Awoo.

Thoughts about sonic 06

Light_Framez

& seriously? for those of you who liked generations for the nostalgia? wtf is wrong with you people??

Reminiscing sweet memories of the time when I was a kid is bad, now? Since when?

I like Sonic 06 quite a lot. It was the last game that didn't have that over the top childish crap the recent games have and had playable characters other than Sonic and unique enemies/bosses design. It was the last time Sega had the balls to try something unique.

U mad?

Mad? No.

A wee bit annoyed that you expressed your opinion in such an unnecessarily rude fashion? Yes.

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 3

I like Sonic 06 quite a lot. It was the last game that didn't have that over the top childish crap the recent games have and had playable characters other than Sonic and unique enemies/bosses design. It was the last time Sega had the balls to try something unique.

U mad?

Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of things in newer games, but for me (I am adventure fan) S06 is belongs to the favorite era and the game has a lot of things I love about the franchise that the new games lack or don't have whatsoever.

Mad? No, not really.

We can have different opinions, that's perfectly fine, but we need to make sure that we have the same set of facts and that we're acknowledging them. I have no problem with anyone liking Sonic 06 as long as they back up their statement. I can't speak for everyone though.

Edited by Protagoras

Mad? No, not really.

We can have different opinions, that's perfectly fine, but we need to make sure that we have the same set of facts and that we're acknowledging them. I have no problem with anyone liking Sonic 06 as long as they back up their statement as you have. I can't speak for everyone though.

I absolutely agree. It just make me a bit annoyed that it's some kind of a TREND to hate the game. Yes, it's far from perfect, but it's really not THAT bad. And even then it's OK to hate the game like any other, but so many people hate the game just for the sake of it that I don't even know how to react.

I absolutely agree. It just make me a bit annoyed that it's some kind of a TREND to hate the game. Yes, it's far from perfect, but it's really not THAT bad. And even then it's OK to hate the game like any other, but so many people hate the game just for the sake of it that I don't even know how to react.

With all I've intuited from this forum is that majority of the people here dislike the game for legitimate reasons, if you were to pin point a certain community or group of critics then that would be comprehensible. Some of the hate could be exaggerated, you're correct on that matter, but it seems that majority of it is legitimate.

It's rather shocking that SEGA would allow a game that unpolished to be released, really XP. Still though, some of the screwups in that game are really funny to watch now and then.

• Thumbs Up 1

U mad?

That would be true, if it wasn't for the fact that Unleashed came out 3 years later and was better in almost every way at being an ambitious project. But hey, to each their own.

Honestly, to me, 06 and Shadow were far more adolescent and childish than the current games have been in terms of plot. Essentially, they were crammed with stuff that a 13 year old would describe as being mature and grown up. Ce benefit if a simple story. If you want, you can flesh it out, but if you don't, then you can trim the fact and still have a story that works.

Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of things in newer games, but for me (I am adventure fan) S06 is belongs to the favorite era and the game has a lot of things I love about the franchise that the new games lack or don't have whatsoever.

Well, whatever floats your boat man.

Just as long as you can enjoy the game, and simultaneously admit that its not very good. There are better games with the same gameplay and story formula.

• Thumbs Up 4

U mad?

Then I prefer my 'over the top childish crap' in recent games that are very bright and colorful and it actually looks alot like how Sonic games should be to one that is trying so hard to be (lol) serious and complex with it's ugly, overly-bland 'realistic' design, characters and art style that looks like all the life has been sucked out of them, thanks.

Edit: And it probably is the last time Sega had the balls to try something 'unique' (atleast according to you since you're not counting Unleashed at all) and their lack of efforts nearly killed the franchise and made Sonic the huge laughing stock afterwards. People still don't trust Sega because of what happened.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

well, the moral of this topic is. people will always have different opinions. but thats no reason to send a Mob on them. Im guessing that im 1 of the only ones who are waiting for a sonic game with that sonic adventure feel to it again.

• Thumbs Up 1

well, the moral of this topic is. people will always have different opinions. but thats no reason to send a Mob on them. Im guessing that im 1 of the only ones who are waiting for a sonic game with that sonic adventure feel to it again.

... You haven't been lurking here long, huh?

• Thumbs Up 2

Mob? None of us are getting together, plotting behind your back and getting our torches and pitchforks. XD People are simply being articulate, some perhaps more rude than others, but everyone's opinion is independent here.

Edited by Protagoras
  • Thumbs Up 5

There are better games with the same gameplay and story formula.

Yes, but they're all old.

Oh boo hoo my game about a cartoon hedgehog isn't mature enough, what do they think this is, a game for children?

Don't play dumb. You know what I'm talking about. Colors and Generations to some extent is the culmination of childishness in the series in terms of humor.

Every one of which sucked. Also Sonic sucked.

I tend to notice that pretty much everything sucks for you.

And '06, honestly, has some of the most generic robot designs in the series.

Lolwhut? S06 robots stand out in design. No robots look as S06 robots. Egg pawns however...

No, you mad. You mad because a game you like is crap and you're forced to defend it in a battle you can't possibly win.

Sure, it's hard to argue with masses. And while I admit the game is flawed in many things, there are many other things I love.

There's literally nothing that the game does well, except possibly the music (which, again, I feel is sub-par anyway).

