Awoo.

Pikmin 3 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Yes, you can play the game for as long as you like...as LONG as you've got enough food to keep the group alive. So it is a mix of Pikmin 1 & 2 in terms of the time system.

Also, my copy shipped too! I'll definitely get it on Thursday at this rate :)

That sounds pretty good, it's infinite but with a bit of strategy. So asking as you have enough "resources" (in this case food) you can keep going

Luckily I have some money at the side for this game. I'll finally be using my Wii U for something other than Wii gaming in HD.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pikmin 3 DLC could happen.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/23/pikmin-3-dlc-possible-says-miyamoto

"So, using the internet [the team] thinks it'd like to add new missions and maps to the game little by little," said Miyamoto during the interview.

Oh man, I hope this ends up happening.  With the game's new mission mode, DLC would be fantastic.

Edited by Gregzilla
  • Thumbs Up 2

Pikmin 3 DLC could happen.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/23/pikmin-3-dlc-possible-says-miyamoto

Oh man, I hope this ends up happening.  With the game's new mission mode, DLC would be fantastic.

That would be great...because apparently the game is pretty short.

EDIT: IGN plays through the first day of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8NGG9Gu4iU

Edited by KrazyBean

Well I'm jealous!

I live the new game in the mail feeling :D

What are the first impressions?

Well I'm jealous!

I live the new game in the mail feeling biggrin.png

What are the first impressions?

It's basically what you've come to expect from Pikmin. Incredibly charming and colorful. It's just a really great feel-good game.

With that said the game easily feels like it's designed around the Wiimote. In fact I kind of recommend it, pointer aiming makes it a lot better.

Well, didn't Pikmin 3 start out on the Wii anyway? 1&2 were both improved immeasurably by the NPC controls. Not only are they examples of motion controls done right, but also just how much they can be used to make existing gameplay better.

Well, didn't Pikmin 3 start out on the Wii anyway? 1&2 were both improved immeasurably by the NPC controls. Not only are they examples of motion controls done right, but also just how much they can be used to make existing gameplay better.

Yeah, it shows that the game was originally a Wii game. The controls on ground can be a bit iffy to get used to because right stick is camera control while left stick controls both aiming and moving.

That said it's no slouch of a Wii upgrade, the game looks beautiful and some of the small Wii U pad stuff is kind of neat.

It's basically what you've come to expect from Pikmin. Incredibly charming and colorful. It's just a really great feel-good game.

With that said the game easily feels like it's designed around the Wiimote. In fact I kind of recommend it, pointer aiming makes it a lot better.

From someone who has never touched a Pikmin game, must I play the first two titles before playing this one?

Or can I dive into this game immediately. Just wondering if this game is accessible to a newcomer like myself.

From someone who has never touched a Pikmin game, must I play the first two titles before playing this one?

Or can I dive into this game immediately. Just wondering if this game is accessible to a newcomer like myself.

It's easy to jump into. The game is clearly self-contained. I'm no Pikmin expert, I've only played a little of the older titles so this is sort of new to me as well.

The game is also heavily upgraded if you use a Wii Remote with Wii Motion Plus. If you're using the normal Wii Remote, the controls can be finicky and not as accurate. For example, you can trail off the screen with the Wii Remote Plus.

Wii U Gamepad has it's pros too. Camera control should make the game easier to move around and the content on the gamepad can come in handy.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about the motion plus. That made cursor control in Skyward Sword so much better than in Galaxy cause you didn't have to constantly point right at the screen. The only problem is the recalibration all the time, but it's hardly a deal breaker.

The extra Gamepad content is largely superfluous. I don't find myself using the tabs or any features that go along with it, and even when its telling you to look at the Gamepad screen the content is displayed on the TV anyway - just in a smaller size. I only use it for photos but even that is pointless right now since the Miiverse community isn't up yet.

I only use it for photos but even that is pointless right now since the Miiverse community isn't up yet.

It's what happens when you break the street date, Carbo. :P

So should I play this game with my Wii Remote Plus + Nunchuck and leave the GamePad on the stand next to my TV for instant access to the map and other stuff?

My copy arrived this morning! I've hardly played it yet, but it looks lush. I'll get more into it this evening. And the little Pink Pikmin keyring is adorable.

This game...is EXCELLENT! 

I'm currently on Day 5 and I'm really enjoying it. The graphics are amazing, especially the water and the Wii Remote + Nunchuck + GamePad integration is pretty awesome and allows for really strategic gameplay. It's a shame that it runs at 30fps though, but, meh. Oh yes, the keyring is lovely smile.png

One more thing. What do you call a person who only eats fruit? Olimar's race are vegetarians, so what are the Koppaites? (I think that's how you spell it, lol).

Edited by KrazyBean

It's a shame that it runs at 30fps though, but, meh.

Wait, what?  I thought it was confirmed to run at 60?

It was never confirmed to be 60. You probably have it mixed up with Smash Bros.

I guess I never saw an official confirmation, but most previews I saw claimed it ran at 60 for some reason.  Man, that's a bummer.  Oh well.

If it's stable, I don't see the problem. A lot of games in the last generation didn't even do a stable 30.

If it's stable, I don't see the problem. A lot of games in the last generation didn't even do a stable 30.

Oh yes, it's definitely stable. The only point were it slows down is...when the bottles are being filled with juice after each day...yeah. Then again, I haven't completed the game, it might experience slowdown at later levels but from what I've played so far, it's fine.

That's what I thought too but I don't recall this being confirmed, so I was wrong.