Awoo.

Pikmin 3 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Pikmin 1 and 2 on GCN are well and truly obsolete nowadays, unless you're a collector. The NPC versions have a few fixes in various places (Pikmin don't drop bomb rocks when called, you can restart from ealier days to fix mistakes) as well as being widescreen and of course having the added benefit on Wiimote controls. You should totally get them.

I have the NPC version of Pikmin 2.  I've fully completed the NPC version of Pikmin 2.  I do not recall ever having the option to restart from earlier days in Pikmin 2.  As far as I'm aware, that feature is brand new for Pikmin 3.

I have the NPC version of Pikmin 2.  I've fully completed the NPC version of Pikmin 2.  I do not recall ever having the option to restart from earlier days in Pikmin 2.  As far as I'm aware, that feature is brand new for Pikmin 3.

Restarting from a previous day is a part of NPCP1, not NPCP2. With the way that P2 is structured, restarting from previous days would be fairly useless. But P1 forces you to complete the game within 30 days, so restarting helps you out a lot.

Edited by Blue Blood

Well, I just finished Pikmin 3, got all the fruits too...now I have to find those Secret Memos, because Shigeru Miyamoto just announced yesterday on Miiverse that if you get all 10 Secret Memos it'll form a unique code. He hasn't said how you can redeem the code or what you get from it yet but this is piqued my interest. 

There are no guides yet on the internet considering that this game came out recently over here.

I can't get used to the NPC versions of the Pikmin games.  I just have more confidence in the control stick than in my own hands, I guess.

Eugh...only five more days, not counting today.  I can't take this wait!  It's going to be sooooo good!

"Video unavailable :\"

I'm going to go back to this game tomorrow and try to collect all of the fruit. I already managed it in the Distant Tundra, and I only have one or two more in Tropical Wilds. But I've got a problem. In TW there's a seesaw (weighted) platform down in the beach area near the Wollyhops. The platform leads into a cave, but I can't for the life of me figure out how it's supposed to work. I'm 100% certain I'm just being stupid, but could anyone help me out?

It's just the OP for "Attack on TItan," nothing special. ;)

Calling all Europeans, you can now get your hands on some nifty Pikmin 3 keyrings!

BQkj9ocCAAER2sr.png

You can get yourself a Red Pikmin clinging onto a peach or a Yellow Pikmin sitting on a strawberry. Both cost 1,700 stars from the Club Nintendo Stars Catalogue.

Anyone gonna get one of these? I've caved in and got the Red Pikmin one, seeing as I missed out on the Winged Pikmin one in the end.

Yes yes yes! I've been waiting for Club Nintendp to get some decent prizes in. I'll be getting these right away.

I'm going to go back to this game tomorrow and try to collect all of the fruit. I already managed it in the Distant Tundra, and I only have one or two more in Tropical Wilds. But I've got a problem. In TW there's a seesaw (weighted) platform down in the beach area near the Wollyhops. The platform leads into a cave, but I can't for the life of me figure out how it's supposed to work. I'm 100% certain I'm just being stupid, but could anyone help me out?

Is that the hole in the tree stump?

It's kinda hard to explain without actually being able to see it, but round that ledge area, there's a raised seesaw platform with a bouncy mushroom beside it. You need to chuck Pikmin onto that bouncy mushroom, so they end up jumping onto the platform (yellows are best, I think). Make sure you have one or two (to grab the secret memo) captains sat on the lower platform.

Just been helping my brother get the rest of the fruit and secret memos... xD

• Thumbs Up 1

That's exactly what I was talking about! Cheers!

No problem! ^^ As I said, pretty much just done that bit when I stumbled across your post. :D It WAS a bit tricky to work out.

Well, thanks to your help I managed to get all the fruit last night, so I decided to go and challenge the final level again. It's an unbelievably tense and epic feat, even for a second time over. Such a brilliant note for the game to end on.

I just beat the final boss with all fruit, spoilers and impressions under the cut;

Man that final boss was tense and creepy, I don't remember the last time my heart raced while fighting a final boss, though I think I was playing it too safe during the stage itself so it took me 3 days to do it all. I've heard the final boss may be related to Pikmin 2's Water Wraith.. which makes it even creepier, *shudders*

Just as I kind of expected though, Pikmin maintains its air of perpetual mystery by answering pretty much none of the stuff I longed to see the answers for. :'l What happened to Louie and Olimar between Pikmin 2 and 3? What the hell is Louie's deal? What is the Plasma Wraith and why was it obsessed with Olimar? And more obviously.. what the heck caused the crash!! They can't tease me like that, I'll go nuts.