Yes there is. There are quite a lot of things that I think are good. Let's stop now as I see this won't get us anywhere.

I don't care if you guys are enemys of SA or anything. i like SA. To "me" it was a great modern experience.

I don't care if you guys are enemys of SA or anything. i like SA. To "me" it was a great modern experience.

... Who said I hated the Adventure titles? I think they're okay... just okay.

Enemies is a bit of an exaggeration, though I don't like Sonic Adventure, I can understand the influence it had on the series such as 3D Sonic gameplay mechanics, aesthetics, and many other categories, but our opinions on Sonic Adventure is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

• Thumbs Up 1

What does that change?

Don't play dumb. You know what I'm talking about. Colors and Generations to some extent is the culmination of childishness in the series in terms of humor.

How are Colors and Generations any more childish than the classics? You know, the first Sonic games to ever be released? Which are still some of the best games in the series?

And honestly, I rather like most of the humor of Colors and Generations.

Yes there is. There are quite a lot of things that I think are good. Let's stop now as I see this won't get us anywhere.

Hey, you know, this fiasco wouldn't even have started had you actually taken the time to explain adequately why you love this game oh-so-much. I don't mean screaming "TEH STORY WUZNT CHILDISH" or "IT HAD MULTIPLE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS". Even if it wasn't childish, the story was terrible, as were each of the playable characters.

Now explain why you disagree.

Edited by T-Man
  • Thumbs Up 6

... Who said I hated the Adventure titles? I think they're okay... just okay.

No one said you did. but can you explain why SA is everyones enemy on this site? i just wanna know.

The Sonic Adventure series aren't even modern games. Those titles came out over 10 years ago. They're probably even older then you.

• Thumbs Up 1

No one said you did. but can you explain why SA is everyones enemy on this site? i just wanna know.

No one is an enemy of a game, I don't believe anyone here downright hates every single aspect of the game. The majority of people here believe the game is mediocre, but they all have their own reasons. Mine is due to the badly executed alternate play styles, and collision detection, but I don't think that makes the game my "enemy".

Everyone's enemy? There are plenty of people who like SA on this forum, myself included.

...But what does this have to do with Sonic 06?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm confused here. I read the topic's title and it says, "Thoughts on 06" and

-I have been seeing perfectly well-reasoned thoughts on how bad the game is.

-OP starts trying to defend 06 by saying if it weren't rushed, it would've been a better game.

-People have to repeat why that wouldn't happen because 06 had more issues than it being rushed.

Haven't we been through this before?

At the end of the day, nobody here will care if you like 06 as long as you admit it's geatly flawed.

But I am getting tired of claims of how 06's 'could have been' because it seems to me that it's just a way for people to get distracted from what we got in the final product.

EDIT: Nobody here said they hate the Adventure games here, Light Framez. I don't even know why you're even bringing those games up when they have nothing to do with this 06' discussion.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

No one is an enemy of a game, I don't believe anyone here downright hates every single aspect of the game. The majority of people here believe the game is mediocre, but they all have their own reasons. Mine is due to the badly executed alternate play styles, and collision detection, but I don't think that makes the game my "enemy".

So your saying that people don't like the game becuase it has multiple play styles. & because "It doesn't feel like sonic".

thats a Bad thing how?

Let me just Point out that this is a Franchise about a Blue Cartoony Hedgehog, who runs fast, whose best friends are a Orange Fox with Two Tails that uses them for Flight and a Red Echidna who Guards a Oversized Gemstone and fights a Giant Talking Egg man.

yup, thats for the really mature ones, alright

mind you, I am not demanding "Sonics Sugarfun Lollipop Unicorn Rainbow Adventure" forever, but complaining about a series starring a Cartoony Hedgehog being more Child oriented is on par with complaining about Water being wet.

I tend to notice that pretty much everything sucks for you.

nearly everyone who played this game will tell you that everyone playable in it sucked

heck Knuckles and Rouge for some ungodly reason could not Jump off a Wall, Tails couldn't Aim his Rings for Shit, Silver controlled Slow and Clunky....heck the only character from what I know played somewhat Decent was Blaze, thats it.

No robots look as S06 robots.

This is a Egg Gunner

Sonicscreen.jpg

and this is Ed-209 from Robocop

ed209.jpg

notice a Simliarity?

I sure do!

I'm not gonna go Deeper into why the Egg Gunners are absoluteley Generic and uninspired, instead, have a read over posts instead and let me just say they would work MUCH better if they were G.U.N. Robots.

Egg pawns however...

Well, maybe they just look generic to you

No really, the Egg Pawns all have a very Colorful and Vibrant selection of appearances to Differate them from each other, wich even somewhat showed in Sonic Heroes, where you had the Golden Leader Eggpawns alongside the Reguler Orange ones, and then you have Colors wich has guys like a Hard Hat Eggpawn, a Chef Egg Pawn and so on.

as for the Topic on Hand: 06 sucked, plain and Simple. Even with the Cut content restored, you would still have the issue of a Terribly written Plot, a Generic Villain in the form of Mephiles and Boring and Bland Levels and Hub Worlds.

Really the only thing I liked about this game was the Soundtrack (altough it wasn't too Great either), so there you go.

Edited by Mr. NinjaShark
  • Thumbs Up 6