this as well.

But, alas, there are a few people out there who are the complete opposite.

Seriously, I've seen these sorts insult people who don't like the series simply because...they don't like the series. Uh, newsflash? People don't have to all like the same things. My god is that annoying...

• Thumbs Up 3

Unbelievable Sonic couples ie SonicxCream, ShadowxAmy, KnucklesxSally the list goes on. I know all fandoms have this but some of these couples just DO NOT WORK and border on pedophilia, especially with Cream. Not to mention many of these couplings have horrific fanfics full of OOC moments and general crappines. Ugh.

• Thumbs Up 9

Unbelievable Sonic couples ie SonicxCream, ShadowxAmy, KnucklesxSally the list goes on. I know all fandoms have this but some of these couples just DO NOT WORK and border on pedophilia, especially with Cream. Not to mention many of these couplings have horrific fanfics full of OOC moments and general crappines. Ugh.

I agree with you. Even though I have nothing against gay people, SonicXShadow is just ridiculous. At this point, it's probably as, if not more popular than SonicXAmy.
  • Thumbs Up 2

• People that can't let go of the past. ESPECIALLY people that keep bringing up how bad 06 was in a attempt to get people to think that Sonic is still bad. LET GO OF THE PAST!
  • Critics and Bloggers that start off every sonic Topic with something along teh lines of "Sonic used to be good" pr "Oh sonic,were did you go wrong?" Man it bugs me to no end.
  • People that try and make fan wars between Sonic and Mario.
  • I also agree that 2D artwork just seemed more appealing then 3D art. I don't know why. 3D just seems so not natural.
  • People that split Sonic's universe into to cannons. Last time I checked no one took the America one seriously and just took the Japanese one as the main cannon.
  • Oh and also like Blue, the fact that no animals came out of Badniks in Generations. They had the models and animations to do so. It's pretty disheartning.

Edited by Sora
  • Thumbs Up 8

Another thing is that when people act like as if Sonic '06 is literally the worst video game ever created by the hands of mankind itself. Sure, it's a terrible game. We know that. But it's not literally the worst thing ever. And to add, some of the people saying that haven't played '06 at all, and just bandwagon. There's much worse games out there.

Edited by Fix-It Felix
  • Thumbs Up 6

Voicewars over Sonic voice actors in general. I use to be involved in it basically telling people how silly it is that they're fighting over voices in the games during the 4kids vs the original cast. I pretty much gave up now since it's still going on and I'm tired of repeating myself over and over. Bringing Ryan Drummond back alone is not going to save the series and it's not going to fix the problems that the series has. It's just a different voice coming out of Sonic's mouth. That's it.

• Thumbs Up 5

Voicewars over Sonic voice actors in general. I use to be involved in it basically telling people how silly it is that they're fighting over voices in the games during the 4kids vs the original cast. I pretty much gave up now since it's still going on and I'm tired of repeating myself over and over. Bringing Ryan Drummond back alone is not going to save the series and it's not going to fix the problems that the series has. It's just a different voice coming out of Sonic's mouth. That's it.

I don't really remember the whole drama about Ryan Drummond v.s. Griffith, but still, it pisses me off that the war still lasts to this day. And it's annoying when people say that Ryan Drummond is hands-down the best voice actor for Sonic, and when they make petitions and videos about it. I also remember when people were wanting Ryan Drummond to voice Sonic for Brawl instead of Jason Griffith. Besides, Sonic had voice clips, he didn't have any lines in Brawl, why does it matter if Ryan would be voicing Sonic? It'd just be rehashed voice clips people have heard a million times. Edited by Fix-It Felix