If any of the answers to these things are in the game somewhere someone pls tell me because now I've finished it I have no idea if I unlocked anything or what. Also I wish there was an encyclopedia. I'm both satisfied with the the thrill of beating the final boss but also unsatisfied by all the lore that I hoped to find out more about.. only to find it's all just teases like Pikmin 2's mysteries.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just beat the final boss with all fruit, spoilers and impressions under the cut;

Man that final boss was tense and creepy, I don't remember the last time my heart raced while fighting a final boss, though I think I was playing it too safe during the stage itself so it took me 3 days to do it all. I've heard the final boss may be related to Pikmin 2's Water Wraith.. which makes it even creepier, *shudders*

Just as I kind of expected though, Pikmin maintains its air of perpetual mystery by answering pretty much none of the stuff I longed to see the answers for. :'l What happened to Louie and Olimar between Pikmin 2 and 3? What the hell is Louie's deal? What is the Plasma Wraith and why was it obsessed with Olimar? And more obviously.. what the heck caused the crash!! They can't tease me like that, I'll go nuts.

If any of the answers to these things are in the game somewhere someone pls tell me because now I've finished it I have no idea if I unlocked anything or what. Also I wish there was an encyclopedia. I'm both satisfied with the the thrill of beating the final boss but also unsatisfied by all the lore that I hoped to find out more about.. only to find it's all just teases like Pikmin 2's mysteries.

Did you get all the Secret Memos? Cause it makes up a code and you can redeem it for something. Shigeru Miyamoto hasn't confirmed what it unlocks yet or how you redeem it though.

Did you get all the Secret Memos? Cause it makes up a code and you can redeem it for something. Shigeru Miyamoto hasn't confirmed what it unlocks yet or how you redeem it though.

I'm not sure if I have em all but I have a fair few. It'll probably be for something lame like a Pikmin keychain or something.

I'm not a fan of keychains.

mumblegrumble.

I couldn't agree more with your sentiments on the final boss and the game as a whole, Super Link. It completely usurps the previous games in terms of epicness.

Edited by Blue Blood

Acquired Pikmin 3 earlier (or rather, my brother did and I happened to be nearby). Thoughts on the game (as of the end of Day 2):

+ Graphics look quite good. Not mind-blowing, but nevertheless host to some lovely vistas, as with the previous games.

+ Gamepad adds a good amount to the experience. Granted, it probably would to any real-time strategy, but I digress.

+ Sounds and music are still top-notch. Old tunes get a fresh coat of paint, and new tunes fit in comfortably with the rest.

+ Enemies still sport unnerving designs. I dunno, it's probably just me, but I love me some aliens that really feel alien. Nice stuff.

+ If our mysterious file-dropper is who I think he is, then this game possesses one of the best ideas for exposition in Nintendo. Kudos.

And now, on to the negatives.

- Atmosphere seems largely absent. Everyone is very gung-ho about being on a strange new planet, manipulating a peculiar alien species to do their bidding, and so on. The music tries its best to make up for this, but ultimately it does take away from the experience. If I am immersed at all, I haven't noticed it.

- Pacing feels off. Related to the above, the early game doesn't feel terribly well plotted. The purpose of the narrative at this point of the game simply seems to be to set up a bunch of short term goals for the player to accomplish, like finding the captains as fast as possible, and forgets to properly set up long term plots, like better establishing the food mechanic and the relationships between the Pikmin and the captains. This seems to cater more to fans of previous games, who have already had sufficient introduction to the world and concepts, and less towards newer players who haven't gotten the privilege.

And finally, some issues that are probably more temporary. You know more than I do.

/ Piklopedia seems a bit neutered at this point, but I don't know if this improves later.

/ Rock Pikmin still haven't really been well explained, and I fear for the Purple Pikmin's inevitable nerfing. In addition, the little Source nuggets seem a bit broken at this point.

...That was a lot more typing than I intended. Sorry for the long-windedness.

• Thumbs Up 1