Awoo.

Pikmin 3 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Wow, every big Nintendo release seems to be getting amazing pre order bonuses at GAME as of late, I love it :)

From GoNintendo:

Pikmin_3_1080.jpg

No confirmation as to whether or not it's real, but it certainly looks it. The NN logo is just for MiiVerse as far as I can tell, and it says 1080. Now wouldn't that be something?

Edited by Blue Blood

Actually, I went about checking some of my Wii U game cases and none of them mentioned resolutions at all. But yeah, I know about 360/PS3 games doing that.

Do any Wii U games actually run at 1080p? The system is capable of it, but all the launch titles hit 720p max before upscaling.

To the right of it, it says 720p.

Xbox/PS3 games do that all the time. They state 1080p but don't actually run at that framerate. It get scale up to 1080p. That's what the Wii U does with 720p.

Confirmation: Renders at 720p but outputs 1080p

Also, another tidbit, according to that link the White and Purple Pikmin are only in multiplayer.  I imagine that might make some people sad, but personally I don't think that's a big deal.  Flying and Rock Pikmin look like they have more interesting gameplay potential.

Actually, I went about checking some of my Wii U game cases and none of them mentioned resolutions at all.

Japans Wii U games do,

Do any Wii U games actually run at 1080p? The system is capable of it, but all the launch titles hit 720p max before upscaling.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Wind Waker HD

(Speculated) Mario Kart 7

Rayman Legends

Mighty Switch Force

etc

Some games were supposed to be 1080p but were cut down to 720p to take 60FPS instead.

Are your bodies ready?

Pikmin 3 GameStop Hands-on Announcement  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFynjjTEKLw

The Regginator is here to tell you what's next for Pikmin 3. Don't miss your chance to play Pikmin 3 at GameStop two weeks before the game goes on sale August 4th! Visit http://www.gamestop.com/events for more details!
Official site: http://pikmin3.nintendo.com/

"Don't miss your chance to play a demo of the game when the rest of the world is already playing the full version at home!"

• Thumbs Up 3

Important note

Preorder the download version, get it 1 day early! That means you won't be as late as the rest of America.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

As if the 1080p would even matter.  This game's graphics are somewhere between the 64 and the GameCube.  -rolls eyes-

Anyway, I'm SUPER pumped about this game.  I curious about any new Pikmin that may not have been revealed yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shit man, the Monsters look great in HD. The environments are pretty crap, but it's always been about the monsters.

Shit man, the Monsters look great in HD. The environments are pretty crap, but it's always been about the monsters.

It's not the graphics that turned me off to the game, anyway, but I'd rather not open this can of worms, lest someone get pissy.

As if the 1080p would even matter.  This game's graphics are somewhere between the 64 and the GameCube.  -rolls eyes-

There's disliking visuals and other elements (and yes before you say anything I know why you don't like the game, I've read the MH thread) of a game and there's being plain wrong.  You're doing the latter here my friend.  I don't see how one could possibly think this is anything close to a Gamecube game and especially not a 64 game:

monster-hunter-3-ultimate201211-19-12001

eurogamer-9rwcac.jpg

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

Honestly..... there are gamecube games out there that look on par if not better than the stuff Monster Hunter is offering. 

Metroid%20Prime%203%2006.jpg?rdrts=48350

There's disliking visuals and other elements (and yes before you say anything I know why you don't like the game, I've read the MH thread) of a game and there's being plain wrong.  You're doing the latter here my friend.  I don't see how one could possibly think this is anything close to a Gamecube game and especially not a 64 game:

I honestly hate the N64 comparisons because whenever those are pulled, you can tell someone has never owned an N64.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

there's a magic little thing called

EXAGGERATION

You use it when something is shit and you want to get your point across.  Obviously the game doesn't have 64 graphics.  But like Wraith said, there are Gamecube games that deliver a better graphical experience than a game released TWO GENERATIONS LATER.

Get that shit out of here, Autosaver.  I just spent last week replaying Majora's Mask on my centuries old 64.

@SSW - You do realize you replied to a week old comment that was on an off-topic discussion anyways? Right? dry.png

Pikmin 3 reviews seem like it's not going to be GOTY material. Will be an excellent game, but not truly breath taking. Oh well.

IGN Video Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qhzzOBTNKE

It got an 8.8...and people in the comments are complaining that it's not good enough of a score. Bloody hell, shows how expectations are TOO HIGH nowadays

dry.png 

Edited by KrazyBean

8.8 is fine! This game is getting great scores. I would be even more disappointed if it got 7's instead.

Isn't that what Twilight Princess got on some review site.

That would be Gamespot. I was actually one of the few who agreed with that review since TP only strong point was Midna. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparently the main campaign is about 10 hours long. Sounds a bit shorter than Pikmin 2, but longer than Pikmin 1.

Lets keep in mind that with Pikmin, the campaign is really just as long as you choose make it. I've not actually been keeping up with the news though. Doesn't this game sort of mix the time limit system of Pikmin 1 with the neverending Pikmin 2? As is there is a time limit, but you can prolong it?

GAME just sent an email to confirm that my copy of the game has shipped! EEEEEEE!

10 hours is great for me, I can only spend so long playing games a day due to what time my daughter does to bed, the dishes and then actually going to sleep. That's counting on if I even get to play' that'd last me quite a while.

Never played Pikmin 2, although I did want to try it. I didn't really like 1 that much, I like the idea of the time limit, but maybe have less parts, so you don't feel like you had to get a piece everyday. I never could complete that game :/

Edit: with Pikmin 1, I liked everything else apart form the time limit, but because it is such an important part it took away from the fun of the Pikmin controlling and puzzle solving, especially the mad rush to try and get 2 pieces in a day if you missed one

Edited by Jolt_TH

Lets keep in mind that with Pikmin, the campaign is really just as long as you choose make it. I've not actually been keeping up with the news though. Doesn't this game sort of mix the time limit system of Pikmin 1 with the neverending Pikmin 2? As is there is a time limit, but you can prolong it?

GAME just sent an email to confirm that my copy of the game has shipped! EEEEEEE!

Yes, you can play the game for as long as you like...as LONG as you've got enough food to keep the group alive. So it is a mix of Pikmin 1 & 2 in terms of the time system.

Also, my copy shipped too! I'll definitely get it on Thursday at this rate :)