Awoo.

Thoughts about sonic 06

Light_Framez

Honestly, I think BlazeHedgehog's "Sonic 06 is a bad game and here's why" video pretty much sums up my thoughts on this game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic 06 is shit.

I hope this comment has broken fresh ground in this ongoing discussion.

Edited by The Groosenator
  • Thumbs Up 7

For what it's worth, I thought the whole dodging searchlights while infiltrating Eggman's base in the icy mountains of White Acropolis was a really cool concept that was not executed well or in a remotely Sonic-like fashion. I mean I also liked the concept of Crisis City, but that got put into Generations and I love it as I've said like 20 fucking times so I'll leave that out for now (aside from the mad props of making it look less bland and slightly more eerie in terms of the purpleish sky and brighter colours), especially as that's Generations and not this game.

That and I like the sound the searchlights make :S

Otherwise, yeah, game sucks. Only played some of it, and I enjoyed it in a few small places (and managed to do both snowboarding sections on my FIRST TRY), but it's just so horrendous. It might have been a sort of bland kind of bad if it were finished, but as it is it's just a trainwreck, and one that probably fascinates people because of the bile fascination factor that epic fail things tend to have.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 1

For the love of jeebuz. I modified/deleted a bunch of replies earlier today before going out. Please take the hint. Stay civil, contribute your thoughts to the topic at hand without going all personal at each other. If you feel the need to put any members in bad light, we prefer that you refrain from hitting the Post button, it sorta makes the situation worse. Also, effort goes a long way when posting and discussing, so do not be shy when making posts. ^^

Why? Because we have different opinions to you that are substantiated and backed up with evidence and/or logical reasoning?

I'm not the one going around saying stupid shit like: "HURR DURR, we need more people like you" to people who agree with you, as if its somehow bad to have an opinion different to yours.

No it's because you took the time to say im a doughbag, & ppl are hating on me just for sharing my opinions & by making this topic in general. that's a dick move.

I get the feeling Light_Framez was not looking for thoughts, but for people who agreed with him so he could denounce those who didn't agree with him...

Im not trying to do anything. i just wanted to here your thoughts on sonic 06 . & tell you why the game went downhill. i guess the topic went over board. my apologies.

How about you just fucking drop it? One more post, one more fucking post on this stupid-ass argument, and you will promptly receive a strike and this topic locked. Do not reply to this post, do not send me a PM explaining yourself or apologizing, if you do I will strike you, no questions asked and no negotiations whatsoever.

In honor of this riveting discussion, I've decided to write a poem about the game:

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

Even if it was finished,

It'd still just be poo.

Thank you.

riker.gif

It's unfortunate that I have run out of positive votes for the day.

Actually, I believe that I will post some of my beautiful poetry as well. Be nice, guys, I spent two months working on this:

Roses are red

Sonics are blue

Crap is brown

And, uh...uh...THIS GAME SUCKS

Yes, I know, I'm one of the greatest poets of our time.

*ahem* But anyway, just to make sure this post is substantial, I will mention that there was one single area in the game I thought was kind of well-designed, and that was Sonic's Tropical Jungle. The level design was fairly interesting, at least by the game's low, low standards, and there was quite a lot to explore and many paths and shortcuts to take. Some were actually surprisingly discreet. Other than that, though, this game was a steaming pile.

Plumbers are red.

Hedgehogs are blue.

I dislike this game.

Just like Super Mario Bros 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want me to be honest, the main thing I liked about this game was the music. I thought the music was well composed and just awesome. One of the best Sonic OST's I have heard. As for the game itself, it could have been wayyyyyyyyyy better. The development hell it went through was definitely unfortunate; oh well, it is what it is. I am just real curious on the next title.

Even though it's unfinished, I do enjoy it. It's certainly playable, but easy to break. I'd still take it over anything from 2009 and onwards.

Fun Fact: Sonic Team had gone over the budget given to them, which is another one of the reasons why it turned out the way it did.

Edited by -L-
  • Thumbs Up 1

Even though it's unfinished, I do enjoy it. It's certainly playable, but easy to break. I'd still take it over anything from 2009 and onwards.

Fun Fact: Sonic Team had gone over the budget given to them, which is another one of the reasons why it turned out the way it did.

Wow, i never knew that! o:

I don't know, I found Tropical Jungle to be pretty fucking unplayable. All three of them.

Four if you count Blaze's version in the TeamAttackAmigo DLC, which is basically Sonic's version of the level, but smaller and simplified a bit.

So they were so incompetent that they blew through their allotted budget half a year before the game would have even been finished?

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

Anyone who uses the logic that something could of been great if it had been given more time, money, etc. is so ass-backwards at critical thinking that it's hardly worth it at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

... Wow. The more I learn about this game, the more I get the feeling that the developers involved were complete idiots!

• Thumbs Up 6

This topic is such a train wreck, it's like we get back on topic for like 4 posts and then loose all our shit again. Rinse and Repeat

• Thumbs Up 3

Which Super Mario Bros 2? US or JP?

I hate them both.

It's like you want to destroy out relationship Solkia D:<

Sonic Adventure 3 Sonic 06 is a terrible game. Well that all seems to be in order.

Oh I have to say why don't I? The game is what? 7 years old? Do people really not know why? It's a rushed game which has some ideas put into it which are not fully thought through even if they were not completely broken and unplayable.

The game hasn't aged well in this console generation alone which isn't a good sign by any respect, whilst it looked nice when it first came out, from whats come before it, Sonic 06 almost looks like it came from the past console generation... .. .. .ok a slight exaggeration but if you just look at it, it certainly doesn't look like what the current gen consoles could produce in 2007 let alone 2012.

The only things I really do like about it would be the music and the robots... even then the standard bots are terribly overused it's no wonder people start to dislike them. Although I wonder if they only used in one stage would they not get a slightly better reception.

Otherwise... absolutely nothing in this game works. Everything is broken, it's like that episode of turtles where Shredder rules the world and everything is broken, thats what Sonic 06 is. Try as I might, I can't remember any fun or good times I had from that game. For some reason I think I enjoyed doing the first magic powers move with silver, after that it was just boring. Oh wait. I liked the intro, that was good.

The biggest issue I have with it though is that often you don't feel like you're playing this game. People constantly go on about how recent games have this automotion/scripted and how they're not in control of the game. But Sonic 06 by far was the worst when it came to this. Just terrible.

And since I have to write a poem about the game it seems....

DEATH DEATH! The state of death is around me!

I look at you and you laugh! You laugh at me!

I fall down.

The time machine clutches me and thrust! THRUSTING

THRUSTING back in time! I scream out at you

And you laugh at me!

I fall down.

The Stegosaurus' tail hits me in the eye!

And I fall down!

You laugh at me! And I bleed!

I go home, but you're not there!

BUT I LOVE YOU!

But I Hate... you.... Sonic 06.

Is there a source to that? Only I've never seen this before.

It needed more time/It was rushed by these people!

Nobody honestly believes the claim that Microsoft rushed the game do they? The decision was in house by Sega, lets be clear on that one. That line, whoever said it was a desperate excuse which fell flat on it's face.

As for how it would have been had it gotten more time... well... would it really be that much better a game? Maybe something could have been done about the loading times. Maybe the warp zones would have been a tad easier to control... but really? Could much have been done?

• Thumbs Up 5